Belmont Castle Care Home

Portsdown Hill Road, Bedhampton, Havant PO9 3JY

Belmont Castle Care Home, Havant, Hampshire

Belmont Castle is set in three acres of beautiful gardens, with panoramic views across the Solent and the Downs, it was established as a Residential Care Home in April 1986. The management of Belmont Castle pride themselves on offering a highly professional care service for the elderly, with a personal touch. The team are pleased to accept residents for long term, short term, convalescence, respite and holiday stays.

Residential care should never be regarded as a last resort; it can be a new beginning, which provides comfort and security to enjoy later years of life. It can eliminate the problems of the day-to-day living and should be a most effective way of overcoming loneliness.

Group: LRH - Homes

Person in charge: Juanita Pearce (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £620 – £820

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Belmont Castle Care Home: click here

9.7 Belmont Castle Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.713)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Belmont Castle Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Belmont Castle Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.713 for Belmont Castle Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (182 Excellents x 5) + (66 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 251 Ratings = 4.713

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Belmont Castle Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered beds ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 1.000

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Belmont Castle Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Belmont Castle Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

I have found the home very good, caring for my brother. Would recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife suffers from Alzheimer's disease. Over the past few months I couldn't provide the care we needed for her. She went for respite care to three different homes plus one intended to be permanent but which made her very unhappy. So we have first hand experience of five homes, and we have visited several as well. Only one stands out, and that is Belmont Castle. For the first time I feel my very dear wife is getting the best care available, and so I am able to let go more.
The staff are first rate. The carers really do care whilst also having a reassuring professional awareness of their residents' well-being. All staff are very friendly to both the residents and relatives. Communication is good and they are happy to tell me how things are when I don't go in.
The adapted building is well designed and equipped. Particularly valuable for my wife, who relies on hearing aids, is that there are a number of lounge/sitting areas, so she can always find a quiet place if needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

After visiting numerous care homes, as soon as we stepped foot into Belmont to a warm welcome, we realised it was the perfect home for Mum. A tremendous amount of thought has gone into creating a friendly, safe and stimulating environment. It's wonderful to see the change in Mum from living at home alone to enjoying the company of other residents and fantastic staff. Every one of the team is caring, supportive and very special to us. Mum's room is comfortable, has a lovely view and provides all she needs. She has settled in so well and enjoys the activities and delicious food. What's reassuring is that I'm welcome to visit Mum at any time and if I wish to join Mum for a meal, it's encouraged. We attended the June Staff Awards Evening which was brilliantly organised, great fun and a super tribute to the whole team who work so hard to ensure that residents, visitors and friends are looked after. Thank you to everyone; I know Mum is cherished, happy and safe in your care at Belmont.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Belmont Castle has been Mum’s home for three months now and she has settled in very well. The staff are so welcoming, kind and caring and they take a genuine interest in all of their residents. There’s always a lovely atmosphere when you visit – feels more like a friendly, happy home than a care home. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

The whole team works really well together and this was evident at their first Awards Evening on 17th June. A lot of hard work resulted in a fun-filled evening much enjoyed by staff, residents, family and friends. These events create warm memories and we look forward to more.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

We had a great time at the Easter Egg Hunt at the Belmont Castle. This was our first family event at the Belmont and even though the weather was not in our favour our large four generation family had a wonderful fun filled time. The staff had their work cut out with the number of people who attended. There were different events for each age group and we all enjoyed the afternoon. Thank you to all the staff for their brilliant efforts.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been at Belmont now for 3 months, I have noticed a great improvement in her!! She seems much happier now, which is so nice to see.
The staff are very caring at all times, always interested in all residents, lots of laughter there, plus lots of different activities - my Mums favourite is the singing and dancing. My Mum's personal care is brilliant!!
Her room is lovely, always clean and fresh!! All meals are cooked on-site and are amazing, I have tried them.
They recently held an Easter Egg hunt with eggs hidden in the grounds of Belmont it was an amazing day with many people turning up!!
Good day had by all!!
I now have peace of mind that my Mum who has Dementia is safe, well cared for and will continue to sing and dance

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very impressed with staff and care provided. A pleasure for relations to visit. Lovely atmosphere. Happy we made Belmont Castle our choice had also had very good support for myself and family. Meals always look wonderful and fresh.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

A lovely home with caring, experienced staff who always have time for both mum and me. I have received lots of help and support during mum's transition from home to residential care and mum is happy and very well cared for with her changing needs being met by happy, knowledgeable and importantly, caring, staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

After a difficult decision to find a care home for Nan, we had to choose where. Initially my first impression was wide off the mark and we picked a different location. However as we had enlisted Nan just in case at both locations luckily a place became available. As some questions were being asked about the quality of care in the first home we picked, we decided on another visit. I am so glad we did. We moved Nan into Belmont just after Christmas and our family are agreed it provides a excellent standard of care. Warm, friendly and relaxing atmosphere throughout this place is a credit to the Carers / Nurses and whole team.
The rooms have a cosy charm to them, the food is great and the place is immaculately tidy and clean. Whenever visiting I have been made to feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble for the helpful staff. I have confidence that despite my Nan's nervousness with dementia that she is in safe hands and hasn't been so happy in months. Thanks to all involved.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

When I first visited Belmont Castle to consider my mother for staying, I could not ask for a more pleasant and friendly welcome, with showing me around Belmont. My mother had a fall last September and, therefore, she unfortunately could not live along safely anymore. Mother was then assessed and, thankfully, accepted to go to Belmont. I would like to say it's been the best thing for mum, ALL the staff are brilliant in every way, I could not ask for more and the family are eternally grateful with all that they are doing in making mum safe and well. A big thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Belmont Castle have been very helpful and open in their dealings and have been supportive and sympathetic to my sisters needs. The home is well kept, very well and thoughtfully designed and the staff are enthusiastic and cheerful.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit this home at least once a week to see my friend. It always appears to me to be clean. The staff are friendly and caring and supportive. Food looks delicious. I would say it is the best home in this area.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Belmont for 3 weeks respite, will be there for a further two, on the whole the staff are all very welcoming, and nothing is too much trouble, but sometimes takes a while to get an answer to a question, or someone is always going to do, but yes it will be done, but may take asking again.
My mother will definitely be happy to go back for respite in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been a resident since the beginning of November and I am so happy with the care being provided. I was reassured from my initial phone call and was warmly welcomed on my first visit. The house is beautiful with lovely grounds and views. The staff have a great relationship with the residents and so many fun activities are provided for the residents to enjoy from giant scrabble to singing and dancing and craft and cooking clubs. At the end of November residents' family and friends were invited to help decorate the house for Christmas and the afternoon ended with Christmas dinner with my Mum - the food is fab! I would thoroughly recommend Belmont Castle, the staff have made a very difficult decision much easier to deal with and I can see how happy my Mum is when I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I can't express enough my pleasure in seeing how well the staff treat the residents. My wife and I were invited to decorate the Christmas trees and have dinner after, and I was impressed with the calm and orderly organisation of getting the guests and residents seated in their allotted places and serving dinner to a over sized dinning number than usual. All the residents were treated with care and concern to make sure each had what they wanted . A lovely day was had by all.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was really pleased with the care my mum received at The Belmont, most importantly she really enjoyed her stay and I will definitely be using them again. She said the food was good the staff were really helpful and friendly and she loved the view from her room. Its great to know she can go somewhere she really enjoyed and I don't have to worry about her.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother who has Alzheimer’s has been at Belmont Castle for 3 weeks and is already settling in very well. The family and I can’t thank the staff enough for their kindness, reassurance and care towards mum. The activities on offer are amazing and have helped to keep mum occupied and less anxious as she previously was. All the family have commented on how it is so lovely to see her laughing again. Belmont always warmly welcomes family and friends and during Halloween week held a quiz night. This enabled the family to enjoy a fun evening with mum and interact with other residents and their families. One of mums favorite things at Belmont is watching strictly come dancing as the residents have a buffet and get up and have a dance. The food is amazing and we often stay and have dinner with mum. We are so happy she seems to have her appetite back and has put some of the weight back on she previously lost. I would highly recommend Belmont Castle to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother spent 3 weeks in the respite room at Belmont Castle following a fall which has resulted from Parkinson's. It coincided with my husband and I going on holiday which could not be cancelled. We had already looked around Belmont Castle prior to mum's accident. We feel it is a wonderful home, all staff are very caring, who helped mum enormously. Mum and us loved the different rooms and what was taking place in each room. The grounds are wonderful and the gardens are kept lovely. There was always somewhere to sit and enjoy the sunshine. The food was amazing and could be adapted to mum's needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has recently become a resident and both she, myself and other members of the family are delighted with the care she has received. It is a great relief that she is in good hands and is safe. She has found the transition from being at home alone relatively easy and this is no doubt due to the excellent care and attention she has been receiving. She finds the food really good and has no complaints at all. Obviously she is just finding her way around using all of the facilities and is getting to know the routine. I personally am exceedingly pleased to be using Belmont and would recommend them to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

Every time I step into Belmont Castle there is always a warm welcome whatever time of the day. My mother has been a resident for three months and always speaks very highly of the staff and the care she receives. Food is renowned for being excellent and plenty of it. The building is set in lovely, well maintained grounds which give the place a peaceful and spacious feel. There is a lot of humour around at Belmont and as a frequent visitor I always leave feeling that my Mum is safe and happy in her new home.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont Castle Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel it is time to make some comments about my mothers care at Belmont Castle so that other potential residents can at least see how good and positive I believe the care is for them and/or their relations. My mother has been a resident at Belmont Castle for 3 years now. When I have visited I have always been greeted as 'an old friend' by both management and care staff which gives me a warm and positive feeling about the residence. My observations over the 3 years have been eye opening on how Dementia type illnesses develop and how patient staff need to be when dealing with the demands of my mother, and indeed, other clients. It is reassuring to me that I am kept up to date with any issues very quickly, depending on severity, via phone or email. I have been impressed at how residents are addressed, which is on a very personal level. I have been present at many meal times and have even eaten onsite myself. There is always a good choice and plenty of it with a nice variety (especially the sweets)! I can see a lot has been done to enable the residents to help themselves and continue their independence where possible with lots of 'help yourself' areas. There is a lot of organised games/music etc to help stimulate the residents, which I find both enjoyable and beneficial to my mum and I. It's a real lift to see her dancing and laughing! There are also regular meetings held onsite, with other family/friends, to be briefed on any news/actions and feedback to management. All in all, I'm very happy that my mum is at Belmont castle. I have experience of other homes and I am glad she is there!

Submit a Review for Belmont Castle Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

LRH-Homes Belmont Castle Abba tribute band

Likes: 84 Views: 3038

Posted: 08 Aug 2016