Ascot House, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire

Ascot House offers long term, respite and day care within a home full of character in a central, yet peaceful, town location. An excellent team of experienced, dedicated carers are devoted to the well-being of everyone living at the home, with a focus on independence and freedom of choice. Tasty, nutritious food is made onsite every day from fresh ingredients and special diets can be catered for.

All bedrooms are en-suite, tastefully decorated and fully furnished. The home itself sits within delightful, lawned gardens with a private courtyard accessed through one of the sitting rooms.

Minibus trips run regularly to places such as the seaside, the theatre, or even just an ice cream in the countryside. Their in-house activities co-ordinator creates, with input from the residents, a whole range of stimulating and enjoyable ways to spend the day for those who wish to participate.

Ascot House provides specialist dementia care.

Group: Kapil Care Homes

Person in charge: Lynne Woodward (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Lincolnshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Ascot house is easily accessible by car, public transport, and is within a couple of minutes walk of the train station.

Ascot House welcomes visitors at anytime of the day.

Ascot House has parking both the front and rear of the Home. There is also parking available on the nearby streets.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ascot House: click here

9.8 Ascot House has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.841)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Ascot House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 32 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ascot House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 32 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.841 for Ascot House is calculated as follows: ( (325 Excellents x 5) + (55 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 383 Ratings = 4.841

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ascot House is based on 32 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 32 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ascot House?

Reviewer Connection to Ascot House

After spending one month in Ascot House I felt I had been treated with excellent care, dignity and respect.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 16 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review, Eileen. We really enjoyed your stay with us, please drop in for a cup of tea with us any time!

My mother went into the care home because she wasn't safe to be alone with all the falls she was having. All the staff and manager at the care home has been very helpful, they have done everything they can to help my mum. Now she is able to live on her own again. I and my family are very happy with the care home. They have all been fantastic. We are very very grateful we couldn't have asked for any more from the care home they have done their very best.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 16 Aug 2017:

Thank you Sally. It was a pleasure having your mum live with us, especially to see the improvement she made. We wish you both all the best in the future, and we're always here if you need any help or advice.

My mum came to Ascot House for respite and has nearly been here 2 years. My mum has been really happy since she's been here and we couldn't be more happy with the care and support she receives. The manager went over and above to support my mum into independent living.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 16 Aug 2017:

Thanks for your review, Tammy. We will let our staff and manager know how much you appreciate them.

My mother has been in three care homes and I was happy with all of them. I would say Ascot House has been 'outstanding'. My mother has settled well and stopped wondering. The managers and staff are very well trained and have a profound understanding of her dementia. I have been able to stop worrying about her and give my attention to other members of my family and work. I would thoroughly recommend Ascot House.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 16 Aug 2017:

Thank you Elizabeth, it's great to know you consider Ascot House to be outstanding, we're very proud of our team. We're really pleased that you've now been able to stop worrying about your mother.

My mother has resided at Ascot House for four months. She has been cared for in the way she chose, staff and management very helpful and supportive.
I was always made to feel welcome and my opinions were always listened to.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 16 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. It's so nice to know you found our staff and management very helpful and supportive.

Recommend to all. Lovely family feeling. Staff exceptional go above and beyond, person centred in all areas. Nothing is too much trouble always approachable and friendly.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 01 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. Our staff will be so pleased to hear how you feel about them.

I found the care home excellent very obliging and nothing too small for the staff to help with.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 01 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We'll pass on your kind words to the staff.

Perfect home for my grandma. Lovely caring staff, lovely meals according to my grandma. Number 5 Hygiene rating which is good. Excellent overall.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 20 Jul 2017:

Hi Paula, thank you for taking the time to review us. We're very pleased to be the perfect home for your grandma.

I would just like to thank the management and all the staff at Ascot House for looking after my dad for the last two years and two months. He enjoyed living there and the care they gave him was excellent and they couldn't have looked after him any better. From the cook to the cleaner, the laundry staff, carers and management. I would definitely recommend Ascot House to anyone to look after their loved ones. A big thank you again.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 12 Jul 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Carol. We're so pleased to hear your father enjoyed living here, it was our pleasure to have him with us. We will pass on your thanks and kind words to our staff.

I am going home and wanted to say I have loved staying at Ascot House. I have made great friends here. The staff are great and it has been just perfect like my own home. I wish I was staying longer.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 29 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review, J M. We've loved you staying with us and glad you enjoyed it too. Drop in for a cup of tea any time!

My father has been looked after exceptionally well at Ascot House. His needs have been cared for in a very professional manner and all the staff have been very caring and attentive to his caring needs and medical requirements. The care home has a warm, caring attitude to the residents and my father has been very happy during his stay at Ascot House. I would recommend Ascot House to anyone requiring care.

How likely would you be to recommend Ascot House? Extremely Likely

I came roughly for 6 months for rehabilitation and until suitable sheltered accommodation was available. I am now moving to independent living after being supported and encouraged by staff, outside agencies and family. I found the staff supportive and through this I was able to live a full and active life as physical needs allowed and how I chose.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 16 May 2017:

Thank you very much for your review and for coming to live with us. It's wonderful that you're now moving to independent living. You're very welcome to drop in to see us anytime.

The staff and management were very kind and courteous to my mum. The food always looked good and nicely presented. Mum said it was always enjoyable. The home was clean and tidy and kept well decorated.

How likely would you be to recommend Ascot House? Likely

I love living at Ascot House it is a beautiful place and the staff are lovely.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Thank you for reviewing us, it's wonderful that you love it here. Having you live with us is our pleasure.

I initially came for a couple of weeks for respite but felt comfortable and safe and part of an extended family. I had all my needs met in a way I chose. I stayed for almost four months and now returning home. If I need support again, I will most definitely return if they have a bed vacancy.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 14 Mar 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Henry. We thoroughly enjoyed having you live with us. We'll be here for you in the future, should you want any help.

Very informative. All staff very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Ascot House? Extremely Likely

My Dad has been a resident at Ascot House for the past 7 months. All the staff have treated my Dad very caringly and have adapted to his ways, treating him as an individual and with dignity. They have made sure he is safe and secure as in the early days we were worried he would go out and get lost. I have had several meals at Ascot House with my Dad so I know the meals are well prepared and of good quality. Cleaning and laundry are done to a high standard and carpets are shampooed on a regular basis. My Dad likes to spend most of his time in his room watching TV, so the staff do regular checks on him and take him cups of tea and biscuits. The Manager and the deputy Manage have been very approachable and have responded positively to any suggestions to help Dad to settle in. My Dad has a lovely room and believes he is in his own flat and he is very content. I cannot thank the manager and all the staff enough for all they have done to support my Dad.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 16 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your review, Ann. We'll pass on your kind words to the staff. It's great to know that your dad is very content.

The manageress and all the staff offer an excellent, caring environment for older people. They all go above and beyond the call of duty. Nothing is too much trouble and everybody is made to feel welcome. The Christmas party was extremely well organised- residents and their families made to feel part of one big happy family.

Anil Kapil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 09 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your review. Our manager and staff will be so pleased to know how appreciated they are by you.

After living independently mum, aged 100 suffered a fall after decreased mobility. Mum entered Ascot House for emergency respite care and is still there. Of course, she was upset for the first day or two but after a few days of excellent care, she is now very settled. All the staff are very friendly and caring. Mum likes that they make time to pop and have a chat. It also gives me peace of mind that mum is being well looked after and is in safe hands.

Anil Kapil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 09 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your review, Avril. We're very pleased to know that you think your mother is receiving excellent care and is in safe hands. We'll pass on your review to the staff.

My Mum who is 94 has been a resident for almost 3 years. Before going into care I researched several homes in my area and Ascot House being a small, more intimate home, I knew she would be comfortable and happy there. The manager and staff are efficient and caring and they make the home as much as a home from home as possible. There are so many activities and trips out as can be arranged which helps to stimulate the residents. The staff spend time talking on a one to one basis to those who may be distressed due to memory problems. I personally cannot praise their overall care enough.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 05 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're immensely proud of our staff and we'll be sure to let them know how highly you think of the care they give.

Since my Mum had to be put into care in May of this year, I have not seen her so happy for the last 3 years, the staff love her to bits as she has developed a comical personality. I don't think I would have seen this side to my Mum if she hadn't gone to Ascot House. They keep us in the loop and make us so welcome when myself and my Dad go to spend time with her. The staff are absolutely brilliant with every aspect of caring for my Mum and I would highly recommend.

Anil Kapil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 05 Jan 2017:

Thank you so much. It's great to hear how happy your mother has been since she's come to live with us.

I am very satisfied with my mother's care in Ascot House. She has been a resident for 3 years and is happy and feels safe. She is treated as an individual, for example, every morning she chooses her own clothes and jewellery to wear. You always worry when you can't be there all the time but I can honestly say I have never heard a carer be rude or impatient with a resident. When a resident is confused or disinterested they deal with the situation in a caring and dignified manner. On the rare occasion, I have had an issue with an aspect of my mother's care, it is dealt wit promptly. There is openness and inclusion of residents and relatives in the decision about care. Based on mine and my mother's experience I have no hesitation in recommending Ascot House to others.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 05 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your review. We're very pleased to hear you'd have no hesitation in recommending us to others.

My experience with Ascot House has been fantastic. I can go and see my wife anytime I want. The manager has a good relationship with her staff who are just brilliant with the residents. Some of the staff are quite young but take it all in their stride letting the residents carry on taking their time.

Anil, Head Office at Ascot House responded to this review on 03 Jan 2017:

Thank you very much for such kind words about our team - we'll be sure they get to hear them.

My husband is at Ascot House and I am very happy with the care he gets. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they find time to talk to him even though he has dementia and he doesn't say a lot.

Anil Kapil, Admin at Ascot House responded to this review on 07 Dec 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, Yvonne. Such words mean a lot to our staff.

On my visit first on the list of other homes found to be friendly, welcoming, caring team of professional carers managed by a lady who is dedicated to her job. All the staff give residents 110% including genuine affection to all, after a positive viewing, in my opinion, I would not have found anywhere better, therefore did not view any other homes. Mum just had a two-week stay visits daily by my father and I. As you would expect we were worried but been not have been mum loved the place.
This home needs to be re-categorised to Ascot Hotel a big big thank you, to the management and staff.

Anil Kapil, Admin at Ascot House responded to this review on 29 Nov 2016:

Thank you Julie. We'll pass on your kind words to our staff.

When we visit dad the home is always clean, warm and welcoming. The staff display an obvious love of their work and nothing is any trouble. The care given to dad is second to none, his welfare is obviously the number one priority. The management is a wonderful person with precisely the right attitude and methods and this rubs off on the staff. We are confident that dad could not be in a better place, the care he receives is absolutely first class and much appreciated by dad and all of us. Well done!

Anil Kapil, Admin at Ascot House responded to this review on 29 Nov 2016:

Thanks Steven, it's great to know both you and your father are very happy with his care.

I find Ascot House a lovely place. The staff are all very kind and friendly. My dad is very happy there and well looked after. The food is lovely and my dad looks forward to his meals.
All rooms are clean and spacious. My dad's health has improved since staying there. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ascot House? Extremely Likely

After being diagnosed with dementia in 2009 my husband had day care, respite care followed by full residency at Ascot House. My husband passed away in August 2016 but all the time he spent at Ascot House was very rewarding. He was always treated with respect, even though his behaviour could sometimes be challenging. The standard of care was always excellent, family, friends always made welcome whenever we visited, never were we made to feel in the way. The events and entertainment always enjoyable. What could have been a very traumatic time was made a little easier by the wonderful staff. Thank you Ascot House care home you really do care.

How likely would you be to recommend Ascot House? Extremely Likely

My mother, 92, has dementia, is registered blind and deaf. Despite these disabilities, the staff at Ascot House manage to help her achieve a good deal of independence and when personal care is given, it is with dignity and respect. Since being in the home she has been happy and settled. When I visit she looks calm, clean and tidy and well fed. She enjoys the social activities although she can only participate in a limited way. It was a difficult decision to admit my mother to a care home but it has enhanced both my mother's life and mine, as I no longer need to worry about her safety and loneliness.

How likely would you be to recommend Ascot House? Extremely Likely

Very favourable, would highly recommend to any person needing care.

Lynne, Manager at Ascot House responded to this review on 21 Sep 2016:

Thank you very much.

This is the third home I have placed my mum in because of different things I've not been happy with. My mum has been at Ascot House for 4 years in September and I am very happy with the care she is given, no one else could give her the care that Ascot House gives. The staff are very pleasant and nothing is any trouble, you only have to ask. The management do a very good job at running the home. I could not ask for a better place for my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Ascot House? Extremely Likely

Staff and management very helpful and caring. Food excellent. General attention to my sister very good.

Submit a Review for Ascot House

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ascot House