Sunrise of Banstead, Banstead, Surrey

Sunrise of Banstead is set close to the heart of the village of Banstead; this popular and vibrant community is situated on the North Downs and surrounded by extensive Green belt, ensuring that area has retained its rustic charm.

The thriving village of Banstead has plenty of amenities including more than 100 shops along the High Street, which possess a distinctly continental flavour.

Banstead's picturesque setting near open countryside and small attractive villages, make sure this Sunrise residence is a popular place to live and enjoy life. Situated only 17 miles south of Central London and possessing superb, fast road links, Sunrise Living of Banstead is also highly convenient for visiting friends and family.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Suzanne Spurgin (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 97 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Sunrise of Banstead: click here

8.9 Sunrise of Banstead has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.937)

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Sunrise of Banstead is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Sunrise of Banstead in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.525 for Sunrise of Banstead is calculated as follows: ( (72 Excellents x 5) + (39 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 120 Ratings = 4.525

The 4.412 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Sunrise of Banstead is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 19.4 positive Reviews (97 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 19.4 Target = 0.412

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sunrise of Banstead?

Reviewer Connection to Sunrise of Banstead

Came here 07-07-16 requiring more personal care, so sold my home (which was quite an emotional change of life). However, having my own studio and furnishings, it was good to be in familiar surroundings. Staff treat you with respect and kindness. Activities are varied and participate if interested. Christmas saw excellent decorations by the activities team and medical advice at 'well-being' team are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Banstead responded to this review on 07 Feb 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sunrise of Banstead.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities to make a difference to our residents and their families lives.
The Sunrise of Banstead Team

It has taken up until now to begin to feel at home here; I am slow at adapting to some major changes in my life however with all my family abroad I have come to realise I am luckier than some- at least I am mobile- so far! The musical entertainment (with grand piano) is just my cup of tea!

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Banstead responded to this review on 24 Jan 2017:

The Sunrise of Banstead Team

While I have been at Sunrise of Banstead, I have received help when I need it, meals which were good. The staff here are excellent. Everyone is very kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Banstead responded to this review on 23 Jan 2017:

The Sunrise of Banstead Team

Excellent home, lovely professional friendly staff to a high standard of care.

The Sunrise of Banstead Team

My wife and I have lived here for six months. I do not need care but my wife has dementia. We have a sizeable suite including a shared bedroom and separate sitting room. The meals served in the dining room are of a good standard with a wide choice. Drinks and fruit are available in the 'bistro' - a meeting point for residents along with a TV lounge.
A wide range of activities are available led by a dedicated team including keep fit, word puzzles, baking, flower arranging, music, poetry, visiting singers and musicians etc. Rooms and facilities are maintained to a high standard. This care home presents a higher standard and better value for money than other mainstream care homes we have experienced in South East England.

The Sunrise of Banstead Team

Very comfortable and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

Very friendly I feel part of a family. Lots of activities of varied categories good selection of food. I can always get a tea or coffee. Happy atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

My mother occasionally has falls in her room and the carers/staff have looked after her very well; so mum tells me.
They calm her down, checking she is physically okay and comfortable. The staff/carers then inform me what has happened and what steps have been taken if any required or if other options needs to be considered and discussed with me. The good communication is much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

I would definitely recommend Sunrise of Banstead. It's built for purpose, very striking, beautiful garden surrounding it. I feel the staff, carers are very sympathetic. The entertainment is inclusive for all including family and visitors. A wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Extremely Likely

I am, very largely left alone, which is what I want, but nice to know that help is always a red button away should I need it.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Banstead? Likely

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Banstead

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Suzanne

Suzanne Spurgin

Every day I walk into my community feeling incredibly proud of the team who work extremely hard to deliver the best care services to my residents. I feel very blessed to work in such a warm and welcoming environment. The word ‘community’ is the most apt description of Sunrise of Banstead.

Jasmina

Jasmina Karisik

Job Title: Reminiscence Co-ordinator

I am very proud to be part of the amazing team at Banstead. It is an exciting, rewarding and a fulfilling experience. I am passionate about working with our dementia residents and their families in Reminiscence to make sure every day is meaningful. Each day is different and full of surprises and it is a joy to witness our residents enjoying pleasant days full of fun, love and laughter.

Barbara

Barbara Mare

Job Title: Registered Manager

I was really pleased with our excellent CQC report, especially as it was full of excellent comments from residents and their families.

Jan Jasper

Jan Jasper and Nathalie McLeish

Job Title: Directors of Community Relations

We are the first point of contact for both seniors and their families enquiring about care options. We are proud to invite people to a tour of our community and make sure they leave with all the relevant information, having experienced Sunrise in action. Our most rewarding aspect is supporting families and seniors and being able to guide and counsel them on what can be an emotional experience. We feel privileged to help in the journey towards making the decision to join our community and then, seeing new residents flourish and make new friends is the ultimate reward.

Tamara

Tamara Juckes

Job Title: Activities Coordinator

There are very few jobs that offer the daily satisfaction and fulfillment that mine does! Seeing the expression on residents’ faces and hearing the enjoyment in their voices as they take part in our daily activities makes me feel immensely proud and content. I wouldn’t swap it for anything!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Banstead