Gilmerton Care Home, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh

Gilmerton Care Home has a comfortable interior with many homely qualities, en-suite bedrooms and well-kept gardens that make it an ideal choice for older people with care needs.

Care workers are dedicated to making sure that health and happiness are central to all decisions taken, with residents consulted on anything that effects them or on which they might have a preference.

The philosophy is to get to know each individual, to support active lifestyles and pursue person-centred methods.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Tracey Howell (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Edinburgh City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Gilmerton Care Home: click here

8.6 Gilmerton Care Home has a Review Score of 8.6 (8.611)

The Review Score of 8.6 (maximum of 10) for Gilmerton Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 3 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Gilmerton Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.861 for Gilmerton Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (31 Excellents x 5) + (5 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 36 Ratings = 4.861

The 3.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Gilmerton Care Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.250

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Gilmerton Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Gilmerton Care Home

I can only speak of the Eden wing as my husband was there from Sept 2016 until his death on 31st Dec 2017. The staff were extremely good, they catered for all his needs. They made me and my family feel very welcome. They treated the residents with respect. I have visited several care homes and was a bit worried about him going into care, but found this one to be as homely as a care home can be with comfortable rooms, and having small units, making it easy to get to know everyone and all the staff. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff in the Eden wing.

How likely would you be to recommend Gilmerton Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Gilmerton Care Home responded to this review on 15 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Rita, for sharing your experience of Gilmerton Care Home. We are truly grateful for the kind words and allowing us to be part of your you and your husbands lives. Our priority is the care and wellbeing of every resident within our care and your feedback echos these values. Its feedback like yours which really inspires and motivates us to do even more. Thank you once again for the wonderful feedback.

I was very unhappy about my wife going into a care home but I need not have been worried. My wife's care has been excellent and much better than I could provide at home. The staff could not be better. My wife's room is just right and there is a nice environment in the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Gilmerton Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Gilmerton Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2017:

Thank you, Vincent, for taking the time to share your experience of Gilmerton Care Home. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thank you once again, and have a fantastic day!

I cannot thank all of the staff working on Eden Unit enough. The care they give to my grandmother and all of the other residents is second to none. They all do a superb job treating everyone with kindness and dignity. It's a huge comfort knowing that she is so well looked after - the staff even come in on their days off to take residents out for an afternoon trip.

With hearing so many horrible things about some care homes, it makes me appreciate them even more. The staff remember who I am and who I'm there to visit, offering me an update on how my nana is doing. These little kindnesses go an awfully long way and I want them all to know how much I appreciate what they do for my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Gilmerton Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Gilmerton Care Home responded to this review on 01 Dec 2017:

Thank you, Gayle, for your kind comments about your recent experience at Gilmerton Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were have been pleased with the quality of our care your Grandmother has been receiving here at our home. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Have a wonderful day!

Submit a Review for Gilmerton Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gilmerton Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gilmerton Care Home