Braemount Care Home, Paisley, Renfrewshire

Located in a peaceful area of Glenburn, Paisley, Braemount Care Home offers long and short-term residential care for the elderly. Care plans are tailored to individual needs and include dementia, nursing, respite, palliative, convalescent, and Parkinson’s care.

The purpose-built accommodation consists of four houses, each with its own a lounge, conservatory and pretty landscaped garden. All bedrooms are tastefully decorated and furnished, and include en-suite facilities and a 24 hour call system.

A wide range of nutritious dishes are prepared on a daily basis using only fresh produce. Residents can choose to eat in the dining room, or in their own room if preferred. Tea, coffee and drinks are served regularly and there is also a Nite Bite menu available for out of hours snacks.

The popular activity programme includes reminiscence therapy, arts and crafts, musical entertainment and a cinema club. Residents can also enjoy regular trips and outings and visits from a mobile library and hairdresser.

Person in charge: Sandra Reynolds (Interim General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Renfrewshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 120 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Arabic, Czech, Hindi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

7.8 Braemount Care Home has a Review Score of 7.8 (7.838)

The Review Score of 7.8 (maximum of 10) for Braemount Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Braemount Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.505 for Braemount Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (63 Excellents x 5) + (35 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 107 Ratings = 4.505

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 3.333 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Braemount Care Home is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 24 positive Reviews (120 registered beds ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 24 Target = 0.083

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Braemount Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Braemount Care Home

I would like to thank all the staff in the Nethercraigs House for looking after my friend's husband, all staff are kind, polite, well-spoken and brilliant communication skills throughout the home all staff are smart, clean and also friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

I enjoyed living independently, However, I recognised my needs were such that I needed greater support. Since moving into Braemount I have not needed to back to hospital. I have a lovely room with many of my personal possessions. I am no longer lonely. I have made several new friends and I enjoy the daily activities and music in the lounge. The staff are my friends and are all very pleasant. My family are able to visit regularly. The soup is excellent. The cook asks if we have any preferences, and usually can oblige. All the residents have different needs and the staff work very hard to support us all.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Braemount Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My uncle seems happy in the care home, really likes all the staff and speaks highly of all the nurses.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

We feel our dad is very well looked after, he is always clean and well dressed and seems happy and content.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like being in the home and feel I have met many friends here. I like my food and feel that is tastes good. I enjoy going to my room to watch my television when I want to be on my own. I enjoy walking and I am active but afraid in case I fall.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel as if I have lost my independence as I cannot do the things I want to do for example I am not allowed to walk with my zimmer unless someone comes with me in case I fall. I do enjoy doing activities as it breaks up my day and saves me from getting fed up. I feel that the meat could be cooked better and longer.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Likely

My sister has been a resident for five years now and the family are happy with the way in which she is being looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent all round. Staff very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has been in this unit for over two years and has been very well looked after by all the staff. The unit is kept very clean and activities are laid on for residents who are able to respond. overall a happy place mainly due to the excellent staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Likely

Submit a Review for Braemount Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Braemount Care Home