Heather Grange

Queen's Road, Burnley BB10 1XX

Heather Grange aims to provide unrivalled facilities within luxurious surroundings. A wide range of activities is provided to ensure that social stimulation and social interaction remain part of a person's everyday life.

Purpose built in 2010 with full en-suite facilities, coffee shop, hairdresser's, landscaped gardens and patio areas, Heather Grange offers general residential and residential dementia care.

Group: MHA

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 70 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Ample parking available in the grounds

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Heather Grange: click here

Overview of Review Score

The Review Score of 9.8 out of 10 for Heather Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 36 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Heather Grange in Google's Search Results – more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 24 months.

Detailed Breakdown of Review Score

The Average Rating of 4.812 for Heather Grange is calculated as follows: ( (355 Excellents x 5) + (69 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 430 Ratings = 4.812

• b) 5 Points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 24 months. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. A Positive Review is defined as any Review with 'Extremely Likely' or 'Likely' in answer to the question 'How likely are you to recommend this care provider to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?'

1. 4 points are available for the first 5 Positive Reviews; 3.00 points for the first Positive Review, and then 0.25 Points for each of the next 4 Positive Reviews.

3. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. The calculation is the same as above, except the points are divided by 2.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Heather Grange is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3.00 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4

2. Target of 14 positive Reviews (70 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 14 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Heather Grange has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.812) out of 10 and an Average Rating of 4.8 out of 5 from 36 Reviews over all time

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Heather Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Heather Grange

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

The staff are brilliant with my mum. They always make sure they take her out of her room and keep her entertained. There’s plenty going on and the staff give her the attention she needs. My mum loves the meals and snacks. The staff are very caring and approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Emma Bingham, Home Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 12 Nov 2018:

Thank you for your lovely comments. I will pass these onto the staff.

My step-father recently passed away in Heather Grange.
The nursing care he received in his later stages was second to none. He was so looked after.

The staff both days and nights showed lots of compassion and his dignity was paramount.
The pastor offered us, as a family, full pastoral care and also took part in his funeral with compassion and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Emma Bingham, Home Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 02 Oct 2018:

It was always a pleasure to look after your Dad and we appreciate your kind comments about Heather Grange. We are glad that you found our pastoral care a help; we will ensure all of our staff are praised for the compassion and dignity they showed - thank you.

My mother has been a resident since February 2017. She receives excellent care both physically, mentally and encouraged to participate in activities.
The staff are welcoming from front office to housekeeping etc.
The pastor for Heather Grange is very supportive not only to residents but also families.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your kind words and gratitude, they are very much appreciated by us all. It is our absolute pleasure to care for your Mum and she is a valued part of our family here at Heather Grange. If you would like to discuss any food concerns then we will do our best to assist. I will pass on your comments to our staff.

The staff are very pleasant and helpful. Office staff help on any query and are very kind. Staff work very hard and at times are very stretched, but still do it with a smile. Entertainment good. Presentation of the home good.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Emma Bingham, Home Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 27 Sep 2018:

Thank you for your feedback which is very valuable to us.

This care home is the nicest in the area; I can’t fault anything about it. The staff are friendly and polite and very caring. My dad enjoys being here.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased you feel your Father is happy at Heather Grange.

The care home is the nicest in the area. My mum looked at various ones before choosing Heather Grange and I am so glad that she chose where she did. They have lovely staff working there and the environment is very homely. They provide good facilities and the coffee bar is a nice place to go for a coffee and a chat knowing there is help and assistance close by if needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Emma Bingham, Home Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 14 Sep 2018:

Thank you for taking your time to review us, we value your comments.
Heather Grange is a team of staff who are passionate about providing the highest standards of person-centred care to residential/dementia care delivered with compassion, respect and dignity.

Since my grandad came to Heather Grange his whole life has changed for the better. He enjoys meeting new people again and reminiscing from his olden days. He says his bedroom is like a hotel and the service he receives from all the staff is great. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. He enjoys the home cooked food and the trips out on the minibus. I know that after visiting him he is always safe and well looked after which wasn't the case when he lived at home alone.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Emma Bingham, Home Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 12 Sep 2018:

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback, we will continue to work to an excellent standard to provide outstanding care.

No relevant comment to make other than generally satisfied with Heather Grange.
It is a very difficult situation to be in leaving my mother in care for her safety when she personally would prefer to be at home. From my experience of visiting many care homes through my job, I knew Heather Grange would always be my only option.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and we will continue to work to an excellent standard.

My mother has settled and improved in her well-being since arriving at Heather Grange. She is stimulated and given wonderful care, which we feel has calmed her and made her a much happier person with the illness she has. The facilities are excellent and there are always things being done to add to her comfort. Little things that make life easier and less frustrating for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Emma Bingham, Home Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 11 Sep 2018:

Thank you for review; we appreciate your feedback as this enables us to continue to provide an outstanding service. If there is ever anything we can help or support you with I have an open door policy and am available and always happy to meet with you.

Great place, friendly, clean and hospitable. The staff are amazing, very understanding and caring.
It is difficult for elderly parents to adjust to being in residential care but Heather Grange is like a 4* hotel.
Thanks to all staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Emma Bingham, Home Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 29 Jun 2018:

Thank you very much for your kind words. We aim to provide a first class service and your comments will be passed on to the staff team.

I have absolutely no complaints about this home in Burnley. Excellent staff and very professional in management. We definitely made the right choice for my partner. We have looked around at other care homes but Heather Grange in Burnley was by far the best. The care is first class and my partner is very comfortable and happy. I really wish that every care home in the UK could be as good as Heather Grange. We would then have no worries or concerns when we have to let go of our loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Donna Laird, Registered Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 24 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback as this enables us to continue to provide an outstanding service.

A marvellous manager and two assistants that are always there to help. The cleanliness of the home is exceptional and the care is fantastic. You cannot fault anything or anyone in the home. This home is the best around.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Donna Laird, Registered Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 06 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your kind review, we appreciate your feedback and will continue to work to an excellent standard.

The home is a good home, because they cater for everyone. You can put anyone in and know they are taken care of. Staff are great with people as any condition. The rooms are very clean, food is good, there are all sorts of things going on. Value for your money and I thank them for taking care of my husband from time to time. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Likely

My stepfather is looked after by the highest standards of care. Privacy and dignity are top of the agenda.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Donna Laird, Home Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 27 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you feel your Stepfather is looked after well.

From the minute you walk into Heather Grange, all staff are very welcoming. The manager's standards reflect in the way the careers work. It's outstanding. There is a wide range of choice with meals, the activities that are provided are wonderful and birthdays are always celebrated. Heather grange is a very clean. Staff in various positions will show the utmost respect to all visitors, relatives and residents. I would highly recommend this care home to anybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

We owe so much to all the staff at Heather Grange. They are the most amazing and caring people I have ever met. The staff are managed by someone very unique and special and this reflects in all her staff.
My dad died in Heather Grange this week after 20 months in the residential suite. The care shown to him was exemplary. No one could have asked for anything better.
My stepdad has severe vascular dementia and has lived in the Garden suite at Heather Grange for almost 3 years. His life has been full of love and his care amazing. He has done everything from going bowling to joining the entertainment team with his tambourine! He is now in the final stages of his life and no words can express how great his care is.
Both of them especially enjoyed the men only afternoons where they played snooker and sneaked in a crafty drink. Amazing!
I owe Heather Grange so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

I find this care home to be wonderful. The staff have been so friendly and helpful. They have made things so very easy for us. My father is so happy being at Heather Grange you're certainly made to feel at home. I can't say enough about Heather Grange and the management and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

My mother seems very comfortable. She enjoys socialising. My concerns, therefore, are that when the events co-ordinator is on holiday that there is no one to take his place and also at weekends. I have left the value for money column blank as I do not deal with the finances.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Likely

Donna Laird, Registered Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 06 Oct 2016:

Thank you for your Review Sandra I must say your words left us all feeling very proud and very emotional, I am so proud of my team at Heather Grange who work hard in providing a high standard of care. It has been a pleasure caring for your father and thank you for supporting Heather Grange.

My father had suffered from Dementia and was a resident for nearly 2 years. Throughout this time all staff (and I mean ALL from cleaners through to managers) showed him the utmost respect and care. Their palliative care before his passing (03/06/16) could not have been better. They attended with compassion to his every need as well as mine and my mums (who is a resident). I genuinely can not find words to express my gratitude to the amazing staff and would gladly recommend this care home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

My sister has now been a resident for just over 12 months. During this time, I have been a regular visitor and find the care and attention she receives far exceeds my hopes and expectations. I am more than satisfied and happy with the service this care home provides.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Entertainment fantastic. Management excellent. Sometimes staff changes affect continuity. Staff leaving as carers poorly paid. No doubt effects all carers?? Or does it.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

My mum has received consistently good care since her arrival at Heather Grange seven months ago. Every aspect of her care appears outstanding and my mother has had no reason to complain. She enjoys her privacy within her personal space whilst appreciating ongoing attention with her health, personal care, diet and social needs. I visit regularly and can vouch for the fact that Heather Grange staff strive for high levels of care. This gives me peace of mind as next of kin.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

My mother spent 25 days in Heather Grange whilst I went on holiday and I was pleased and relieved to find that she had been well cared for. The staff were very welcoming and had everything in place for her needs. Mum became poorly where she got immediate treatment which prevented her from deteriorating. She enjoyed the food and was pleased she had several choices. She also enjoyed some of the activities that were provided. This was her first experience of a care home and we left her in trepidation but thankfully she has been really happy and is looking forward to a repeat performance next year!

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

My dad spent 2 weeks respite here whilst my family went on holiday. Dad had a lovely time and said he wouldn't hesitate to go back. The home is very caring towards residents every need and the staff are excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend this home to anyone. It gave me peace of mind to enjoy my holiday and gave dad a holiday too. He even said he wouldn't mind becoming a permanent resident if necessary.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Heather Grange is a first class establishment where the residents are extremely well looked after in a superb caring environment. A dedicated team of staff is well led by a manager who leads by example and sets high standards which are habitually maintained.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

The staff on dad's unit have shown an awful lot of care, compassion and patience. He suffers with vascular dementia and this causes him to be very demanding of the carers attention but they gave him the utmost care. I spend time talking to him to calm him. This gives his family peace of mind knowing that he is in the best place possible with the problems that he has.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

The staff at Heather Grange have been amazing. I feel really confident in the care they provide for my dad. This is a very difficult, emotional time, but Heather Grange have helped both me and dad cope after the loss of my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Donna Laird, Registered Home Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 03 Jun 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we value your comments. At Heather Grange we are passionate about providing the highest standards of person centred Residential and Dementia care delivered with compassion, respect and dignity.

- Very pleasant.
- Interesting.
- Helpful staff.
- Clean.
- Convenient.
- Supportive.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we value your comments. At Heather Grange, we are passionate about providing the highest standards of person centred Residential and Dementia care delivered with compassion, respect and dignity.

Mum has been at Heather Grange for 8 weeks now and has settled really well, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly and make the home very welcoming. The activities provided in the home encourage families and residents to take part. Heather Grange is very clean and the rooms are kept to the highest of standards with residents being encouraged to have their belongings around them. Residents are encouraged on a daily basis to take part in activities and socialise and a mini bus is provided for trips out. The experience we have had in our short time here has been excellent and made the move to residential care easier.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

I consider that my mother-in-law gets an excellent package of care here at Heather Grange. Lets put it this way if I was unfortunate to need nursing care I would want to come to this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Donna Laird, Registered Home manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 03 Jun 2016:

Lovely, can not fault the care and cleanliness. My mum has come on leaps and bounds since she came here nearly twelve months ago really happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Fantastic Care Home, more like a 5* hotel. So pleased that my mother has the opportunity to stay here. The staff from every level deserve medals as they provide 100% in all aspects to ensure a wonderful lifestyle.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Very welcoming and accommodating home. All efforts made for the residents and their families. It is a pleasure to visit. I knew my niece would be looked after very well here because my mother-in-law is already in Heather Grange. I also recommended it to another family. The staff are always pleasant and approachable and are always willing to listen to queries. They make the greatest of efforts to make everyone relaxed and comfortable. Brilliant.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

Donna Laird, Registered Manager at Heather Grange responded to this review on 01 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your kind comments these will be cascaded to all our staff, your comments are so important to us to enable us to continue to strive to provide excellent service to all the people that live at Heather Grange.

Right from day one we were very impressed with the "feel" of Heather Grange, looking like a five star hotel and most importantly the manager and her team. The whole approach to everything was so bubbly and positive and very comforting maintained. We can not praise them enough and when the occasions arise, we really tell people in great depth about how pleased we are with the excellent standards of care etc, etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

I don't always go to the activities but I do enjoy the food tastings.

How likely would you be to recommend Heather Grange? Extremely Likely

The staff and carers are really nice. I really enjoy a game of bingo and having my nails painted.

Submit a Review for Heather Grange

Your review must be about a service provided within the last 6 months.

Recipient: MHA