Belmont Lodge Care Centre

392/396 Fencepiece Road, Chigwell IG7 5DY

Belmont Lodge Care Centre specialises in dementia care, while also welcoming residential and respite needs, in a pleasant Chigwell location with scenic views.

The centre consists of forty single rooms and six companion rooms, all well furnished as are the property's social areas, with gardens and a patio particularly good for relaxing in during the summer months.

Carers respect the thoughts and concerns of service users and their families, with regular staff meetings to discuss feedback and potential developments.

Group: Forest Healthcare

Person in charge: Maureen McDonagh (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 46 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Belmont Lodge Care Centre: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Belmont Lodge Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Belmont Lodge Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.428 for Belmont Lodge Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (88 Excellents x 5) + (81 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 180 Ratings = 4.428

The 4.543 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Belmont Lodge Care Centre is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.2 positive Reviews (46 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 9.2 Target = 0.543

9 Belmont Lodge Care Centre has a Review Score of 9 (8.971) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Belmont Lodge Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to Belmont Lodge Care Centre

The staff at Belmont Lodge Care Centre are so friendly and welcoming. When we visit Mum it's like visiting a large family. Mum is well looked after and cared for. She is well fed and she loves her food. There is often entertainment to which we are invited too. All in all, we are very happy with Belmont Lodge Care Centre.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Lodge Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Overall very pleased with the care and service provided for my mother. She took a while to settle in and the staff showed great patience and care. I'm glad to say my mother is very content now and being looked after very well.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Lodge Care Centre? Likely

My nan has been at Belmont Lodge for 3 years her care has been very good, staff are approachable and caring. Nan is happy and content and we as a family are very grateful for our 97-year-old nan being looked after so well.

Mum has been here for 3 years and I am very happy with care she has had.
I find everybody (staff) at the home approachable the main thing is mum is happy and her needs are met.

Great staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Lodge Care Centre? Likely

I'm extremely grateful for the loving care given to my parents. My parents have been at Belmont Lodge for 14 months so far and I have seen many positive changes made in terms of facility renovation and staff training. Belmont Lodge is a safe haven for my parents and they are happy here. I want to express my admiration for the patience and understanding that the staff show in handling aspects of dementia care. It has been of great benefit to have easy access to the manager and senior staff, to gain more insight into these daily care requirements

I visit a friend and she is so happy living here, she has improved since she has lived here, she has put on weight and is much happier than when she lived on her own.

I have lived in this home for 22years and I can recommend this home to anyone. I'm very happy, the staff that work here are very kind and good. My room is lovely.

To the activities coordinator, I am writing this to you with thanks for your efforts to entertain the people who are staying at Belmont Lodge, Chigwell whilst they slowly recover from different illnesses. Your efforts to give residents so much comfort and enjoyment by all your kindness and patience to help us get better and pass the morning time, making the residents feel good. Thank you and best wishes.

I find it very hard to write about how I feel about my husband living in Belmont Lodge.
I never thought we would live apart until one of us died, but now he lives in care and I can see he is being looked after with kindness and care.
I must say I feel much better that I ever thought I would, so thank you all at Belmont Lodge for taking care of my husband for me, God bless you all. Many thanks.

Nice clean home for my dad. Friendly staff who are always willing to help and always make our family welcome. Dad is happy as he can be and the food that is provided always looks lovely - lots of variety. I have trust in the care home that they will care for him and meet his needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Lodge Care Centre? Likely

My aunt has been in Belmont Since April 2016. I feel grateful she is safe, well fed, clean and treated lovingly by an incredibly kind staff. I visit very regularly and have never witnessed anything remotely worrying. Belmont's main quality is it's friendly, warm atmosphere.

My friend has been at Belmont Lodge since October 2014. She is always well looked after. Belmont is a home from home for all the residents. We are always made to feel very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Lodge Care Centre? Likely

I have been visiting my friend for six months. The staff are always happy and sincere with residents and go beyond their duties with their kindness towards residents.

Mostly the care is very good and the staff are helpful and kind with me and the other residents. Almost every day we are doing different activities that will keep us occupied and happy.

Submit a Review for Belmont Lodge Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belmont Lodge Care Centre