Farnham Mill Nursing Home (Opening May 2018)

Farnham Mill Lane, Farnham GU9 9JB

Farnham Mill Nursing Home is committed to the highest standards of service and care within a friendly, family run setting. It also specialises in end-of-life care.

The aim is to provide the highest level of care for residents in a dignified and compassionate way, with the best facilities and equipment in a comfortable home with experienced staff.

Professionals try to improve the quality of life for those who have chosen to live with them. The approach is not 'one routine fits all', but rather a more personal care plan that makes allowances for the individual's needs and concerns.

Group: Woodlands & Hillbrow Ltd

Person in charge: Sahlee Villalobos (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

July 2013

Joined: 1988

Alison Lee
Job Title: Proprietor

Joined: 1998

I am Alison Lee the Proprietor of Woodlands & Hill Brow Ltd. I am a nurse with a degree in Nursing and a Diploma in Elderly Care. I left the NHS where I was Ward Manager of an elderly care unit at the Royal Free Hospital when I assumed control of Woodlands & Hill Brow Ltd following my mother's retirement in 1998.

I am immensely proud of the standards of care we achieve and the family ethos and feel which runs through the heart of our homes.

Jo

Jo Grinyer

Joined: 2012

My name is Jo Grinyer and I am the General Manager for Woodlands & Hill Brow Ltd. I am a nurse with a degree in nursing and a background in acute and specialist long-term conditions nursing, together with a wealth of experience in care home management. My main area of responsibility is to support and guide the Home Managers.

I am proud to work with managers and staff who demonstrate such a high level of commitment and care, with shared core values.

Sahlee

Sahlee Villalobos

Job Title: Manager

Joined: 2011

My name is Sahlee and I am the manager at Farnham Mill. I have worked for Woodlands and Hill Brow since 2011 as a Care Manager and Home Manager.

My passion is to build a strong and dedicated team of staff who can deliver outstanding care. We aim to work closely with our residents and families, and to build strong relationships with other local health professionals and specialists. My particular area and speciality is tissue viability and palliative care.

I am really pleased and proud to be manager of Farnham Mill where we aim to have a special relationship with our local GP, which through working together enables us to proactively provide the highest quality nursing care to our residents, ensuring we care for all their needs no matter how complex.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Butt

Job Title: Residents Liaison Manager

Joined: 2000

My name is Elizabeth and I am the Residents Liaison Manager for Woodlands & Hill Brow Ltd. My main role is to ensure a smooth and timely moving in process is achieved for our residents and their families, providing information and support at every stage of the inquiry and moving in process. I understand that this is a stressful time for all concerned and ensure that I am a point of contact for families and am always available with a friendly smile and the answers to their questions.

I absolutely love my position which allows me to meet many new people, prospective residents and their families. My role also involves spending time on a one to one basis with our residents ensuring they are happy, have everything they require and being involved in activities and outings. I also attend the Residents Committee Meeting at all of our Homes.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Farnham Mill Nursing Home