Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home, Lymm, Cheshire

Cheshire Grange is a fifty capacity care home from the widely respected care provider Barchester, known throughout the sector for delivering skilled care in homely settings, thanks to a highly trained and fully-resourced team of staff.

The home maintains a flexible programme of activities, dedicated to a positive physical and emotional lifestyle, alongside the personalised care packages staff adhere to.

Specialising in provision for adults with dementia, Cheshire Grange offers comfortable social environments and en-suite bedrooms.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Allison Kennie (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warrington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home: click here

posted 30 Oct 2017

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

9.6 Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.643)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.843 for Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (140 Excellents x 5) + (26 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.843

The 4.8 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 0.800

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home

I spent five weeks in May 2017 on respite nursing care. I had cardiac surgery and following this, I had swallowing problems relating to previous surgery. I had been in hospital for ten weeks and needed twenty-four-hour care to help me.
All the nursing team, carers and everyone else in catering, cleaning, laundry, entertainment were excellent.
My tube-feeding required registered nurses and the level of care was excellent. The standard of the home, decor, bathrooms, dining room, was lovely.
Visitors are welcomed and could have meals with you. Food was reported as excellent by my wife (I was tube fed).
More like a hotel with nurses!

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

We as a family were so impressed with the care and attention my mother-in-law received during her three weeks respite stay. The staff were all so pleasant, caring and cheerful and couldn't do enough for her and us!
She was reluctant to leave but we know now that we have no worried should she have to go back in again for the short or long term.

From the management team to all the staff, everyone is approachable, helpful, understanding and caring not only to the resident but to friends and family. I don't know how I would have managed without the help and support of Cheshire Grange. I understand how difficult it is to look after so many individuals with so many differing needs, but, Cheshire Grange you do an outstanding job of looking after all your residents. Thank You.

We moved my Mum to The Barchester Grange as I was not happy with the care she was getting in her other home. We chose this home for its care and attention it gives its residents. The atmosphere was lovely, not aggressive, all the carers had time to chat and interact with all the residents.
This home cares with a capital C, I only wish I had found it sooner for Mum, but I am very glad I did find it. My Mum went from being fed and unclean in her old home to feeding herself and being treated with dignity in The Barchester Grange. We would definitely recommend it.

My mother arrived at Cheshire Grange in August 2016.
The move to a care home was a big decision for us as a family and I reviewed a number of care homes in my area.
I was immediately struck by the extremely pleasant environment that is provided at Cheshire Grange.
It doesn't feel like a care home and provided a lovely, clean and homely atmosphere.
My Mum had always insisted on high standards in her own home and therefore I knew this would be a good choice.
My Mum is unfortunately in the advanced stages of Motor Neurone Disease (MND), a complex and distressing condition.
Cheshire Grange are providing me and my Mum with as much support as they possibly can.
They have worked with me to access additional extended support and provide me and my Mum with emotional support.
The nurses and carers I have got to know are extremely patient and caring.

My mother was so well cared for. My mum enjoyed all the activities. The home is immaculate. From the management to the staff they supported us as a family to deal with my mum's illness. My mum was truly loved and cared for in her time there. The food was always fresh and very good choices. Lovely home baked cakes available for visitors.

All staff are excellent. Can't do enough for you and residents. Lovely café area and outdoor area to go with family. Father has been in hospital for 10 months and has really come out of himself in here. He says the food is amazing!!! And it does look lovely.

In an extremely difficult environment in which to provide continual assistance with daily living, I found the above able to offer a very comprehensive level of care. Without any signs of incompetence, I was able to engage on a personal level with staff across the care service spectrum relieving me from the overwhelming responsibilities and trails involved in both the routine and the unpredictabilities brought about by illness and old age making a bleak situation seem bearable.

My father deserved the best as he came towards the end of his life and this home gave him the best care possible. His own room was comfortably furnished and afforded him his own independence which he so desired. Meals were of a high quality and the staff looked after him with such kindness and dedication to their job. He always enjoyed the lovely gardens to sit in also. It was always a treat for us to visit him too as we were always met with such warmth and hospitality. Towards the end, as his requirements were for extra nursing, we were overwhelmed by the kindness, care, and dignity shown to him by the nursing staff here. I thoroughly recommend this home to anyone who has fears of placing their nearest and dearest in a care home.

My grandmother has lived at Cheshire Grange since October last year and she is so happy and well cared for. The staff are friendly and attentive, the food is excellent and the care is wonderful. We are all very happy.

I am a family friend of two residents who I visit three times a week and I must state what a fantastic place it is. The staff are pleasant very friendly especially one lady what a lovely person she is, I have a very good judge at people and she is so real, no put ons at all. The food is great and a good choice and I wish when it comes around I could stay! We get pots of tea and even sometimes great cake. The staff need to be recommended to a high standard for what they do and lovely manner.

I needed a care home for a week-long respite period for my mother-in-law who was recovering from a serious operation. I researched a lot of care homes before selecting Cheshire Grange. I had left it very late to book and worried that I had left it too late. However the office staff assured me that they had a place and that there was plenty of time to organise the stay. My mother-in-law has a lot of food intolerances which makes cooking for her quite difficult but the chef at Cheshire Grange was exceptional in providing food which, even though not on the daily menu, he/she was happy to prepare separately. A member of staff even told me that he/she had enjoyed the challenge! My mother-in-law does not socialise easily but she told me that she had enjoyed the events put on by the home. My mother-in-law was very happy with her stay and said it was more like a hotel than a care home. All the staff who I met were lovely, kind and could not do enough to ensure that my mother-in-law was well cared for. I would absolutely recommend this care home.

I am writing this review about Cheshire grange and there are not enough words to explain the extremely outstanding service that my mum together with myself and other family members received from each and every member of the staff. My mum moved there to end her life and unfortunately was only a resident for less than a week but within that time every member of staff always had time for us no matter what they were doing nothing was to much trouble, courteous, polite, helpful, understanding, empathise. If anyone is looking for a care home for there relative, then look no further.

My Mum is currently having a second period of respite care at Cheshire Grange. I have really been impressed with the level of care shown by all the staff and the general feeling of warmth and friendliness that the place has. I have felt that my Mum will be well looked after and safe. Everywhere looks clean and well kept.

My Mum has enjoyed the food and her lovely room. She also likes the friendly caring Staff. Thank you.

Submit a Review for Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Cheshire Grange Care Home