Heath Lodge

Danesbury Park Road, Welwyn AL6 9SN

Heath Lodge is a sixty-seven place Welwyn care accommodation courtesy of Gold Care Homes, a growing care provider known for a wide range of care expertise and flexible services.

Together with care for the elderly, Heath Lodge can take more extensive personal needs including being skilled enough to offer packages for people suffering from dementia.

A sensory garden is popular amongst residents, with a thorough programme of entertainments and activities adding to the warm and friendly atmosphere.

Group: Gold Care Homes

Person in charge: Obafemi Shoyombo (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 67 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

20 parking space available

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Heath Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Heath Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Heath Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.0 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.174 for Heath Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (33 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 69 Ratings = 4.174

The 4.049 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Heath Lodge is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 13.4 positive Reviews (67 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 13.4 Target = 0.299

8.2 Heath Lodge has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.223) from 6 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Heath Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Heath Lodge

My father is a permanent resident at Heath Lodge and I’ve never seen him smile so often.
The staff are wonderful from management right down to care staff. His medical care is all taken care of which takes away the stress and worry. I’ve never seen him without a drink or biscuit/cake, they are so caring.

I would highly recommend Heath Lodge and would like to reiterate the staff are fantastic, it really is like one big family.

How likely would you be to recommend Heath Lodge? Extremely Likely

Dalbir Jangra, Head of Marketing and Communications at Heath Lodge responded to this review on 14 May 2018:

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your kind words. Your father is a pleasure to look after.

Thought we would have a problem with Dad after a hospital stay as adamant he wanted to go home but he is too frail to be living on his own. Initially two-week respite and now permanent. ‘I am happy. It’s like family here’. His words; says it all, really! Sis and I are both quite some distance away in opposite directions so knowing he is safe and happy is a big worry off our minds.
Staff are fantastic; really helpful and kind. Originally a hotel, the place has character so if you’re looking for modern square brick Autumn Vale is in the same grounds. However, it is clean, food is good and the staff are great. Yes, I know I’ve already mentioned about the staff but for us, that’s what makes or breaks it.

How likely would you be to recommend Heath Lodge? Extremely Likely

Kendra Bray, Relationship Manager at Heath Lodge responded to this review on 09 May 2018:

Thank you for your very kind words Colin, we are so pleased to hear that Dad is happy and feels at home with his extended family. I agree, our staff are fantastic and we pride ourselves on the the care and support they give to our residents.

Whenever I visit the home I am impressed by the care and genuine affection given by the staff to my mother. She also appears to receive excellent medical care when needed. I have the impression my mother is happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Heath Lodge? Extremely Likely

Dalbir Jangra, Head of Marketing and Communications at Heath Lodge responded to this review on 06 Mar 2018:

Hi Antony,
Thank you for your kind words. Happy to discuss any areas of improvement you feel are needed.
Best wishes
Dalbir.

The general turn over of staff is a worry but have never found cause to be concerned with the care given to residents. Home is very much cleaner than it has been in the past and smells a lot fresher. Would like to see key workers assigned to residents so you have a direct contact when calling for updates. Rooms need to be re-decorated and made more personalised. Tighter control of residents laundry needs to be addressed. Overall never had any concerns about the care given to my mother-in-law.

How likely would you be to recommend Heath Lodge? Likely

Dalbir Jangra, Head of Marketing and Communications at Heath Lodge responded to this review on 07 Mar 2018:

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for your review. Even though great effort has gone into improving Health Lodge, there are still areas we feel that require improvement. Your comments have been passed to senior management to discuss further.

Dalbir.

My father-in-law was dying, and we needed to move him into a local care home. During our visit to look at Heath Lodge, we specifically asked how much we would be charged in the event of death within a week of admission. We were verbally told by a manager that the total charge would be 7 days’ fees. We moved my father-in-law to Heath Lodge; he passed away after 4 days.
We assumed Gold Care Homes would charge us 7 days’ fees - however, they actually charged us for 18 days (4 days residents’ fees PLUS a 14-day charge in the event of death).
Our mistake: signing their contract upon admission whilst assuming that head office would honour the verbal contract of 7 days’ fees agreed by their company representatives at the ‘sales’ end of their process.
Heath Lodge staff were caring and professional, but I cannot give Gold Care Homes a good review because their head office overrode their manager's promise to us.

How likely would you be to recommend Heath Lodge? Extremely Unlikely

I visited my aunt on April 15th. In all the years she has been a resident I have never seen her so happy and she communicated with me. It was an absolute delight. The team who look after her were amazing - so polite and understanding. I cannot praise you all enough. Thank you. Heath Lodge, I applaud you in bringing this home up to scratch.

Submit a Review for Heath Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Heath Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Heath Lodge