Sancroft Hall, Harrow, London

Sancroft Hall is dedicated to supporting an active and dignified lifestyle for older people who have care needs or physical frailties, offering spacious interiors, landscaped gardens and its own sun lounge.

The home is registered for fifty service users, with two residential groups specifically set up for Asian Elders and a vegetarian food menu.

Two day centres work closely with the home which adds to the sense of community spirit and also helps people diagnosed with a form of dementia.

Group: The Fremantle Trust

Person in charge: Ali Joolia (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Harrow Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Admission Information: Via Harrow Social Services and private assessment.. Ages 60+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Gujarati, Hindi

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Sancroft Hall: click here

posted 24 Aug 2017

If you wish to make an enquiry about any of our vacancies, please call 01296 737371

9.6 Sancroft Hall has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.611)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Sancroft Hall is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Sancroft Hall in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.611 for Sancroft Hall is calculated as follows: ( (83 Excellents x 5) + (45 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 131 Ratings = 4.611

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Sancroft Hall is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 10 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sancroft Hall?

Reviewer Connection to Sancroft Hall

• Stepdaughter of Resident/Service User

The staff are encouraging and caring, taking care not to force the resident to do anything. If they cannot get the resident to do something, they will always ask me to encourage the resident to join in with an appropriate activity. All in all I am satisfied the resident is getting good care at the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Extremely Likely

I find that my mother is looked after with politeness and dignity. Her care needs are met adequately by the staff who are patient and kind with her. I find it easy to communicate with the staff and management who are always quick to address any issues I might raise.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Likely

My mother was warmly welcomed into Sancroft Hall at the end if January. All the staff have shown great care, respect and friendliness. My mother hs enjoyed the entertainment provided. The managers have looked after my mum's health very well arranging the doctor to visit when necessary. As a relative, I have been treated with the same consideration as my mother and thank Sancroft Hall for taking such good care of her.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Extremely Likely

It is very pleasing to have my mother in Sancroft Hall. She has been here for 11 years and her care has been exemplary. The staff are well trained and the care and support from them is very praiseworthy.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Extremely Likely

My family and I are extremely grateful for the service and care that Sancroft Hall has provided my dad. My father's primary carer was exceptionally helpful, and had a great positive impact on my father's mood. Not only would she perform her duties well, but she would go above and beyond to make sure that my father was smiling. The manager was always reachable and would make time for us. He listened well to our comments and our suggestions and would help to find a suitable resolution. He humbly cares about his residents and staff. Overall, Sancroft Hall met our needs and we would definitely recommend it to others looking for a facility within this price range.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Extremely Likely

My mum became a permanent resident at Sancroft Hall in March this year. I have found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. They are always very welcoming to anyone that visits my mum, whether it be family or friends. Her level of care is outstanding, she is never made to feel a burden. My mum is always saying how lovely the staff are, even the manager who takes the time to speak the residents.
Compared to a home that mum went into earlier in the year for temporary care Sancroft Hall outweighs them by miles.
I would recommend this care home very highly.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Sancroft Hall since March 2017. My sister and I looked around care homes and found that immediately they gave Mum the care she needed and with lots of warmth and love. One of the managers was excellent in welcoming my mother. All of the staff have been fantastic. The food is good and activities are enjoyable. Sancroft Hall turned a difficult time for the whole family into what is now known as Mum's new home where she is safe and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Extremely Likely

I can see that this job is very difficult, especially when the resident has health problems eg. Dementia. Saying that.. Sandcroft Hall staff and management do their best to make it homely. I am happy for my mum to be there.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Extremely Likely

As my wife has only been a resident for one month, these are my initial impressions.
However having had experience with several care homes via my parents and aunt, Sancroft leaves them all standing and I fully expect that as time develops my opinion of Sancroft will only get better.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Extremely Likely

My stepfather 96 years spent the last 18 months of his life at the above care home. He was very happy there at the above care home. He was very happy there and always enjoyed the activities and outings. He enjoyed his meals and his newspapers. The staff at the care home always said what a gentleman he was and he was also very grateful for what they did for him.
They also took the time to attend his funeral (three members of staff). I will always be very grateful to them for the care and support my stepfather received during his stay there.

How likely would you be to recommend Sancroft Hall? Extremely Likely

On behalf of all our family, I'd like to thank the carers and managers at Sancroft Hall.
The care and treatment which was given to our father from the time he became a resident to his last days were simply outstanding. Our dad was made to feel like he was at home and he became very close to everyone who was involved with his care. The managers and carers experience, understanding and sympathy helped our father and us through an emotional and difficult time. For this, we will be forever grateful.
Thank you all so much!!

Submit a Review for Sancroft Hall

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sancroft Hall

Ali

Ali Joolia

Joined: 2006

Ali first joined The Fremantle Trust in 2006 as a carer at our Apthorp Care Centre. He then became Deputy Manager and worked his way up to finally take on the Home Manager post at Sancroft Hall in November 2015.

What attracted you to a career in the care sector?

I enjoy caring for people and being able to make a difference in their daily lives – making someone smile and supporting them to live their life as they would like to.

What is your philosophy on care?

Simply being kind to people. There are so many words to describe this, but you can never go wrong if you are being kind.

What gets you out of bed each morning?

It helps that I both love and enjoy the work I do. My personal achievements in life spur me on and where I want to be in the future.

What are you passionate about in your life?

I have a real passion for supporting people with dementia and making a difference, however small or big. Formula 1 and fast cars!

What makes you proud of Sancroft Hall?

Seeing happy residents, enjoying their lives, happy colleagues wanting to make a difference, and a happy environment where everyone is genuinely kind to each other.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sancroft Hall