Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd

341/343 Stone Road, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST16 1LB

Rocklee Ltd is a Stafford care home that offers a personal care approach to many specialises conditions related to mental health.

Respect and dignity are crucial to carers' goals, for which purpose professionals look to involve residents and their loved ones in any key decisions.

Many group activities are available for clients to enjoy and skilled care workers are on hand throughout the day and night.

Owner: Mrs J Martin

Person in charge: Jacqueline Martin (Owner/Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 11 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition

Specialist Care Categories: Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Epilepsy • Schizophrenia

Admission Information: Residents aged 40 and over. Ages from 40 to 65.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £440 – £550 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Just by junction 14 M6 take the slip road to the Stone Road 4th turning on the round about follow down Stone Road to the address A34.

Any time but Rocklee does like to protect meal times.

Ca rpark at the entrance Gordon Avenue.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 29 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.676 for Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd is calculated as follows: ( (241 Excellents x 5) + (88 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 340 Ratings = 4.676

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 2.2 positive Reviews (11 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 2.2 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.676) from 29 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd?

Reviewer Connection to Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd

• Father of Resident/Service User

Once again, Rocklee continues to excel in regards to the care and safeguarding of our son, in what we would only describe as difficult circumstances. Yet at no time do the management or staff show any sign of negativity and always continue to strive to achieve a positive outcome to the challenges they face on a daily basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Likely

Jacqui Martin, Caremanager at Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 27 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your kind words we work together as a team for the best outcome for each of our residents, but without your help, the support you give, understanding, we wouldn't be able to achieve as much as we do. Thank you Rocklee care home Team.

I like the kind people in the home.

Rocklee staff supports me. I like going on holidays. The food is excellent.

I do like the holidays. The staff are very good.

I enjoy the meals and watching TV. Feel at home. I feel safe.

Staff support me. I can bake cakes. I can learn skills. I like the sea and on day trips. Rocklee is home.

I like being at Rocklee. I like the food. I like going on holiday. I like the staff at Rocklee. I like listening to music in that room. I like going into town and collecting money. The staff listen to us.

I enjoy going on holiday. I enjoy day trips out. I enjoy Christmas parties. I enjoy birthdays. I enjoy going out for meals.

I have been on the farm today. I feed sheep with hay walk dogs and walk to the cow in the fields. I go different places and enjoy my trips. Rocklee is my home, Rockwell is my favourite home.

After I came out of the hospital in December, I've become very relaxed and tired. It is nice to know that there is a comfy bed to go to and relax in during the day, which is now quite often. It is quiet in my room and they do give me privacy. I do not watch telly, as I have bad eyesight, so my room is now the main part of the house for me, other than meals.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd? Don't know

I have set myself goals and in the first week, I have got myself a voluntary job in a charity shop. I look forward to it to meet new people and move forward in my life and get skills to live in my own home. I have done such a lot in 12 months. I am pleased with myself.

The meals are nice, we have salad with our sandwiches.
I am trying to keep the chatter down in my bedroom.
The garden is kept neat. The rhubarb has sprung up for the 4th time. The strawberries have now disappeared till next year.
We have a new shower now on one side of the house.
The staff are very helpful in more ways than one.
We have a drinks trolly and we can have a cup of tea when we need one. I am doing more chores and the house.

My stay at Rocklee has included various holidays. The food is always good and in big portions. Recently the staff have fitted a shower and toilet room on the opposite side of my bedroom.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd? Unlikely

Staff are very good with all their work but still find time for one to ones.

Staff have time for all residents and they all listen to things I ask for and about.

Rocklee is first class. Staff very helpful and all staff do a very good job. They make sure I take my pills and find things to do to keep me up to date with all things.

I like to be here because the staff help me to be independent by making me go out. I help them with jobs. I enjoy all the different ones I do. I have learnt a lot, cooking, washing, meetings.

I had a nice time in Cornwall with Rocklee. Staff were very good. I enjoyed the food. They encouraged me to do activities and I enjoyed them.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd? Extremely Unlikely

j martin, manager at Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 27 Oct 2016:

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us you are welcome anytime.

I like holidays. I like going out for a meal. I like going out to places of interest.
I like Birthdays and Christmas. I like horse riding and there is something new to do.

J Martin, manager at Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

It is a friendly place to be. Very good staff. Lovely surroundings, lots to do.

J. Martin, Manager at Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

Pleasure, We enjoyed your company looking forward to seeing you again, hope you can make it on one of the holidays next year.

I like holidays.
I like horse riding.
I like the food.
I like birthdays.
I like outings.

I have just returned from a holiday with my sister and the residents, we had a great time on the beach collecting shells, playing games and paddling in the sea. We also went and played ten pin bowling, crazy golf and we also went on a day trip to Fantasy Island where we went shopping. We all had a great time together.

Lee Melvin, Care Staff at Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday and I'm pleased you could enjoy it with your sister.

My husband died a few years ago and I always feel down towards his anniversary, I am at my sisters at least 2-3 times a week, the manager has been there for me to talk to. Everyone at Rocklee was going on holiday the week of his anniversary, they invited me to go along with them. I had a great time with everyone, we went paddling in the sea, dancing on the night-time with the residents. We all had a brilliant time, and I have always felt like part of the family even more.

Lee Melvin, care staff at Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

I am glad we've been able to support you, here at rocklee we feel we can attend to everyone's needs.

Very good, more confidence and more chilled out.
I have made friends. Get on well with the staff, they are friendly. Meals very good. Looking forward to holiday.

How likely would you be to recommend Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd? Likely

I was welcomed into the home my bedroom is very nice. They made my bedroom in red as I like Stoke city this was my choice. U have staff 24 hr that I can talk to and can eat food in my room. The staff have been shopping for me and purchased new clothes as I needed some and have arranged some trips to football matches for the future. I have made some new friends already who understand my condition and needs.

I love it, I like to go shopping, I like to go to the pub. I like games, I like to go out and get my own cigarettes. I like to put on my make up. I like and love the other residents.

I find that as far as I can see the residents are well looked after and encouraged to take part in various activities. Also they have three or four holidays a year and sometimes are encouraged to attend college. Their medical and psychological care is of the utmost importance.

I like Rocklee because its close to town. I'm interested in record shops vinyl variety. Good selection of charity shops and selection of eating houses. I'm free to come and go as I please. I enjoy my meals at Rocklee but I do like going to the chip shop.

Well organised and managed care home. I've had previous experience in recent times in two other homes this is head and shoulders superior to all of the others.

I like going shopping and sharing with other residents. I like going to college and out to town. I like cooking at college. We have a good time and we are all good friends in the home.

Submit a Review for Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd

Harry Coates

Job Title: Care Suport Worker

Joined: 2016

I came to Rocklee on a 12 week work experience placement for my college course, and from the day I started, I was made welcome by staff and the residents and really felt like part of the team.
I gained experience and training over the 12 weeks of placement and gained support when finding a second placement in a similar environment and was sad to leave.
I was soon offered a part time job opportunity working weekends. Since starting I have gained even more experience in recognising mental health, and training on such matters like safeguarding, depression, medication, first aid etc which I can use to help me further my career. I have since gained a greater knowledge in mental health, and changed my career paths, knowing this is the type of job I would like to go into and to help provide others with a better quality of life.

Philip Ransom

Job Title: night care worker

Joined: 2013

I started working for Rocklee Ltd in 2013 following 2 years working for Staffordshire Ambulance Service. I wanted to help people regain confidence and social skills, enabling them to intergrate back into society and to have a better quality of life. Since being employed at Rocklee I have been fortunate to be able to increase my knowledge of many different conditions and learnt how to deal with them. I have also learnt a lot to do with nutrition and how it can effect certain conditions , and how it can improve peoples health. I have also learnt a lot about diabetes, and have gone on to help people improve their condition gaining control of their diabetes and health. The nutrition side also has helped with medications that are taken within the home. Training is ongoing and I am constantly updating my knowledge of this health care sector.

jacqui martin

Job Title: Care manager

Joined: 1983

I have 36 years working experience in care i enjoy working with the client group mental health.
my role is to ensure that the homes activity is to meet the direction of the essential standards of cqc and that the home meets organisations policys. I have achieved many new skills by trainning my self and personal development . which i pass on to my team i feel that my main skill is by listening to my clients and improving the care we provide , and engaging
in expanding our skills matrix .to support our clients with their changing needs. I have enjoyed the training I have received and been able to pass my knowledge on to others.

Lee Melvin

Job Title: Health support worker

Joined: 2009

I started working at rocklee via work experience I then progressed to further education and obtained a sports degree in coaching and health and nutrition, I tried a few other jobs and decided I wanted to go back into the care industry and do a job where I get a satisfaction from supporting people. on my pathway I am gaining skills through experience and training and visiting all those small paths to gain knowledge to support my road to my goal.
This year I have supported clients in their independent living and have hoped to achieve their goals in moving forward.

Alison Jane Cooper

Job Title: Care Manager's Personal Assistant

Joined: 2012

I have been working as PA to Jacqui Martin for the past 2 years, whereby I have learnt a considerable amount of knowledge concerning the mental health within a residential care home.

I have recently completed my Mental Health Awareness Qualification Level II and completion also of my Dignity Certificate Level II, and I am now in the process of working towards a Cooking Diploma .

I enjoy my job considerably, and like assisting in the successful operation of the home, and I know that I have brought my outside knowledge in for being a Personal Assistant for the past 20 years for the local Chamber of Commerce before being made redundant, in March 2012.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rocklee Residential Care Home t/a Rocklee Ltd