Greenfield Park Care Home

291 Myreside Street, Carntyne, Glasgow G32 6BX

Greenfield Park Care Home, Glasgow, Glasgow City

Located on the outskirts of Glasgow City, Greenfield Park Care Home is a modern, purpose-built 110 bedded property offering a range of care including, nursing and end of life care.

At HC-One, the experienced home manager and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do. There is a range of well-equipped bright, safe and comfortable bedrooms, many of which have views across the garden or courtyard.

Chefs at Greenfield Park pride themselves in knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs.

Person in charge: Robert Murray (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 109 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Asperger Syndrome • Autism/ASD • Cerebral Palsy • Down Syndrome • Huntington's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Schizophrenia • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke

Admission Information: Over 65 years of age. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Greenfield Park Care Home: click here

posted 31 Oct 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.7 Greenfield Park Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.687)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Greenfield Park Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 47 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Greenfield Park Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 20 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.77 for Greenfield Park Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (453 Excellents x 5) + (92 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) + (4 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 557 Ratings = 4.77

The 4.917 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Greenfield Park Care Home is based on 20 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 21.8 positive Reviews (109 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 20 Reviews ÷ 21.8 Target = 0.917

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Greenfield Park Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Greenfield Park Care Home

For 1 week my husband had to use a bed not long enough. The carers always put people's t-shirts on him, even though he had plenty of nice cotton shirts of his own, not even his cotton pyjamas. He developed a sweat rash (Urticaria) and the doctor had to treat him. He was very itchy and uncomfortable. Staff did not listen when he asked to use his own clothes, not t-shirts.

The bedroom wasn't clean, unsanitary. Pads left on the bathroom floor and food spillage on. The bedstead was never cleaned away, all the time he was in bed - he was bed bound.

How likely would you be to recommend Greenfield Park Care Home? Unlikely

Treated with Dignity: Poor

Activities: Very Poor

Rooms: Very Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Katie Price, Careline Advisor at Greenfield Park Care Home responded to this review on 13 Nov 2017:

“Our beds are of a standard size, as soon as we became aware of the need for an extension for this bed it was ordered. We now have a stock of bed extensions on site so we can access to these as and when needed.

We are sorry that you felt the standard of cleanliness was not up to our usual standard – rest assured that all bedrooms are reviewed daily by the housekeeping team and the Home Manager also carries out an additional check on a sample of bedrooms to monitor infection control and cleanliness.

Resident choice is important to us and we are sorry that you felt we did not listen or act on your concerns. The Home Manager has an open door policy and also runs a managers surgery – going forward this will enable any other relative to discuss any concerns they have with him”

Excellent care and attention to my brother, also to all my family. It made our last days with him more relaxing, and to say goodbye. We could not thank all of you enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Greenfield Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our experience is that staff are friendly and care about their patients. Activities provided are good. Only criticism would be food portions could be bigger and more thought given to patients who need softer foods due to eating difficulties. I.e more mash, as opposed to roast potatoes and pies, can be too hard on delicate gums. All in all the home is very good.

HC-One, Careline Team at Greenfield Park Care Home responded to this review on 29 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We really value the feedback provided by those who use our services
Portions are resident specific and we ask residents what size plate they would like to have their meal on. Residents are encouraged to have additional helpings at meal times.
Our chef prepares a range of meals which include texture modified diets, again these are resident specific. We will have mashed potatoes available whenever there are roast potatoes on the menu should residents wish to have these.
We also have a snack box available in each dining room which contains a range of foods that staff can offer residents should they not want a menu item, alternatively our dedicated kitchen team will prepare something from the snack menu.

The care given to my gran in her time in Greenfield Park was second to none. I could find no fault in a thing. My gran thoroughly enjoyed herself here and regularly attended daily activities. The support given to us as a family after her passing will never be forgotten. My gran was treated with utmost respect and dignity and I appreciate every member of staff that looked after her.

My dad was transferred from hospital to the Finway Unit (palliative care) of Greenfield Park Care Home. He was treated with kindness, patience, and dignity by all the staff until his death.
As a family, we went through a very sad and difficult time but the staff went out of their way day and night to try to make us a comfortable as possible. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They are an asset to their profession.

My mammy was admitted to intermediate unit, then accessed as requiring nursing care and moved into Roselea Unit. As primary carer I was distraught and I felt so guilty that I could no longer care for her. My mammy was in Roselea Unit for 16 months before she passed away on 10 July 2017.
I cannot praise the manager and his staff highly enough for the love, care, respect and compassion they gave to both my mammy and us. We were daily visitors, including a 2 and 3 year old, who quickly took over the place, running around, chatting to all. We quickly accepted all the staff as extended family and became very close to many of them.
During my mammy's last weeks, we took over a sitting room and were there 24/7. Staff were ever attentive, supportive and caring towards us.
I have fond memories of the many happy times we spent with my mammy and the staff; and am forever grateful to them all, and miss them all; and I know that the staff will miss the kids running around.

My father passed away at Greenfield Park Nursing Home on the 19th of April, after 2 1/2 years as a resident. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all nursing staff, carers and management for the care and compassion shown to my father during the time of his stay in the home.
Like many people, I had read various horror stories of the treatment of the elderly in some care homes, and it was with some apprehension that my family agreed that dad now required full-time care.

Thankfully, Greenfield Park was his salvation, and ours. When he was admitted, we felt that he might live for only a few weeks. Thanks to the care he received, he had a good quality of life for 2 1/2 years. We shall be forever grateful for this extra time with dad.

All credit management and staff also. We respect reception and admin for the most courteous and helpful manner they carried out on a daily basis. Must make a mention to all the care staff I have been in contact with who are very efficient in a very stressful and demanding job they have to deal with 24 hours.

I live in Manchester and my mum is in Glasgow at the care home. We received a call saying mum had taken a very bad turn. My brother was on holiday so I rushed up and for three nights I had a room across from my mum.
She has now taken a turn for the better.
The care she received, particularly from the nurses was outstanding. Also, the support I received was the same.
My mum has now been there for two years and she has been in palliative care - she has thrived.
The home is like a proper home, a family to her.
It is a wonderful caring environment.

Our Uncle lived at the home for the last three year's before he passed away. The staff have all been absolutely fantastic to him on the ward he was in from the nurses right down to the domestics they do a great job. I have such fond memories of the care and warmth they showed to our uncle in his last few days, the warmth and compassion everyone showed to us was amazing I feel I am going to miss going down to the nursing home to speak to such lovely people.
The staff even attended his funeral I can't thank them enough.

My cousin was admitted in February 2017.
She was in the Finlay Unit.
What a wonderful place that was.
The staff were so caring and attentive.
My cousin was very happy there.
We knew that this was going to be her last place until she passed away.
She was treated so well.
I can't thank Greenfield Park enough for what they did for her.

Provided excellent care to my ailing grandparents.

My dear friend of 35 years died in the above home a few weeks ago aged 90. She had been there for about 18 months. The home was clean and bright and staff were always friendly and helpful as were the activities staff. Food was always good. My only complaint would be staff to resident ratio as I felt sometimes that there was not enough staff to give personal care quickly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Greenfield Park Care Home? Likely

My mum had to go into intermediate care then nursing care both which are in Greenfield Park. My sister and I cared for my mother for 5 years before it became too dangerous for her to be at home. I was ill with worry at her going into a home, however, due to the superb manager and his amazing staff my fears have proved unfounded. My mum is being very well looked after and I can relax knowing she is safe and cared for by tremendous individuals.

My mum has been a resident of Greenfield Park Care Home for some time now and is very well looked after. The little personal touches that the care staff do without even realising they do it. The home is so welcoming and everyone is so pleasant, you are made to feel like one of the family.

I and the rest of my family and friends all agree that the care my Mum has received since coming in has been outstanding in every aspect. The staff are very friendly, caring and attentive in every way to my Mum and wonderful with us also. I am in no doubt that my Mum is getting the best possible care and we have peace of mind that this is definitely the case. Outstanding facility with amazing staff.

My Dad went into this wonderful care home and unfortunately, died shortly after going in. However, from the moment he went into Greenfield Park, he was treated with utmost kindness, dignity and care. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. It was a very difficult time for our family (and there are a lot of us) and the staff were amazing. All staff were a credit to their profession, making us endless cups of tea, providing blankets during the night when we were staying with Dad and the lovely words of comfort and support. I would also say that all patients seemed to be treated in the same caring manner, not just the ones with family/relatives etc. I have never seen so many happy residents and smiling staff.

We hear so much bad publicity about care homes, but I would thoroughly recommend this one.

We weren't involved in activities but the staff effort - amazing!!

I have found all of the staff absolutely faultless. We have been made so welcome and find the level of care fabulous. My Mum has settled in so well. We are so happy Mum has come here. The staff are so willing and they will help with anything you may ask. They take the time to speak with Mum and see what she needs. They give their all. Wonderful.

My mother was admitted here in April after being diagnosed with vascular dementia and remained here until her death in November. The care she received was second to none, with excellent facilities, activities, food and staff. The family had the comfort of knowing that she was in a secure and caring environment and could enjoy the time they had left with her instead of having to worry about the practical, day to day aspects of her care. She clearly enjoyed her time here and it was touching to witness the relationships built between her and both the staff and other residents in the home. She was treated with respect and dignity at all times and this was never more evident than at the end of her life when so much attention was given to her comfort and pain management. The staff were also marvellous in dealing with the family at this time - nothing was too much trouble and the supply of tea was endless. I cannot recommend this home and the people who run/work in it highly enough!

My partner's mother was admitted into the care of Greenfield Park in February this year due to failing health. I can't recommend this faculty any higher and I fully believe that she received the best care we could have wished for, they looked after her with dignity and genuine care.

The staff treated her with great kindness and could not have done any more to help us through the very difficult time of her passing, making us feel at home and as relaxed as we could be, we will be forever grateful.

Mum felt safe and secure there and comfortable with the team that cared for her over the nine months that she was admitted. Mum became part of the family at Greenfield Park.

Thank you to everyone who supported our family this year. You are the BEST! And the family will always appreciate everything that you did for them.

My mum spent the last 9 months of her life in the care of Greenfields Park Care Home in Carntyne Glasgow, where she received the best care we could have wished for, they looked after her with dignity and genuine care.

Thank you to the fantastic team of individuals in the Roselea unit and to everyone who assisted my mother whilst she was under your care.

First time visiting home, very nice atmosphere, decor lovely, no smells. Friendly staff.

My aunt has been a resident in the care home for a couple of months now and I cannot praise the staff highly enough. She is treated with respect, dignity and kindness. When visiting, we are really made to feel welcome and the staff are friendly. If our visit coincides with mealtimes, we are offered a meal and invited to eat with my aunt which is lovely as it is what we used to do when we visited at home. There are lots of activities and outings for the residents if they wish to partake in them. I would highly recommend the care home to anyone looking for care for a family member.

I wanted to write and express my opinion on the care home.
My granny became ill and was moved to the home for palliative care. As a family, we had never been in this situation before. Once my granny was settled we visited at least twice per day. Every visit we found all staff in the care home to be polite, friendly, warm and welcoming. At every visit, someone always asked if we would like drinks even though we had been shown the area to help ourselves to tea and coffee. My granny was in the home for around six weeks in this timeframe we go to know the staff well. The staff treated my granny with dignity and respect at all times. My granny turned 88 years old in June 2016 and the staff allowed us to have a family gathering to celebrate as we knew this would be her final birthday. My granny passed away in July 2016 just before she passed away the staff made her presentable and even cleaned and painted her nails, did her hair and also placed her belongings in her eye line so she could see them. On the morning my granny passed we were contacted around 4am, the family spent the next two hours by her side and given space and time. When my granny passed we informed the person assigned to look after her. A staff member and her colleague came in and took a minute to allow us to step outside. When we re-entered my granny's room they again had made her presentable and because the staff knew she was an Irish Catholic she had even placed my granny's rosary beads around her hands. This I feel was a very personal touch and very much appreciated. There is so many more occasions in this short time of being in the home but too many for me to list. The impact of the staff and even the patrons has left a huge mark on me personally never mind my family. There is no gratitude I can give which shows how I feel large enough and certainly no thanks that reflect the true appreciation I now have for this home and it's staff. We also had some people from the home attend the funeral and when we visited to hand in some things for the home we are always told not to be strangers. The staff do more than look after people they take the residents and their families to their hearts.

Mum's care has been excellent since she went into Greenfield's!

The staff treated my husband with care and dignity even though he was very challenging and sometimes very angry, they always did everything they could for him. They were always very pleasant to all his family and anyone who visited him we were always made very welcome, we cannot praise them enough or thank them for everything they have done for him as well as at the final stages of his life.

The standard of care is excellent.

The care received for my late step father was exceptional, also the care and support shown to the whole family we will be eternally grateful. The nurses and carers do a tremendous job and work tirelessly to ensure patients are cared for to the best of their ability.

Satisfactory conditions. Staff helpful, attentive and polite.

How likely would you be to recommend Greenfield Park Care Home? Likely

Very pleased with the care and attention given to my uncle. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Staff friendly and helpful, very busy kept going.

My mother has been here for one week and her care has been excellent. All staff are very caring and nothing is a problem for them, they are all very knowledgeable about the patients. I can not thank and praise them enough for the care and attention they give her.

My aunt spend the last few weeks of her life in the care of Greenfields Park Care Home in Carntyre Glasgow, where she received the best care we could have wished for, they looked after her with dignity and genuine care.

The staff treated her with great kindness and could not have done any more to help us through the very difficult time of her passing making us feel at home and as relaxed as we could be, we will be forever grateful.

My aunt was admitted for end of life care, she was treated extremely well, with lots of chat and laughter from all the staff.

They took great care of her, it felt like home, there was an atmosphere of joy, with lots of activity seemingly going around the care home.

Staff took time to speak to my aunt and treated her with the utmost dignity.

One of our best decisions was to place dad in the care of Greenfield Park. The manager and staff are very supportive and friendly and provided a great environment for dad through his illness and ultimate passing. Thank you for your sensitivity and genuine interest in maximising his well being and quality of living.

My mother was a resident in Grenfield Park before she passed away on the 22/2/16. She was only there for 6 months, during her stay she had excellent care and attention from all the staff.
We were extremely happy with her care. The staff were so caring to my mother and to all of us. I would recommend Greenfield Park to anyone who was looking for somewhere nice for a parents or relative.

Sadly, my mother was only at Greenfield Park Care Home for a short time (approximately 4 months) before she passed away. We had a great experience with the facility and staff :) She received excellent care by every staff member.

We would like to thank all of the team at the care home. They looked after our dad with great professionalism and care. The team are a credit to the care home, the nurses and authorities were courteous and so caring with my dad for his last days. Again your team are second to none. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. John and Michael.

We would like to thank all at the care home they were excellent. They looked after our dad with great professionalism and care. The team are a credit to the care home. The nurses and auxiliaries were courteous and so caring with dad for his last days, again your team are second to none. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Michael and John.

My mum seems happy at present living here, seems a friendly place to be.

As for being a carer myself, I have seen that the staff and management are very friendly and very helpful in every way. Also I have recommended to lots of friends about this care home for their families as I think everyone is treated with respect.

My mum is very happy at Greenfield Park, staff look after her very well. The home is always clean and tidy. The staff always make myself and my dad very welcome.

The staff are very helpful and attentive to mum's needs. Always a clean and tidy room. Activities are very much appreciated especially the art room mum finds very good. Also the lounge bar is truly inspired as a focal point for residents to sit, relax and enjoy each others company.

I visit the home regularly and I am very happy how they look after my sister. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The home is always clean and tidy. I have no worries about my sisters care.

My first experience with a care home and the staff made our family feel more than welcome. They helped my gran and us in everyway possible. I have never seen such dedicated staff. My family are so grateful for all their help and support we have received in such a hard time of our life.

My mother has been treated really well since being in the care home, me and my sisters can't fault anything. My mum has everything she need's and my mum is in her own comfort.

How likely would you be to recommend Greenfield Park Care Home? Likely

Mum has been treated very well, shown care and compassion. The staff are always friendly and accommodating, keep me informed and looking after not only my mum in their care but also my dad when he was experiencing ill health in April of this year.

Submit a Review for Greenfield Park Care Home

Recipient: HC-One

Recipient: HC-One

September 2013

Robert

Robert Murray

Joined: 2007

What does kindness mean to you?

“For me, kind care is about treating each person as an individual, listening to them, talking to them and involving them in their care.”

Robert is a Registered Nurse with over 15 years’ experience in providing care and support for elderly people to enrich their lives. He is a confident and innovative leader who is passionate about delivering the highest standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Having worked at Greenfield Park since he was 17 years old, Robert shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. He uses his vast experience to guide and motivate his team to deliver care and support to Residents in a way that they gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

He also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby schools and church groups and is always keen to include the local community in life at Greenfield Park.

When asked what he enjoys most about his role, Robert remarked: “I love knowing that I can make a difference to the lives of our Residents and their relatives and I enjoy the variety of my role; no two days are ever the same!”

Outside of work, Robert enjoys socialising with friends, taking his two pugs, Jimmy and Senga, for walks and reading or watching science fiction.

If you would like to find out more information about Greenfield Park, Robert has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Greenfield Park Care Home