The Lodge, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire

The Lodge provides friendly and professional care to all its residents, within the home which has many modern facilities.

The home creates personalised care programmes which are tailored to the needs of each resident, whether it is to suit a long term stay or a shorter respite stay.

All bedrooms have en -suite facilities and the home has a lively activities coordinator who has created a meaningful social calendar of activities and entertainment for residents to participate in.

Group: B&M Care Ltd

Person in charge: Lisa Pinner (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 45 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £850 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.) (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Lodge: click here

9.7 The Lodge has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.670)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for The Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 33 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 25 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.67 for The Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (272 Excellents x 5) + (99 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 385 Ratings = 4.67

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Lodge is based on 25 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9 positive Reviews (45 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 25 Reviews ÷ 9 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to The Lodge

Very clean, does not smell. Management efficient, kind, caring and obliging. All staff are wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Likely

My stay here was very satisfactory. Food was excellent. Staff very helpful.
Want to come back.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Mum has been at The Lodge for two years and has been extremely well looked after. Mum is a quiet soul and they are aware of this and try always to get her involved. The staff keep me informed of mums well being and are always helpful when I have concerns.

I have attended any entertainment evenings they have had and staff and residents all thoroughly enjoy these events. I would highly recommend the home and have done when I have seen prospective clients. 100% satisfied.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

I am a family friend of the resident who I was visiting every day or even twice a day. The staff were very friendly and helpful all the time and always found my friend very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

As a family, we were very anxious when my husband was admitted. Would they take good enough care of a dear one? We did not fear, and with myself visiting daily, I soon came to know of the care and compassion already administered at The Lodge. Staff were kind and professional in their duties. We could not have asked for better care and compassion to myself during the last few weeks and we were very supported. The Lodge is a truly outstanding care home and we will be forever grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother has been resident at The Lodge for 6 weeks. On all of my visits to see her, the staff are always kind, courteous and all seem to enjoy what they are doing.
This creates a friendly atmosphere and I am confident that my mother is well looked after.
I would like to extend my sincere thanks to the staff and management for all their help and kindness.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

The review was to discuss my mother's needs as they have changed somewhat.
Our concerns and feelings were listened to and dealt with in a very professional manager. Felt we were listened to.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have stayed at this home for short periods while my family are on holiday. The home is very comfortable and well furnished. The staff are very friendly and perform their duties with much care and attention to the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Have been to see my 94-year-old uncle in another home many times. It always smells nasty. It is not anywhere near as good as The Lodge, in every way.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have visited my friend (someone I used to work with some year ago) at The Lodge several times. The staff are very friendly and helpful and my friend always looks clean and well cared for. He had a stroke about 9 months ago and is unable to speak, but the staff always appears patient with him and include him in conversations. My friend seems very happy at the home and relays that he is happy to be there. He is well looked after and enjoys the food and has enough to eat.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

My first visit was very impressive, friendly, made you at ease and welcome. Residents were all clean, happy and well looked after. I won't put my name down yet! but a very nice place, I would recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother has lived at The Lodge for 16 months and the care she receives is outstanding. The staff are very dedicated and every resident is treated with respect and their dignity is paramount, and to this end, The Lodge is a happy home. The residents are well fed, the home is very clean and tidy with no smells, which is very important.
I feel The Lodge is managed extremely well and I could not have found a nicer home for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have always found the staff most friendly and very hard working.
The home is always spotlessly clean.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Likely

I was greeted by very friendly staff who explained how to sign in. Another member of staff took me to my Mother-in-law and during our walk chatted to me about my Mother-in-law. It was obvious from our conversation that he had taken the time to get to know her. During my visit, I was made to feel very welcome, offered a drink and had a very pleasant visit. The Lodge has a calm and friendly atmosphere and I would most definitely recommend the home to friends and family.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

The staff really care about the residents and look after them in a gentle manner. The home has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. I live away from the area and I am happy that the home contact me quickly should the need arise and they always come back to a message or e-mail contact I have left. The home is efficiently run in a really caring manner.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Dad decided he wanted to go into care and as she had been for respite at The Lodge before he was happy to go back. The home is always welcoming. The staff are very kind and Dad says they are marvellous. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for any of the staff. Dad loves the meals they serve. Dad is always well looked after and he has a lovely room. We are very grateful for the kindness and care given to Dad and also the kindness given to us when we visit. We hope the quality of care continues on its current level as it is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Dad has gradually got used to living in the care home, and now says it is his home. He is settled and happy. Dad says all the staff are marvellous.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Enjoyed my stay at The Lodge, surprisingly good. Food was good and many choices were offered. Staff were good and made my stay very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Staff very good. Food is good, but not always my taste. Very happy with the room. Enjoy morning in the Edinburgh Lounge.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

My Gran has lived in The Lodge since 2010. In the years she has lived there, I have been very happy with the care she has received. The staff are kind, professional and efficient. Most staff know me and greet me by name. They have an 'open door' visiting policy, so I can visit Gran whenever I like. The Lodge feels homey and cosy. Gran is over 100 now, and they have managed her various health needs very well. I and my family have peace of mind knowing that Gran is safe and well-looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mum has been at The Lodge for over 3 years now and I have nothing but praise for all the staff. I know my mum is safe and well looked after - the staff are so caring and nothing is too much trouble for them. They listen and act immediately on any concerns/suggestions I have in making mum happy and comfortable.

There are lots of activities held at The Lodge and friends/families can join in too. It's lovely to do these things with my mum and we both had a brilliant time in the Summer at the Summer Fair.

I would definitely recommend The Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

My friend has been in the home quite a while and has been very well looked after in all of her needs no complaints at all an excellent facility.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Likely

The home is extremely welcoming. A cheery hello greets you after you close the front door - eventually always using your name. The staff make it their business to know you and the new resident quickly. The rooms are clean and bright and the individual amenities are clean and hygienic. The common rooms have TV, easy chairs, coffee tables and tea, coffee and juice available to all. Staff are always there to keep a caring, helping hand. The dining areas are family arranged. Tables and chairs for 4. The excellent food The Lodge prepared was wonderful. Although in town, the owners have used every outdoor space to make different kinds of small gardens for the residents use. Nursing care is available every day. Although I now live too far away to visit regularly, I phone each week, I am always greeted as if there in person and told exactly how my relative is. A wonderful experience for residents and visitors.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

We would like to say a massive thank you for all of your hard work and dedication looking after my nan. I love the remembrance display around the home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

My wife was respected, stimulated, cherished and loved.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Mum stayed at the Lodge from April until her death at the beginning of November.
From the time she arrived, the staff could not have been more kind and considerate. Mum was encouraged to join in social activities and outings organised by Tony and we are sure that this contributed to her feeling of contentment. When she became less active the staff still showed great care, concern and compassion.
As visitors, we were always made very welcome and it was nice to know that the manager and staff were always able instantly to bring us up to date with how she was faring.
Mum had a very happy stay and a comfortable and peaceful end.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother is a happier, content, person which I felt was not what she was when being looked and cared for by her daughters. I no longer see her frustrated and unhappy. When I visit she is happy and content - I am sure this is not so all the time but I do not see it - I feel my real mother is back, who is happy and delighted to see me but it's okay for me to leave. The staff have always been positive and helpful and kind. Many, many thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Very warm, welcoming atmosphere. Tone set by the manager who is very approachable and helpful. Site is on 4 floors and not easy to manage; some rooms have access to small (4steps) flights of stairs. This is a concern when residents have problems with balance and falling.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Likely

Extremely supportive staff. Efficient and very caring. Happy atmosphere. Management very genuine and supportive. Listened to requests, acted swiftly and fed back promptly. Wonderful team.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Wonderful staff and manager kind, sweet and totally dedicated. Room pleasant. My husband was in for 9 nights. I should think this marks as one of the best in Hemel Hampstead.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

On visiting my friend he had nothing but praise for the ambience, food, room and politeness and helpful staff. (The boxes I've not ticked is because I did not experience).

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

I looked at 5 care homes when choosing a respite placement for my father. I was impressed by the management of The Lodge and that they have several members of staff who have worked there for many years, which I felt was a good sign as many places seem to have difficulty retaining staff. Whenever I have visited, there has been an air of calm unlike other homes which felt quite chaotic. On the day dad arrived, it was clear that all the staff were aware that dad was a new resident and greeted him by name. Dad requires a gluten free diet and on the first day I met the cook who showed me the gluten free products she had purchased and gave me the opportunity to discuss dad's requirements. Dad is still able bodied and the activities coordinator has taken dad out for walks to keep him active. Dad seems settled and happy and not displaying any anxiety which seemed to be a feature of his behaviour at home, I've been really impressed by The Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge? Extremely Likely

Mum had been in hospital for 5 months! I was told she had late stage vascular dementia, that she would not get better only worse! I was told she could no longer live on her own and I would have to consider a care home as she would need 24 hour care! then I got a call from The Lodge. I spoke to a very lovely lady (the manager) who told me they were going to assess mum with a view to her going to live at the Lodge. The assessment went very well and mum was moved to the Lodge that Friday morning. Mum has been at the lodge just over 1 week and I am amazed to see she is smiling laughing she knows who I am. She is walking and trying to talk, feeding herself and holding her own drink. This would not have happened with out the love and support given to my mum by all the staff at the Lodge, they are amazing people! They have spent lots of time with mum encouraging her to do things for herself. I highly recommend the Lodge care home and cant thank them enough for what they are doing.

Submit a Review for The Lodge