Orchard Blythe, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Orchard Blythe care home is located in Birmingham and is committed to quality long-term provision, treating all residents as an individual and respecting their privacy and dignity.

The home is part of care provider Runwood Homes' expanding range, which is highly-regarded in the sector for the difference made to the lives of older and vulnerable people.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Hayley Ann Ford (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Close to Local shops • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Orchard Blythe: click here

9.8 Orchard Blythe has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.841)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Orchard Blythe is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Orchard Blythe in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.841 for Orchard Blythe is calculated as follows: ( (193 Excellents x 5) + (32 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 227 Ratings = 4.841

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Orchard Blythe is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 10 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Orchard Blythe?

Reviewer Connection to Orchard Blythe

I came to be in Orchard Blythe due to an accident at home and many weeks in hospital.
I was only a resident for a month or so to recuperate. I had a very positive experience.
All the staff from the management down are really kind and helpful, the environment was very pleasant and welcoming and the food was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Orchard Blythe now for just over two months and has improved in herself immensely. Initially, in for respite, she is now a full resident. The staff and management are excellent and I am glad to say on behalf of my sister and I it is good to know that our mother is being well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

We as a family have been very pleased with the service at Orchard Blythe. The staff are very caring and kind. We cannot fault the way they looked after my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Staff very friendly, nothing too much trouble. Make a lot of effort to engage residents with trips, concerts, decorating home especially for Halloween and Christmas. Care is the most important thing and this is first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

We cannot thank the staff of Orchard Blythe enough - although my mother-in-law's stay was brief (2 months), we were totally happy with the care she received. The staff were respectful, friendly and happy people at all times creating and loving and caring atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

From when we first visited Orchard Blythe when viewing several care homes before choosing a "new home" for mom, the staff could not have been more helpful. Since her admission to Orchard Blythe on 20th October 2016 all the staff have been absolutely fantastic in the care they have provided to mom and for helping her to settle into her new environment. The facilities and the activities for their residents are excellent. We are extremely happy with the service provided and delighted that we chose Orchard Blythe.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

My father has lived here for the past 11 months and has now sadly passed away. The care he has received in this time has been outstanding. We as a family could not have asked for more.
Also, the compassion from management and staff has been amazing.
We would recommend this home to anyone looking for a care home for family/friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

My experience here - excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

As a visitor to Orchard Blythe, I would like to put on the record how impressed I was with all the staff, premises, bedrooms and the atmosphere. My friend who is convalescing there after the hospital and cataract operations could not be in better hands. He is treated and respected as an individual rather than a number and is obviously benefiting home professional and caring staff at every level. They are very attentive and thorough in all they do. A big thank you and well done to you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

I cannot recommend Orchard Blythe enough. My mum has been a resident for more than 4 years and I can see how hard the staff work to provide a kind, caring environment for mum. My experience of management is that the manager of this home works endlessly and with lots of compassion for "her" residents. My family are always treated with respect and always have time to listen to any questions I/they may have. I have no hesitation in recommending this care home and encourage anyone to go along and see for themselves what an outstanding job they do for our loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

My mother has been attending daycare here for a long time and is now a resident. She has always enjoyed coming here and is now very happy with her room, the staff and all the facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

I visited my neighbour's mother at this care home and I must say just how impressed I was. Certainly changed my perception of a care home.
The place was very well decorated, airy and bright. The garden was nicely presented as were all of the areas I visited.
All of the staff I had contact with were very pleasant and receptive with the residents and conducted themselves in a very professional manner.
I certainly must state, if I wasn't aware that I was in an elderly care environment, I certainly would not have guessed.
Although a care home is not a venue on my to do list in life, a visit to Orchard Blythe has left me with 'I could see myself here' feeling.
Well done Orchard Blythe for making an old acquaintance of mine feel happy and secure.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

My mother came to Orchard Blythe in July 2016 from another care home due to a financial assessment from social services. From day one the general condition and the help the staff have given my mother to settle in has been excellent. On coming to see my mother I can feel the happy atmosphere that she is living in. The home, in general, is excellent from the bedroom to the communal living area. My mother has settled well and is very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Myself and my husband are so pleased with Orchard Blythe. The staff are so nice and they really look after my mother-in-law. The care home is a lovely welcoming place, clean and bright. We feel happy every time we leave knowing that my mother-in-law is well looked after and that she is very happy and settled and without the care of the excellent staff this would not be the case. Myself and my husband are very happy with the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

My sister and I went to view Orchard Blythe for our mother who has dementia. As soon as we walked in we thought it was lovely, fresh modern with a lovely garden, the room for mom had an en-suite, nicely decorated, we were shown around the whole place, staff were very pleasant and chatty. Residents we spoke to all said they were well looked after and happy. Mom moved in a month ago and she has settled really well, she loves her own room, also the food and care carers. In the month that she has been there, we have got to know the staff and feel very pleased that we know mom is happy and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Mother was at Orchard Blythe for 4 and a half years, and died at the age of 96. Her care, throughout, was excellent. Staff were warm and friendly; even loving. The environment was homely with every effort made to integrate residents into the community and appropriate entertainment provided. In mom's last days she was discharged from a brief stay in hospital back to the home at their insistence (something they were not obliged to do being a 'care' not 'nursing' home). The devoted attention shown by the staff during this period was way beyond the call of duty. Even the handyman came in to see her every day. We could not have hoped for a better going for mom.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

I visited a friend at the above home and found the facilities and the staff wonderful, the staff was very helpful. The staff looked after my friend very well (he say's) and are very kind. I found the home very clean and comfortable and there was a nice smell unlike some nursing homes I've been in. They were doing activities with the people as I left, all round a nice place for our elderly people to spend their final years!

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home. Caring, person centred, caring, committed, passionate staff are marvellous. The manager and deputy more than approachable. The food is fantastic, this home is superb.

How likely would you be to recommend Orchard Blythe? Extremely Likely

Love and warmth and atmosphere is marvelous, so grateful to the love and care given to my mother at all times.
I feel the need to give a comment regarding deputy Manager. What a genuine committed well respected lady within Orchard Blythe. I was made too feel important and time did not matter this really makes a good care home.
Thank you.

Submit a Review for Orchard Blythe

Top 20 Care Homes West Midlands 2017

Recipient: Orchard Blythe

Recipient: Runwood Homes Ltd

Top 20 Care Homes West Midlands 2014

Recipient: Orchard Blythe

Date: Saturday 01 Feb 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Orchard Blythe