Cluny Lodge

10-16 Cluny Drive, Morningside, Edinburgh EH10 6DP

Cluny Lodge employs an experienced team of nurses and carers, who are able to fulfil their professional potential within a homely environment, at the same time as supporting a positive daily lifestyle.

The focus is on enabling all clients to enjoy this phase of their life, with a respectful approach towards their personal choice and visiting loved ones.

All carers are handpicked for their empathy, with each residents having their own key worker who makes sure the service remains appropriate and effective over the long-term.

Group: Elder Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Anne Rees (Facility Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Edinburgh City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 72 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Cluny Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Cluny Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cluny Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.847 for Cluny Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (122 Excellents x 5) + (22 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 144 Ratings = 4.847

The 4.764 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cluny Lodge is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.4 positive Reviews (72 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 14.4 Target = 0.764

9.6 Cluny Lodge has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.611) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cluny Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Cluny Lodge

• Respite Resident/Service User

The care my mother received at Cluny Lodge was an exemplar of excellence and could not be bettered. I do not use these words lightly; my opinion is based on both my many years as a District Nursing Sister and as a daughter. The loving care my mother received there was truly exceptional; in very late stages of dementia my Mum always seemed settled and happy and with her dignity maintained. Her face lit up whenever a member of staff came into her room and it was clear that the staff were truly fond of her, getting to know her personality and what was best for her as an individual.
The staff were equally as kind and compassionate to me, always asking after my welfare and keeping me informed of any change in my Mum's condition or care. There was a lot of social activity and rarely did I ever find my Mum alone in her room. Whilst it is the staff that is the foundation of what makes a Nursing Home good it is also worth mentioning the 5* food and furnishings.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

The staff and management at Cluny Lodge provided outstanding care and kindness to my wife over the 27 months she was in the home dying from Motor Neurone Disease.

The staff always greeted family and friends with a friendly smile, they found time to chat and joke with my wife and to exchange banter with us. They kept her spirits up when she felt low. Food and accommodation was excellent. The other residents were friendly and supportive.

I personally was glad of their help and kindness which sustained me over the months when I visited my wife daily.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

My father's experience in Cluny Lodge has been extremely positive. The staff have gone that extra mile in providing first class care and support and he has especially enjoyed their cheery banter. The activities have also been a hit, from poetry evenings to trips out on the bus, he has been there. As a fussy eater, he has regularly sang the praises of the food. As a relative, I have been delighted at the way the home has kept me appraised of developments which ensures that I can relax knowing he is in very capable hands. I would highly recommend Cluny Lodge, particularly for the staff and the care they provide.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

The standard of nursing at Cluny Lodge is exceptional. My mother has advanced dementia and is treated with respect and compassion by a nursing team committed to fulfilling her physical and emotional needs. My father has been welcomed into the Cluny Lodge Community - he frequently has his meals with the residents and feels part of my mother's life. The staff are always happy to talk to us about any of our concerns and we can visit at any time. There is a good activity programme although unfortunately, my mother is no longer able to participate.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

From the very beginning, 'Cluny Lodge' (Elder Homes) were very supportive and professional. This, over the three years my mother has resided here, has been augmented by real warmth and care.
This is present at all levels in the home, from the management to all staff.
I feel my needs are catered for and my mother is in the best place possible for sustaining her quality of life.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

Received a very warm welcome for my respite stay. Staff warm and friendly nothing seems too much trouble. Also, visitors impressed with surroundings, staff and food. I would be very happy to return.
Would suggest a lockable drawer or safe in bedroom for valuables.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

We are very happy with the care and support.

Very high standards.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

Staff asking my relative if there is anything that they would like done differently, about their meals and location for eating them, their clothing, the activities and facilities that are available for my relative, how staff/carers help them.
My relative cannot remember things but is very happy with their care, meals, laundry and is helped to a few of the social activities that appeal. I am pleased to see my relative weekly and they look well, are wearing their own clean clothes and the resident's room is clean and tidy as is the ensuite. Staff are caring and kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

Cluny Lodge is such a lovely home. The staff are very empathetic, cheery, and skilled. The place is very busy with many many activities including yoga, films, concerts, poetry, crafts, even therapeutic miniature ponies have been known to visit. Nothing is too much bother and the staff seem to genuinely care about the residents.

The rooms are all different, my Mum's is quite small but there are some really large ones, it's just the luck of the draw and of course, the larger ones are more expensive. Mum complains a bit about the food but there is always a choice; visitors can eat with residents free of charge and I've always found it to be good.

I highly recommend Cluny Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

When my mother fell and broke her hip on returning from hospital she was finding living on her own very difficult. Her GP and Social Care Officer advised that she would be better moving into a residential care home. My sister and I started looking into various homes in Edinburgh. Cluny Lodge shone out from all the rest viewed. We then put in an application but unfortunately at the time they were full but within days, a room came free and we were offered it. Within days we moved my other into the care home, some three years ago. We have been more than satisfied with the care provided, indeed if you had a category above 'Excellent' they would fall into that category.

How likely would you be to recommend Cluny Lodge? Extremely Likely

My Mum was a resident in Cluny Lodge Nursing Home for 3 years and 4 months. From the outset the staff and management could not have done more to enable Mum to settle and ultimately have an improved quality of life whilst living there. Mum although very reluctant in the beginning to stay at Cluny as she wanted to go home, soon began to feel safe and enjoy the company of other residents and staff. Cluny offered us as a family extra years of quality fun times with Mum which would not have been possible for her at home. Mum's health fluctuated a lot over this period and staff took great care to ensure she was consulted by her GP and other services as required.She enjoyed the food, outings and day activities on offer and the general buzz of activity within the home. Staff genuinely seemed not only to care for but also care about Mum which was extremely important to us. I visited Mum at all different times of day/night and was always encouraged by the respect and dignity showed to residents by staff.

Sadly Mum died 4 weeks ago and I will always be grateful to Cluny staff for their dedication to making this so dignified and peaceful and enabling her to die there and not be transferred to hospital. The care shown to Mum and us was exceptional and will never be forgotten.
I would not hesitate to recommend Cluny Lodge as a nursing home of choice.

Submit a Review for Cluny Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Cluny Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cluny Lodge