Roby Lodge

Tarbock Road, Huyton, Liverpool L36 5XW

Situated alongside neighbouring Roby House, the home offers excellent specialist residential dementia care. Consisting of 40 bright, comfortable single bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities.

This modern facility has a choice of sitting rooms and dining areas in which residents can relax, dine and socialise. The home manager and care team has created a family atmosphere and ensure that all residents receive the kindest care.

The home has excellent access for people with disabilities, call systems in every room as well as specialist bathing facilities.

Roby Lodge trains staff to be highly-skilled in innovative dementia care aspects, maintaining personal health and wellbeing programmes appropriate to each residents' care needs.

Person in charge: Lisa Casey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Roby Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Roby Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 25 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Roby Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 20 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.644 for Roby Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (210 Excellents x 5) + (75 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 298 Ratings = 4.644

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Roby Lodge is based on 20 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 20 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Roby Lodge has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.644) from 25 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Roby Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Roby Lodge

My Father is in Roby Lodge for respite care.
The manager gave us good guidance on admittance.
The staff are all helpful and attentive to my father's needs.
Communication has been very good.
I can't really comment on value for money at the moment as we only pay a contribution to the full charge at the moment.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Likely

A very high standard of care is always provided.
All of the management and staff have been very kind and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have been coming here for over 7 weeks and find it a nice environment for my dad.
He has settled in and all the family are happy with all the care and attention my dad gets here and thank you all for the care you all provide for my dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

The manager and staff are very friendly and approachable. My mother has been a resident since September. The care of my mother has been great. I am very grateful to the staff and never need worry over her. She is always treated with care and respect from all the staff. Staff are always open and honest when I ask how my mother has been whether it's in person or via phone call. To be able to have this trust and good communication with her care home has really helped us as a family to know that we made the right choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

Since my mother came to Roby Lodge, it took a few weeks for her to settle in. I wish to thank the staff for their dedication and kindness, for seeing this through now she has settled in, she is a different person. I am more than happy with the care she receives here. All the staff are fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

I am impressed with the above care home, finding that all the staff are seriously involved in understanding and feeling for all the dementia patients.

The rooms are as good if not better than a lot of hotels I have stayed in. The standard of Roby Lodge id excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Likely

I have found my experience excellent.
It is obviously a difficult time when you learn a loved one cannot live at home.
The staff have welcomed my mother, interact with her and speak to her in a respectful, dignified, human way.
Staff always respond to my calls/enquiries about my mother (and I can compare this to an experience of another home my mother was initially in which was negative).
The staff have helped my experience at a traumatic time be much easier.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

My brother and I are very grateful to Roby Lodge for giving us peace of mind. We know that our Mum is safe and being well cared for and the staff always have her best interests at heart. My Mum recently had a hospital appointment and a carer from the home accompanied her on the journey to the hospital and attended the appointment with me and mum. It was really helpful to have her day to day knowledge of my mum's condition. My mum has been a resident for two and a half years and since the new management has taken over there have been many improvements, particularly in providing activities for the residents and in the manager's determination to provide the best care possible for every resident.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

This is a lovely home. Residents are well cared for and are happy.

The staff are lovely and nothing is too much for them. There is regular entertainment or activities to occupy everyone.

They have an open door policy and are a great support for families if there is a problem.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

My sister is on respite for two weeks with the view to staying full time. The manager and every member of staff have been so kind and considerate to us, at a very stressful and upsetting time.
Nothing has been any trouble to them. Anything we as a family have asked for or needed has been dealt with promptly.
My sister's needs seem to be met and she appears to be happy at this time.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

The home my mum was in was closing down. The manager at Roby Lodge was amazing she brought mum in to let her choose which room she would like, the staff are really lovely they've all made mum feel very welcome. The manager asks mum if everything is going well is there anything she or the girls can do for her. There are days out and meals out for the residents, anything I need to ask there is always someone to ask. I have worked in care for 21 years and I'm really happy that when I go home mum is safe and getting looked after. Thank you for giving me peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

My experience of the home is:
The communal area is quite poor. The T.V. lounge, dining area and kitchen are all in the same room. Not much room to swing a cat. The staff are nice, although the turnover is high, probably to do with the salary they are paid.
My sister seems to wear other peoples clothes a lot, not very nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Neither Unlikely or Likely

HC-One, Careline Team at Roby Lodge responded to this review on 29 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review, we really value the feedback provided by those who use our service.
We note that it was highlighted that there were concerns regarding the environment in Roby Lodge. Our residents have a choice of sitting rooms and dining areas in which they can relax and also a garden area weather permitting.
Our aim is to create a family atmosphere encouraging everyone to socialise together.
Regarding laundry, Roby Lodge will be implementing a clothing tagging system to ensure our residents' clothes are individually tagged and delivered to our Residents promptly.

Since my sister became a resident at Roby Lodge care home, our experience has been one of positive support. The staff all show the most respect and support to my sister and a great understanding for her condition. All staff appear to love their jobs and it shows in the care they provide for the people that they support. It is a pleasure to visit such a happy and loving environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

I enjoy going out on the minibus, my room is always clean and tidy. The staff are always helpful. I love sitting on the front seat. The manager is great and always helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Likely

Mum is a resident at Roby Lodge and I cannot praise this care home enough. The care she receives is wonderful. The carers are so dedicated to caring for these residents. They are treated with love, care, dignity and respect. I am quite satisfied that my mum is in the best place. The management are wonderful, very approachable. The home itself has a very warm, happy and homely atmosphere, and there is always a nice welcome when I visit mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

The staff are very helpful and try to carry out any requests and are very caring towards the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Roby Lodge for just on 12 months.
I had previously visited 17 care homes and decided to choose Roby Lodge for her.
She has been able to build up trust and friendship with the continuity of staff who she confides in.
They are so very supportive and thoughtful, not only to her but also to family members.
Her care is foremost in their thoughts and they continually keep us well informed in all aspects of her care and wellbeing.
She is happy to be here and enjoys the entertainment provided, her trips out on the minibus and fun and banter with the staff.
I would be more than willing to recommend this home to others as my experience so far is that they are professionals and committed to patient care.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

Since HC-One has taken over the standards have gone up. Staff are caring and friendly and nothing seems too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

An exceptional home, dedicated staff and approachable management.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

Dad was initially in another home within Huyton as an emergency. This placement fell short in many ways within 2 days he had been accepted into Roby Lodge and we have been delighted with the care from wonderful staff. I am a nurse practitioner and duty manager at a local hospital and have over 37 years experience working within hospitals and with many dementia patients so have great knowledge of their needs and Roby Lodge staff fulfil all his needs and go the extra mile. I would like to thank them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

My husband had dementia and was very well looked after and cared for by all the staff at Roby Lodge. His family were very satisfied with the care he was given and we were all very grateful and appreciated all that they did to look after him.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mum is well cared for and has come on leaps and bounds since she came to Roby Lodge. I have peace of mind knowing that my mum is safe and the staff do genuinely care for my mum. I spend a lot of time here and have got to know the staff quite well.
The only criticism I have is the lack of activities. Nothing to keep the residents entertained, meaning most are sat around asleep or walking around the corridors. This is not the staff fault as they are busy looking after the residents. This is something the company need to address.

HC-One, Careline Team at Roby Lodge responded to this review on 17 Aug 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We really value the feedback provided by those who use our services. Our new full-time Activity Coordinator commenced post approximately 3 weeks ago; she has been well received by our Residents who are enjoying a range of activities including outdoor visits, weather permitting.
Our lady Residents have enjoyed some pampering activities and all Residents who have wished to participate have benefitted and enjoyed board games, painting, bingo, golf, skittles and reading. Some of our Residents who do not enjoy group activities have had one to one time with our new Activity Coordinator who splits her time between both floors.

When my mother entered Ruby Lodge she was made very welcome. From her first day the staff could not have provided better care, and form their reports to me, my mum remained one of their most challenging yet loved residents. Towards the end 30/3/2016 her grip on reality was almost gone, however, she made it clear that Ruby Lodge was the place that provided her with all the love and care she could possibly need.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

My Aunt has been a resident at Roby Lodge for more than 2 years and I cannot say enough about the standard of her care and the support she receives.
The staff are always helpful, kind and supportive to all residents and their families. Nothing is too much trouble. Although they are always busy they take the time for conversations with the residents and to look after them at feeding times.
The residents are always clean and well cared for, the buildings are modern, clean warm and safe. I do not have any safeguarding concerns for my relative, who is visited at least weekly.

How likely would you be to recommend Roby Lodge? Extremely Likely

Excellent care, my mother has received the best possible attention. The management and staff could not have been better.

Submit a Review for Roby Lodge

posted 16 Apr 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Roby Lodge