Needham Court Care Home

9 Stanhope Road, Low Simonside, Jarrow NE32 3UD

Needham Court is a purpose-built care home located in the historic shipbuilding town of Jarrow. Needham Court is managed by Julie Baron who is very experienced in caring for the elderly and has worked in the care industry for many years. Together with her dedicated team she is able to deliver the care required 24 hours a day. Her aim is to value each and every individual that comes to stay at Needham Court and to ensure their every need is attended to.

The Home is organised across three floors with spacious living accommodation comprising of several smaller lounges and dining areas. Like all HC-One care homes, Needham Court is decorated throughout to the highest standard.

The bedrooms are large and well-equipped and all come with en-suite facilities, some offering their own shower. All the facilities you might expect and some you might not, such as plasma televisions in the lounges and in some of the bedrooms, a beauty salon, direct dial telephones to every room, unlimited WiFi access and a Nintendo Wii.

As well as having a beautiful interior, Needham Court boasts fabulous landscaped gardens and outside sitting areas for residents to enjoy the fresh air.

Person in charge: Julie Baron (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 57 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Needham Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Needham Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 31 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Needham Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 25 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.727 for Needham Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (273 Excellents x 5) + (79 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 362 Ratings = 4.727

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Needham Court Care Home is based on 25 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11.4 positive Reviews (57 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 25 Reviews ÷ 11.4 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Needham Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.727) from 31 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Needham Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Needham Court Care Home

My review today was of a delicate nature as my mam's health was deteriorating and the meeting consisted of social worker also NHS continuing healthcare team and district nurse. Also, the senior staff member who I have to say was very very supportive to myself throughout this meeting and raised my all concerns for mam to reside at Needham Court. I could not have done without her.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

It is such a difficult decision to place a loved one in a care home. Although my Mother was a resident for a short time, the level of compassion, empathy and genuine love of their residents shines through. My mother passed away in a dignified, comfortable and peaceful manner and all the staff could not do enough for my Mother and our family. My Mother was valued, listened to and all of her needs were met. Thank you to all the staff at Needham Court you made the last few months with my Mother very special and to see my Mam happy with a sparkle in her eyes again we could not ask for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Building very cosy and with a homely feel to it. Immaculate decoration throughout. Staff very friendly, helpful and supportive. Residents' rooms spacious and comfortable, complete with TV. Clothes laundered as and when needed, returned in a timely manner. Having my father in respite for the week, I wouldn't hesitate for him to return in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I & my family are really happy with mams care. We can't thank the staff enough mam is looked after with care dignity & respect. It takes special people to do the job so well. Mam has dementia she is nearly ninety-three mam has poor appetite carers coax her to eat. Mam always looks clean happy and well cared for. The home is always updating decor & furnishings it's spotless clean Thankyou to all the staff for the care and keeping mam happy in her last years

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My late sister resided at this home for about two and a half years. We were very surprised that she settled in here as she was a very shy and private person but the staff were wonderful and put her at ease straight away.
The atmosphere was excellent cleanliness and comfort could not be faulted.
Sadly she passed away in February and again the support and compassion we received from the staff was faultless.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very good home. Staff always helpful and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Likely

I have found all staff members extremely helpful in all aspects of mother's care.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Needham Court is fabulous.
It caters for all my mam’s needs- She has Alzheimer’s, not all residents have this though.
The staff are all wonderful and they all go out of there way to help.
The food always looks amazing too.
Mam also has a lovely room, which is always kept immaculate.
Her clothes are laundered really quickly and put away lovely.
I can not fault the Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our mum has been in Needham Court for a few months now and we must acknowledge the excellent care that she has received. When she was first transferred; we as a family only expected her to live days or weeks. She had been in the hospital where she was losing weight, her dementia was rapidly worsening and all she wanted to do was to sleep. She was extremely fragile and very unhappy. The staff however at Needham Court just took mum under their wings and on her second day there she participated in a wartime tea dance. They offer to involve mum in daily activities but if she wants to have a lie in then that is ok too. Mum is now happy, putting on weight and we have our mum back. She has a light in her eyes now that she had lost and this is all down to the staff at Needham Court. We will never be able to thank you for the extra time we have with mum and for the happy memories, we are now making with her. We would most definitely recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Amazing. Brilliant. 110% for everything. The care they give is first class.

Changed the quality of mum's life.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are amazing with my grandma. They treat her with dignity and respect. They meet all of the family's requests and always help as much as possible.
I would highly recommend Needham Court to everyone!

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The first impression was just fab.
What a lovely, light central hall. Welcoming staff, very professional and friendly. We were shown around the care home and were informed of the day to day activities within the care home.
A couple of days later my mam moved into Needham Court. My mam has settled in really well. Staff and management have been very caring and supportive.
It seems to be a very strong team and I am really glad with my choice of care home for my mam.
Thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law came into the home as an emergency case. The home manager was really there for us and had no problems when enquiring if my mother-in-law could come into the home.
The staff treated us with respect and dignity, showed care commitment compassion to us inside the home and outside. Support was exceptional. My mother-in-law had been cared for by my husband and myself for 24 years and I can say that in the 8 months of my mother-in-law's life she was happy and had a life she never had, gratitude to all involved.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has settled well and the staff are always helping with a friendly manner and respectful when tending to his needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Likely

My wife has been in Needham Court since March 2015 and we have been more than satisfied with her care and treatment over the entire period. Any requests (never complaints) are dealt with almost immediately by a very caring management and staff and I would add that my wife is not the easiest of residents to deal with.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mam was in Needham due to vascular dementia. Her stay at this home was a very comfortable time and the staff met all her needs. They were very professional in their role. My mam gained a lot of trust within staff and the home.
She never had any complaints and became very settled but her condition got a lot worse and she had to leave for full-time nursing.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

As the saying goes "there's no place like home" but it's a comfort to say I've found the next best thing for my dear dad at Needham Court. The staff are 'hand-picked' as my dad reassures me and the facilities are uplifting, especially following the recent facelift. Despite progressing dementia, dad still regularly writes notes of thanks for a wonderful stay. The staff are kind, compassionate and always ready to go the extra mile for both the residents and their family. Thank you sincerely for caring for my treasured dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Wonderful carers, the care the staff give to my mam is excellent. The girls and staff are excellent, would definitely recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Needham Court are outstanding, they care for my mum as if she was a member of their own family. She has never been happier. Thank you to you all. They are a credit to the company.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I carefully picked Needham Court for my mum to looked after well.
I can honestly say, I am pleased I chose this home. I am happy, good staff, good management, happy days.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have always found the staff helpful, polite and knowledgeable with regard to my mam and admire their patience doing a very difficult job. The home itself seems to run very smoothly on a day to day basis. When entering the home it always smells of homemade food and I know my mam enjoys all meals.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Likely

Staff were very welcoming, with kindness and consideration. Staff seem to work very hard, are all caring and need good pay.
The food was good, a choice and all reasonable.
The home was clean and a pleasant environment.
Overall my stay here was good.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very pleasant, helpful staff. Mam is well looked after and appears happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Likely

I enjoyed my stay at Needham Court. The staff were friendly and very efficient. The meals were very good and there was a wide range of activities and entertainment which I enjoyed.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very pleased with every aspect of Needham Court. The staff are fantastic with my uncle, his room is very good and his dignity and care is first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

There has been a lot of changes occurred since the new company has taken over and I must admit that the home has never been so better staffed with many new faces which must have a good feeling for many of the residents. Many of the staff have and will go that extra yard to achieve a residents comfort and cleanliness and all round well being as they have always done. I am pleased that my parent is in this care home because the staff try and give so much to ensure that all residents do have their share of attention and help there are many unsung heroes out there.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

First class care. My mother is very happy here. The staff are all approachable. Carers are amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff and the management are lovely. They are approachable and listen to my mother's needs. If we require help, they endeavour to assist promptly and with a lovely manner.
They treat my mother with dignity and have gotten to know her as an individual with individual needs.
The home is clean, the food nourishing and the atmosphere is pleasant and welcoming. I and my family, always feel welcome and reassured when we have visited.
Good home. Would recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mam hs been in Needham Court for over seven years I find the staff very friendly and very helpful when you need help they are there as fast as you can. Cannot fault the home in any way, hope they keep up the good work, always busy and a good bunch of people. Mam seems very happy keep up the good work, thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident for approx 7 months. I am happy with the care. The home is clean and tidy. The staff are good and react well to her needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Needham Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Auntie entered Needham Court in May 2015. I cannot praise the staff highly enough, especially the Administrator. They are all wonderful, friendly, caring, sympathetic and kind - all the positive superlatives. The home is spotlessly clean and tidy. The visitors are treated as friends by the staff. A brilliant home from home.

Submit a Review for Needham Court Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

August 2011

Food Hygiene Rating 5

Recipient: Needham Court Care Home

Date: Monday 22 Aug 2011

Julie

Julie Baron

What does ‘kindness’ mean to you?

“For me, kind care is delivered with the Residents’ best interests at heart and to their choice with patience and understanding in a way that the resident can relate to.”

Julie has over ten years’ experience in all aspects of delivering care and support for older people, to enrich their lives. She is a committed leader who is passionate about delivering the highest quality of care and life for the Residents of Needham Court.

Having started her career as a Carer and working her way up to Home Manager, Julie closely shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She extends this caring approach to her colleagues and works closely with them to deliver care and support to Residents in a way that they gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby schools and clubs and is always keen to include the local community in life at Needham Court.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Julie remarked:

“I just love interacting with the Residents, seeing a smile on their faces really does make my day.”

In her spare time, Julie likes to spend time with her family, particularly her two granddaughters. She also enjoys long walks with her dog and socialising with her friends.

If you would like to find out more information about Needham Court, Julie has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Needham Court Care Home