Signature The Beeches

London Road, Brentwood CM14 4NA

The award-winning team at the Beeches offers a warm welcome to all. Headed up by a very experienced General Manager Penny Hammond, The Beeches is a care home like no other in the area. The Home is purpose built and offers exceptional accommodation, which is affordable but of a very high standard.

A typical one bedroom suite offers a bedroom and separate lounge and kitchen with a full en-suite wet room and is unique as it offers double the space of most care homes and is ideal for those wanting extra room or couples who want to stay together. They also have smaller studios for those who prefer something more cosy. Their rooms come unfurnished allowing residents to bring those special pieces of their home with them, something they find helps the settling in process significantly.

Life at the Beeches is all about making it feel like home. They have not one but two outstanding restaurants, the menu being dictated by current residents. They have a full blown cinema which is in constant use and quite often by visiting grandchildren. They have a large activities team who provide trips out, visiting speakers, one to one and activities which are again chosen by the resident committee.

Although the Beeches has outstanding facilities, the Home is all about the care it provides. Residents range from those who are relatively independent and still drive, to those who require respite, full nursing, dementia or end of life care and they pride themselves on providing discreet support in a place which is not institutional but as much like home as they can make it. Professionals believe it is how they care that sets them apart from other homes, Dignity, Encouraging Independence, Involving Family and Friends, are part of the fabric of the Beeches and they hope that these values are echoed in the recommendations received.

Group: Signature Senior Lifestyle Ltd

Person in charge: Penny Hammond (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 110 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

From M25 Junction 28 towards Brentwood High Street, The Beeches can be found on the right down Hubert Road.
From Brentwood High Street towards the M25 The Beeches can be found on the left opposite the BT building

Appointments are not always necessary just pop in for a coffee and a chat to discuss your situation.

A car park is on site.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Signature The Beeches: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Signature The Beeches is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 61 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Signature The Beeches in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 28 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.736 for Signature The Beeches is calculated as follows: ( (557 Excellents x 5) + (149 Goods x 4) + (20 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 727 Ratings = 4.736

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Signature The Beeches is based on 28 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 22 positive Reviews (110 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 28 Reviews ÷ 22 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Signature The Beeches has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.736) from 61 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Signature The Beeches?

Reviewer Connection to Signature The Beeches

• Partner of Resident/Service User

The Beeches is a welcoming, warm and friendly place, offering a positive and supportive environment for the residents and their families.
My parents moved there in September 2017 and have been treated with great respect and dignity by everyone.
The staff have bent over backwards to keep my parents together, despite their varied and disparate mental, emotional and physical needs.
They have helped my father to gain a better understanding of my mother's dementia.
They have provided a great deal of emotional support to all of us as we adjust to this latest stage in my parent's lives.
The staff are without exception kind, thoughtful, considerate and above all empathetic and professional.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

First class experience from the first day when we visited the facility to check suitability for our father. The most impressive part is the staff at all levels of the organisation and the way they work as a team.
The result has been that our father has been very happy to be here despite all the reservations he had about entering a care home before he came here.
In fact, compared with other care homes, The Beeches doesn't come across as a care home, it is more like a hotel with animation and participation from a professional, caring and smiling staff attentive to the individual needs of their guests.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My wife developed dementia and I was to be the carer but I had to go into hospital for open heart surgery to replace the aortic valve and do a bypass so I had to sell my house so we both could go into care at Beeches.
Her dementia got steadily worse and she eventually died on 25th October 2017.
During this time she was cared for 24 hours a day, kept clean, despite being doubly incontinent and a dementia case.
The carers without exception were patient, sympathetic and she lacked for nothing.
This I feel shows they were all sympathetic and patient to a very high degree regardless of the demands.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My initial impression of the management and the staff working in The Beeches was very good, which is why I chose to bring my father to look around. I think that we both felt comfortable here because it was obvious that the caring and warm approach to residents came directly from the top.
The staff work hard and have a very 'can do' attitude which contributes enormously to the well being of the residents. The time my father has spent here has been precious.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

I have found all the staff at The Beeches very welcoming. Extremely polite and eager to settle my father into his new surroundings. The catering staff and housekeeping staff are very friendly and always address my father by his name and stop to chat. The caregivers are all attentive and cheerful and have encouraged my father to take part in activities when he so desires. The management and reception are always willing to help and make time to talk.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Friendly staff. Always clean and food, drink and content. Good.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Dad moved into The Beeches aged 97. He settled very quickly. It is difficult to fault the care and facilities provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

The last 5 months that my mother spent in The Beeches has exceeded our wildest dreams. The level of care has been excellent and she enjoyed her stay enormously.
As a family, we found all staff so kind and caring. It made a difficult time so much easier to bear.
We cannot thank the general manager, dementia care manager and all the staff enough.
We will not hesitate to recommend The Beeches in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

18 months ago my sister and I placed our friend into residential care as he was suffering with Parkinson’s disease and Dementia and unable to remain in his own home. He sadly passed away just before Christmas but this review is written knowing we made the right decision.
From day one at The Beeches, our friend, my sister and I were treated with dignity and respect and it was clear he had come into a setting that made him feel comfortable and able to attend to all his needs.
My sister and I visited separately and would be there frequently and can only offer praise to the team on Woodlands at The Beeches. The Dementia Care manager is both professional and caring and this continued throughout. No request was ever a problem for her.
We could list individual team members but that would be unfair as there were many that had care responsibility for our friend and we would not want to omit anyone. However, we are so pleased we made this choice for our friend.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Since my grandparents have come to The Beeches, it has given them a new lease of life. They have been welcomed into the home by the kind, helpful and attentive staff that work here - they have been amazing in looking after their well-being and making sure that they are happy and feel safe. The activities team go to great lengths to make things fun and get everyone involved - they have great entertainment every week. All of the staff dressed up for Halloween and it was so much fun for the residents. The food in the restaurant is lovely and I have seen a huge improvement in my grandad's appetite, equally resulting in a huge improvement in his day-to-day energy. The Beeches has made an unbelievable difference to their everyday lifestyle and we are all extremely thankful for this. Visiting our grandparents is now a real pleasure and allows us to spend real quality time with them - I no longer feel bad leaving them like I do at home, as I know they are safe and being so well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My father moved into Woodlands at The Beeches in June. He had Alheimer's for approximately 3 years and had not really spoken or interacted for the past year. After spending a few weeks at The Beeches getting to know the carers and his new routine, my dad started to talk to us again. The carers were fully qualified to know how to assist him emotionally as well as physically and took time to always help.

Unfortunately, my dad passed away on 11th October. He was looked after with respect and dignity, along with full medical care to keep him comfortable to the end. I was also given a much appreciated huge amount of support.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

I was utterly surprised when my daughter brought me here, having left an inadequate home previously. The kindness and patience of staff was both surprising and lovely and may I say the food is delightful! I have become quite greedy here!

The entertainment is excellent! Laundry is always cared for well, and my room is very pleasant.

Very very happy to be here and call this my home now!

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My father in law is 88 and was quite poorly. Immediately he arrived he was given so much attention and care it was overwhelming. The care staff were remarkable making him feel very special and they sorted out his needs straight away by getting medication very quickly, avoiding a bad chest infection. Within days we've seen a huge difference, his appetite has improved, the food is great and the restaurant staff very attentive. This has completely changed our perception of care homes, it is more like a five-star hotel with carers. I feel relieved that he is being well looked after and in a safe environment. It is so nice to see him enjoying himself again with all the lovely activities and socialising with people his own age he honestly has not stopped smiling.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My parents finally agreed to move into The Beeches after my father had two stays in hospital in 2 months - they were in Somerset, my sister and I live in Essex. He had developed a chest infection prior to the move, which was picked up by the staff immediately by the staff so he saw the doctor very quickly for a second course of antibiotics. Despite this, he deteriorated so they called the ambulance. He was in hospital for over a week. I believe if he has not been in The Beeches where his health is monitored very closely, the infection would have got far worse and may well have caused his demise.

All carers are very positive, upbeat and seem genuinely caring. They spend time talking to them so real relationships have formed very quickly. The physical care is also excellent. Management are also hands on and impressive.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

I came in 'The Beeches' for respite care. Unfortunately, I fractured my wrist so stayed here longer than first planned.
The treatment and care here was excellent, I return home greatly improved.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My 99-year-old mother has been a resident at The Beeches for nearly 3 years. She has her own apartment so has her independence but at the same time carers, housekeeping, medical staff, maintenance people and activities staff are always on hand. In all the time she has been at The Beeches, the staff have been caring, helpful and cheerful. The meals with plenty of choices are served to the residents, there is a lovely garden and a happy atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

It is quite a traumatic experience for both the person entering a care home and the family leaving them there. The staff and management at Signature The Beeches made the transition as painless as possible. Friendly, caring and supportive, nothing was too much trouble for the carers. The residents are happy, smiling, friendly and well taken care of in clean and comfortable surroundings. Fantastic atmosphere, beautiful surroundings, excellent service.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My parents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary together in The Beeches on the 14th June. The staff all helped to make the day a truly memorable one for them both. They organised flowers, cake, balloons, bubbly and music along with a small celebration with other residents. Dad had no idea any of this was happening so was amazed and truly overwhelmed by their kindness and generosity. My brother and I cannot thank or praise the staff enough for all the help we received. A massive thank you goes to The Beeches staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Jessica Kemp, Client Liaison Manager at Signature The Beeches responded to this review on 26 Jun 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words, we wanted to make the day special for them both and we are so glad they enjoyed it. It was an honour to celebrate their 65 year anniversary with them.

My mother was at Signature The Beeches until she recently passed away due to dementia. She was probably one of the more challenging residents due to the way dementia affected her. I cannot recommend this care home enough for the way she was cared for. We, as a family, also felt very cared for throughout a distressing time in our lives. It was a wonderful place to be able to visit with family members, lots of places to sit with a relative privately and spend time with them in a beautiful environment. The level of care is second to none and you do feel part of a very special place. Attention to detail is everywhere but especially to the things in life which really matter. I could go home knowing my mum was in the best hands she could be, which is priceless.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Beeches has been for my partner and I the most wonderful fine, without the support of Beeches and the staff I would not have been able to carry on.
My partner who is 70 has had dementia for five years and attend Beeches three days a week. He loves the staff who treat him with much respect and kindness.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Enjoyed my respite stay at The Beeches.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Likely

Whilst I have only been in Signature The Beeches since mid-April to now, I have found myself very happy and contented here. Any problems have been quickly resolved and made to feel at home. I am not easy to please where food is concerned but I have no complaints where that is concerned. Room facilities are excellent and would recommend to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

This is an excellent home for my brother's dementia. The staff are excellent in their care resposibility. The facility is very well maintained and clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Treated nicely, when I fell over they looked after me marvellously. The carers and other staff are very, very good. I feel at home here with my friends and the food is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My parents came together in August 2015 and I cannot have been happier and confident about their care here.
My mother was struggling at their home. Not only did they make the last few months of my father's life comfortable but his care was outstanding. My mother has remained and I am confident that this is the best place for her.
She has found a place which gives her independence but also care when needed. The staff are friendly including reception and cleaning staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Couldn't be more pleased with the standard of care my brother in law is receiving. Staff are in tune with his every need and are alert to any warning signs that he is stressed.
Very caring indeed.
The standard of his room and home in general is very high and makes our visits much more pleasant.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Moving from the country of Sussex to Essex was life changing, but the best move I ever made. Friends made with residents and staff have been my lifeline.
The Beeches are the best and deserve awards for their friendliness and caring.

Thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

I found the staff members of all the teams so welcoming and keen to help.

Although this was a short visit, I would be coming again, and have stopped looking at any other care homes in the area.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Jessica Kemp, Client Liaison Manager at Signature The Beeches responded to this review on 28 Apr 2017:

We are so happy you enjoyed your taste of "life at The Beeches" and are glad you have decided to become a resident next time you return. We are looking forward to catching up with you over the summer to see your lovely grandaughter's wedding photographs (along with some tea and cake of course).

I came to The Beeches following a major foot operation. I had a lovely comfortable suite and all the care I needed. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed all the food.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

It has helped us too much being here. I have someone to help me with my husband as things got so hard to do it if my husband had a fall etc.
The staff are so helpful and pleasant and care us so well.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Jessica, Client Liaison Manager at Signature The Beeches responded to this review on 13 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you and your husband are enjoying life at The Beeches and we are glad we have helped you both so much.

Highly recommend The Beeches, excellent care excellent staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your kind response, we are so happy you are settling in so well to life at The Beeches.

Excellent facilities and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Jessica, Client Liaison Manager at Signature The Beeches responded to this review on 10 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy you have enjoyed your time with us here at The Beeches and are taking advantage of our lovely restaurants and activities.

A good care home with good room and good service.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Jessica Kemp, Client Liaison Manager at Signature The Beeches responded to this review on 15 Feb 2017:

Thank you, Derek, for your review, it is a pleasure to have you both here with us at The Beeches.

A nice place to live.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Dear Lucy, Thank you for your kind review it is a pleasure to have you living with us at The Beeches.

Choosing a care home isn't easy - and to an extent, we went by instinct. Did the decor match the standards Mum was used to? (Yes), ensuite room? (Yes), lots of activities? (yes). Did it feel 'right'? - Yes. My brother and I agreed, and our mother's siblings also agreed. Mum has been at The Beeches since Nov 2013.

Mum arrived at The Beeches following 18 days in hospital, with a new hip, broken wrist, and suspected dementia. (Later confirmed). She was struggling and took a while to settle in - but with the care and attention she received by Jan 2014 she was a different woman. She's made friends, she participates in various activities and she particularly enjoys music.

March 2015 and the team at The Beeches were wonderful in assisting us to celebrate her 80th Birthday, with cake, birthday tea, and suitable decorations.

The team are good at keeping us informed of what's happening and assisting with any problems.

We are extremely satisfied with The Beeches

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Being in The Beeches has given my mum a completely new lease of life. I truly believe she has extended her life due to the care and companionship she receives here. I cannot praise the staff enough for her care and compassion shown. She particularly enjoys the 'poker' nights.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

I looked for some time for a pleasant day centre for my partner who has Lewy Body Dementia. Most of which were grim, however, as soon as we walked through the doors of Signature The Beeches, I knew that this was the one! It is beautiful. The managers, staff, cleanliness, surroundings and most of all the loving care are fantastic. I felt my partner is safe and well cared for each week when I drop him off to give me some time.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

First class. Help was always on hand when you needed it but you were allowed to be as independent as you wanted. The food was excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful in all ways. Management was efficient in all respects and whilst our stay was only short we felt welcomed and part of a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Everything was first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

An absolute par-excellent care home that shows efficiency, professionalism, but, above all, compassion. All staff - management and carers - are warm, compassionate and caring employees that showed my sister-in-law loves and treated her with the utmost dignity. They also showed the same qualities to her family.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Everyone was a life saver to me, offering medical care and support post op. I cant thank you enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Very helpful and very satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

I have been here as a resident now for two years and two months and I love it. The love and dedication of the staff is beyond ordinary praise. The activities could be improved as they were better when I first came than they are now. Too many repeat pop singers. The activities programme so often at fault as regards time and cancellations. My overall feeling for the place is that I could not do better anywhere else. Rooms, food and drink are good and varied. Praise must also be given for decor and dining room staff. Very well run dining rooms.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Robin Longman, Client Liaison Manager at Signature The Beeches responded to this review on 03 May 2016:

Dear Katri, thank you for your kind review. Your comments have been taken onboard as we are constantly striving to make our resident's experience of living at The Beeches as positive as possible.

Mother is very happy at The Beeches and I am pleased that she is well looked after and at a level of care and comfort that I feel confident that she is receiving the best care and comfort available. We had researched other residential care homes within Brentwood/Chelmsford area etc and found The Beeches to be the best, the staff are excellent, the rooms, facilities are of a high standard and I can rest assured in the knowledge that mother is being very well taken care of and that all her needs are being met and she is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

We researched the care homes in Chelmsford/Braintree/Brentwood area and found The Beeches to be the best by far. Excellent care, friendly staff, very helpful management, fabulous surroundings but most of all my mother is happy and very content in her new home. Her family feel she is safe and secure and really enjoying the last years of her life as she deserves.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Very good care. Unsure about changing but settled in very well. Have everything I need. Everyone is very caring and considerate. In fact all is very good with nothing to complain about, only complimentary. Very good all round care. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Excellent residential/care home built for purpose. Great atmosphere extremely well run all round helpful, friendly and committed service.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

I came here from hospital as there was no one at home to look after me. Everything/one was very good and most helpful towards me and helped a great deal with my recovery.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Very happy with stay but feel it is rather expensive, would not be able to do on a regular basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Wonderful care and attention. We were in residence at The Beeches. The staff and management were without fault always sincere, caring and attentive at all times, especially the final three weeks when everyone went the extra mile to ensure that my husband did not suffer in anyway, and my needs were always cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My husband and i came to Signature The Beeches for one month. I had been ill and unable to look after him. The care he has received has been good to excellent. I feel better in my health after our stay. If we needed respite care again we would definitely come back again.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Likely

My uncle was a resident for a very short period 23rd December 2015 to 19th January 2016 but I can say without any doubt that the care he received was outstanding. His care while in hospital was diabolical. From the moment he arrived at The Beeches he and our family was made welcome by every member of staff that we had contact with. The home is beautifully clean and well maintained and nothing was ever a problem. I can honestly say that the staff in The Woodlands could not have done anymore for my uncle than they did. I could not be there all the time but I was constantly updated on his condition. He died with dignity and they managed to let me know so I could be with him. I would recommend this home to anyone without hesitation.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

My father went into The Beeches respite care for two weeks. From start to finish from the receptionist to the admin staff, to the cleaners, to the carers he was treated with the utmost respect and friendliness. The home was spotless and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

We booked out 3rd floor lounge area for a family get together. We supplied our own food and treated the areas as our own front room. We had a great time with my mother and she enjoyed being with myself and my brother and our children and grandchildren. We felt very comfortable and felt that it was a great area to hold family get together's. We have had a couple of these gatherings and it works so well in the area. The lounge is not wildly used which is a shame not to utilise. Maybe it might be a good idea to offer the room out.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

The care my mother received at The Beeches in the last weeks of her life was superb. Every member of staff knew her by name and they all dealt with her appropriately; she was nervous about being there when she first arrived but the staff went out of their way to make her feel comfortable and welcome. In the three weeks she was there she put on weight, various skin problems were sorted and she ended up looking and sounding better than she had for months. Her sudden death from a heart attack shocked and saddened the staff, and they were all very supportive to me and the rest of mum's family. I cannot praise The Beeches highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

The staff and management are very good, help full in all areas. The cleaners is A1 it is a pleasure to stay here. The staff go out of their way to make your stay long or short pleasurable.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Jessica Kemp, Client Liaison Manager at Signature The Beeches responded to this review on 03 Dec 2015:

We hope you had a wonderful stay with us and hope you come back in the future as it was a pleasure to have you.

My stay at The Beeches has been a real experience of care, kindness and love.
The staff have been helpful and giving all the time.
I'd look backward to my stay here with pleasure and wouldn't hesitate to come back if necessary.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Excellent stay - cannot fault it in any way.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

Geoff Pride, Client Liaison Manager at Signature The Beeches responded to this review on 08 Dec 2015:

Thank you for the review. We really enjoyed looking after you and hope to see you again soon.

Mum found the location, facilities and staff to be excellent and is very keen to go and stay again. Mum states everything was all good and all the staff were friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Extremely Likely

I really enjoyed my stay at The Beeches even only for a short stay. The staff were very caring and supportive. The facilities that I needed were all provided by the home. I strongly recommend this home to live in.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature The Beeches? Likely

The Beeches is a wonderful place for my mother to live out the rest of her life. The building itself is very pleasing - more like a hotel than a residential/nursing home. The activities team offer a wide range of bingo for residents to take part in and there is a cinema and cafe for the residents to socialise with each other and visitors. There are 2 restaurants providing very good food with lots of menu choices and a team of staff who wait on the residents. The nursing and caring staff are all excellent and most importantly very caring and patient. I have complete peace of mind knowing that they will take great care of my mother and keep her safe for me.

Submit a Review for Signature The Beeches

Sommer

Sommer Turner

Job Title: Client Liaison Manager

Joined: 2018

It is my role to meet with people who are looking at care choices for either themselves or for a loved one, providing advice and guidance at what can be a very challenging and emotional time.
I am proud to invite people to look around our lovely community at The Beeches and to see for themselves how our residents' lives are enhanced with the care and support each person receives.
I find it so rewarding to see our new residents settle in to their new lifestyle in our stunning environment and I am very proud to be part of a fantastic team.

Penny

Penny Hammond

Job Title: General Manager.

Joined: 2015

As a new manager to the signature team at the beeches in Brentwood, I have been asked to write a short bio about myself. It's been a while since I have reflected on my time in the healthcare setting and having spent a bit of time looking back over the last 35 years I have no idea, like most people how it went by so quickly.

Having started out at 16 as a nursery nurse I had no yearning to be a nurse until I became a patient at the tender age of 17. I sort of fell into it without any real plans for a career pathway, just knew that I liked looking after people and I realized I was actually quite good at it.

As a general nurse, i did a bit of everything in the initial years after qualifying in Newham, east London. Surgery, medicine, orthopaedics and casualty. After a short spell in the private sector in Londons famous Harley street, I joined Pontins as the camp nurse. 3 hi de hi years later I was still having a great time in the summer months and flitting about the country as an agency nurse in the winter. I had some great jobs in Birmingham, Norwich and finally the Birdseye factory in Great Yarmouth ( not packing fish fingers, still nursing!).

While working as an agency nurse I was persuaded to join the team in Newham as a ward sister on a medical ward. It was an 8 year journey and a half with the arrival of Aids, the ward became a bit of a specialist unit for the young people who had illnesses related to aids and other illnesses that often became end of life conditions.

After a couple of years as a district nurse, i accepted a general managers role in a care home and that's me for the next 18 years. I am now in my 4th General Manager role, and still enjoying the challenges every day brings. Dementia care has been a real part of my personal journey, and I was privileged to care for very young people with dementia aged 34 to 65 in my last care home.

Joining the team at the beeches is a great place to be. The signature care settings are amazing and I look forward to enjoying the people who live and work in the beeches community and being part of a team who really make a difference to the people they care for.

Alison

Alison Jayawardena

Job Title: Care Services Manager

Joined: 2014

Alison qualified as a Registered Nurse in 1986 from St Batholomew’s Hospital, London. After a years freshers experience looked for a new challenge in cardio-thoracic medical and surgical nursing at The London Chest and gained post basic qualification, before moving back to “Barts” as a Night Sister.

Alison spent 24 years in high profile private healthcare units, within 2 large acute London Hospital Trusts gaining experience from ward manager to senior nurse before going into operational management.

She joined the welcoming, knowledgeable, caring and dynamic team at The Beeches in January 2015 as Care Services Manager and already the role fits my interests ,skills and experience “ like a glove”.

I am truly proud to be part of an organization such as Signature, which embeds such key areas of quality and dedicated care into the lives of our residents and their families. This is why I joined the nursing profession and now I am able to really make a difference at such important, sensitive and private times in people’s lives and to offer support ,direction and information to all members of the care team. It is a real privilege to be part of the team here at The Beeche

Klara

Klara Scally

Job Title: Nursing Care Manager

Joined: 2015

I have worked in St Andrew's Centre for 13 years; this is the regional burns and plastics surgery unit for the South East of England. While I worked here I completed a specialist burns and plastic course. I have a passion for wound care. I loved my time in the NHS.In 2013 I relocated and ended up working for an agency where I got my first taste of working in a nursing home. I have never looked back. I am very excited about my new position within The Beeches, and my career within Signature Senior Lifestyle.

Jana

Jana Krapkova

Job Title: Dementia Care Manager

Joined: 2015

After finishing a Business Course in the Czech Republic I started as a carer in a care home looking after people with mental health problems.

When I moved to England back in 2007 I was recruited by Bupa. I originally worked as a carer in an elderly care home near Watford, my manager at that time offered me the position of Senior Carer/Training Co-ordinator at a home in Romford so I relocated to Essex.
At this nursing home, I was looking after young physically disabled clients and I found my passion for palliative care as we worked closely with St Francis Hospice.

A few years later I was promoted to Home Based Trainer and provided mandatory training to all staff, during this time I had the opportunity to travel around different homes in the area and to study a course provided by Bradford University called “Person First, Dementia Second”, after that I knew I had to go back into care as I wanted to make a difference.

I have been at Signature The Beeches since October 2015, I started as a Lead Carer and have now worked my way up to Dementia Care Manager. I love it here and really feel like I make a difference to the residents.

Jessica

Jessica Kemp

Job Title: Client Liaison Manager

Joined: 2015

I relocated to Brentwood from Wirral in Cheshire back in September and joined The Beeches a short time later.

It is my role to meet with families who are looking at care choices for a loved one. I am very passionate about providing advice and guidance throughout the whole process at a very emotional and challenging time.

I find it so rewarding to see our new residents settle in to their new lifestyle in our stunning environment. Here at The Beeches we have a lovely community and I am very proud to be part of the team.

Sharon

Sharon Bishop

Job Title: Restaurant Manager

Joined: 2013

Sharon Bishop make sure that not only are our residents well fed, but that the dining experience is a top quality and thoroughly enjoyable one for them and their guests. Our Head Chef has been widely applauded for his creative and “absolutely sumptuous” fare by all that have tasted it and Sharon ensures that the restaurant is well managed with diners being served by experienced and friendly waiting staff. Our residents enjoy both nutritious food rich in all the vital minerals and vitamins they require together with a wide choice for all needs and desires on a daily basis.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Signature The Beeches