The Shelley, Worthing, West Sussex

The Shelley is a Worthing care home that welcomes long-term needs as well as offering respite and day care to the local community.

Established with a vision to enhance quality of life, professionals strive to achieve a 'refreshing' approach to residential care, in which residents feel supported, but also active and at home.

Staff are committed to making sure residents make the most of a luxury environment, with facilities that include en-suite rooms, wheelchair-friendly gardens, WiFi access and a rich and varied menu of high quality food.

Popular activities include arts and crafts, flower arranging, games and quizzes, exercise classes, food and wine tasting and regular outings.

Owner: Shelley Ltd

Person in charge: Marlene Sanders (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 32 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Shelley: click here

8.1 The Shelley has a Review Score of 8.1 (8.149)

The Review Score of 8.1 (maximum of 10) for The Shelley is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Shelley in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.2 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.993 for The Shelley is calculated as follows: ( (143 Excellents x 5) + (1 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 144 Ratings = 4.993

The 3.156 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Shelley is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 6.4 positive Reviews (32 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 6.4 Target = 0.156

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Shelley?

Reviewer Connection to The Shelley

• Relative of Resident/Service User

I have lived at The Shelley for four years now and have always found it excellent, but it is the last few weeks that really proved to me they are the best since my knee surgery last month, I have been showered with care and kindness second to none. Nothing is too much trouble for them, they all without exception attend to me with kindness. I am very fortunate to have found The Shelley when I did.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

I have been a happy resident at The Shelley for 8 years now. The staff are wonderful, nothing is too much trouble for them. They are always willing to help and do their best for you as always. Christmas is very special here with everyone doing their best to make it a time to remember. I love the food here, plentiful and always a lot of choice. I would not want to be anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

The Shelley is a wonderful place, all the staff are so kind and caring. My father has enjoyed his stay and will be sad to leave all the wonderful staff to go to his new flat. They have been so attentive when he has been ill and know if he doesn't feel himself. The entertainment has been good, lots of singing and outings. The 2 lady organisers are full of fun. The food is wonderful, my dad has put on a bit of weight but looks much healthier for it. My dad has said if he doesn't get on independently at his flat he will be back! Thank you for so much.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

Always friendly greeting on arrival and when in residence. Bells to all help answered promptly. Activities above average. The happiness of the staff working together is a great back ground help to the residents, a very good atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

My experience since living at The Shelley is of the highest standard.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

I have lived here for eight years and it has become my second home. The owner, manager, deputies and all of the staff treat me as a human being and care for me in a gentle and positive way. Nothing is too much trouble and I have all the independence I need. The security of living here is a massive relief and I have no need to worry anymore. I am pampered respected and loved greatly by many. There is a constant buzz about the home, and laughter and love is everywhere. The food is of an extremely high standard with no shortage of anything, and superb choice at all times. the activities, entertainment, outings and daily happenings are in abundance. There is no need to be bored. My family live overseas but they don't have to worry about me now. I love living here and I am most fortunate to be able to do so.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

I have been a resident in The Shelley for 18 months now originally for a fortnight respite, after two heart attacks. The care and kindness that I received from the staff made me realise that at my age it was prudent to sell my flat and move in permanently. I have a warm comfortable room with en-suite bathroom, to which I have brought my most personal treasures. The room and bathroom are cleaned and dusted daily. We have a weekly hairdresser, aromatherapy and chiropodist. Occasionally I send various members of the family a copy of our weekly food and entertainments menu to convince them that I really am living in the lap of luxury. Visitors are always given a warm welcome. Needless to say I am a very happy resident.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

I cannot speak highly enough of The Shelley, it's wonderful everybody is so kind and thoughtful. To me it's one happy family.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

It is the most wonderful place to be this time of year. My daughter lives in Australia but I have may dear friends and family here. The Christmas decorations are simply wonderful, so much effort had been put into providing us with a most wonderful time.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

My father was extremely happy and comfortable and was looked after well. The staff, most of whom had worked there for a long time, were very kind and caring. They were endlessly patient and would go out of their way to help him to be as independent as possible. Whenever I visited they made me feel welcome and at ease and included me in their strategies for caring for my father so that I felt we were working together in his best interest. My father could often be heard telling visitors what a wonderful place Shelley was and I am only too happy to agree with this. I would recommend the Shelley to anyone who was considering living in a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Shelley? Extremely Likely

Everything about The Shelley was excellent. Staff very friendly and always helpful. Food very tasty, high quality and a good variation. Staff always willing to fit in with the patients. It was like a lovely hotel! My aunt says she is definitely coming back!

Excellent care and attention
The care attention given to my father at The Shelley Care Home was excellent. It was a great joy for us to see him joining in and smiling. Our thanks to all of the staff for helping us to understand his needs and find solutions, with our deep gratitude for their compassionate support.

Submit a Review for The Shelley

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

October 2015

2015 Care Manager of the Year

Recipient: The Shelley

Date: Thursday 15 Oct 2015

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Shelley