Hatton Lea Care Home

2 Reema Road, Bellshill ML4 1RR

Hatton Lea is committed to providing quality care for short to long term requirements. Care plans are carefully tailored to suit individual needs and include dementia care, nursing, palliative, and Parkinson’s care.

Hatton Lea consists of five individual buildings, each offering various forms of expert care within comfortable surroundings. Each home provides a high standard of accommodation with spacious communal areas and pleasant bedrooms offering scenic garden views. Residents are welcome to personalise their room.

The home’s food menu takes account of personal preferences and dietary requirements, with guests welcome to join. Birthdays are celebrated with a personalised cake.

Arts and crafts, games, bingo and quizzes are all enjoyed by residents, with support for hobbies and interests being part of the home’s key philosophy of encouraging independence and individuality.

Person in charge: June Sugden (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 150 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Hatton Lea Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Hatton Lea Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hatton Lea Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.776 for Hatton Lea Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (198 Excellents x 5) + (42 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 246 Ratings = 4.776

The 4.267 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hatton Lea Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 30 positive Reviews (150 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 30 Target = 0.267

9 Hatton Lea Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (9.043) from 21 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hatton Lea Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Hatton Lea Care Home

Recently my husband became immobile and his needs have changed. There is now more requirement for staff interaction. His personal care has always been met. When myself and family visit it makes a difference to see staff members sitting with my husband. The service and care provided at Hatton Lea make it easier to deal with a difficult situation easier. We visit daily and staff are friendly and approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff in Shirrel House are extremely professional and caring and not just to the residents but also their families. Can't praise them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Room decor needs updating.

Clare Sheehan at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 25 Apr 2018:

Hatton Lea always encourage residents and relatives to give feedback, this enables us to continually improve and develop the service. We are aware that there are areas throughout the home that require upgrading and we are working with the Property Services Team and Area Director to progress this. We will be including residents and relatives choices in the planning of this.

Mossend unit and rooms badly in need of décor.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident of Hatton Lea for 16 months. Sadly she passed in January 2018. The end of life care that my mother and we as a family received from the staff on Shirrel Unit was excellent. Mum was treated with the utmost dignity and respect at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father stayed for one week's respite stay. He found every member of staff incredibly kind, helpful and supportive. Most importantly to him, they did everything they could to ensure his stay met his expectations. Ie. He received his meals in his room. He was able to get up later when he preferred to - as he is 83 - this matters.
He came home and said to my mother the staff and care could not have been bettered.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 11 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. So glad to hear that your dad enjoyed his stay with us and hopefully he will come again for a short stay with us.

Very happy with the care that my mother in law receives in Hatton Lea, especially the staff in Shirrel House. For example, it was my mother-in-laws birthday on Sunday and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a seated area for all the family to enjoy time with her and supplied a beautiful cake, just one example of the caring staff in Hatton Lea.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 31 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your mother-in-law's special day with her and enjoyed the cake, it is little things like this that make all the difference.

Fantastic, loving and very attentive staff. Very clean, great healthy and plentiful food. Very supportive and reassuring to us as a family. Plenty of activities especially music and dancing. Nothing is too much trouble.
Keeps us constantly informed of care needed. Provision of sensory room for visitors is a wonderful provision.
Feel like my mother is adopted and I am too am family here.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 18 Aug 2017:

My mother was a resident in Hatton Lea for nine weeks while my dad was hospitalised. Throughout her stay all staff from cleaning to nursing could not have supported her any better. They were excellent with all family members during visits and my mother could not have been cared for any better.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 11 May 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I am extremely happy with the care and attention my mum receives at Hatton Lea Care Home. There is a genuine feeling of her being loved and cared for and always treated with respect. There is also a real feeling of rapport and fun with the residents. As a family we found the staff very helpful and approachable and compared to previous experiences there always appears to be plenty staff on duty. Very happy with care though the home could do with a makeover.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Services Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 17 Mar 2017:

Thank you so much for sharing your kind review with us. I am so happy to hear that your Mum receives high-quality care in this home. I will pass on your lovely comments and your thoughts on the home being updated to the home manager. Thank you again, The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Hatton Lea Care Home is a very good example of how the elderly family and friends can work together for the benefit of all. The management and staff are supportive and efficient but with a level of informality, that relaxes. The domestic staff are excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

Our family have been delighted with every aspect of care provided for our mum.
She has been very happy here. I would highly recommend the facilities to other families.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 09 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

My Mum went in for respite in December. She needs 24-hour care so I decided to ask for her to be a full-time resident. I couldn't ask for a better nursing home of her. The staff are wonderful. My Mum is very happy and well cared for. I don't have to worry about her. When I visit I am always offered tea or coffee. I am kept informed on how my Mum is doing. I am delighted with my Mum's care and I am so glad she is in Hatton Lea.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 15 Feb 2017:

My mum appears to be happy and settled here. Despite her Alzheimer's she will say at times, "the girls look after me well here". The staff in the Belvedere Unit are very caring and show an interest in my Mum. They attend to her needs and when they notice her being overtired in an afternoon, the encourage her to have an afternoon nap on her bed. I can only assume she still eats well and sleeps well during the night. She certainly does not appear distressed. I also appreciate the services of the hairdresser, podiatry and even dentist as well as GP.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 09 Feb 2017:

My mum is currently in Orbiston House in Hattonlea. I can't thank the staff enough for everything that they do for her. The whole team are fantastic nothing is ever too much trouble for them.
No thanks will ever say how we feel regarding the care and support that we all receive from Orbiston House.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

My mother moved some years back to Hatton Lee Care Home from another home, the change was night and day. The staff and amenities Hatton Lee Care Home are brilliant, she passed away this month, and during the course of her end of life care the staff were helpful and understanding, I could not recommend the home more.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Outstanding transformation in my father's overall care the staff are truly magnificent. Thanks to one special carer in her care approach and all the staff. My father can be a difficult patient to deal with in terms of his dementia. Recently I have seen a great difference, last Sunday he was singing in the day room. He normally does not engage at this level I feel cognitively he has come on leaps and bounds. From the bottom of my heart thank all staff for allowing these precious moments to happen.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Friendly and caring staff who do everything they can for the residents and their families.
Plenty of activities on offer to anyone who wishes to take part.
Lovely and clean, comfortable surroundings with nice gardens to sit in when the weather is nice. The Manager and her staff should be very proud of what they do.
Belvedere House is a home from home where residents are made to feel special and part of the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we apprecaite your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Very happy with care given to my mum. Staff always helpful. Home and mums room always kept clean and tidy. Happy friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2016:

Gran is very happy in the home. Always made welcome. Room always clean and fresh.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Gran received great care at Hatton Lea. The nurses and carers are all very friendly and caring. The home and gardens are well maintained. There are many activities on in the home throughout the day including bingo, the home also arranges trips for the residents in the summer. I would not hesitate to recommend Hatton Lea to my family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Hatton Lea Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Hatton Lea Care Home responded to this review on 16 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Submit a Review for Hatton Lea Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

June

June Sugden

Joined: 2007

What does ‘kindness’ mean to you?

“To me, kind care means being respectful and empathetic to individual’s needs.”

June is a Registered Nurse with over 40 years’ of experience, 25 of which have been in providing care and support for elderly people to enrich their lives. She is a conscientious and thoughtful leader who is passionate about delivering the highest possible standards of care and quality of life for Residents.

June closely shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She extends this caring approach to her colleagues and works closely with them to deliver care and support to Residents in a way that they gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also understands how important the community is and is always keen to include the local community in life at Hatton Lea.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, June remarked:

“I love meeting the lovely Residents, their families and interacting with my colleagues.”

Outside of work, June loves spending time in her garden and at the gym.

If you would like to find out more information about Hatton Lea, June has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hatton Lea Care Home