Shinfield View, Reading, Berkshire

Shinfield View is a new-concept, purpose-built care home in Berkshire, providing spacious care facilities within a luxury environment.

A team of professional and skilled staff focus on the needs of the individual while providing high-quality care services, which include: residential care and dementia care as well as respite and day care.

The home features its own cinema room where residents can relax, a fully stocked bar/bistro, library, private dining room, spa, hairdressing salon and landscaped gardens.

Shinfield View has a full-time events manager who organises activities and events for all residents to enjoy, while the home has its own chauffeur driven limousine for use on days out and special occasions.

The pricing policy is all-inclusive - a single weekly fee covers all care, all facilities and all events. This includes the bar bistro, fine dining and entertainment.

Group: Berkley Care Group

Person in charge: Amanda Tanner (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wokingham Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 66 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £1300 – £1600 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Shinfield View to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Shinfield View: click here

9.9 Shinfield View has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.931)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Shinfield View is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 50 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Shinfield View in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.931 for Shinfield View is calculated as follows: ( (566 Excellents x 5) + (23 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 597 Ratings = 4.931

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Shinfield View is based on 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.2 positive Reviews (66 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 16 Reviews ÷ 13.2 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Shinfield View?

Reviewer Connection to Shinfield View

Visited my partner's Nan on a Sunday. I was surprised to be greeted by residents dining on the most fantastic looking Sunday lunch I had ever seen!

I was even more surprised when I was offered lunch myself at no extra cost.

When I finally looked around the facilities I could instantly see why this place appears to be so popular. It didn't feel as though I was in a care home.

Anyway, it was an incredibly enjoyable afternoon. This was in part due to the helpfulness of the staff but in many respects, it was also helped by the amazing food on offer.

I've offered to go every Sunday!

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Felt very comfortable, home is beautiful and staff were excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Came to visit my relative and I was extremely impressed with the quality of care and facilities provided by the home. The staff and management are all lovely and very attentive. Rooms are immaculate and the quality of service was beyond excellent. It was obvious that my grandmother and even ourselves as visitors did not want for anything and it was brilliant that we were welcomed to stay and eat at no extra cost. I would highly recommend Shinfield View to anyone who is looking for a professional and caring home for either themselves or a loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Amazing staff and friendly environment, nothing is too much hassle. All family made to feel welcome and there are quite a few of us at times. Made my grandparents feel as close to home as possible. Cannot recommend enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

I would like to say also since being here I've been well looked after and I enjoy the pampering by the staff, my nails and hair is all done for me and the food is excellent they are all so caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Yes, I certainly would recommend this home to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

I have enjoyed being here with my wife and our family were always welcome for dinner as well. The staff were very helpful to me. I loved all the meals and there was a lot of choices. We were asked to lots of things and enjoyed the event nights.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

I could not be more amazed by the care my nan and grandad have received. I strongly feel that the staff saved my grandad from deteriorating further. He had been massively neglected at his previous home and gave up on trying to get better. I love visiting, the staff are lovely and always there for support. Food and drinks provided any time on request.

Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

I really do not know how my dad felt about Shinfield View, due to the deterioration of his mind. I can only say that when we arrived, I had to ask for help to take his personal effects to his room. We were asked if we would like a drink, then left in his room. I then decided that no one was coming so we went to the bar and dining area. After a while, we managed to get a drink and asked if we would like lunch. I then had been with my dad for an hour and a half and when lunch came, I had been with my dad for 2 hours.

I had to eat my dinner, as I needed to go. I left my dad all alone in a strange place and no one was with him. When I did phone from holiday, no one seemed to know where he was. When I came to pick him up, I thought he had lost weight and at the very least had a haircut and had his hands and feet attended to.

I paid a lot of money for him to be looked after and I was disappointed.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Value for Money: Poor

An ideal place for elderly post-operative recovery (respite care)
I would thoroughly recommend Shinfield View, the care was excellent and environment wonderful.
My father came out of here with renewed confidence and independent spirit,
Fabulous all round.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Super quality, super care in delightful surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Once I got over the shock of being here (that took three months), this is now home for me.
I've decorated my room, wallpaper, curtains, lighting, everything and it's now my home - from a house to a room, but it is now my home!
Everything is made so easy by the staff - all my needs are seen to.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

My father-in-law went into Shinfield View in January 2017. His dementia has advanced considerably since however, his quality of life has improved so much. He is occupied and entertained every single day - he can't recall what he's been up to but when we've been there, he's really engaged with everything.
He has lovely meals which we have shared with him on occasion. The staff are wonderful, as are the surroundings. The excursions are varied and the photographs reflect the fun the resident's experience. Brilliant place to spend your autumn years.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

The carers and activities staff are lovely and helpful. The environment is attractive and welcoming. But relatives considering placing family members with dementia here need to be aware that the manager will "move you out" promptly if your relative's condition deteriorates, and this may include leaving them in hospital. This happened to my mother-in-law less than two weeks after the manager asked her to become a permanent resident so it was quite a shock to the family. This was not related to "nursing" needs either.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Management: Poor

Demi, Operations Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Any move out of a care home can be a distressing time.
As a home we do our very best to conduct a thorough assessment of anyone's needs covering as much as we can before any admission, to ensure that we can meet their needs and provide a home for life where possible.
Unfortunately, there is only so much information you can gather in one assessment and when a resident is admitted into the home it can be proven to be different.
We are pleased to say that within the whole care group this has happened only a handful of times and is not an option we consider lightly, there are procedures we have to follow and this is the last resort.
I'm sorry for the upset caused and we hope that you have found a more appropriate home.

For many months I had become concerned for my elderly father's well-being. Becoming frail and starting to be overtaken with dementia made life tough for him. For me, it was an endless cycle of concern and worry, due, in large part to his abject determination to remain at home and independent. However, a fall and a short hospital stay meant I needed to intervene for his long-term health. I visited many homes and only one made me smile with its positive impression. I arrived unannounced and during a busy time, but the staff made we welcome and took me round within 15 minutes of my arrival. This place was clearly a different prospect from all the other care homes I saw.

Shinfield View is different. Modern, clean, welcoming and with the most fantastic, positive staff. Every need is catered for - entertainment, care, food, travel.

My father now tells me is very, very happy to be a resident. He is in extremely good hands and I can sleep at night. What better accolade.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Amy Lloyd, Receptionist at Shinfield View responded to this review on 13 Mar 2017:

Thank you, Darren, for your kind words. We love having your father as a resident and we are glad he has settled in so well!

Shinefield View has been amazing! My father came here unwillingly and has been treated with care and respect, allowing him to settle in and totally change his outlook on life. The staff are all unfailingly friendly and helpful and he has enjoyed his time here. Thank you, Shinfield View.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

Thank you, Fiona, we are glad we made a difference.

My father is very happy and so well looked after. I viewed many homes in the area and so pleased that I chose this one- highly recommended *****

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

This is where my Nan, an ex-nurse, who is sadly battling her need for independence with worsening dementia, now lives. Leaving her home was difficult for her, but it was also incredibly difficult for me to leave her in someone else's care. However, after only 4 weeks, I am completely relieved and reassured because she has settled in more easily and smoothly than anticipated. When I visit, often at irregular times, I can see that the quality of the activities is high and the staff are engaging, energised and caring. There is also interesting and varied entertainment. The quality of the food is good with seafood often being on the menu options. Meeting her for lunch feels like a special experience and staff are very courteous.The standards in the home are high: it always smells fresh and all areas, including the toilets, are kept clean. I have been impressed by the management team's ability to deal with complex family politics with sensitivity and care. Great care but also lovely surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 30 Dec 2016:

Thank you. We are pleased to be able to help your Nan and yes she has settled well

Service and care has been excellent. Can't find any faults. My mum is much better now than when she went in.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 14 Sep 2016:

I am glad we have made a difference.

I stayed at Shinfield View for one week's respite. My overall experience was excellent, the level of service and care provided was above and beyond what I expected. The staff were very attentive, caring and went of their way to make me happy. Facilities were also, very good and I would recommend Shinfield View to anyone looking for 24-hour care.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 13 Sep 2016:

It was lovely having you here. You are welcome back any time.

I have found Shinfield View to be amazing. All the staff have been most helpful and will go over and above. The entertainment was marvellous with all the staff joining in. My family have been made to feel welcome as well. I may look to the future to retire here in Shinfield View. I shall certainly come for coffee mornings and other entertainment in the future as I feel I have friends here now. My short stay here in this lovely home has been really lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 31 Aug 2016:

It was great having your father here and he is always welcome anytime.

I came here just a month ago after a most unhappy experience elsewhere and found things just as I expected. From the manager down to the staff were courteous and welcoming. Everything was done with a smile, nothing was any trouble and they are all helping me with my problems 100%. The accommodation is excellent and cannot fault anything.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 22 Aug 2016:

Thank you Gladys I am glad we have been able to help you the staff will appreciate your comments.

My granddad moved to Shinfield View a month ago and I can already see an incredible difference in how he is cared for compared to where he was before. One of the best things is that there is always loads going on for the residents to interact with and families are always welcome. The food is amazing and there is a really positive atmosphere when I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your great feedback I will pass it onto the staff.

The building and furnishings give the appearance of a modern high-quality hotel. The staff at all levels could not be any more helpful, always willing to do that little bit extra. The many and varied activities keep residents entertained and involved, as well as their brains active. The all- inclusive policy is also very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 17 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Shinfield View is a beautiful residential home. It is a pleasure to visit my mother in such a light, bright and luxuriously furnished property. The food is fabulous and the chef is really friendly and interested in nutritious food. The staff and carers are wonderful and so patient with the elderly residents. The activities are fun and keep everyone included. They also have 2 levels for dementia patients, forgetfulness is one area and heavily dementia is another.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, Gemeral Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 05 Aug 2016:

We love having your mother here and I am pleased you are happy with your choice.

Extremely impressed with the facilities and the level of care that is provided at Shinfield View. My mother is settling in very well and has made lots of friends. I am so pleased and relieved that my mum is comfortable and content and enjoys all the activities that are provided at Shinfield View.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 03 Aug 2016:

We are glad your mother has settled as well and we enjoy having her here.

My Gramps finally decided that he needed some respite care and we have found this truly amazing place.

He moved in today for a couple of weeks, and the difference in him in just a couple of hours was quite remarkable.

We've not seen him smile or want to eat a proper meal for some time, and both he achieved today.
The kindness shown to him, my parents, and us (granddaughter & husband) has been just wonderful.

Shinfield View resembles a 5 star hotel rather than a care home, staff are friendly, compassionate, and treat everyone with dignity.
Rooms are like a hotel, with a wet room, lovely furniture, huge TV (which Gramps commented on!).

We as a family love him to pieces, and have been so worried about him. We feel very happy to leave him in this environment for a short while until he starts to feel better. Thank you all so much for your kindness, we can't begin to tell you how much it has meant.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 01 Aug 2016:

I'm glad we could make the difference and your Gramps is a lovely man and a pleasure to look after.

I joined my wife who has dementia (vascular/Alzheimer's) to see how she would cope with specialised residential care. This was a short 3 day taster so far she has coped with being in a separate secure unit. She relates very well to all the staff and was not distressed by my absence overnight thanks to the excellent night staff she has enjoyed the extra facilities manicure/reflexology and music/dance afternoon.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 29 Jul 2016:

Shinfield View is hugely better than any other care option I could find for my father! The building and facilities are stunning, but more importantly the staff are kind, friendly, enthusiastic and always willing to try and understand and respond to every need. The whole ethos of the home respects residents as individuals, there is a fantastic range of activities, including social evenings (to which not just residents and family, but staff and community are invited), outstanding food, plenty of drinks and snacks at any time, lots of fun and laughter, a real positive place to live and enjoy life! And a really lovely place to visit as family. Very highly recommended!

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 28 Jul 2016:

Thank you Margaret for your positive comments it's great to hear that relatives and residents are enjoying their lives at Shinfield View.

I came to look around Shinfied View just after it opened in April 2016 as I could no longer live on my own.
My overall impression was that everything was first class! It is exceptionally clean and well decorated.
The food is very good and there's always a choice.
No matter what you need or want the carers are there and do it.
The manager, is always very friendly and has done a great job selecting her staff and creating an environment you want to live in.
I have enjoyed all outings, activities and events.
We have a hair salon here that I visit weekly to have my hair done as well as having my nails painted. A lady also comes in to do reflexology which I hadn’t tried before.
The staff at Shinfield View welcome friends and family because they like having them there.
I’m lucky to have found a nice, homely, caring, place to live where I feel safe and there is help around if I need it, I’d never find anywhere better! It means I don’t have to worry as much and neither do my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 25 Jul 2016:

Thank you Kitty for your lovely review and we love having you here with us.

I feel like I am on holiday, it doesn't feel or look like a care home. The staff could not be any better. Nothing is ever too much to ask for. They are all lovely. The food is like a 5 star hotel. There is plenty of choice, and I don't feel that I am ever rushed. There is everything here that I need. I love going to the salon, the reflexology, and I love to sit in the beautiful gardens. The entertainment is first class and I sit with my friends. Most of all, and important to me, is that I feel safe here.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 05 Jul 2016:

We love having you in Shinfield View and its great to see our residents appreciating are great events.

I have been thrilled with the level of care and support my father has been provided since he moved in. There are often events and entertainment on which are very appropriate for the residents. The food is great and all the staff are very kind and nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 04 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your lovely review your remarks are greatly appreciated.

My father came to Shinfield View for four days respite in June 2016. The standard of care was excellent along with the surroundings and his room. While staying at Shinfield View my father became unwell and was taken to hospital by ambulance unfortunately he was sent to hospital alone. My father suffers with dementia and gets very confused when out of his normal surroundings so I felt it was unacceptable to send him to the hospital alone. Once the Deputy Manager came on duty and found out my father had been sent to hospital she promptly went to the hospital and spent the whole day with my father. She was very apologetic and advised us the policy is to send a carer to hospital with a resident. She could not have apologized more and despite this being upsetting for us as a family I do not think she could have done anymore. My father returned to Shinfield View and completed his stay he thoroughly enjoyed his time there.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

I am glad your father recovered and we were able to support him whilst in hospital for the day. Furthermore I am glad he enjoyed the rest of his stay.

I have now been to Shinfield View several times to visit a very dear friend. She is full of praise for this wonderful care home and extremely happy there. The staff are extremely happy, caring and efficient. The food is excellent and varied. The whole building is well planed with superb facilities including restaurants, a cinema, a bar, various recreational rooms and a hairdressers. Entertainment is first class and outings are very well organised and interesting. The lovely gardens surround a care home of "Five Star Plus" quality.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Your comments are greatly appreciated by the team I am glad you are happy with the service and care your friend has received.

Shinfield View is a truly exceptional home. My friend became a resident just a few weeks ago and sings it's praise each time I visit. The residents say all their needs are catered for, they could wish for nothing better. The staff are an incredible team, working together for the health and happiness of their residents. They are always available doing their utmost to inspire, offer support, lend an ear, they are such a happy band, even as a visitor it makes one feel happy just to be around them. In due course if I needed a care home, I would jump at the chance to become a Shinfield View resident but unfortunately it would not be financially viable for me, hence I found it difficult to tick the last box.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 21 Jun 2016:

Thank you for that lovely review its a pleasure to see you when you visit your friend.

I have been visiting mum for over two months at Shinfield View and feel the home and staff are making mums life so full and happy. The whole experience is comforting that mum is not just existing, she is thriving. This is the most amazing place. Lovely surroundings and food. The care is exceptional, so many fun events for the residents. I hope that there is space when I need to find a home!

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Elaine Knight, General Manager at Shinfield View responded to this review on 13 Jun 2016:

Thank you Deborah its a pleasure for us to have your mother here your comments are great and much appreciated by the staff

My mum has dementia and needs help, support and compassion. My sister and I looked at a number of care homes before selecting Shinfield View. Although newly opened, the staff are all experienced and we liked the 'people before profit' approach.
She has been here for 5 weeks now and I have been delighted by the care and support she has received. The quality of the environment is first class and so far the home has delivered everything they promised. The focus is on quality of life and that is extremely important.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Jenny Fuller, Operations Director at Shinfield View responded to this review on 08 Jun 2016:

Thank you for providing such a positive review and I am so pleased you feel our team are delivering the service and care at a level that meets your expectations of Shinfield View.

Shinfield View represents everything you hope a care home would be. Fabulous, caring staff who completely understand Mum's needs and strive constantly to ensure Mum is well, happy and settled. The standard and cleanliness of the rooms, furnishing and décor are superb. The menus created by the chef and his team are of the highest quality, choice and always enjoyed by Mum. There are always events and entertainment taking place which are thoughtfully organised. I cannot speak highly enough of the Manager and her team and would recommend Shinfield View without hesitation.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Than you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback.

My father-in-law was transferred from optional to Shinfield View. On arrival to the home we were made so welcome, we might as well have been royalty!
The staff went out of their way to make my father-in-law and myself welcome.
The patience, sensitivity and understanding shown by the team was excellent and continues.
At 96 years old he really doesn't want to do much any more, however he is always included and his wishes respected.
I am very happy with this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Jenny Fuller, Operations Director at Shinfield View responded to this review on 02 Jun 2016:

We are so pleased that you feel happy with the care our team provide and give to your loved one. Thank you so much for taking the time in providing us with such positive feed back.

We have never known such a well equipped, furnished and welcoming place. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, and the overall attitude to residents and visitors is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your very positive feed back

Stay was very enjoyable, staff were excellent, helpful and pleasant at all times. The food was of a high standard, pleasantly displayed and tasty. Drinks were easily available and varied. The bed was comfortable and the decor of the home very tasteful. Many things to praise and nothing to mark down.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Jenny Fuller, Operations Director at Shinfield View responded to this review on 01 Jun 2016:

All our staff work very hard and I am so pleased you are happy with all parts of the environment and service that we offer.

The home is exceptional in every way. The rooms and all the communal areas are tastefully decorated and beautifully clean. All the staff are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble for them. I feel very happy to leave my mum after visiting knowing she is well looked after and cared for. I would not hesitate to recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

The premises are immaculate with great patient care. Staff are extremely helpful and show a great level of care for the residents. Accommodation is superb with good sized rooms and the food served is exceptional.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Jenny Fuller, Operations Director at Shinfield View responded to this review on 31 May 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the time in providing this very positive feedback.

Residents and guests are made to feel very welcome. Accommodation is of a high quality as are staff, food and entertainment for residents. Family and friends are encouraged to join residents for meals, drinks and entertainment, all at no additional cost. Would thoroughly recommend Shinfield View for respite and full residency care.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking the time in providing this feedback. We are extremely pleased that you note the excellent care, food and you are enjoying what we have to offer as well as your loved one.

We found Shinfield View 4 days after it opened. My nan had been in hospital for 2.5 months and was being discharged. Nan no longer could live alone after her stroke. We had viewed a number of care homes and Shinfield View was by far the best. Obviously it is brand new but it is decorated tastefully. The communal areas and bedrooms are light and spacious. It is extremely clean which is something nan values. All the staff are wonderful with nan and treat her with respect and care. They are also great with the family at a hard time.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Jennifer Fuller, Operations Director at Shinfield View responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

We are oh so aware that leaving your loved one with us is a very hard thing to do and we are so proud that your experience has been a good one and that you all are made so welcome. Thank you for your kind comments.

Looking for a care home for a loved one is a very emotional process. As soon as we stepped into Shinfield View we were greeted by the manager and several staff, who made us feel very welcome. The building is light, luxuriously furnished and decorated with a number of communal areas which are delightful. The manager showed us around and was justly proud of her wonderful home. The home offers a number of facilities for the comfort, enjoyment and enrichment of residents and their families. Just a few days after entering the home, mum celebrated her 88th birthday and we were able to have a wonderful lunch with her. I know this meant a lot to mum. I certainly feel confident that mum is in a safe caring environment, where the staff do everything they can, to make the residents comfortable and safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Jenny Fuller, Operations Director at Shinfield View responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

Your comments truly reflect what we aim to achieve, so thank you for taking the time in providing us with your feed back.

My wife and I have been fortunate enough to have travelled quite widely and to have stayed in fine hotels in various parts of the world. Shinfield View is not a hotel of course, it is more than that. It is a care home in fine luxury and a most beautifully decorated, modern building. The standard of care that they provide is first class. The cuisine it offers is excellent. The real jewel in it's crown is however the staff. Without exception, every member of the team that we have met has been most welcoming, courteous, kind and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your kind feed back. I am so pleased that you not only enjoy the environment that Shinfield View has to offer, but our wonderful team of staff who without we could not provide the care and service we do.

The home is luxurious with good facilities and you can dine with your relatives free of charge and even get a complimentary glass of wine.
They are making a big effort to make you feel welcome even having social events to entertain guests and their relatives and friends.
I cannot make any negative comments.

I hope they keep up the good work.
Also the visitors car park is good and the place does not feel like an institution.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Jenny Fuller, Operations Director at Shinfield View responded to this review on 12 May 2016:

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback. Our aim is to give residents, their family and friends a varied entertainment schedule with the facilities that encourage people to want to stay with us and visit longer.

We feel that having family and friends around us is what gives us a sense happiness in life. Having the Bistro, cinema, private dining facilities and the events that we do all free of charge to friends and family and all-inclusive to the residents, assists us in ensuring we are a place that people want go, use the facilities we have and spend time with their loved ones.

I want to come back. The care and support can't be faulted. Given the choice between here and a five star hotel I would choose here. Reassuring to see someone you care for being so well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Jenny Fuller, Operations Director at Shinfield View responded to this review on 26 Apr 2016:

Thank you for taking time in submitting this review, it is extremely important that we are able to measure the service we are providing through reviews like yours.

Shinfield View has only just opened but I have no doubt they will be full in no time. So warm and welcoming. I was looking for respite care for my mother and they have gone out of their way to help.
The home is beautiful with wonderful rooms and tasteful decorations and friendly staff.
The thing that struck me most of all was the respect shown to people, both visitors and the residents.
I have visited several homes in my quest for respite and the standards vary so much, Shinfield View is the best by far!

How likely would you be to recommend Shinfield View? Extremely Likely

Jennifer Fuller, Operations Director at Shinfield View responded to this review on 14 Apr 2016:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so pleased you feel our team have made you welcome, because it's important that not just the people who live with us but their friends and family feel at home.

Submit a Review for Shinfield View

Amanda

Amanda Tanner

Joined: 2016

I have worked in health and social care for the past 7 years, I began my career as a Care Assistant and have made my way up to Manager. My passion lies with activities and ensuring our residents lead an active and purposeful life.

Shinfield View is sociable, and amazingly is the centre of a large part of our local community, I love how involved we are. It is very important to me that all of our team are recruited for their values, and we are one big happy family. I am proud of our home, and our team.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Shinfield View