Golfhill Care Home, Glasgow, Glasgow City

Golfhill offers nursing dementia care by an experienced team who are also trained in the challenges of mental illness, Parkinson’s and physical frailties. Respite, palliative and convalescence care are also practised.

Golfhill consists of four spacious and self-contained houses which have been set out with homely comforts in mind. Residents can feel relaxed and comfortable in spacious communal areas and ensuite bedrooms while enjoying views of the lovely gardens.

A varied menu is organised to suit long-term health and nutrition, and also takes account of personal preferences and tastes.

A wide range of stimulating activities are enjoyed by residents, with a positive lifestyle and good mental and physical stimulation considered to be an important part of life in a Bupa care home. The home has its own cinema room and hairdressing salon and also benefits from regular visits from a mobile library.

Person in charge: Nancyanne Smith (Interim General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 90 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Golfhill Care Home: click here

9.1 Golfhill Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.056)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Golfhill Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 27 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Golfhill Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.556 for Golfhill Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (190 Excellents x 5) + (107 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 313 Ratings = 4.556

The 4.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Golfhill Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 18 positive Reviews (90 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 18 Target = 0.500

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Golfhill Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Golfhill Care Home

I feel my aunt is safe and well cared for. All staff have a warm and friendly relationship with both my aunt and myself and family.
All her needs are being fulfilled by the care home which is always smelling nice and everywhere is spotlessly clean. I have tasted the food when visiting and it has always been delicious!

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 20 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you feel that your aunt is safe and well cared for, this must give you peace of mind knowing this.

Staff are attentive most of the time and my dad is well cared for. We have on occasions asked about his welfare but staff always come back and answer any questions we have asked. The room is adequate but on occasions needs to be cleaner. The food seems varied but I think plainer fair for older people would be better, i.e. stews, mince etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Likely

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

I've no complaints about the staff in the home or the staff in the office, they have been very kind to me and my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2017:

I enjoy going to see my brother in the home and also enjoy talking to the staff. They are helpful, most of the staff ask if you would like tea, I think that is very kind of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 25 Sep 2017:

We never expected our mum to live but with the care and love she received from the staff at Golfhill care home, she is doing OK.
We have ups and downs with her health but I can sleep at night knowing that the staff are excellent in their job.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your mums health has improved and that you have peace of mind knowing that she is well cared for.

My aunt was in residence at Golfhill Care Home for 18+ months until she passed away in Aug 2017 aged 91.
All of the staff on site were very good to my aunt and also when accommodating my father who visited my aunt regularly. Thanks to all involved.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jeanette Holding, Customer Service at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

With deepest condolences to the family.
Thank you for the kind words.

Lovely gardens and staff very helpful. Cinema room and a bar. You can make the environment (bedroom) as personal as you want. Feels very welcoming and lots of entertainment each month with music and acts. Near local bars and parks as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jul 2017:

My father is well looked after and had built up a great rapport with the nursing/care staff. He loves the food and loves his room and the surrounding gardens.
Extremely glad I waited to get him in this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

My father is well cared for, the carers, managers and nurses are very caring and keeping my father's dignity. He is well looked after in the unit and staff always helpful and fun. If you have a problem then it's dealt with very quickly. Staff in my dad unit are wonderful. They can't do enough for you.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2016:

The staff helped my mother to settle in quite quickly. All of the staff she has contact with appear to know her name no matter which shift is on . Laundry is turned over quickly. The room is cosy. Bed linen is changed regularly. Her key workers have a good relationship with her. My mother had to go into hospital for a short time and staff are now aware that she needs to be watched for signs of infection. I am very pleased with the standard of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 14 Nov 2016:

My friend came to Golfhill in 2012 and spent her final years in a warm and caring facility. The staff treated her with dignity at all times and it was a great relief knowing that my friend of almost 60 years had her comfort and wellbeing at the forefront of the staff in Craigpark House. I can't praise them enough. I would also like to mention the help I received from the admin staff at Golfhill.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 16 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I am happy living in Craigpark House. I love sitting with a coffee and the paper when the nurse in charge has music on in the lounge.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 01 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I like living here. My carer puts my make up on for me and does a good job. I feel safe and happy and well looked after by my carer and the team.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 08 Jun 2016:

The home is a very pleasant environment and it is all one level which is very handy for all patients. My uncle is well looked after. The staff are very caring and supportive to my uncle as well as all the family. We the family are very comfortable to know that my uncle's Alzheimer's and diabetes and other medical health is so well looked after when we are not available to visit him.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 26 May 2016:

My mother has been a resident at Golfhill Care Home for 18 months, she is very well cared for, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Not only is she cared for, but we her family, are also important to the staff. They work around us and are always very accommodating, we know every staff member, including night shift carers, nurses by name. All the staff are very good, responsive, mannerly and caring. Everyone wants to do an excellent job and are keen to achieve this with the family's co-operative.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has been in Golfhill Care Home for about 12 to 14 weeks and he has settled in well. We have seen a big improvement in him. We couldn't thank the staff any more.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2016:

Happy with my dad's care, home is excellent. He is safe and secure.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Likely

My mum has settled well since coming into Golfhill, she is always well dressed and clean , the staff are very caring and always helpful and pleasant. The seating and dining area and also the bedrooms are all kept well.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 24 May 2016:

My mum was sent to Golfhill Care Home for a four week assessment, after fracturing her pelvis as her dementia deteriorated and the care she received has been first class. The staff keep us up to date with everything that is happening to my mum and now matter how busy they are, they are always very approachable if we need to ask anything. They are always very professional no matter what time it is or how much pressure they are under. I would not hesitate to use this home for long term care for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

It was lovely to see residents in the garden enjoying time in the sun. Having lunch in the garden really did make a difference to mood and overall well being. Staff were very good and attentive. I would recommend the home to people I know.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very happy with the care given to my wife - will be back in touch over the summer. (Respite for 1 week).

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Golfhill Care Home responded to this review on 16 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Care - Excellent.
Always staff available on floor.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Can't fault anything, care excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very satisfactory, particularly with staff in Alexandra house who have been settled here for some time. A good, happy, caring atmosphere prevails. Visitors very welcomed, whatever time of day you visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Likely

My 87 year old father was admitted to Golfhill Care Home at the end of November 2015. He suffers from dementia and has had two strokes and is unable to mobilise. Since entering the care home he has been a happier and more settled person who is being well looked after in a safe and supporting environment, by staff who are caring and professional. As a family we are satisfied with the quality of care and attention he has received so far.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Good place to live once you need help, made good friends and still have family support.

How likely would you be to recommend Golfhill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is very well looked after. The staff are caring and very supportive to myself.

Submit a Review for Golfhill Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Golfhill Care Home