Beech Tree House

62 Buckland Road, Maidstone ME16 0SH

Owner: Beech Tree House (Maidstone) Ltd

Person in charge: Karen Fosher (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 24 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Beech Tree House: click here

The Review Score of 4.4 (maximum of 10) for Beech Tree House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 1 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Beech Tree House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 0 out of 5 from 0 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.417 for Beech Tree House is calculated as follows: ( (7 Excellents x 5) + (3 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 12 Ratings = 4.417

The 0 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Beech Tree House is based on 0 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 0 = 0

2. Target of 4.8 positive Reviews (24 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 0 Reviews ÷ 4.8 Target = 0

4.4 Beech Tree House has a Review Score of 4.4 (4.417) from 1 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Beech Tree House?

Reviewer Connection to Beech Tree House

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My aunt was admitted to BeechTree House in August 2015. Right from the start I was impressed by their professionalism and obvious care shown towards their residents.
I first met with the manager and the owner of the Care Home at my aunt's home. They had both agreed to meet and, literally, hand-hold my aunt through the very stressful process of getting her to finally realise she was unable to cope living on her own and then agreeing to move into care. We had discussions with other care homes but their disinterested, impersonal approach left much to be desired.

My aunt has a lovely sunlit room overlooking allotment fields. She is a very fussy eater with many more dislikes than likes when it comes to food. The fact that I have never heard her complain about the food is a sheer miracle on their part! Other homes seem to serve "mush" via meal delivery services. BeechTree House serve freshly prepared food onsite.

There are some aspects of the home which are in need of updating for sure - the furniture in the communal lounge and some of the decoration looking a little tired as examples. I have a lot of experience in visiting care homes through my work and these issues are not unusual. I understand from the newsletters we receive and coffee morning updates that these aspects are being addressed.

For me and my family what makes the difference for us when determining the suitability of BeechTree House as my aunt's final home is all about the CARE not so much about the fabric of the building. We have to date no issues on this aspect. The staff have all come across as warm-hearted, friendly and genuinely caring towards my aunt.

I want my aunt to enjoy her twilight years in peaceful surroundings. I will not be wanting to move her away from BeechTree House - and, most importantly, she agrees with me!

How likely would you be to recommend Beech Tree House? Extremely Likely

Submit a Review for Beech Tree House

March 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Beech Tree House