Oakhill House Care Home

Eady Close, Highlands Road, Horsham RH13 5NA

Located close to the centre of Horsham in Sussex, Oakhill House is a friendly care home, offering residential dementia and nursing dementia care.

Oakhill House has been carefully designed to provide a safe and secure environment for elderly people with dementia care needs. Accommodation includes bright and comfortable lounge areas and a dining room, as well as pleasantly decorated bedrooms, many with en-suite facilities.

The warmer months allow residents to enjoy the delightful gardens, a great place to welcome family and friends. Residents have access to Wifi and Skype as well as a computer room, an optician, nutritionist and reminiscence sessions.

The freshest produce is prepared by the in-house chef to create tasty and healthy meals for residents.

Oakhill House organises monthly themed events which residents enjoy and can invite family and friends along to. There is also a dedicated activities centre where residents can enjoy arts and crafts, reminiscence therapy, flower arranging and painting.

Person in charge: Eunice Mundopa (Interim Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 49 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Gujarati, Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Oakhill House Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Oakhill House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Oakhill House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.472 for Oakhill House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (76 Excellents x 5) + (58 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 142 Ratings = 4.472

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Oakhill House Care Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.8 positive Reviews (49 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 9.8 Target Reached = 1

9.5 Oakhill House Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.472) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Oakhill House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Oakhill House Care Home

• No Connection Provided

Very satisfied with everything and grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Extremely Likely

From the outset, the staff have been excellent - so friendly and helpful. I noticed a change in my father almost immediately - after just a week he was joining in with the activities. I am able to leave him there and not worry about whether he is ok, which has been a big relief to me lately.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Extremely Likely

The food is good, the carers and the nurses are good. The layout of the home is nice with wide passages. The rooms are clean and spacious. Generally, everything is OK at Oakhill House. We are happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services admiistrator at Oakhill House Care Home responded to this review on 23 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear that you are happy in our care.

We are generally very pleased with the quality of service and find the staff both friendly and efficient.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer service administrator at Oakhill House Care Home responded to this review on 23 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager

Oakhill House is the best home for my father. The staff are great and always inform us of any changes. They are always happy. The atmosphere is nice at the home now. The staff know my father so well.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care staff and nurses are excellent, patient, caring, competent. The meals given to my husband appear excellent. There is variety and healthy ingredients, he eats a lot.
The management underwent some upheaval earlier but things seem to have settled down now.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Oakhill House Care Home responded to this review on 18 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

Oakhill House has been going through some changes and should emerge with an overall standard of excellence. I have been humbled by the care and kindness shown by the carers and the nurses. I could not have travelled this past year without their support.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Oakhill House Care Home responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

Who would ever want to put their mum in a care home? Unfortunately, we could no longer give her good enough care at home. At Oakhill, it is the compassion of the staff which is outstanding. They treat mum and all the residents with great dignity and genuine concern. There is a new and vibrant activities coordinator who is bringing much-needed activities to the home which has been lacking for several months due to staffing problems. Things are looking up now and we know whenever we go home, that we are leaving mum in safe and loving hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Likely

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you know that your mum is in safe and loving hands and I'm sure she will love joining in with the different activities on offer.

We have been very happy with the care my mother has received. We have been kept informed at all times of any changes in my mother. The staff are friendly and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot express how pleased I was with Oakhill House, the care and the staff. My husband has only been there for a couple of months but seemed to settle in immediately. Everyone is so kind and there is always lovely food available for the residents.

He was away from home for six months before moving to Oakhill House, and on every visit he would ask "have you come to get me?", "am I coming home?". He has never asked that since he has been here, so I think that speaks for itself.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Oakhill House Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear that your husband has settled so well. It must give you such peace of mind knowing that he is happy and that he is well cared for.

I found the staff to be extremely helpful, whether it be carers and/or management when I visited my Mother in July. The circumstances surrounding my visit were very unfortunate, this was due to the sudden death of a dear friend who visited my Mother at least two to three times a week and ensured that Mum had everything that she needed. When I spoke to the manageress she was extremely helpful and understanding and spent time with me discussing how best we should deal with the situation, which could have been very distressing for my Mum and this certainly helped to put my mind at rest and I was extremely thankful for the time and trouble that all the staff took and spent with myself. Thank you it was very much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakhill House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Oakhill House Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

I find all the staff very helpful. The care they give to my mother is five stars. They are very well trained and extremely caring. I don't live in the UK but every time I visit I am treated as if I visit everyday. Always a nice greeting and I am always informed on the mother's health.

Submit a Review for Oakhill House Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oakhill House Care Home