Stockmoor Lodge

1 Nokoto Drive, Bridgwater TA6 6WT

Opened in March 2017, Stockmoor Lodge is a purpose-built home providing residential, nursing, and dementia care, located in Bridgwater.

The home comes complete with a hairdressing salon and coffee lounge on-site and offers a varied programme of daytime activities for residents and day care visitors.

The home is staffed by a team of trained and qualified nurses and experienced health care assistants. Meals are prepared daily on-site by a dedicated kitchen team.

The bedrooms at Stockmoor Lodge are bright, spacious and en-suite, and although furnished, residents are welcome to bring their own furniture if they so choose. Accommodation is situated over three floors, accessible by lift, with views of the Sedgemoor countryside.

A renowned interior designer has combined practical features with colourful, eye-catching detail to create an environment which is understanding of the needs of those living with dementia. She works closely with the dementia services development centre at the University of Stirling and is Chairman of the SBID Healthcare Design Advisory Council.

Group: Somerset Care

Person in charge: Barbara Lee (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 90 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £850 Nursing Care Single up to £1300 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Stockmoor Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Stockmoor Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Stockmoor Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Stockmoor Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.901 for Stockmoor Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (128 Excellents x 5) + (12 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 141 Ratings = 4.901

The 4.611 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Stockmoor Lodge is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 18 positive Reviews (90 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 18 Target = 0.611

9.5 Stockmoor Lodge has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.512) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Stockmoor Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Stockmoor Lodge

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

The lodge is clean, decorated beautifully and the staff are kind and attentive. There is always a happy vibe. having had a meal with my dad here we know that the food is lovely - very tasty. No wonder he enjoys it so much!

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

Mum went to Stockmoor Lodge for End of Life care. Sadly she was only there for a couple of days. However, the care, respect and dignity she was shown was all we wished for her in her final days.
The staff were amazing. My brother and I don't know where to start to thank you for everything you did, from the assessment which took place in the hospital to her final moments. Thank you and God Bless.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

When I visit my grandmother 2 or 3 times a week, staff are always welcoming, pleasant and very helpful. The home itself is kept up to a clean and tidy standard at all times and when any assistance is needed, staff are very helpful. The manager herself is always nice and welcoming also and nice that someone high up has time to chat to me and other relatives. Would highly recommend sending a friend or relative here to stay 5-star.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

Communication between staff isn't always good. The home is very good.
Feel that there should be more (care staff). Manager is very good. Always willing to help and listen. Food sometimes is bad as mum doesn't like some things ie gammon. This has been replaced with chicken.
Care staff is very carring and willing to help. Mum is very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Likely

From the moment I contacted Stockmoor Lodge they were brilliant. They made the transition for my mother to go into residential care easy and seamless. I am sure I asked loads of obvious questions however, they completely reassured me and educated me in the world of Adult social care!
The transition was handled brilliantly and now that my mother is settled into Stockmoor Lodge I have never seen her happier. The level of care and attention is outstanding not to mention the fabulous food!

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

We knew we were going to have to find somewhere for our parents to be cared for. It happened more suddenly than we had hoped but Dad seemed to relax very quickly and all the worry disappeared from his face. Mum has different needs to Dad and still has difficulty accepting that she has to be cared for, but sometimes believes she is at home. Dad needed a spell in hospital; when he was admitted to the ward he said to me "I want to go home"-he was referring to Stockmoor Lodge. I was sure then we had made the right choice.

Although their rooms are on different floors because of their differing needs, they are able to spend lots of time together and the carers on both floors treat them with genuine care and concern and are very kind. I am able to go to work and not worry about the pickle they might be getting in and be reassured they are having the best care they could in a lovely environment with very kind people. I feel at home when I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

This home gives outstanding loving care to the residents. My mother has gained in strength and confidence since she came to Stockmoor Lodge to recuperate after breaking her leg, and that is down to a very high level of care given by an amazing staff. They are cheerful, kind and funny and very caring doing their best to cater to the individual needs of each resident. There is a very happy atmosphere at Stockmoor Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

Mum (93) came to Stockmoor Lodge for respite after breaking her hip. This is the first time we have needed to entrust her care to others and given her vulnerability, I was naturally nervous.
From our very first meeting the Manager of Stockmoor instilled in Mum and me a feeling of confidence that she would be treated with skill, respect and kindness. This attitude is upheld by every single member of the staff. Mum feels amongst friends who care for her with the utmost warmth and consideration.
As a new build Stockmoor Lodge is exceptionally well equipped and scrupulously clean. The food is cooked on site and is just the sort of lovely home cooking Mum enjoys.
I am an avid observer of everything and I have seen only the highest level of care and the most touching examples of kindness ranging from a squeeze of the hand, to a hug, to a plate of cakes with a note and smiley face waiting for us today on our return from a hospital visit.
Stockmoor Lodge receives my highest recommendation.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mum has been diagnosed with dementia after having memory loss for a few years now. This home is like a hotel. The staff are like family. I have not seen Mum smile so much for years. She loves it there. The care staff are angels. Mum is in the Quantock Ward which I believe is all dementia patients. I can't say enough good about this care home. Every single one of the carers are so friendly and always offer me a coffee when I visit Mum.
The home is kept to a very high standard and the manager is always there if you need a chat. Dealing with your loved ones with dementia is hard enough but as soon as you walk into this home the environment relaxes you. This is I would say the best possible home I could have chosen for Mum. Her room is lovely. She has her own french doors with table and chairs so she can sit outside if she wants to. It is very secure with fencing all around. The gardens are beautiful and have a cabin that we can go and sit in, in the fine weather.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

What a wonderful place. My husband is in end of life situation and is so well looked after as am I.
All the staff are so attentive and give my husband all the help he needs.
It is a lovely home with all mod cons and lovely lounges which is great for visitors.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

Finding a suitable care home for my mother has been very stressful. She has Dementia mixed with some Alzheimers so the need to find the 'right' home was even more important.

I visited many homes in my locality but knew Stockmoor Lodge was the 'one' straight away.
Not only is it a new build, beautifully decorated and presented, but it is well planned and organised so that it provides a homely environment. The most important factor though is the generous and kind nature of the staff working there.

Everyone from the managment, nursing, care staff, laundry and catering staff have been welcoming and supportive in helping my mum settle into her new home.
Initially, my mum went for a taster day - she had a lovely time, lots going on and plenty of company. She has now been at Stockmoor Lodge for 7 weeks.
She's enjoying her food and has infact, gained weight since being there! Brilliant!

She participates regularly in the activity sessions, which are fun and well varied.
I am delighted with the choice I made, I am kept well informed and up to date with the care my mum is given. Most importantly my mum is happy and well cared for 24 hours a day. Thanks to all staff at Stockmoor Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockmoor Lodge? Extremely Likely

We had been providing 24 hour care for our mum as she had recently become too ill to look after herself as her dementia had suddenly worsened, we were really struggling and in desperate need of help as the social care system would not work quickly enough.
I contacted Stockmore Lodge after being recommended by a mental health worker and explained the situation to them and I have to say they were magnificent. Within 3 hours of my initial call, we were able to take Mum to see if she liked it and to be assessed, Mum was able to stay there and then which was incredible at such short notice.
The care home itself is beautiful, modern with private facilities in the rooms, it is just like a 5 star hotel. We know Mums every need is being taken care of which is such a relief to us all.
All of the staff are friendly and very caring. They treat their residents with dignity and respect at all times. I would recommend this care home to anyone who wants the best for their loved ones.

Submit a Review for Stockmoor Lodge

posted 17 May 2018

Stockmoor Lodge is a new development in Bridgwater. It has nursing, residential and Dementia beds available.

Recipient: Somerset Care

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Stockmoor Lodge