Neale Court

Neale Road, North Hykeham, Lincoln LN6 9UA

Neale Court Care Home offers residential and dementia care in a quiet residential area of North Hykeham. Neale Court consists of 23 ground and first floor self-contained flats, there is a comfortable lounge and conservatory as well as a large, well-maintained garden for residents to enjoy.

The accommodation offers a homely environment and residents are encouraged to personalise their flat with their own belongings and furniture. All areas are wheelchair accessible and there is a lift to the first floor.

An open-door policy is in place encouraging relatives and friends to visit at all times. The home offers a wide range of activities, outings and opportunities to pursue interests and hobbies.

Group: Country Court Care

Person in charge: Becky Hunt (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lincolnshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 23 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Neale Court Care Home is situated to the south west of Lincoln City centre in North Hykeham and close to the A46. At the A46 roundabout with the A1434 take Newark Road towards North Hykeham, at the junction with Station Road turn right at Moor Lane and follow to the end of the road. At the end of Moor Lane turn right onto Mill Lane, take the first left onto Clarke Road then right onto Perney Crescent then take the first right onto Neale Road, follow the road round to the left.

Visitors are welcome at any time.

There is car parking on site.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Neale Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Neale Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Neale Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.668 for Neale Court is calculated as follows: ( (169 Excellents x 5) + (60 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 238 Ratings = 4.668

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Neale Court is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4.6 positive Reviews (23 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 4.6 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Neale Court has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.668) from 20 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Neale Court?

Reviewer Connection to Neale Court

The staff and management were very friendly and looked after my husband very well. My husband has a lot of problems he is on oxygen all the time and they coped with that very well. He also has COPD, heart failure and short memory dementia and they looked after him very well.
He also needs help getting washed and dressed and sometimes with the toilet. The service was good and he is going again.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

My mother was in Neale Court for over four years and during this time, the care she received was excellent.
The staff went out of their way to see that all her needs were met, and throughout her last illness couldn't have done more to make her comfortable and content.
They became her friends as well as her carers.
The staff always made friends and family welcome at all time and were extremely kind to me. Letting me stay with mum day and night towards the end of her life.
I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone at Neale Court you were wonderful!

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

When my health deteriorated and I decided to look for a care home, Neale Court was mentioned and when I visited to view the accommodation I found the staff extremely friendly and welcoming. The individual flats were ideal for me, unfortunately, I had only been in my flat a few weeks when I became very ill and had to spend several weeks in the hospital, however, once coming back to my flat all the staff have looked after me extremely well and nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

I have been in Neale Court since 22 December and have found the room, staff, food very good. I have not been to many activities as I like my own company but the ones I have been to were very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Likely

I can highly recommend Neale Court. The staff and management are caring and considerate at all times. The atmosphere is wonderful and it really does feel like home. Visitors are welcomed and everyone is friendly and helpful. Anyone thinking of Neale Court as a future home for their relative should feel confident they will be relaxed and happy as nothing is too much trouble for the carers here.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

I have visited this home serveral times to see my uncle. The staff are always friendly and professional. The care they give to the residents is excellent, their patience and kindness towards them. They have time for them and encourage the residents to participate in activities. The residents enjoy lovely meals and the home is always clean and tidy. My family couldn't wish for a better home for our realative to live in.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Neale Court for a while now. As I live in Scotland, unable to visit as frequently as I would like it gives me great comfort to know my mum is so well looked after. The carers are all wonderful, the food appears to be of a high standard from what I have seen. The manager was exceptional in getting my mum into respite initially then in permanently.

I can not recommend the place enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

The home is run very efficiently and is extremely well organised.
Mum's room/flat is kept immaculately clean.
She has always enjoyed activities and contact with staff who are polite, friendly and cheerful.
She has found the meals to be very good.
Since her stroke and eventual release from the hospital towards the end of July, Mum has remained bedridden.
We have been delighted with the home's response to her situation.
She is changed regularly and repositioned on a regular basis.
She is kept very comfortable and is kept washed and clean to a high standard.
The staff have been conscientious about helping her to eat and drink and getting treatment immediately for any problems.
She is treated with dignity and kindness and respect at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

Mum has settled extremely well at Neale Court. she was made welcome the first day she entered the home. Neale Court is a very well run, organised, and clean care home that offers attentive, happy and very caring staff who have always dealt with my mum's needs with a totally professional attitude.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

The Christmas season was upon us, every effort over and above the minimum was committed to trimmings, singers, carols, food, all the extra touches that make Christmas, Christmas for the residents. Still all standards were maintained in running a day to day service, impressed with all the staff commitment.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

Fantastic service from all staff. Very helpful with my needs. Home is kept very clean and tidy. Meals are excellent. The flat is everything I could hope for, my own kitchen, bathroom, seating area and bedroom.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

This is the fourth time that I have had respite care at Neale Court. I have had seven weeks there in total. I find all of the staff are very kind and compassionate. Also very obliging and willing to help you. It is a small care home and has a lovely family atmosphere. It is very quiet and peaceful there. I own my own home and my physical health is bad. I have told the manager that I would like to live in Neale Court in about a year maybe two, but looking forward to spending Christmas with you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

After viewing a few care homes, Mum chose Neale Court and as a family, we agreed with her this was the nicest one. We particularly liked the friendliness and caring attitude of every member of staff that we had met. The size of Mum's flat is perfect for her advancing age a medical condition. It is always kept clean and tidy by the staff. The care Mum is receiving is amazing and nothing is too much trouble. They are all willing to do anything that Mum needs. She is very settled and happy to be there.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

Staff are very friendly, kind and supportive. They continue to be really lovely with mum, patient, kind and always so positive while remaining totally professional. The food is excellent, the care outstanding. Mum settled very quickly and is happy, we believe it is because of the wonderful care she gets. As a family, we travel weekly from London or Newcastle - the quality of care has consistently been outstanding. They have always been excellent in communicating - and always very happy to answer any questions we have.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

When I first came in 2004, residents including myself were mobile and we were able to go out and about. Now only one or two are able to. We are able to get more people coming in with mental problems. Some never leave their rooms and don't take part in any activities. I prefer to spend most of my time in my room reading, doing crosswords, and other puzzles and watching quizzes and factual programmes on TV. I have a mobility chair and go to the local shops if I need to, weather permitting, and I go out whenever outings are arranged.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

We are very happy with Mums care at Neale Court it is a lovely place, clean, fresh and with a happy, quiet and calm atmosphere. Lovely gardens and surroundings and the 'flat' having her own kitchen is a great idea. She has struggled to come to terms with Dads death and the resulting need for care and would have found admission to any residential care situation very difficult. She has settled far better than we could have hoped for. She says herself the staff are lovely, the food is very good, her room is kept very clean, everybody is very friendly and she is very well looked after. Her favourite quote is 'they call it a home and it is a home'.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

My uncle has vascular dementia, arthritis, and a heart arrhythmia. The care home is extremely good with him, they look after his every need. All the carers work to a high standard.
The lounge, dining room hall etc are always clean and fresh. My uncle's room is kept clean and tidy his bed is made, always with fresh linen.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

The manager and staff at this care home are to be commended for their care and understanding. During my stay I was made to feel "a person" who was not ignored when I made a request, which was unlike previous care homes in the Lincoln area. Communication was good which is a great help when away from home. What I would like would be more activities. I would certainly recommend this home for good care and attention, also food!

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Neale Court for the past two years 6 months as she has vascular dementia and I cannot praise all the staff and the home highly enough. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. The choice of food seems very good. Visitors are made very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Neale Court? Extremely Likely

My stay in Neale Court wasn't planned but when I fell and broke my wrist of my right arm, because of my husband's vision and mobility problems, respite care was recommended. We have been very happy here as the staff are so friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make life as easy and normal as possible.
Going to the hospital for my orthopaedic appointments couldn't be easier as transport has been booked and meal times adjusted to suit me.
During the night, the staff look after us very well and quickly respond to our calls, which is very reassuring. We are returning to our home soon and I know I feel stronger physically and mentally to cope with life there.

Submit a Review for Neale Court

Date: Friday 31 Mar 2017

Rebecca

Rebecca Hunt

Joined: 2004

Rebecca has been Manager of Neale Court Care Home for almost 5 years. Having previously worked at Country Court Care's sister home Ruckland Court in Lincoln, Rebecca progressed from Care Assistant to Senior Carer and then Deputy Manager before moving to Neale Court Care Home.
Rebecca has Level 5 Diploma in management and NVQ Levels 3 and 4 in Health and Social Care.

Patricia

Patricia Exton

Job Title: Housekeeper

Joined: 2016

Patricia joined the team at Neale Court Care Home in February 2016, in a very short time she has become a highly valued member of the team. Passionate about improving the quality of life for residents as well as delivering excellent service, she takes time to get to know each resident and their individual preferences.
Patricia won the East Midland GB Care Award Ancillary Worker Award in 2017.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Neale Court