Rocklee Ltd is a Stafford care home that offers a personal care approach to many specialises conditions related to mental health.

Respect and dignity are crucial to carers' goals, for which purpose professionals look to involve residents and their loved ones in any key decisions.

Many group activities are available for clients to enjoy and skilled care workers are on hand throughout the day and night.

Owner: Mrs J Martin

Person in charge: Jacqueline Martin (Owner/Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 11 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Mental Health Condition

Specialist Care Categories: Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Epilepsy • Schizophrenia

Admission Information: Residents aged 40 and over. Ages from 40 to 65.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £440 – £550 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Rocklee Ltd to find out the exact price for your requirements.) (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Rocklee Ltd to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Just by junction 14 M6 take the slip road to the Stone Road 4th turning on the round about follow down Stone Road to the address A34.

Any time but Rocklee does like to protect meal times.

Carpark at the entrance Gordon Avenue.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Rocklee Ltd: click here

9.7 Rocklee Ltd has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.706)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Rocklee Ltd is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 27 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Rocklee Ltd in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.706 for Rocklee Ltd is calculated as follows: ( (239 Excellents x 5) + (73 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 323 Ratings = 4.706

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Rocklee Ltd is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 2.2 positive Reviews (11 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 2.2 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Rocklee Ltd?

Reviewer Connection to Rocklee Ltd

• Father of Resident/Service User

I have set myself goals and in the first week, I have got myself a voluntary job in a charity shop. I look forward to it to meet new people and move forward in my life and get skills to live in my own home. I have done such a lot in 12 months. I am pleased with myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

My experience at Rocklee Ltd is good because I enjoy doing activities like going to the shops. I really like going on holiday to see the different places.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

The meals are nice, we have salad with our sandwiches.
I am trying to keep the chatter down in my bedroom.
The garden is kept neat. The rhubarb has sprung up for the 4th time. The strawberries have now disappeared till next year.
We have a new shower now on one side of the house.
The staff are very helpful in more ways than one.
We have a drinks trolly and we can have a cup of tea when we need one. I am doing more chores and the house.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

My stay at Rocklee has included various holidays. The food is always good and in big portions. Recently the staff have fitted a shower and toilet room on the opposite side of my bedroom.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Unlikely

Staff are very good with all their work but still find time for one to ones.

Staff have time for all residents and they all listen to things I ask for and about.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

I like holidays. I like going out for a meal. I like outings. I like birthdays. I like Christmas.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

I like my freedom. I like going on holidays. I like my pals and everything and I like living at Rocklee Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Likely

Now the spring is here I go out more. I do not go on holiday which is my wish but I do go to the library and visit my family whilst the other residents are away. The staff at Rocklee are very helpful. I help myself to be clean and healthy. We have new staff. 2 or 3 may be going but they are very friendly and helpful. I have my voting papers so I am going to vote this year. The garden is looking better now we have flowers here and there.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

Rocklee is first class. Staff very helpful and all staff do a very good job. They make sure I take my pills and find things to do to keep me up to date with all things.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

I like to be here because the staff help me to be independent by making me go out. I help them with jobs. I enjoy all the different ones I do. I have learnt a lot, cooking, washing, meetings.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

I go to collage. I like living at Rocklee. Good food. I like staff, they are good to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

I went to have my feet done with a member of staff. I had a pedicure and my feet felt wonderful. It was nice to go round town with my key worker and I am doing things I hadn't for years and it was nice to do something I won't do for a long time. My life has changed since I moved to Rocklee Ltd. I look forward to going to the gym.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

I like being at Rocklee. I like the food at Rocklee.
I like going into Stafford town mainly Monday to Friday. I like having reviews.
I like listening to music. The reviews here at Rocklee do me good I like the staff here and the residents here at Rocklee.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

Our recent review, as always was conducted with compassion, consideration and professionally considering our son's needs and progress with empathy. We have nothing but praise for all the staff. Our son's progress is discussed and ways to help and support his recent problems discussed in a professional and understanding manner. He is treated as part of a big family with respect and understanding we do not know how we would have managed without them. As a family, it has given us peace of mind and knowing we have made the right decision at a very difficult time.

Jacqui Martin, Manager at Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 05 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your review. I will pass these lovely comments on to the team. We always try our best and will continue to support our clients with the 6cs and help to improve peoples lives.

I had a nice time in Cornwall with Rocklee. Staff were very good. I enjoyed the food. They encouraged me to do activities and I enjoyed them.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Unlikely

j martin, manager at Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 27 Oct 2016:

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us you are welcome anytime.

I like holidays. I like going out for a meal. I like going out to places of interest.
I like Birthdays and Christmas. I like horse riding and there is something new to do.

J Martin, manager at Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

It is a friendly place to be. Very good staff. Lovely surroundings, lots to do.

J. Martin, Manager at Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

Pleasure, We enjoyed your company looking forward to seeing you again, hope you can make it on one of the holidays next year.

I like holidays.
I like horse riding.
I like the food.
I like birthdays.
I like outings.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

I have just returned from a holiday with my sister and the residents, we had a great time on the beach collecting shells, playing games and paddling in the sea. We also went and played ten pin bowling, crazy golf and we also went on a day trip to Fantasy Island where we went shopping. We all had a great time together.

Lee Melvin, Care Staff at Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday and I'm pleased you could enjoy it with your sister.

My husband died a few years ago and I always feel down towards his anniversary, I am at my sisters at least 2-3 times a week, the manager has been there for me to talk to. Everyone at Rocklee was going on holiday the week of his anniversary, they invited me to go along with them. I had a great time with everyone, we went paddling in the sea, dancing on the night-time with the residents. We all had a brilliant time, and I have always felt like part of the family even more.

Lee Melvin, care staff at Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

I am glad we've been able to support you, here at rocklee we feel we can attend to everyone's needs.

Very good, more confidence and more chilled out.
I have made friends. Get on well with the staff, they are friendly. Meals very good. Looking forward to holiday.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Likely

I was welcomed into the home my bedroom is very nice. They made my bedroom in red as I like Stoke city this was my choice. U have staff 24 hr that I can talk to and can eat food in my room. The staff have been shopping for me and purchased new clothes as I needed some and have arranged some trips to football matches for the future. I have made some new friends already who understand my condition and needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Likely

I love it, I like to go shopping, I like to go to the pub. I like games, I like to go out and get my own cigarettes. I like to put on my make up. I like and love the other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

I find that as far as I can see the residents are well looked after and encouraged to take part in various activities. Also they have three or four holidays a year and sometimes are encouraged to attend college. Their medical and psychological care is of the utmost importance.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

I like Rocklee because its close to town. I'm interested in record shops vinyl variety. Good selection of charity shops and selection of eating houses. I'm free to come and go as I please. I enjoy my meals at Rocklee but I do like going to the chip shop.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Likely

Well organised and managed care home. I've had previous experience in recent times in two other homes this is head and shoulders superior to all of the others.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Ltd? Likely

I like going shopping and sharing with other residents. I like going to college and out to town. I like cooking at college. We have a good time and we are all good friends in the home.

Submit a Review for Rocklee Ltd

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Rocklee Ltd

Harry Coates

Job Title: Care Suport Worker

Joined: 2016

I came to Rocklee on a 12 week work experience placement for my college course, and from the day I started, I was made welcome by staff and the residents and really felt like part of the team.
I gained experience and training over the 12 weeks of placement and gained support when finding a second placement in a similar environment and was sad to leave.
I was soon offered a part time job opportunity working weekends. Since starting I have gained even more experience in recognising mental health, and training on such matters like safeguarding, depression, medication, first aid etc which I can use to help me further my career. I have since gained a greater knowledge in mental health, and changed my career paths, knowing this is the type of job I would like to go into and to help provide others with a better quality of life.

Kayleigh Hendon

Job Title: work experience based

Joined: 2017

I have always shown a great interest with the care industry, however, I have never been given the opportunity due to my age. I then got in touch with Rock lee who have took me on so I can learn all about the care sector. Being at Rock lee I am gaining a lot of experience and confidence in order to gain an understanding within the different paths that Rock lee require here. I hope to become a valuable member of Rock lee as I would like carry on further within the care sector to gain opportunities' and knowledge in order to gain my full potential to the pathway to health and social care.

Thomas Allman

Job Title: Apprentice care worker

Joined: 2016

when I left high school I joined Collage to do vehicular Mechanics but that wasn't for me so I had completed my first year to gain my qualification and joined an agency since I was looking for work and did not know what do during my time there I was given three jobs, packing medical equipment, making sanding blocks and loading and unloading containers after several months they had stopped phoning for work and I had to join job seekers where they gave me work experience in a local shop, However the shop manager was unprofessional and I had left of my own accord, later I found a job in a chip shop where I was doing well until I had moved, After a month I had found a training academy, where they helped me obtain my level two in English and an apprenticeship in my health and social care.

I uphold the certain values such as equal rights, e.g. race, gender or sexual orientation and I know this is the path for me.

I have had an interest in this area of work since I have started.

Philip Ransom

Job Title: night care worker

Joined: 2013

I started working for Rocklee Ltd in 2013 following 2 years working for Staffordshire Ambulance Service. I wanted to help people regain confidence and social skills, enabling them to intergrate back into society and to have a better quality of life. Since being employed at Rocklee I have been fortunate to be able to increase my knowledge of many different conditions and learnt how to deal with them. I have also learnt a lot to do with nutrition and how it can effect certain conditions , and how it can improve peoples health. I have also learnt a lot about diabetes, and have gone on to help people improve their condition gaining control of their diabetes and health. The nutrition side also has helped with medications that are taken within the home. Training is ongoing and I am constantly updating my knowledge of this health care sector.

Karen Robinson

Job Title: Bank

Joined: 2015

I have been in care work for 4 years, I decided to change my career role, due to finding myself, using health support services, and I decided what a valuable and satisfying role this is, to support people in care.

Since I took the role, I have worked in 3 different sectors of Health and Social Care, and have obtained, various knowledge, I have done 75% of my experience has been covered via dementia care, and after I undertook training, I realised that dementia can even affect people under the age of 50, so I took the job on at Rocklee, as it fitted my aims, of what I wanted to learn and support. I have come across different conditions, within this client group, of which I have found interesting, as I want to share my experiences.

Since been at Rocklee, I have completed, new awards that is extending my personal development profile. I have just completed Common Health Conditions, which has explored dementia and arthritic conditions, of which I have found very valuable.

This is leading me now, to a different pathway of learning knowledge, as I have just engaged, on NVQ award in Mental Health.

On a positive note, I have found a role, that fits in with my personal life, which is another bonus of reward.

jacqui martin

Job Title: Care manager

Joined: 1983

I have 36 years working experience in care i enjoy working with the client group mental health.
my role is to ensure that the homes activity is to meet the direction of the essential standards of cqc and that the home meets organisations policys. I have achieved many new skills by trainning my self and personal development . which i pass on to my team i feel that my main skill is by listening to my clients and improving the care we provide , and engaging
in expanding our skills matrix .to support our clients with their changing needs. I have enjoyed the training I have received and been able to pass my knowledge on to others.

Lee Melvin

Job Title: Health support worker

Joined: 2009

I started working at rocklee via work experience I then progressed to further education and obtained a sports degree in coaching and health and nutrition, I tried a few other jobs and decided I wanted to go back into the care industry and do a job where I get a satisfaction from supporting people. on my pathway I am gaining skills through experience and training and visiting all those small paths to gain knowledge to support my road to my goal.
This year I have supported clients in their independent living and have hoped to achieve their goals in moving forward.

Alison Jane Cooper

Job Title: Care Manager's Personal Assistant

Joined: 2012

I have been working as PA to Jacqui Martin for the past 2 years, whereby I have learnt a considerable amount of knowledge concerning the mental health within a residential care home.

I have recently completed my Mental Health Awareness Qualification Level II and completion also of my Dignity Certificate Level II, and I am now in the process of working towards a Cooking Diploma .

I enjoy my job considerably, and like assisting in the successful operation of the home, and I know that I have brought my outside knowledge in for being a Personal Assistant for the past 20 years for the local Chamber of Commerce before being made redundant, in March 2012.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rocklee Ltd