Burleys Wood, Crawley, West Sussex

Burleys Wood Care Home is a modern facility located a short distance from Crawley town centre, that is split into six wings of ten en-suite bedrooms dedicated to a range of personal needs.

The home's interior is spacious and is well-kept to high standards of hygiene and safety, by a team of friendly staff who have good relationships with residents, keeping their overall well-being always in mind.

Shaw Healthcare have an excellent reputation, having won a number of awards for advanced and innovative care over recent years and developed many new care service for the benefit of the elderly and disabled.

Group: Shaw Healthcare

Person in charge: Suwannarut Nowakowski (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Burleys Wood: click here

9.2 Burleys Wood has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.157)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Burleys Wood is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Burleys Wood in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.574 for Burleys Wood is calculated as follows: ( (63 Excellents x 5) + (44 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 108 Ratings = 4.574

The 4.583 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Burleys Wood is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.583

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Burleys Wood?

Reviewer Connection to Burleys Wood

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

The home has always put my nan's care at the forefront. The manager runs a well-led team who provide care with a personal and caring approach. Nan has been a resident for over 2 years now and she has been provided with stimulating activities and nurturing care from the staff. Any issues raised have been dealt with in a professional and caring way.

How likely would you be to recommend Burleys Wood? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but praise for the staff and services at Burleys Wood.
It was initially with a very heavy heart that my father had to go into permanent nursing care when my mother could no longer care for him herself at home.
However the friendly staff and level of care have meant my father's health has improved and he is very happy.
My mother is welcomed regularly as part of the family and can take meals with my father when she wants to for a minimal sum.
When my parents recently celebrated a milestone anniversary the staff pulled out the stops to make a banner and start a sing-song for the residents to join in. They had a wonderful afternoon.
My father enjoys and joins in most of the activities but can choose not to if he wants to stay in his lounge. The food appears varied and satisfactory. My father had a large appetite and never appears hungry.
All in all, I have been very happy with Burleys Wood.

How likely would you be to recommend Burleys Wood? Extremely Likely

As my mother-in-law's condition deteriorates she requires more complicated care and assistance. The staff at Burleys show great patience and understanding of her needs and I feel very confident that she will always be safe and her wishes respected. The manager and staff are always available and willing to discuss any worries or concerns to put our minds at rest.

How likely would you be to recommend Burleys Wood? Extremely Likely

Every single member of staff is so kind, caring and welcoming to all the residents and visitors. I always leave the home confident that my parents are being lovingly looked after, and are safe. I am kept informed of all aspects of their care regularly.

How likely would you be to recommend Burleys Wood? Extremely Likely

My grandmother has been a resident at Burleys Wood since February 2017. It was a difficult decision moving her into a home, but was necessary due to her health/mind. She seems happy, safe and well looked after and the team do a good job with difficult care at times. Overall we, as a family, are happy we chose this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Burleys Wood? Extremely Likely

When looking for a care home for my 91-year-old Mum, I looked at many but as soon as I visited Burleys Wood I knew it was the one. It was the friendly and lively atmosphere. Burleys Wood is not just a care home for my Mum, it's a place the family can go and join in the activities and leave knowing that she is safe and cared for and certainly not lonely. The staff and other residents have now become friends to us.

How likely would you be to recommend Burleys Wood? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Burleys Wood for six months. The standard of care has been excellent. All the staff, without exception, have been caring, compassionate, patient, kind, gentle - everything you need when your parent is vulnerable due to dementia. The carers have a hard task, but Burleys Wood seem to find the best of the best when it comes to staff. My mother is happy and content in the home and that makes me happy. A stressful situation has been made so much easier by all the wonderful people at Burleys Wood. I cannot thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Burleys Wood? Extremely Likely

All staff at Burleys Wood recognised what a major event it was to have my mum move home. The manager made her feel very welcome from the day my Mum went there making the experience for us all a lot better than expected.
The staff go out of their way to meet all her care needs and my mum has commented herself that they are very good and as soon as she asks for anything they are there (this isn't always easy with dementia patients).
I am very impressed how caring they all are and were so excited recently to tell me how mum was singing and dancing to Mama Mia. They go out of their way to try and make sure she is happy and feels safe and cared for.
The manager runs an excellent home and the way they all work as a team makes things work well. I am very fortunate to have my Mum at Burleys Wood.

How likely would you be to recommend Burleys Wood? Extremely Likely

The staff are genuinely friendly and caring. They even say it is the best care home in Crawley. I can take my dog in anytime. They make her and me very welcome. Mum has settled in better than I even expected. She seems content.

Submit a Review for Burleys Wood

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Burleys Wood

Leyla

Leyla Ari

Job Title: HR Manager

Joined: 2001

I started working for Shaw in 2001 as a Home Administrator. I'm now the Regional HR Manager for the South East Region and I'm responsible for helping the managers with aspects of employing and supporting their staff team which is an incredibly varied and exciting role. One of my main responsibilities is overseeing the recruitment of our staff. Working in care as a support worker can be a fantastic feeling. You get to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people whilst earning a competitive salary. I meet people on a daily basis who are incredibly passionate about what they do, and its great to see our core values or 'wellness, happiness, and kindness' really being put to use when it comes to the care of our service users. We are always on the look out for committed people who would like to compliment our existing staff team. If you would like to consider a career in care for the first time, or whether you are an experienced carer or nurse we would be happy to talk through the positions we have available with you. If you would like to know anything please call us on 02920 365072 or you can check out our job vacancies at www.shaw.co.uk

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Burleys Wood