Ash Tree House

Ash Tree House, Warwick Drive, Wigan WN2 4DT

Ash Tree is an established provider of care and accommodation from Ideal Carehomes, well set up to support personalised care within a homely environment. This is a luxury residential home for vulnerable people and those diagnosed with demenitia. All staff are highly qualified and take pride in consistently high standards that support well-being over the long-term.

The care business has a growing UK portfolio and is well respected within the sector for its commitment to quality and innovation, bringing many new and modern facilities to the care industry.

Group: Ideal Carehomes Ltd

Person in charge: Kathryn Disley (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Lift • Wheelchair access • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Ash Tree House is located on Warwick Drive in Hindley. Located on the site of the old Wakes Public House. Hindley Town Centre is just a mile away.
Hindley Train Station is located just under a mile away on Ladies Lane.
Hindley Swimming Pool is only a 2-minute walk away, located on Borsdane Avenue.

Visiting any time although if possible avoid meal times.

Parking on site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ash Tree House: click here

The Review Score of 7.7 (maximum of 10) for Ash Tree House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 32 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ash Tree House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.1 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.607 for Ash Tree House is calculated as follows: ( (258 Excellents x 5) + (103 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 382 Ratings = 4.607

The 3.083 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ash Tree House is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.083

7.7 Ash Tree House has a Review Score of 7.7 (7.690) from 32 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ash Tree House?

Reviewer Connection to Ash Tree House

• Sister-in-law of Resident/Service User

I am very pleased with the standard of care my mother enjoys at Ash Tree House. Requests I make on behalf of my mother are followed up.
The GP practice that visits the home is excellent. The staff are warm and friendly and have good knowledge about the needs my mother presents and plan well to meet there needs.
From my experience have seems to be a good ratio of staff to residents except in the morning when my mother fell and there was no one available form the home to accompany her to hospital to be with her until I arrived,
Keep up the good work, but work out what is needed for emergencies.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

The family is very happy with the home - and we have peace of mind that mum is in a safe, clean and caring environment. The management and staff go the extra mile with both the residents and family members. Mum is grieving and this has been acknowledged in the way she is cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

I have been here since 28th April 13 and much improved on my previous care home. The staff are very caring and polite and if you are not well you are well cared for. I enjoy the food, a good variety and nicely presented, so I am quite happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Likely

Ash Tree House is a very well run care home.
Management and staff do their very best to give the residents all things possible, this is a very trying task for carers due to restricted staff levels.
I feel very lucky to have managed to get my wife into such an extremely good care home.
She receives 'tender loving care', she is safe, warm, well-fed (too much) and I feel very confident of all things if I cannot visit for any reason.
Thank you Ashtree House.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Ash Tree House responded to this review on 23 May 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review Ash Tree House. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and would like to thank you for your kind comments.
about the home. If you would like to discuss anything further please contact the Home Manager or Customer Services on 0113 385 3570.

Ash Tree House is an extremely welcoming home that starts with the colourful foyer and friendly staff as you enter.
The lounges and rooms are maintained to a high standard and are light and airy.
Though the kitchen within the lounge needs to be fitted with more robust appliances (rather than domestic ones), the food is excellent, being varied, wholesome and tasty.
Cleaning standards of hygiene are of the highest standard.
My Mum has been cared for with cheerfulness, tenderness and compassion and despite her advanced dementia, I am sure she is content.
Visitors are always made to feel welcome and valued as well as being kept up to date with any problems.
External activities such as singers and outings help to add pleasure to the residents' lives.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Ash Tree House responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review Ash Tree House. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review would like to inform you that a brand new dishwasher has been installed. Our Home Manager operates an open-door policy and is always happy to discuss any concerns directly with you when you visit the home. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

Once again all of Mum's family are very pleased with the care home. Mum is treated with the utmost respect and courtesy. She is happy, feels safe and well looked after. Credit due to all the staff and management who do an excellent job.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

On our first visit to Ash Tree, both my wife and I were very impressed by the overall brightness and cleanliness. We were also impressed by the friendly atmosphere generated by all the staff.
My sister-in-law has always been a quiet person but after a few weeks she was the first person to join in all the activities, she is now on first name terms with all the staff on her floor.
All in all, we couldn't have found a better place for her.
Thank you Ash Tree.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

It was our mother's birthday on the 23rd April 2017 and she was 90 years old. Ash Tree House allowed us a room in one of the lounges to celebrate my mums birthday and all her family arrived to celebrate it, Ash Tree House baked a cake for mum and supplied the sandwiches which was very kind of them to do that. The staff and management were very kind to all of us and we thank them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

You have made my mum happy again! The staff are so kind, caring and fun that our family feel content that mum has a better and rewarding quality of life. I would recommend Ash Tree House to anyone and everyone, you are amazing.
Thank you thank you thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Mum was diagnosed with vascular dementia 4 years ago and over time she lost the ability to live independently. In February we visited Ash Tree and we were greeted with warmth and friendliness. A senior carer gave us a tour of Ash Tree and all questions were answered openly and honestly. She took pride in showing us the facilities and introducing us to staff and residents.
We were invited to return for lunch with mum at our convenience. During that visit, an assessment was done in a very natural and informal way causing no distress to mum.
The manager and all staff are always available to support.
All the facilities are bright, modern and clean. We secured mum a place we were able to personalise mums room to her taste.
Mum is so happy and has settled in due to all the support from staff who listen and engage so positively with her.
Mum can't wait to attend all the events that are coming up and as a family, we feel so lucky to have found Ash Tree that meets her needs beautifully.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

From the moment we walked into Ash Tree House we knew it felt right for mum - a modern and young at heart hotel.
We were allowed to decorate and personalise mum’s room. We moved mum into Ash Tree House at the beginning of February 2017 and immediately she cried tears of happiness. She said, “this place is like heaven”.
The staff are by far the best asset to Ash Tree House. They are always friendly and polite no matter the time of day. They are not only competent but also compassionate and this must be difficult over long and demanding shifts. The staff are simply excellent.
I love the fact that I am able to visit my mum anytime and to stay with her as long as I want. I can sit in her room, in one of the quiet places or share fun time in the communal lounge. It means I can get to know the staff and residents, which ultimately helps mum settle into her new home. It is early days but slowly and surely it feels like everyone has become part of my family.
PS: I want to write more!

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Mam has been there for three years and the care and attention has been first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

My mother was fortunate by being the first resident to move into the 'new' Ash Tree House in May 2013. She immediately felt safe and at home in her surroundings. I have nothing but the utmost praise for all the staff. She is treated with the respect she deserves, dignity and kindness by all the staff. They are all extremely caring and helpful in all respects. The building is spotless, beautiful furnishings and pleasant rooms with excellent facilities. My mum considers herself to be very fortunate to be living there. The inspection has shown it is excellent and I agree with that decision.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law have received excellent care. All of their needs have been met by all the staff in a professional and caring way. The home is always clean, neat and all residents seem very happy and settled.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

All the staff are great, nothing is too much trouble. The management has dealt with all my problems and issues. The home itself is lovely and clean. They all take pride in what they do and the care for my husband is outstanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

I visit my wife everyday as it is so near to where I live. Every time I go I am always greeted with a smile and friendliness from the staff and I am made to feel welcome. The staff always keep me in the picture about what my wife has done that day. I cannot fault the staff, they are all so brilliant with the patients. These are my comments so I hope they are useful to you.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Overall satisfactory. Including staff which are very good. Food could be improved a lot, very mundane.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Ash Tree House responded to this review on 12 May 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Ash Tree House. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review, we have been in touch with the Home Manager to discuss the points you have raised. Our team at Ash Tree House will be in direct contact with you, to arrange a meeting to discuss your specific concerns and ensure they are resolved fully. Ideal Carehomes have recently employed three Regional Activities Executives who are assisting our homes to organise a varied range of activities. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

My mum went into Ash Tree as an emergency due to my dad struggling to cope. The home has been fantastic.The change in my mum is wonderful to see. She seems to have got a new lease of life. The staff are great. We as a family can't thank the Home Manager enough for helping us when no one else would. The residents are well looked after as our families when they visit. Plenty of activities for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Mum gets excellent care and attention. She participates in the full range of activities. She has gained a little weight due to the fabulous food she is provided with. Staff could do with checking of stained bed linen more frequently but that is my only criticism. A lovely home and lovely caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Ash Tree House responded to this review on 14 Apr 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Ash Tree House. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and we are pleased to learn you are happy with home and the care provided. We have been in touch with the home who has advised new linen has already been ordered. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

Ash Tree House is a lovely clean, warm and welcoming home. The cleanliness of the home and residents is impeccable. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and provide excellent care.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Staff seem to be a bit thin on the ground at the weekend and because of the limited numbers they don't have the time to see to residents, only this is not a reflection on them personally.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Ash Tree House responded to this review on 05 Feb 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Ash Tree House. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review, we have been in touch with the Home Manager who will contact you directly regarding your concerns. Ideal Carehomes has recently employed three Regional Activities Executives who are tasked with assisting our homes to organise a varied range of activities including trips out for residents. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

Staff are friendly, caring and supportive to residents and family. The residents are treated with respect and dignity and are looked after well. The rooms are warm, bright and cheerful and residents can have their own belongings/ furniture from their own home, which makes it feel like 'home'. The meals are excellent with a choice. There are activities for residents to take part in if they wish

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

I visit Ash Tree House regularly to visit my brother-in-law. The dedication and friendship shown by all the staff is amazing. On admission to Ash Tree my sister was very concerned that he would not be happy there, but he has settled in and now refers to Ash Tree House as home. I have visited several nursing and retirement homes over the years and I can honestly say that I have never felt such a warm, loving and caring atmosphere as that shown at Ashe Tree House. This does not only apply to the residents but also to the families and friends who visit. You manager and all the staff deserve massive praise and thanks for their untiring efforts to make Ash Tree a happy friendly and loving home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

My experience with Ash Tree House is truly amazing. My husband went into Ash Tree in October and the care he has received has been exemplary. The manager is brilliant, at first I was so upset about my husband going into care but she was wonderful in reassuring me he would settle (which he has) she is always so caring and any problems you have she deals with immediately, a wonderful manager. The deputy manager is also really great and he is so helpful. All the carers are really tremendous and nothing is too much trouble for any of them with the wonderful love and care they show. I know my husband couldn't be in a better place.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Excellent care provided by staff at Ash Tree House, no complaints.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

My husband has been very happy and settled at Ash Tree House. The staff have always provided excellent care and we have never had any issues with them. It has given my family and myself great peace of mind to know that my husband has been well cared for during his time there. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

My mum came into Ash Tree House December 2013 for 2 weeks but was made permanent in January 2014. The care team are very good and also the management. The room and the food are excellent the overall standard is excellent. Since moving in she has been well looked after, my mum has anxiety problems but the staff have been very good with her. The cleanliness of Ash Tree House is excellent. I am so pleased my mum is in Ash Tree House she is well looked after and I have no worries of her wellbeing and also the safety or security of the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

My father came to Ashtree in October 2015. I have one word to sum up our experience so far "Excellent", from the friendly greeting from the receptionist, the amazing help from the manager and the assistant manager to all the care staff, cleaners, laundry staff and kitchen staff. Everyone is amazing. The facilities and activities are fantastic. Ashtree feels like a real home from home. After two weeks dad started referring to it as home. Ashtree has made the transition of dad moving into a care home easier than I could have expected. A massive thank you to everyone who works there.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

The best residential home we have seen, staff knowledgeable and competent with all aspects of care. Friendly atmosphere. Regular activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Overall we are pleased with the home, the care and everything else at Ash Tree. More importantly is my mother is pleased and feels safe and well looked after. Thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Extremely Likely

Good service from the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ash Tree House? Likely

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Ash Tree House. My mum is so well cared for and so settled. It’s never easy seeing your parent go into a care home but Ash Tree House made the whole thing so much better than it was. The staff are wonderful. Really pleased we were able to get mum a place here.

Submit a Review for Ash Tree House

Jordan

Jordan Dean

Job Title: Front Of House Manager

Joined: 2017

“I go home at the end of each day knowing I have made a real difference to our residents and their families.”

Jordan joined Ash Tree House in January 2017 having previously worked as a Client Care Administrator at a firm of solicitors. She is now happy to be working within a role that is both personable and provides job satisfaction at the end of each day. Jordan works closely with the staff team to ensure that each resident feels happy and content in their home here at Ash Tree House and is always on hand to help with any enquiries. As Front of House Manager she also works with the Regional Activities Executive to make sure that all residents are taking part in activities that they have an interest in and enjoy. She really enjoys getting to know all of the residents and families, so feel free to pop into reception for a cuppa and a chat anytime.

Kathryn

Kathryn Disley

“Ash Tree House really is a great place to live. Each member of staff is dedicated to the residents who live with us – we are like a family and there is always something fun going on.”

Kathryn has over 26 years’ experience in residential settings and has been working with Ideal Carehomes for over four years. She prides herself on her empathetic approach and caring nature. She strives for excellence and exceptional quality care for the residents that live at Ash Tree House and their families. Her passion and knowledge of outstanding dementia care reflects in her dedication to her role and that of her team.
Kath holds NVQ Levels 2, 3 and 4 in Health and Social Care and a Diploma Level 5 in Leadership and Management. She completed the ‘Your Ideal Future’ Management Training Course which helped her progress from Deputy Manager to Home Manager in January 2015.
Kath and the team at Ash Tree House are always ready to welcome visitors with a cuppa, why not pop in and say hello?

Paul

Paul Fletcher

Job Title: Regional Director - North West

“I am passionate about creating great places to live by supporting our great team of care staff and ensuring our residents’ receive the best quality care in our homes.”

Paul has worked for the LNT Group for over 6 years. He first joined Ideal Carehomes in 2010 as a Home Manager, having previously managed the home when it was operated by Orchard Care Homes. Paul soon became a valued member of the team and managed two different Ideal Carehomes before being promoted to Area Manager in January 2012. Given his wealth of knowledge and experience as Area Manager, Paul was a prime candidate to become Regional Director in 2015. In this role, Paul takes a strategic lead in the oversight and development of our care homes.
Paul can frequently be found in the homes enjoying a cup of tea with residents and their families to better understand their needs whilst supporting the Home Manager to create aspirational lifestyle choices for our residents and overseeing all aspects of compliance. He gets a lot satisfaction knowing that the small changes he makes are supplementing the already excellent care being provided in the homes.
Paul has completed his NVQ Level 4 Leadership and Management in Care Services (equivalent to current NVQ Level 5) and Qualifications & Credit Framework Level 7 in Leadership and Development for Senior Management.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ash Tree House