Barchester Latimer Court, Worcester, Worcestershire

Latimer Court was completed in 2013 and is a purpose-built home providing residential and nursing care, along with expert care for those living with a dementia in a Memory Lane Community.

The home combines a warm and friendly atmosphere in luxurious surroundings, with quality care provided by a dedicated and qualified team of nurses and carers.

Latimer Court also has a dedicated activities coordinator who provides a daily programme of activities and entertainment for everyone living at the home to enjoy, and a head chef who makes each dining experience special with nutritious and delicious home cooked food.

Whether you are looking for nursing expertise or simply additional support to mainatin an active social life, Latimer Court will be pleased to help. Call or visit for more information.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Lisa Bradley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Worcestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 80 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Latimer Court: click here

posted 12 Feb 2018

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

8.9 Barchester Latimer Court has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.905)

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Latimer Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Latimer Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.467 for Barchester Latimer Court is calculated as follows: ( (60 Excellents x 5) + (38 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 107 Ratings = 4.467

The 4.438 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Latimer Court is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16 positive Reviews (80 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 16 Target = 0.438

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Latimer Court?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Latimer Court

• Respite Resident/Service User

I come in every day. Everything is good. If it isn't I highlight it to a member of staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

At a very difficult time, whilst desperately searching for a "safe", suitable home for my wife, Latimer Court was recommended by a friend of a friend.

My wife is now resident at the care home and has settled really well. At only 62, we needed to be sure that my wife was safe and secure. The management, staff and all connected with Latimer Court have made the transition from hospital to the home as stress-free as it could possibly be. I would be very confident in recommending to others this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

If today (28th Aug) can be maintained I would mark the food excellent. Previous to today it would only be poor.
The food was letting your whole excellent establishment down and unless today's better standard is kept I would hesitate to give a personal recommendation.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Likely

I came home from Latimer Court feeling much better for the care and attention I received there. The surroundings were lovely, the garden and patio extremely nice on a sunny day and all the facilities were excellent. Food and drink were reasonable (I believe it was the chefs holiday). The staff were friendly and helpful and helped to make my stay enjoyable.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Likely

The moment I telephoned and spoke to admin, then the manager, I was very impressed with the support and quick service for my mother who has dementia. On arriving at the home to see my mom, all staff made us welcome and introduced themselves.
The dementia journey has been made more bearable for the family and mom is safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

Staff are always helpful when needed. Exercise classes are super. All rooms are cleaned every day. Latimer Court, in my opinion, is such a super place to live in.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

Service and staff are very helpful, cheerful and always ready to help. I have no complaints. Room is very comfortable and entertainers and demonstrations i.e. Exercise classes are most enjoyable, also flower arranging.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

I feel very comfortable and am being very well looked after. The staff are all very pleasant and seem to be of a very high calibre, as is the food. One day when the main meal was not to my taste, the Chef prepared an alternative for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Latimer Court? Extremely Likely

My mother has been staying at Latimer Court for several weeks, the care she has received is 1st class. The staff on her unit are wonderful in every respect, from the cleaners to nurses. I would not hesitate to recommend Latimer Court to my friends (and have), mom's G.P. and her social worker. A big thank you to all at Latimer Court.

Submit a Review for Barchester Latimer Court

Lisa

Lisa Bradley

Joined: 2011

I began working as a volunteer in a residential home at the age of 14, providing refreshments to residents and their families and guests at the weekends. I was thought of as a 'natural' when working with the elderly and was soon supporting residents with their individual needs and requirements.
On leaving secondary school, I was offered a position as a care assistant and embarked upon a full-time career in care at the home where I had spent my youth volunteering.
In 2003, I joined a domiciliary care service, supporting people in their homes and, at the same time, completed training as a senior care coordinator and area manager, obtaining the equivalent NVQ Level 4 qualification in Health and Social Care.
I joined Barchester Healthcare as a Deputy Manager in 2011, originally based at a sister home in Shropshire. A short while after, I moved to Field House to become the General Manager - a post which I held for nearly five years until my transfer to Latimer Court.
I feel privileged to have embarked on a career pathway that has enabled me to meet and care for residents, family and friends who have enriched my life in so many ways.

Luke

Luke Annetts

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2008

I joined Barchester in 2008, working in our sister home, Hollyfields, as a Team Leader before becoming Head of Residential care in 2015 here at Latimer Court until my appointment as Deputy Manager in April 2017.
I support the General Manager in the day-to-day management of the home, leading the teams in the delivery of high-quality care and services to residents.

Karen

Karen Laydon

Job Title: Home Services Advisor

Joined: 2017

I have spent my career in sales and marketing in various business environments. Before to joining Barchester, I did a very similar role for another care provider, that was my first role in a care setting and I absolutely loved it, and this led me to explore other care providers and the roles available, which has brought me to Latimer Court. Prior to that I worked for a large social housing provider managing the sales & marketing functions for the new builds property and resales portfolio.
I am really looking forward to getting to know the residents and their families, the atmosphere is friendly and my colleagues are wonderful, caring professionals . I love meeting prospective residents and their families being able to show them how enjoyable life in our home can be, I am very proud of what we offer. I am passionate about working closely with families to offer support and advice, knowing that I am helping them through a difficult and emotional time is hugely rewarding.
I am also very much looking forward to working with the team here and contributing to the success of the home.
Being able to provide professional and empathetic support, I never under estimate how difficult the journey into care is for each resident and their families. There is absolutely no better feeling than seeing the relief on family members’ faces when they realise their loved one will be happy and well looked after at Latimer Court.

Sharon

Sharon Cox

Job Title: Clinical Lead

I have always worked with elderly people and it gives me great pleasure to say that I have been a key part in delivering a high standard of care for over 25 years.
The interesting people we care for certainly makes the role of nursing interesting and no day is ever the same.
I am someone who is always willing to expand my knowledge whilst also supporting staff along their career journeys, which allows me to put my Teaching & Assessing qualification to good use.

Michelle

Michelle Root

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2016

I have worked in the finance industry for over 20 years in manufacturing, banking and agriculture and wanted to combine administration and finance in a caring profession. This has bought me to Latimer Court. I believe that Latimer Court is the best home in the area. I love the interaction with the residents and their families and the fact that no two days are the same.
I look forward to welcoming you to Latimer Court.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Latimer Court