Shannon Court

Shannon Court Road, Hindhead GU26 6DA

Shannon Court is a renovated country home located in pleasant woodland and enhanced to make the most of its potential as a residential care accommodation.

The Home is close to the South Downs with its breath-taking areas of outstanding natural beauty. The grounds are laid out for the enjoyment of residents, with a woodland walk, ornamental fishpond and sensory garden.
There is a traditional ‘hotel’ style of care – where residents share communal facilities. The categories of care offered are dependent upon people's assessed individual needs.

All Homes can offer places to people with dementia, dependent on the individual needs of the person. Please contact the Home of your choice for further information.

Group: Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution Care Company (RMBI)

Person in charge: Carl Francis (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 53 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Freemasons and their dependants, non masons considered. Ages 70+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Parking on site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Shannon Court: click here

The Review Score of 8 (maximum of 10) for Shannon Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Shannon Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.4 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.567 for Shannon Court is calculated as follows: ( (132 Excellents x 5) + (73 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 215 Ratings = 4.567

The 3.439 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Shannon Court is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 10.6 positive Reviews (53 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 10.6 Target = 0.189

8 Shannon Court has a Review Score of 8 (8.006) from 18 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Shannon Court?

Reviewer Connection to Shannon Court

• Volunteer

A well-managed care home in lovely surroundings. There is a brightness about Shannon court; not just the light that floods into the building, but also the energy and spirit of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Likely

All the staff, admin, carers etc are very kind and respectful. The atmosphere is positive and caring, I would be happy to be a resident myself!

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

We are lucky to experience and witness the wonderful care provided by all staff members at Shannon Court. As our loved one is cared for so well and with such thoughtfulness, we are supported and sparred a degree of our anxiety. Thank you Shannon Court for the care, empathy, fun you have brought back into my family's life.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

Overall, the care for my Mother in law is EXCELLENT!

Sometimes communication between care staff is not so good, especially trying to resolve hearing aid matters.

The home and the grounds and opportunities for residents are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home with first-rate staff - from the Home Manager, to the care, activities, kitchen, laundry and admin staff who treat the residents with respect and as individuals. Nothing is too much trouble and all the staff make time to talk to the residents. I feel very confident that my father is being well looked after, and I couldn't hope to find a better care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

My Mother moved into Shannon Court 6 months ago and has settled well, she is happy and appreciative that she is being well looked after. Staff have got to know my Mother well and understand her particular needs and ways. I have always observed kindness and understanding from those staff having direct dealings with my Mother and this is a comfort to me and my siblings. I would not hesitate to recommend Shannon Court as a safe and caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

Excellent, well run home with friendly caring staff. At the time of my visit, the fire alarm sounded and all was dealt with in an efficient manner, which did not evoke any concern to residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

Wonderful home that really cares for the residents in a professional manner, always putting their needs first.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

I have only been at this address for two weeks. It is a care home of the highest quality with well-trained staff who keep a constant watch upon residents needs and cater for them.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

Fundamentally this is well run. All carers are exactly helpful and kind.
Food is adequate and varied.
Rooms are kept clean and warm.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

Staff very helpful - full respect given and respected. Quiet - no strict conditions.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Likely

I am 94. My wife is 86 and has suffered for some years with muscular deterioration. I was her carer. The almoner of my lodge found that I was doing a good job of looking after her but getting my own affairs into a mess. He recommended us both to come here. We have been here nine months. I am ageing faster than ever and I realise that I could not now do the work I was doing a year ago. So our move was fully justified, other circumstances being equal. I would not choose to live here, but as it is I owe the almoner a large vote of thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

I feel happy enough. The care staff I think are wonderful, they are very caring, nothing is every too much trouble. I also on the whole enjoy my meals, it's good to know that I can go to my bed and feel safe and secure.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

I am very happy here - very comfortable. The carers and staff are cheery and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

It is an excellent place to live and I have been here for 4 years, and find no fault with the home. It is warm and cosy and the food is excellent and I am very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

Came here about 1 year and 3 months ago, with my wife. My wife has dementia and passed away just before Xmas. Through diabetes both my feet are dead (like walking on a water-bed). It was quite hard to adjust from a 4 bedroom house and garden to a room not as big as my smallest bedroom. However, I have adjusted to my new life and am quite content. I am nearly 90 years of age. I have got my wits about me and can have an intelligent conversation. I am mobile with a walker. Many people are worse than I am, so I must be grateful and continue to drawn my old age pension.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

If eel safer here with 24 hour care than living on my won with 3 visits a day. The care provided is competent and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Shannon Court? Extremely Likely

Right from the start and settling in here there have been no concerns and the ratings I place below are in hotel star makes 4.5. Outings for shopping and medical support have been first class. In a sentence I hope to live here happily until I die.

Submit a Review for Shannon Court

posted 30 Apr 2018

Please contact us for latest vacancies

Carl Francis

Joined: 2016

I have been with the RMBI since August 2016, where I was Deputy Home Manager of Lord Harris Court, in Sindlesham.

Before joining the RMBI I was a Cluster Manager for a Learning Disability company in Surrey, managing multiple smaller supported living services. With this company the homes I managed were three times finalists of the Surrey Care Awards (the Care Oscars!) for Most Innovative Activity Program and Unsung Hero for a member of my team, the aim is to get Shannon Court there this year for a few categories!

Previous to this I have been a Deputy Manager of an Elderly Domiciliary Care company, a Regional Manager for a Learning Disability Care company, a Team Leader in a residential home and a Support Worker in an autism school.
Going back further I started life as a Police Officer with Thames Valley Police in Bracknell, and then changed my career to Care.

I am also a Mason with a Lodge in Croydon, so I have a good understanding of the ethos of the RMBI and the standards expected both within the home and by the friends and families.

I do voluntary work with SERV Surrey and South London (worth a google!) and play rugby for Woking RFC, Rivals of Hindhead! I have 2 motorbikes and a beautiful beagle/ pointer puppy who visits the home with me when I have my car!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Shannon Court