Kirkby House Care Centre

James Holt Avenue, Westvale, Kirkby, Liverpool L32 5TD

Kirkby House Care Centre, Liverpool, Merseyside

Situated close to the centre of Kirkby in Liverpool, Kirkby House is a care home offering residential dementia care.

The care home offers several places to relax, dine, exercise, socialise and to be creative. Many rooms have garden views.

The pretty, landscaped garden with patio, which is tended by some of the residents, is a favourite spot for spending time in the company of friends and family, particularly in good weather.

The home offers excellent accommodation and good home-cooked food.

All of the stylish and comfortable bedrooms, the majority of which have en-suite facilities, are easily accessible by wheelchair.

The home has its own hairdressing salon and benefits from the services of a visiting optician.

A varied menu is offered and special diets can be catered for.

Kirkby House's trained team deliver all the specialist care and support services to meet the needs of residents, ensuring that all residents receive the kindest possible care.

Person in charge: Tracey Conlin (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 44 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Kirkby House Care Centre: click here

posted 31 Oct 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.8 Kirkby House Care Centre has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.837)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Kirkby House Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 28 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Kirkby House Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.837 for Kirkby House Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (279 Excellents x 5) + (50 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 331 Ratings = 4.837

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Kirkby House Care Centre is based on 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.8 positive Reviews (44 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 16 Reviews ÷ 8.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Kirkby House Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to Kirkby House Care Centre

Mum has got on really well since residing here, she is more responsive and has put on weight. She has her ups and downs but importantly, she is more aware of things going on around her and has improved in leaps and bounds.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

We are very happy to know that my friend is being very well looked after and cared for. I feel that it has allowed the family to enjoy their time spent with her.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I like Kirkby House Care Centre because of the staff and residents are well looked after.
It is a very lively place to be in which is a good thing.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mum-in-law has been here for nearly 2 years. We could not wish for nicer staff to look after her.

She is cared for 24 hours a day and is well loved, the home is always clean and accidents are cleaned up straight away.

The residents are kept clean and treated with dignity. There is always someone to help and say hello.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with Kirkby House, the staff really make it and Mum is happy. I just wish that there could be more activities in the day and seven days a week.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I like Kirkby House because it's friendly and very local for Dad. The staff have a great sense of humour, I'm happy that Mum is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Mum stayed on respite many times and I was very happy with everything, so when the time came for permanent care, Kirkby House was obviously our choice.

Mum has been at Kirkby House for over 2 years now and we are still very happy, and Mum is too.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

On our first visit to Kirkby House we were very impressed with the staff. Happy residents and the overall feel of the homely environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

What impressed me was I was able to call and view without an appointment. It is a lovely homely atmosphere. Plenty going on and a pleasant smell!

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

After viewing three other homes I decided I liked Kirkby House the best and I'm happy with my choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

We decided to put Mum into Kirkby House as we were very happy after viewing. Kirkby House meets Mum's needs and that makes it so much easier for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother and father have lived in Kirkby House for nearly two years. They have both settled in very well and received excellent care. Both have had health scares but have always received prompt and expert assistance and if requiring hospitalisation have returned to Kirkby House and made a good recovery. Overall I would say the staff are marvelous and do a great job. My only criticism (and it's not vital) is that all the rooms are not en-suite!

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I think it's brilliant, mum has settled so well and the staff are great/brilliant, can't find fault.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

We're very happy that mum is at Kirkby House. We were recommended by a friend and are so glad we looked at and chose Kirkby House. Very happy with care that mum is getting that we can't provide.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

We think Kirkby House Care Centre is lovely. My husband has a degree in Mental Health Nursing and when we visit, my husband always says that Kirkby House Care Centre is one of the best care homes has ever seen. Staff are lovely. The manager is very helpful and knowledgeable. Dad says he never stops eating. I would recommend Kirkby House Care Centre.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Without a doubt! I would recommend Kirkby House Care Centre all the residents are all cared for well and look very presentable at all times. As a family, we are very pleased and think it's excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with my husband being at Kirkby House its so very homely and warm and girls are very kind. If any of the answers were dissatisfied I would not have my loved one staying there.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

We as a family chose Kirkby House for dad, because when we visited the place was clean and the staff were helpful. It was great to see interaction around the home we felt it was just like dad being at his home with lots of new people.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with the care provided to mum, the trust we had in staff to take mum out for events. Kirby House is a very happy home to live in or visit. I feel that the end of life care shown to mum was incredible and so very nice and peaceful and we couldn't have asked for more from the team.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

All the staff are fab with my nan and I don't worry about her any more, when ever I need someone to talk to there is someone always there. The room is always clean and I like the way we can come at any time of the day. When I see my nan looking a bit sick or tired the staff always listen to me. I don't have anything bad to say about this place.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

When I made the choice to put my dad in a home as I couldn't look after his 24/7 needs I was very reluctant, but my dad being in Kirkby House I couldn't be happier. I know dad's needs are met, my dad is content where he is and so am I, all the staff are lovely and all the residents are well looked after.
The staff keep me informed with everything with my dad I couldn't recommend them enough, how much of a weight it has taken off me knowing I go home and my dad is safe and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The home and the area is beautiful. There is a decent bus service so I can visit my wife daily and car park facilities. The staff are very good, I am happy with all her care and I know she is HAPPY.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother had been in the care of staff at Kirkby House since March 2015. Staff were so very kind and caring. My mother had Alzheimer's and needed full time personal care. In January 2016 her condition deteriorated. Staff gave the most amazing end of life care until she passed away on 24 January 2016. The staff also looked after my family and me over the last few days, bringing food and drinks to us around the clock.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I cannot praise the staff at Kirkby House highly enough. They looked after my mother like she was their own. I could tell what a fantastic relationship they all had with her. In her last days the staff were also wonderful to us, her sons and daughters. They treated us all with compassion and support, providing us with valid up to date information, and tea! Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I'm happy that my mother-in-law is happy and I'm very glad and pleased.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased that Mum is staying at Kirkby House. Staff are excellent and more to the point Mum is very happy there.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

In the 3 weeks mum has been here I cannot express my gratitude enough in all the support and genuine caring shown to both mum and myself. My mum has really got the spark back in her eyes, she is so settled, has made lots of friends and has not once asked to return to her home. She looks absolutely amazing. I cannot thank all involved in her care here enough. They have really made mums stay here such a pleasurable time. I would 100% recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirkby House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am delighted with the care my mum receives at Kirkby House. It is a relief to me and my siblings to know that mum is safe and that her daily needs are provided for by such a dedicated team.

Submit a Review for Kirkby House Care Centre

Recipient: HC-One

Recipient: HC-One

Tracey

Tracey Conlin

“I believe that kind care means doing that little bit extra that makes the difference to someone’s life.”

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby schools and clubs and is always keen to include the local community in life at Kirkby House.

When asked what she enjoys most about

Away from work, Tracey likes to spend her spare time reading and watching films.

Tracey Conlin

Introducing Tracey Conlin
Home Manager at Kirkby House, Kirkby

What does ‘kindness’ mean to you?

Tracey has gained over 30 years’ experience in providing care and support to older people, to enrich their lives. She is a knowledgeable and committed leader who is passionate about delivering the highest standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Having worked for the company for a number of years, Tracey closely shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She extends this caring approach to her colleagues and works closely with them to deliver care and support to Residents in a way that they gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Tracey remarked: “I just love spending time with our Residents and seeing them smile.”

If you would like to find out more information about Kirkby House, Tracey has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kirkby House Care Centre