Peaker Park Care Village

Trojan Place, Rockingham Road, Market Harborough LE16 7FP

Peaker Park Care Village opened the 2nd June 2011. A newly-built and commissioned care village - 137 beds in all, configured in three separate care facilities. The care village is multi-registered to accept clients with many and varied care needs from the age of eighteen years and upwards, to include clients requireing care because of old age, frailty, and/or dementia, a physical or mental disability and/or a sensory impairment. The care village is registered to deliver care to residential/nursing and Continuing Health Care Clients, and also boasts accommodation for clients who wish to retain independence in their own apartment style of accommodation.

Group: Prime Life Ltd

Person in charge: Alison Hartley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leicestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 137 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Peaker Park Care Village: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Peaker Park Care Village is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 48 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Peaker Park Care Village in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 26 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.488 for Peaker Park Care Village is calculated as follows: ( (342 Excellents x 5) + (171 Goods x 4) + (31 Satisfactorys x 3) + (10 Poors x 2) + (6 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 560 Ratings = 4.488

The 4.949 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Peaker Park Care Village is based on 26 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 27.4 positive Reviews (137 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 26 Reviews ÷ 27.4 Target = 0.949

9.4 Peaker Park Care Village has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.437) from 48 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Peaker Park Care Village?

Reviewer Connection to Peaker Park Care Village

Very good room and building fabric, clean, tidy and well planned. Efficient and friendly staff and most helpful. Food and beverage good, nicely presented and good dining room layout. Overall, if I were in need of residential care, I would have no hesitation in staying here.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Not having dealt with the care system before Peaker Park Team were so helpful in guiding me through the system and making my mother feel confident and safe in her new surroundings. The care is excellent with regular contact from staff on any issues. Excellent facilities rooms and food.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

All the staff at Peaker Park treat my mum with care and compassion. Their positive attitude and dedication allow me to carry on my life safe in the knowledge that she is looked after. This peace of mind is priceless.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Likely

My mother has privacy in her room but has regular checks to make sure she is alright. There are daily activities for her to attend if she wants to. I have attended a few coffee evenings held on a monthly basis, called the Dementia Journey, covering unravelling the mystery, end of life care, nutrition and a dementia virtual tour. All of these events have been very helpful and supportive for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Likely

Since arriving here in August 2017, we have had a superb experience in this care home. For my father-in-law, it has been home from home. Treatment in the Dementia unit is excellent. Staff always going above and beyond. Excellent communication with residents and also to family members. My father-in-law could not be in a better place.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident in the dementia unit of Peaker Park for 2 and a half years. The care mum has received is fantastic and the carers are very, very helpful and kind towards mum. So my two brothers and sister are very happy with the care mum gets. Dementia is not easy to deal with!

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

From the warm welcome on arrival in the dark on a cold winters night until the day of leaving. The staff have excelled in the care and attention they have given my friend as she convalesced from an illness. Thye built her confidence in her abilities back up and now she is living independently at home once again. She was scared of going into a "home" but now she says she may return in the future for a short rest and this is so comforting to the extended family. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Resident: my mother aged 96, resident for 4+years. 3 years decreasingly self-caring on residential unit. 14 months bed bound on dementia unit requiring a hoist to move and all personal care including feeding, positioning, washing and changing. Self-funding until 3 weeks ago.

Accommodation: Purpose built accommodation with en-suite wet-room and television supplied and own telephone. Modern, spacious, light, clean and well-maintained.

Staff: Polite, cheerful, attentive and establish excellent rapport with client and family. Maintain good communication. Care is prompt and regular. Despite needing help with moving and feeding, weight is maintained and there has never been a problem with pressure areas.

Fees: Research in Birmingham, Darlington and Market Harborough. Fees in the middle group and I believe good value by comparison.

Tick Boxes: Inadequate. Nothing is excellent with no room for improvement but everything is better than good. I would mark “Very Good” throughout.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My mum had only a short stay at Peaker Park Care Village sadly before she passed away.
The professionalism, care, support and compassion that the nurses, doctors and staff gave was exceptional. I cannot thank them enough for making mums last few days comfortable, safe and dignified.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Lovely place, very friendly and helpful staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Nice place and friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Mother was at the home since August 2017. The staff showed great empathy, especially towards the end. Mother enjoyed the food and we thought it was kept very clean.
I'm sure a different selection of music would be a benefit.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

From the moment we had dealings with the staff of the home to the final minutes of my father's care and needs, the home was fantastically supportive. A helpful, sensitive and caring approach to the whole family. They couldn't do enough to help. They were excellent in nursing him through his final hours of life I would have struggled to cope without their help.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

I was transferred to Peaker Park from hospital for extra physiotherapy so that I could use stairs following a fracture on September 22nd. I was very privileged to be in the NHS Reablement Unit in Fiddlers Court for four weeks. The personal care, encouragement, food, therapy and relaxed atmosphere enabled me to recover well. I particularly appreciated the service of the Team Leaders of the Horne Court staff and the weekly visit from the nurse from the local surgery. I wish I had had it all explained to me though, at the beginning of my stay, and better prepared for it. The explanatory leaflet arrived as I was leaving Peaker Park!

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My mother has been dumped by this nursing home with an alleged stroke.. which frankly is in question. My family are most unhappy and have been put through much distress by what we suspect is their excuse to get rid of her. They have refused to readmit my mother from a hospital infirmary for recovery. Whilst my mother was here we were pleased with the facilities and level of care until this happened two days ago. I am making an official complaint to the authorities.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Unlikely

My father-in-law is currently staying here after a fall and breaking his hip. He was unable to go home and thankfully they had a room here. All the staff are so helpful and friendly, I have only witnessed an excellent level of care. They encourage the residents to socialise and although no doubt a stressful job, they all seem very upbeat and positive. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My dad spent his final few weeks at this amazing place. The care love and compassion shown to him and his family was outstanding. We couldn't have been anywhere better. Every single person who was involved in his care was amazing. We could never thank you all enough.

Knowing a loved one is at the end of their life is very difficult but the staff here made it so much easier for us. We want everyone to know what a great place this is. We had a terrible experience in another care home and was really scared when he was sent here but we are so happy that he ended up here.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to every single one of you, we will never forget what you did for us all.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

I lost my Grandad and best friend this morning. For the past 3 weeks, my Grandad had been a resident at this home. From the second he arrived, the carers and workers had his best interests in mind. As a family, we have had a very difficult week and the home actually let me and my family stay over to ensure we had all the time in the world for my Grandad. They had a room set up for us and each day we had breakfast, lunch and dinner given to us. Every hour we'd have a lovely man come round for some comforting words and tea.

Every other hour the carers would come in for some kind words and hugs to ensure me and the family were fine. As a family, we genuinely could not have asked for a better place for my Grandad to see his last days. He was comfortable and relaxed.

No other place on the planet could have given us the care and love they did this week.
Losing someone so close to you is never easy, but these people went above and beyond to make it the easiest it could be.

Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

We thought our 93-year-old Aunt was all but finished with the "grim reaper" closing in but through her own tenacity and the very skilful support from the Peaker Park staff our Aunt has been fully rehabilitated and is now back to her youthful self.
Please accept our most sincere thank you to all the staff in the Fiddlers building with a particular thank you to the physio and occupational therapy persons who were exceptional.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Lovely staff, good privacy, very clean, lovely environment, nice gardens, will miss the staff as only staying on respite, nice meals, nice physiotherapists, overall a very professional care home would definitely recommend to people.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

I stayed at Peaker Park Care Village for 11 days while my daughter was on holiday as I am waiting for my flat to be ready in a retirement complex. The staff were very welcoming, attentive and kind and I felt safe. I mixed with the other residents the best I could. I felt I would have liked to get the opportunity to go outside more, especially as the weather was so nice. I would have enjoyed more activities too - maybe a quiz or more social gatherings as everyone seemed to stay in their room. The early supper time of 4:30 pm did not suit me, however, there was plenty of choice for the meals.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Likely

We had a very warm and reassuring welcome. We were very pleased with the room and the way we're treated. Very efficient with medication and attentive to Dad's needs. Dad was very comfortable and really enjoyed the food.
Overall we were very happy with the service. We would certainly return without hesitation. I was happy because Dad was happy.
I have always feared the thought of Dad going into a care home, however, this experience was a burden lifted.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Very caring and thoughtful staff.
Exemplary in every way. It is doubtful if the service my mother had could be improved upon. An exceptional model of best practice in this caring professional.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My mother was initially admitted to Peaker Park Care Village on 13th March 2017. She had Vascular Dementia and my father could no longer cope with looking after her on his own. From the minute she arrived, until the day she sadly departed on 21st May 2017, having passed away there, the care she received was absolutely fantastic.
My mother loved being there so much, she told everyone that would listen, that she didn't want to go back home. She just wanted to spend the rest of her days there.
While there, she was diagnosed with an rare, aggressive and incurable form of bladder cancer. The palliative care she received there was second to none. I feel very qualified to write this review, and share my opinion, as while my Mum was resident in Peaker Park Care Village, I visited her at least every other day. A truly fantastic care home that I would recommend to anyone and everyone, and if I manage to get that far in life, I would want to end my days there.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Unfortunately, my husband had to be admitted for nursing care. He is however being very well looked after and they make sure he is comfortable.
He is unaware of his surroundings but for family and friends we are so pleased he is at Peaker Park.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My partner is in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's and dementia with Lewy bodies.
He is being very well cared for in an environment which caters for his needs which can be severe.
The staff are unfailingly kind and considerate and he is always treated with respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

I'm so sorry not to have put the food in a higher category, perhaps because I loved cooking that I was so disappointed. I always tried to give my meals, although simple, texture and flavour and found flavour especially lacking.
Many dishes depend on certain accompaniments to make them enjoyable and one expects them to be present, but turkey without even bread sauce is bland and tasteless.
A few pieces of dry hard prunes, hard, tasteless white 'sticks' of something (unripe melon?) is not a fruit salad. We had no fresh fruit that week.
I was horrified that there was no wholemeal bread, we never eat anything else. Sadly tea and coffee were never more than warm on delivery.
I always think that meals should be something to look forward to and eaten with pleasure. Something important for old people for whom pleasures are often few and far between.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Don't know

Peaker Park looked after my mother for the last two years of her life, treating her with dignity and kindness, even though her behaviour was frequently extremely difficult due to her dementia.
Everyone did their best to anticipate and meet her needs and take genuine care of her.
On many occasions, staff 'went the extra mile' in caring for mum, trying to calm her agitation and make her comfortable, whether at the home, on hospital visits, or at the end of her life.
My father and I were always made to feel welcome and management and carers alike would take the time to talk over any concerns.
I would particularly like to thank the dementia team for their professionalism and patience often in the face of considerable hostility from mum.
Last but by no means least, Peaker Park is as pleasant a home as any I have visited - and moreover does not smell like a care home, which is no mean feat.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My father, who has Alzheimer's, went into Peaker Park Care Home in March of this year. He was not an easy resident to deal with but I am very impressed with the care that he received at this home.
The staff rang me to update me on any changes and they rang on 21st April to say that they felt that the end of his life was near.
I went in and the staff were wonderful with him. they showed great 'empathy' in making him as comfortable as possible. Someone was with him the whole time, speaking soothingly to him and gently stroking his arm.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My wife moved to Peaker Park after being 'sectioned' in Leicester.
She was cared for with love and despite her being very awkward with the staff at times, they looked after her with patience and consideration.
I have categorised 'activities' as satisfactory as she was unable to participate. I would (and have) recommended the care/nursing home at Peaker Park unreservedly.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Every member of staff, from cleaners, kitchen staff to care staff were very attentive, caring and professional. My brother could not have had better care.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

A few initial issues. On the whole satisfied Mum looked after very well.
The staff are caring and approachable.
The unit leader is fantastic.
Other residents seem happy and settled and there is a good atmosphere generally.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Likely

The carers are excellent. They are friendly, work extremely hard and go that extra mile in caring for my husband and the other residents. I have no qualms in trusting my husband to their care.
Management are professional and respond promptly to any requests.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

We have been pleased with the care given during January. My mother has always looked clean and well dressed and the carers are vigilant as to her whereabouts and safety. Her personal needs are treated with kindness and dignity and I do feel they do care about her well-being. Sometimes, I feel they are 'thin on the ground' as pressures mount up but the carers on duty do a fantastic job, coping with each situation as it arrives with professionalism.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Likely

From the first day my father arrived, he has been looked after with care and compassion. I am so glad we chose Peaker Parker Care Village for him as he is very content and feels safe thanks to the excellent staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My mother came to Peaker Park for respite care after a hospital stay (having been unable to return to her usual accommodation). She ended up staying 6 months and has only now left in order to move to another care home closer to family in the South. She has really enjoyed her stay at Peaker Park. The carers are warm, friendly and attentive. The team leaders, have been wonderful. She has made friends and has enjoyed some of the activities on offer. Her room is always clean and the staff always happy to spend time with her. The activities co-ordinator was also excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Mum moved to Peaker Park Care Village after a long spell in hospital and after the family had visited and discussed 11 previous care homes. Parker Park presents itself as a modern, upbeat and hotel-type accommodation for both respite and long term care. Not only is it an inviting building, the care given to residents is superb. Mum was at Peaker Park for 5 1/2 years during which time she received excellent care socially and medically. The residents are "guests" treated with dignity and respect. Hygiene is first class and my Mum regards Pearker Park as her home with the bonus of high-class hotel facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

The staff I encountered on each visit, although ever changing, always seemed committed to caring for my dad. There were many issues - items going missing from his room, such as the remote control for his TV, his spectacles, hearing aid and his food always cold and unattractive, there was also uncertainty as to whether we were supposed to feed him when it was just left in the room. After six months of complaining leading to a formal letter of complaint, a meeting, where issues such as lack of provision of basic items such as bibs, towels and soap, were to be discussed was held but which the manager declined to attend. It was never made clear what the relatives were supposed to pay for and what was included.

The environment is new, clean and maintained. For those able to take part, well planned activities are arranged. I never saw the sweet shop, bar or cinema in use, however.

Overall, the impression is of some dedicated, caring staff who looked after dad within the confines of management complacency.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Likely

Mum has been in Peaker Park for 8 months and during that time, she has been cared for in all matters with consideration, friendliness and what is most important, dignity. The staff are extremely helpful if there is a problem and nothing is too much trouble. Considering the amount of work that has to be done they are amazing.
A couple of mum's belongings (shoes and perfume) have gone missing, you expect socks, nighties etc to be misplaced but not new shoes and a personal gift! A letter was sent to head office.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Likely

I cannot praise Peaker Park Care Village and all its staff enough for the help, support and care it has shown to my father and to us over the past two years.
It has helped us through the maze of the care system paperwork, NHS and all the services. Peaker Park staff have gone above and beyond their duty. The standards of care are excellent and the facilities were excellent, in lovely surroundings. The staff were friendly, very efficient providing a pleasant outing each day, and all knew their jobs very well. They treated my father with respect and dignity at all times and provided comfort when he needed it.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My dad had vascular dementia and was at Peaker Park Care Village for 7/8 months before he died. During his time at the care home he was treated with dignity and kinder. The carers were superb also helped mu mum when she visited. I would recommend Peaker Park Care Village without reservation.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My husband was admitted to Peaker Park for nursing care. The atmosphere was pleasant and friendly. The staff were kind and helpful, particularly frequently checking on him during the last few days of his life.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Likely

Thank all the staff and members for all their care for my stay at Peaker Park care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

My mother needed a rest and a care home, stayed at Melody Court. Initial visit before the stay made us feel warm and welcome. Also we have an elderly aunt who stays at the care home, all staff are caring and confident, while visiting at night staff change over always friendly hello or goodnight. Food at canteen never been a problem, good selection on site hairdresser, good activities and parties. Thank you for all your help making mum feel like her old self in the short time she's been there.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Very pleased, cared for our uncle for 2 years. Manager very helpful, staff very good, food superb, accommodation very comfortable, clean, social programme inclusive. 10/10.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

Disappointed with the level of care. Beautiful surroundings with wonderful philosophy of care which sadly never materialised. Usual story of well meaning staff but not enough. Poor hand over which worried me and my fears were confirmed. My mother was in for 1 week respite and the deterioration was frightening. I went to collect her and she was cold. Soaking wet with no pain relief. Required medical intervention for acquired infection. Managers were apologetic but that was all.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Unlikely

My uncle was looked after in a really lovely and caring way. The staff couldn't have been kinder. The food and facilities were excellent and I would recommend Peaker Park to anyone looking for a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Peaker Park Care Village? Extremely Likely

I have found the perfect place for my Mum live. From the moment she arrived she has been well looked after. The carers are friendly and attentive and the management team very helpful and despite it being a large home the manager knows every residents needs.
The build is wonderful and she is well fed and attended to by the catering staff.
Rooms are lovely.

Submit a Review for Peaker Park Care Village

posted 25 Apr 2018

Single room with full en-suite bathroom

Recipient: Prime Life Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Peaker Park Care Village