Mulberry Court

105 Watermead Road, Luton LU3 2TF

Mulberry Court is a new care development from Runwood Homes that has been purposely-designed to provide high-quality dementia care.

The home makes a significant contribution to care in the Luton area, with an eighty-three person capacity and the use of modern equipment and healthcare expertise.

Securing quality of life for residents is the utmost aim of the service, in pursuit of which individual wishes, of residents and their families, are taken onboard.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Karen Salter (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Luton Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 84 Service Users

Admission Information: Ages from 50 to 100.

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mulberry Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Mulberry Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 35 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mulberry Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.658 for Mulberry Court is calculated as follows: ( (297 Excellents x 5) + (105 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 418 Ratings = 4.658

The 4.595 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mulberry Court is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16.8 positive Reviews (84 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 16.8 Target = 0.595

9.3 Mulberry Court has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.253) from 35 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mulberry Court?

Reviewer Connection to Mulberry Court

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

I visit the home 4 - 5 times a week to visit my Husband and am always welcomed by the staff on my Husbands floor and other staff at the home who assist his care and management of the care home. Overall I think the care home is well run and very clean with staff ensuring the homes communal area's and rooms are cleaned daily. I would certainly recommend Mulberry Court Care Home to anyone that has to make the sad and hard decision to put their loved one in a residential care home. The residents are kept hydrated and meals are nutritious and plentiful.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

As this was my first experience of having to request and take up 2 weeks respite for my husband; it was gratefully helpful that the process was undertaken with care and consideration. My own health is not good and I will now be reassured that any future stays (respite and longer term) will accomplish with kindness and dignity for him and myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Likely

My mum came to Mulberry Court following a number of weeks in hospital after a bad fall in her garden. We had no idea what to expect and I was probably more upset and uncomfortable than her. However, she has settled in well and likes all her carers and helpers and the other residents. Mum says the food is very good, her room is lovely and frequently cleaned and she enjoys the outings, as she has always been a very sociable person.
Mum now feels safe and secure and very well looked after. I also now feel so happy for her that she has found a lovely, caring environment in which to enjoy herself. Thank you to all those at Mulberry Court for your support and help over the last couple of months. It has been a pleasure for me to deal with you all too. I think Mulberry Court is much more than the sum of its parts, the atmosphere is so welcoming and there's a general feeling of wanting to make residents comfortable and happy, which you seem to have done with mum!

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My wife has been at Mulberry Court for nearly three years and since day one the staff and management have been fantastic. You are always greeted with a warm and friendly welcome by everyone. You are always informed as to her wellbeing during the time between visits and her personal care is first class. It takes a lot of the pressure off myself and my family to know she is being cared for in such a thoughtful, professional manner. Cheers to everyone at Mulberry Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My husband has been here for nearly four years and I am more than happy with the care and support he receives. The staff are wonderful and take excellent care of him and will discuss any concerns they have with me and vice versa. I would happily recommend this home to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident for approx 3 years and I have always felt that he has always had a very high level of care.
The staff are very warm and welcoming to family members when visiting and residents are all treated with respect and also in a friendly manner.
I am very grateful for the level of care given.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Dad's been a resident for nearly four years now and despite his deterioration, he seems happy, always looks clean and groomed and generally appears well. The staff are happy to discuss anything to do with his health and care and regularly review his plan with mum and I. We are always made to feel welcome when we visit and feel part of a large family.

The home itself has a programme of indoor and outdoor activities and day trips all year round. The manager and her staff listen to any concerns we may have and will do their utmost to resolve any issue we may raise.

We looked at several care homes before deciding on Mulberry Court and we are very pleased with our choice and have no hesitation recommending it to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My aunt stayed here for a period of respite whilst I had a much-needed break. She was in safe hands. Mulberry Court has wonderful staff who do a great job. The food was lovely. My aunt even gained a bit of weight! The home is modern, bright and airy and feels homely and welcoming from the minute you walk in the door. My aunt even managed to get to the pub for lunch one day and a trip to a garden centre. The gardens are large with plenty of seating. Thank you all for taking care of her.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My mum has lived at Mulberry Court for 2 1/2 years and the change in her is all for the better. She is eating regularly now, whereas when she was at her house that had fallen by the wayside, as it was always "I've eaten" when you knew that she hadn't.

She is always eager to show her room to others and says I think I have the best room here. There is always some trip or other going on to which I sign her up for everything then she either goes or she doesn't, it is always her choice !!! Mulberry Court has a lovely family friendly feel about it and the staff who work there must have the patience of saints because as with all people who have dementia, they can be very temperamental at times. A good support network, with caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Likely

I find Mulberry Court very nice place to stay long term. Staff is very helpful and treat residents (most of them suffering from dementia) with dignity.
Personal hygiene care is excellent.
The atmosphere is family-like, very warm. Food is excellent quality, portions very generous. Residents are given choices of menu. Additional drinks coffee, tea, soft drinks served throughout the day and evening. Activities offered. Felt like heaven.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

I have always found the staff at Mulberry Court, Luton to be helpful. They are happy to chat to residents and do their best to keep them happy. The building is very clean, the garden accessible, although more plants would help. Laundry service is good as are the meals.
I am confident that my mum is being cared for and entertained. Office staff are friendly - I can't fault it.
My only criticism is, more garden plants, monitor the heat during the summer as rooms can become a bit too warm.
I'm really grateful to have found Mulberry Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Mulberry Court provides and amazing service for my father. It feels like home and he is so happy living there. The staff are so happy and friendly and helpful. The food choices are great and always plenty of food. The number of weekly outings is great and the variety means he gets lots of experiences and social activities to help stimulate his brain. Mulberry Court is very clean and tidy. We are so happy we found Mulberry Court for our dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Having my mother who is suffering from dementia residing at Mulberry Court, Luton has relieved the stress of coping with my mother's condition. It was very painful to have my mother admitted to a care home but with Mulberry Court looking after her, I am delighted with the care and attention she is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

I stayed at the above home for 18 days as a respite resident during my wife's trips to East Africa. This was my second stay at the home for a similar reason (holiday with the family). I have a mobility problem and use two crutches plus have frozen shoulders with limited use. I insisted on having a shower myself but help was available if needed. There were carers in the dining room during meals if cutting was required due to my shoulders disability. The carers were friendly and helpful when we sat in the lounge asking if anything was needed and in general, this caring attitude was shown throughout my stay. The canopy/extension allowed me to sit outside as the weather was quite good at the time.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My husband has settled in Mulberry Court very well. He is well looked after and the staff are all very good. The home is lovely and everyone is very helpful and friendly. My husband loves the food and all the activities too.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My Mum is very happy at Mulberry Court and the staff are all amazing. Thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

I am writing this on behalf of my mother who has had several weeks for respite. She had a lovely stay each time. The staff came across as being caring and attentive. My mum felt comfortable. She is quite happy to return anytime as needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My father transferred to Luton from another home, this was made stress free thanks to the management and staff at Mulberry Court. Any questions or requests that dad or I had were dealt with immediately. He needed new glasses and this was arranged with the opticians. So quickly!
Dad said he has settled in well and it was a good move for him to be nearer us as a family. Dad said he loves the activities in-house and all the many trips he goes on - his favourite so far has been the Southend-on-sea day trip, the RAF museum, Wrest park and the many pub trips too! In my opinion, dad and I would recommend Mulberry Court to anyone. Keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My Mother stayed in this care home while I went away on holiday. We researched a few and found that this home had a good activity list, with outings out a couple of times a week, plus in-house Bingo and other things.

On my return, I learnt that few activities actually took place, and even the in-house ones were a bit hit and miss - especially when they didn't bother to go to her room to collect her to take part. This happened on 2 occasions and my Mother was really disappointed. I felt bad enough about putting her in a nursing home while I went on holiday, but then to return to her telling me she hadn't had an enjoyable time did not help. Fortunately, my sister lived quite local to the home and popped in regularly otherwise my Mother would not have done much at all.

On a plus she had a nice large room which was bright and cheerful - she said the food was also good.

I just want the home to address the above criticism and explain to me what went wrong with the activity manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Unlikely

My mother was at Mulberry Court for three years. I visited 3 times each week for two hours each time, so had a good insight to how things were. Most importantly, all the carers were kind. The food was really lovely, all mode made by the chef, who had many certificates and trophies. Mums' room and bathroom were really nice and always clean. A modern building with underfloor heating, always hot in the winter. People with dementia would wander in the wrong rooms, but I expect that happens everywhere. The people working there were all kind and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Very pleased with the care provided to my mum since December 2010.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Mulberry Court provides care and support to vulnerable residents suffering from dementia. This challenging task is handled with professionalism, but also with tenderness and consideration. In my experience, the staff have consistently met my expectations and I am pleased with my mother's care, as is she from what I can gather. It gives me great comfort to know that Mum's well-being is paramount.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

A wonderful home from home residential care home. The staff are very welcoming and my mother is very well looked after and happy at Mulberry Court care home.
The catering provision is very good. The laundry service is excellent and the decor and home environment is beautifully cleaned and looks good too. Thank you Mulberry Court for the brilliant work that you all do. Mum is very happy and so are we.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Staff very helpful. Clean and tidy and the food is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My mother moved here a few months ago. She has settled very well and it has relieved us of a lot of stress and worry. All the staff are very helpful the management team and all the staff are always approachable. The home is very welcoming, clean and a lovely bright environment. Would definitely recommend Mulberry to anyone who was in our situation.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My aunt moved here after a 4-month stay in hospital it is wonderful and she is so happy. The home is very clean, the food is lovely and lots of activities going on. The staff all work very hard and it shows as the home is very well managed and maintained. I went to visit a few homes in the area and most say Mulberry Court stood out for it tick all the boxes and my aunt is so happy and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

The best care home I have visited, it's so clean and tidy. Care is good and dad loves the food. I was worried when told he had to go in a home at 92 but he is in very good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Likely

Staff are caring, helpful and friendly, We have no complaints - my mother is well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Total confidence in the care my aunt is receiving at Mulberry Court in Luton.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

I am completely happy with the care my father receives. Everyone is helpful, friendly and kind to me and my father. If I have any concerns or need help of any kind they are there with reassurance and advice. The administration staff and activities staff are an asset to Runwood.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

The staff are very friendly and always answer any questions. I have no concern regarding my family member being there as my mother-in-law has been there for over 4 years and the care is excellent. I have visited at all different times of the day with no complaints as my mum has only been there for a few months.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

The care home takes care of the important things as regards my elderly Alzheimer mother, giving me peace of mind that she is looked after and in a safer environment than living alone.
The care home has good policies in place for the safety of its residents.
There were occasions when staff went out of their way to assist my mother.
Thank you, Mulberry Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Likely

Mulberry court is a purpose built care home of over 80 rooms on three floors. The individual rooms are practical and comfortable. The top floor in particular gets extremely hot at times but mobile air con units have been provided in the lounges this year. The staff are friendly and after three years of visiting are very welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My father has been in Mulberry Court since April 2015, the staff are fantastic and very helpful. My father is well looked after and treated with respect. The home is like being home from home and I cannot thank the staff enough for the love and support they give my father.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

We were choosing a home for respite for dad in a bit of a rush due to his wife needing convalescence after being in hospital. We had 2 recommendations for Mulberry Court from hospital and care workers but the proof was in the pudding!
At all times we found staff attentive and helpful and genuinely interested in dad and his circumstances. The home is big but there was a homely atmosphere on his floor (Blueberry suite) and he had a good sized bright and airy room. Dad was pleased with the food and choices of meals and I liked the fact that tea was served in an informal way in the main lounge. It was an easy place to visit - either privately in dad's room or joining in with other families in the main lounge or downstairs in a quiet room where you could make your own tea and coffee(this was a really good idea).
We live a good way from Luton so we were pleased to hear reports from staff that he was settling in and enjoying some of the regular outings (the frequency and availability of outings was very impressive).
Dad was also well supported by staff when his wife suddenly died. And when we came down for the funeral so were we. We got help and advice so that dad could manage and this then extended to when we were moving dad up to live near us.
The Manager and staff could not have been more helpful at a time when everything seemed a bit of an ordeal. We did not even have to pack up dad's things!
So thanks goes to the Manager and all the staff we met during dad's 3 months at Mulberry Court.

I did not wish to fill in the value for money box as I feel people deserve good homes like this irrespective of their ability to pay and you can't put a price on good care.

Submit a Review for Mulberry Court

Recipient: Runwood Homes Ltd

Recipient: Runwood Homes Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mulberry Court