Berehill House

Jobson Close, Newbury Road, Whitchurch RG28 7DX

Berehill House is a charming historical property that has been lovingly converted to suit the practice of modern care, offering residents with a country-house style environment in which their health, well-being and security is safeguarded.

Bright and airy interiors make for a pleasant atmosphere, ideal for residential care and respite, while the team are also skilled in the challenges of dementia care.

An active and interesting lifestyle is supported alongside professional care, incorporating cultural and spiritual activities, arts and crafts, music and movement.

Group: Hestia Care Ltd

Person in charge: Michelle Hart (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 35 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £850 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Berehill House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Berehill House: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Berehill House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 26 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Berehill House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.648 for Berehill House is calculated as follows: ( (209 Excellents x 5) + (93 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 310 Ratings = 4.648

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Berehill House is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7 positive Reviews (35 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 7 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Berehill House has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.648) from 26 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Berehill House?

Reviewer Connection to Berehill House

This is by far the best care home I have visited. It is like a home from home - staff and residents are very caring and friendly. It doesn't have the clinical feel that many care homes do. We are greeted and treated as part of the family, not as some outsiders. The care is superb and the dedication of staff second to none. Should I need a care home personally in the future, this would be my first choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Professional, caring, compassionate I felt comfortable leaving mum here each time I visited. A home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Berehill provides a secure, warm friendly environment for my mother. I take comfort that she is well provided for. Any medical issues including emergency services have been attended to very quickly. I have good communication with the team.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased that dad has found himself at Berehill House to live. I was concerned that dad was better off at home with the rest of our family but I have found my dad to be happier at the home. Berehill House has been a new start for dad, not an ending. Dad is treated well by the staff he is taken out quite often he feels part of a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Very friendly caring staff, variety of activities for residents, lovely grounds for residents to enjoy good communication with relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Berehill is the most amazing home I have ever been in. All the staff are wonderful they attend to my grandfathers every need. However, big or small. He is extremely happy here. I am very pleased with the care here.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

The care home experience at Berehill has been excellent for our mum. The staff are very kind and caring and the atmosphere relaxed and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

We have been very impressed by the care of all residents. The staff are always genuinely interested in the residents. Sitting and chatting doing their nails and showing them how to do things. We have visited at all times of the day and have always found it to be the same. A warm welcome from caring and friendly staff. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Every time that I have visited, the staff have been happy and welcoming. The display of care and affection to the residents is genuine and lovely to see. I love the fact that the staff have time to speak with the residents and time to take care of their needs.

If I call to say that I'm collecting my mother-in-law, I know that the staff will have her ready and waiting.

They all work as a team and it feels like a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Everyone at Berehill House is caring - management, carers, chef and team and cleaning and laundry staff. My cousin was treated with kindness and respect. Importantly its the same staff so faces are familiar and relationships built which is comforting to the residents and their families. It is a happy ship.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Very pleased with aspects of the care home as the team keep us informed and are caring for all aspects of my mother.

Excellent home

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Every time I visit, the staff are very welcoming, I am always asked if I want a drink.
The staff take the time to let me know how my aunt is doing and she has achieved.
The home is always clean and tidy, it feels like a home.
They have a street in the home with a bus stop and shops, this is an excellent idea!

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Staff friendly and helpful. The home was recommended to us by another family member. Staff are happy and make you feel welcome when you visit. Keep you updated when the resident is unwell.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Likely

This home is beautiful. The staff are kind, they bring me cheer.
My room is superb. I have made many friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Good service, food OK, carers good and manager is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

My mother is very happy at Berehill. I have total confidence that the staff do their utmost to achieve this outcome. Whenever there is a problem I am informed and kept up to date with any ongoing issue.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

I am writing this on behalf of my 93-year-old Mother-in-Law who has raved about the week she had spent at Berehill House. She has not stopped talking about the wonderful time she spent there and hopes to return as soon as funds allow.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Mum has been at Berehill for over a year. As I live overseas co-ordinating Mum's care could be difficult. I've been delighted by the support that I've received from staff and management at Berehill. It hasn't been difficult at all. They go out of their way to help organise things, which means a lot to me. They definitely go that extra mile both when I'm overseas and during my periodic visits. Mum was a bit underweight when she first checked in but has now regained weight under the care she's received there. Mum is treated well as are we when we visit. To my mind Berehill is about the right size, it's not so big that it has lost the personal touch while being big enough to have the right facilities for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Mum has been living in Berehill House for the past 2 1/2 years, had a lovely room and was very happy there. At the age of 94 she has been declining in health during the last few months but earlier in August when she suffered a urinary infection, she went rapidly downhill. My sister and I sat by her bedside for 6 days during which time we saw first hand how caring the staff were. They maintained her dignity at all times, kept her very clean and comfortable but never forgetting to look after us in equal fashion. They kept us fed and watered and were always there to offer advice and sympathy during this stressful time.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

The staff were brilliant, my granddad was very happy with his stay, he said the food was lovely. He liked that he could go out and sat in the garden. He had rebooked to come back to Berehill House and stay for 2 weeks in November and 2 weeks at Christmas. He liked the manager very kind and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

All the residents are treated with dignity by caring and attentive staff. When visiting you are treated in a relaxed manner, so the residents feel independent and living in 'their home'. My mother is happy and well looked after - we couldn't ask for more!

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Happy with care provided. Staff all very nice. The meals are alright. I enjoy the occasional activities provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

Suitable for my needs. Food could be a bit better. Always clean and well run. Staff always attentive and well mannered. Happy living here. Happy with all care provided. Unhappy with lift control system.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Likely

Jamie Braganza, Director at Berehill House responded to this review on 22 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review - your feedback is always appreciated. Following your review, we have made every effort to address your concerns relating to the lift control system. We have now been assured by our lift maintenance company that the lift is fully operational and there are no outstanding issues relating to this matter.

The first thing Berehill House passed with flying colours was the nose test, everywhere smelt fresh and clean. When I visit my sister there are always plenty of staff around, and they all speak to my sister and me and are welcoming and talk and laugh with us. I can't really tell how happy I am to see my sister so well and happy, it is a really good feeling.

How likely would you be to recommend Berehill House? Extremely Likely

All my contact with the staff, whether on the telephone or in person, has been excellent. My sister and her husband have been at he home for less than a month but I have no reason to think that my opinion will change.

Submit a Review for Berehill House

posted 30 Apr 2018

We have vacancies for residents at our Berehill House Care Home. Please feel free to contact us for an informal look round our homely and welcoming home and meet with our Manager and staff

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Berehill House

Michelle Hart

Job Title: Registered Manager

Joined: 2015

Michelle’s past experience is in a residential care setting for the last 13 years. Michelle has worked most jobs in this setting from a housekeeper to the deputy, and therefore feels this supports her role now as the Home Manager. Michelle has completed several NVQ’s in Health and Social Care, most recently completing a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management. She ha a real passion for maintaining dignity in care and that the residents are treated with compassion and respect. Michelle feels it is really important that the residents to enjoy their lives here at Berehill House and that they are supported to remain as independent as possible, as well as being able to express their views and choices.

In Michelle’s personal life she has a partner who she has lived with for over twenty years, have two grown up children and three cats. In her spare time she enjoys the football with her family

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Berehill House