Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing

Park Road, Camberley GU15 2LN

Kingsclear is a luxury care home providing residential, nursing and dementia care including trial stays, short stay and convalescent care, as well as long-term care.

Opened in September 2017, Kingsclear has been chosen to provide maximum comfort and well being for residents in a comfortable environment where the highest standard of care can be given.

Kingsclear's team is devoted to helping people live fulfilling lives and maintaining their independence, with the freedom to spend each day as they choose.

Why choose Kingsclear?

Beautiful purpose built home, set in its own grounds surrounded by mature woodland, newly planted gardens and birdsong.

As part of the Caring Homes Group, Kingsclear embodies over two decades of experience in delivering high quality, dignified and respectful personalised care.

Facilities include a bistro, hair salon, activity room, cinema and private dining room which can be enjoyed by residents and their visitors at any time.

Each of the bedrooms is individual, yet residents can also personalise their room.

The care home has good links with the local community and residents regularly enjoy the many amenities Camberley has to offer.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Bernie Boyle (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 97 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Our open visiting policy helps residents and loved ones share visits at the times that are most convenient for them.

Onsite parking is available

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.0 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.875 for Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing is calculated as follows: ( (43 Excellents x 5) + (4 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 48 Ratings = 4.875

The 3.956 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 19.4 positive Reviews (97 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 19.4 Target = 0.206

8.8 Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.831) from 4 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing?

Reviewer Connection to Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing

We were here three weeks for respite which was enjoyable and beneficial.
The staff were kind, courteous and helpful. The facilities and decor were excellent and the room spacious.
The system of serving food from the kitchen to the ground floor could be improved. Hopefully, the activities will be more frequent and varied in the future.
The grounds are well laid out and the seating arrangements for outside are excellent. We highly recommend Kingsclear.

How likely would you be to recommend Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing? Extremely Likely

Diane Stone, Home Manager at Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing responded to this review on 29 Jan 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to review Kingsclear, we really appreciate your feedback. At Kingsclear we take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities and we are very pleased that you have such a positive impression of our home, team and the high-quality care they provide. We are happy to report that we have now reviewed our process for serving food to ensure that our high standards of service can be properly maintained at all times.
We believe it’s important to provide regular events and activities; both group and individual throughout the week as we are committed to creating an environment where our residents enjoy a varied, active and contented life. We are working hard to provide an engaging calendar of daily events and activities (smaller group activities and one-to-one) for our residents and tailor them to the needs and likes of the individual.
We always welcome the opportunity to improve and thank you for sharing your suggestions with us.

On entering Kingsclear the atmosphere is very welcoming with staff who are always willing to help. My parents are staying here for three weeks respite care and they have found the home's entertainment wonderful. They have been treated with respect, warmth and dignity. The rooms are airy, spacious and very clean. The food is very good and nothing has been too much trouble. The home's manager is always willing to listen and chat to relatives but she will always get involved and be willing to take on any task within the home if it becomes necessary. This all adds up to a very happy environment and a caring home.

I moved my dad to Kingsclear in November 2017. From the day he arrived, the staff were genuinely interested in getting to know him and his personal likes and dislikes. All of the staff have a welcoming and friendly approach to not only to my dad, but to myself and my mother when we visit. The home itself is in gorgeous surroundings and the rooms are clean and safe. The catering is of an exceptionally high standard with lots of variety and my dad is able to get something to eat at any time. There is always a nurse on duty and the doctor calls regularly. If I have any concerns or queries the staff are always happy to help or get back to me when they have further information.

I knew I made the right decision to move my dad to Kingsclear when I was able to drive away in my car after a visit and have no worries or concerns that he will be well looked after until my next visit.

My dad tells me he is living in a luxury mansion... I think he may be right!!! Thank you to all the staff.

Kingsclear has far exceeded my expectations.
It is the most caring and comfortable home.
The whole family has been welcomed and made to feel at home and cared for in every way.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.
They have achieved the right level of professionalism combined with empathy, expertise and friendliness.
The standard in all areas is exceptional.

Diane Stone, Home Manager at Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing responded to this review on 21 Dec 2017:

I would like to sincerely thank you for the beautiful comments from the whole team at Kingsclear. We really appreciate your feedback and we take great pride in listening to our residents, relatives and friends and ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities. We are very pleased that you have a positive impression of our team and the high-quality care they provide and we hope that you will continue to share your suggestions with us in the home in future.

Submit a Review for Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing

posted 08 May 2018

Welcome to our new luxury care home.For the latest information about current bed vacancies please call 0808 223 5516 or email enquiries@caringhomes.org at Kingsclear.

December 2016

Bernie Boyle

I lead my professional Care Team in delivering the highest level of care and support for our residents.

My commitment to professional development has equipped me well for my role here, where I work hard to ensure that those in my care lead happy and fulfilling lives, whilst maintaining choice over the care and support they receive.

I believe in maintaining strong relationships with residents and their relatives and understand the important contribution that these relationships make to the successful running of a care home.

I feel that the Caring Homes philosophy matches up well with my own beliefs on care provision, and I am committed to ensuring that all our residents continue to receive the high levels of care and protection they deserve.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kingsclear Care Home with Nursing