Buchan Street, Kings Hedges, Cambridge CB4 2XL
Buchan House is a care home providing person-centred care for adults aged 65+, including those living with dementia and those with nursing needs.
Situated close to the King Hedges area, north of Cambridge city centre, the home is accessible by car from the A14 and can be easily reached by bus.
Buchan House is divided in to three units, Sunflower, Snowdrop and Iris, over two floors. All rooms are single occupancy with en-suite facilities.
Each unit has a dining area, lounge and a kitchenette as well as bathrooms, shower rooms and toilets throughout the home
The upper floor is accessed by stairs or a lift.
Buchan House provides -
• A high standard of care and support 24 hours a day
• Long term and respite care
• A high standard of housekeeping including a laundry service
• Traditional home-cooked meals using fresh ingredients
• A warm and welcoming environment with a ‘home from home’ atmosphere
• Meaningful and purposeful activities and outings planned through a structured programme following discussions with the people living in Buchan House and their families
• Enclosed, landscaped gardens with wheelchair access
Group: Excelcare Holdings
Person in charge: Wojciech Kuczkowski (Manager)
Local Authority / Social Services: Cambridgeshire County Council (click for contact details)
Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 66 Service Users
Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability
Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's
Admission Information: Ages 65+.
Single Rooms: 66
Rooms with ensuite WC: 66
Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room
Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Buchan House: click here
* Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.
Job Title: General Manager
Wojciech started his career at Buchan House in 2005 as a Healthcare Assistant, became the Deputy Manager in 2008 and then the General Manager 2012.
Wojciech’ qualifications include NVQ Level 2 and Level 4 in Health and Social Care and Level 4 in Management and Leadership.
Job Title: Care Manager
Suja became the Care Manager at Buchan House in November 2012. Prior to this Suja worked in our sister homes as a Registered Nurse.
Suja has a nursing degree, an NVQ level 4 in Management and is a mentor for nursing students and adaptation.
Suja is responsible for the running of the home in the absence of the General Manager.
There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Buchan House