Cherry Wood Grange Care Home

Writtle Road, Chelmsford CM2 0FZ

Cherry Wood Grange is a beautiful new care home opening in Autumn 2017 in the heart of Chelmsford city centre. Those who choose to make Cherry Wood Grange their home will benefit from high-quality residential, nursing and dementia care, focused on improving well-being and overall quality of life.

Being in the centre of Chelmsford means residents will be able to be part of their community, maintaining independence, local experiences and connections, whilst enjoying an exquisite and elegant home with many beautiful features and outstanding facilities.

Residents at Cherry Wood Grange will benefit from exceptional care that is highly personalised to an individual’s needs. Holding registration for all three levels of care will mean residents should never find themselves in a situation where the home is unable to care for them should their needs change - offering peace of mind for everyone.

Group: Carebase Ltd

Person in charge: Anna Allen (Registered Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 65 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Cherry Wood Grange Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Cherry Wood Grange Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cherry Wood Grange Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.916 for Cherry Wood Grange Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (87 Excellents x 5) + (8 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 95 Ratings = 4.916

The 4.615 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cherry Wood Grange Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13 positive Reviews (65 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 13 Target = 0.615

9.5 Cherry Wood Grange Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.531) from 8 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cherry Wood Grange Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Cherry Wood Grange Care Home

• Respite Resident/Service User

My husband was 46 years old with end-stage brain cancer when we made the heartbreaking decision to move him into a nursing home.

From the moment we arrived at Cherry Wood Grange we felt at "home" and I always felt my husband was being cared for to the highest of standards by the wonderful staff. Sadly my husband passed away 4 weeks after arriving but every day the staff treated him with dignity and respect but more importantly love and kindness.

Cherry Wood Grange is built and furnished to an exceptional standard and as a resident or family member, you could not want for more. The food is prepared to a very high quality and would not be out of place in a high-end restaurant. There are daily activity sessions for all to get involved with, even the visitors!!

But in all honesty, it is the staff that truly make Cherry Wood Grange the amazing care home that it is.

Without hesitation, I would highly recommend Cherry Wood Grange to any of my family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Wood Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My grandchildren, daughter-in-law and I enjoyed a wonderful Mad Hatter's Tea Party with my mother on Easter Sunday. The staff made us feel very welcome. The buffet provided a good variety and was of a high quality. The home had been decorated for Easter and the room where we enjoyed our food was decorated to reflect the Mad Hatter's Tea Party in Alice in Wonderland. The residents were all given an Easter Egg and the visiting children were encouraged to hunt for eggs. It was a lovely family occasion, my mother was made to feel very special.

My father-in-law was diagnosed with dementia some years ago and when he lost his beloved wife, his world started to crumble. He lived a long way from family and although he had wonderful support from neighbours, he was confused, lonely, frustrated and sad. He gradually deteriorated and stopped eating properly, his personal care was poor and he became extremely vulnerable.
However, when we arrived at Cherry Wood the welcome could not have been warmer! Every member of staff was delightful and this has been true thereafter - they are kind, thoughtful and caring and the entertainments team are energetic and inventive. The food is delicious and the décor and atmosphere is literally home from home.
My father-in-law settled immediately, made lots of new friends and now his days are happily spent in the company of others, with great food, wonderful care and fun things to do. He is a changed person; the lonely, sad and vulnerable man has become a happy, outgoing, social gentleman. It is truly a joy to see.

On the first two weeks, I have been visiting this home, I have found it to be a first-class environment for older people. The residents are treated with dignity, care and indeed loving affection and the folk are being united into a 'family' to try and make up for the loss of their own families. No one need feel alone, but privacy is respected. Physical, mental, emotional and social care is first class also.

I did not want to leave my bungalow in Kent even though I was finding the going rather rough. My dear wife having passed away two years ago and the shakes getting so bad that sometimes I could not even make a cup of tea in the mornings and my legs getting worse. I, at last, listened to the reason of my niece and her husband who lived in Chelmsford and had the trouble of the Dartford crossing and the M25 to contend with to visit. With no children of my own, my niece was my nearest relative and a real gold mine for assistance. She spotted Cherry Wood being built and finally talked me into letting go and trying it. She came in and booked a room and took photographs of it to show me. I was transported one Sunday to view. Liked it and moved in on the 20th January. The best thing I have ever done for myself. The place is perfect.
Good food, good carers and within a week I was at home. The best thing I have ever done and the best place to come to. I am a fan of Cherry Wood.

My friend was the fourth person to move into this home which only opened in December 2017. I have been very impressed so far, with everything at Cherry Wood Grange. The receptionist is delightful, all the staff are courteous and caring, without being intrusive, and this is the only care home I have visited that doesn't feel institutionalised. My friend has settled well and has decided to stay long term. I think we have been extraordinarily lucky to find Cherry Wood Grange.

We could not be more satisfied with the care our relative is receiving from Cherry Wood Grange. The home is spotless, beautifully decorated, warm and friendly - all the staff are endlessly helpful and ensure we are kept up to date on our mum’s condition. She has a lovely little garden, fenced off but accessible to the main large, well maintained outdoor area. Her room is beautifully kept and assistance is provided as she needs it, and there are always activities arranged that interest her during the day. She has a phone in her room which she uses every day and we are made very welcome whenever we visit. She is gaining weight and always looks beautifully groomed thanks to her weekly hairdressing and manicure treatments. This is a lovely place which the whole family would heartily recommend.

It was daunting to select a brand new care home for my father, but the manager allayed any concerns when we visited before it was open. First impressions were that it was a hotel rather than a care home. The décor and furnishings were homely and of a high standard. It did not have the feel of being an institution, which was a fear of my father.
All the staff are friendly and show an interest in him as person. They do not rush away. He says “they are marvellous” and “can’t do enough for you – no matter what it is”. He speaks to about 20 different people each day, which is good for him and he also enjoys participating in the well-organised activities such as quizzes, news and views, playing cards and board games, seated exercises and painting “ladybird stones” for the garden. He says that food is excellent and plentiful and I have to agree as I joined him and other residents for a lovely Christmas Dinner. Importantly he says he feels safe.
We have hit the jackpot with Cherry Wood.

Submit a Review for Cherry Wood Grange Care Home

Top 20 Mid-size Care Home Groups 2018

Recipient: Carebase Ltd

Top 20 Mid-size Care Home Groups 2017

Recipient: Carebase Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cherry Wood Grange Care Home