Barchester Latimer Court

Darwin Avenue, Worcester WR5 1SP

Latimer Court was completed in 2013 and is a purpose-built home providing residential and nursing care, along with expert care for those living with a dementia in a Memory Lane Community.

The home combines a warm and friendly atmosphere in luxurious surroundings, with quality care provided by a dedicated and qualified team of nurses and carers.

Latimer Court also has a dedicated activities coordinator who provides a daily programme of activities and entertainment for everyone living at the home to enjoy, and a head chef who makes each dining experience special with nutritious and delicious home cooked food.

Whether you are looking for nursing expertise or simply additional support to mainatin an active social life, Latimer Court will be pleased to help. Call or visit for more information.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Lisa Bradley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Worcestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 80 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Latimer Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Latimer Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Latimer Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.568 for Barchester Latimer Court is calculated as follows: ( (100 Excellents x 5) + (44 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 155 Ratings = 4.568

The 4.625 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Latimer Court is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16 positive Reviews (80 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 16 Target = 0.625

9.2 Barchester Latimer Court has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.193) from 13 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Latimer Court?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Latimer Court

My mother moved to Latimer Court during 2015. The care she has received has been second to none. There are no words to thank all the staff from management to housekeeping who cared for my mom.
Thank you Latimer Court from grandchildren, great-grandchildren and me, her daughter.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

I am always so pleased to see grandad being encouraged and supported to take part in activities at the home. The care staff have taken time to get to know his love of music and being a retired engineer, his need to be kept busy fixing things! The staff are helping us to keep him happy and enjoying his life, despite dementia. He is never just sat alone in a chair like the old care home stereotype!

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

Lisa Bradley, General Manager at Barchester Latimer Court responded to this review on 09 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your feedback on your grandad's care and wellbeing he is receiving here at Latimer Court. Getting to know your granddad's lived experiences helps to make every moment of his day meaningful, stimulating and joyable.

My father has been in the home since end of December 2017. The staff and management have helped enormously to aid in the transition for my father and also helped family too at a very difficult time. I cannot praise enough the staff. The staff are wonderful to my father, very kind, caring and show him respect and they possess a lot of patience. Without hesitation, I would recommend Latimer Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

Lisa Bradley, General Manager at Barchester Latimer Court responded to this review on 05 Apr 2018:

Thank you, Julie, for your feedback, it has been the whole team's pleasure to be able to offer our support and care to both your father and you as his loved ones.

It is a very difficult decision to pass the care of a beloved parent to others but the staff of Latimer Court were exceptionally kind and helpful and my dad was very comfortable and safe for his last weeks.
I would highly recommend this care home. It is spotlessly clean and comfortable and my dad used to say “this room is very well appointed”.
It was no hardship to visit Dad daily, as we did, as we were always made very welcome by the management and staff.
Following his recent death, they have been so kind and considerate and we will miss seeing them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

Lisa Bradley, General Manager at Barchester Latimer Court responded to this review on 26 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your kind words of thanks, Sheila. Your dad was a true pleasure to care for and brightened our day every day. We, as a team, will miss not seeing you and the rest of the family but you are always welcome to visit whenever you are free.
I will pass your thanks on to the rest of the Latimer Court Team.

We needed to stay away for a few days because we were having a wet room put in place. We found everyone at Latimer Court to be so kind and helpful, it put us at ease straight away. If we should need a time away again, Latimer Court would be the first call we would make.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

I come in every day. Everything is good. If it isn't I highlight it to a member of staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

At a very difficult time, whilst desperately searching for a "safe", suitable home for my wife, Latimer Court was recommended by a friend of a friend.

My wife is now resident at the care home and has settled really well. At only 62, we needed to be sure that my wife was safe and secure. The management, staff and all connected with Latimer Court have made the transition from hospital to the home as stress-free as it could possibly be. I would be very confident in recommending to others this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

If today (28th Aug) can be maintained I would mark the food excellent. Previous to today it would only be poor.
The food was letting your whole excellent establishment down and unless today's better standard is kept I would hesitate to give a personal recommendation.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Likely

I came home from Latimer Court feeling much better for the care and attention I received there. The surroundings were lovely, the garden and patio extremely nice on a sunny day and all the facilities were excellent. Food and drink were reasonable (I believe it was the chefs holiday). The staff were friendly and helpful and helped to make my stay enjoyable.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Likely

The moment I telephoned and spoke to admin, then the manager, I was very impressed with the support and quick service for my mother who has dementia. On arriving at the home to see my mom, all staff made us welcome and introduced themselves.
The dementia journey has been made more bearable for the family and mom is safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

Staff are always helpful when needed. Exercise classes are super. All rooms are cleaned every day. Latimer Court, in my opinion, is such a super place to live in.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

Service and staff are very helpful, cheerful and always ready to help. I have no complaints. Room is very comfortable and entertainers and demonstrations i.e. Exercise classes are most enjoyable, also flower arranging.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

I feel very comfortable and am being very well looked after. The staff are all very pleasant and seem to be of a very high calibre, as is the food. One day when the main meal was not to my taste, the Chef prepared an alternative for me.

Submit a Review for Barchester Latimer Court

posted 09 May 2018

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

Lisa

Lisa Bradley

Joined: 2011

I began working as a volunteer in a residential home at the age of 14, providing refreshments to residents and their families and guests at the weekends. I was thought of as a 'natural' when working with the elderly and was soon supporting residents with their individual needs and requirements.
On leaving secondary school, I was offered a position as a care assistant and embarked upon a full-time career in care at the home where I had spent my youth volunteering.
In 2003, I joined a domiciliary care service, supporting people in their homes and, at the same time, completed training as a senior care coordinator and area manager, obtaining the equivalent NVQ Level 4 qualification in Health and Social Care.
I joined Barchester Healthcare as a Deputy Manager in 2011, originally based at a sister home in Shropshire. A short while after, I moved to Field House to become the General Manager - a post which I held for nearly five years until my transfer to Latimer Court.
I feel privileged to have embarked on a career pathway that has enabled me to meet and care for residents, family and friends who have enriched my life in so many ways.

Luke

Luke Annetts

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2008

I joined Barchester in 2008, working in our sister home, Hollyfields, as a Team Leader before becoming Head of Residential care in 2015 here at Latimer Court until my appointment as Deputy Manager in April 2017.
I support the General Manager in the day-to-day management of the home, leading the teams in the delivery of high-quality care and services to residents.

Michelle

Michelle Root

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2016

I have worked in the finance industry for over 20 years in manufacturing, banking and agriculture and wanted to combine administration and finance in a caring profession. This has bought me to Latimer Court. I believe that Latimer Court is the best home in the area. I love the interaction with the residents and their families and the fact that no two days are the same.
I look forward to welcoming you to Latimer Court.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Latimer Court