Boroughbridge Manor Care Home

Roecliffe Lane, Boroughbridge, York YO51 9LW

Boroughbridge Manor Care Home is located in the North Yorkshire countryside and is ideally situated for access to the A1 and local amenities.

The home offers residential, dementia, respite and palliative care. Bedrooms at the home are based across three floors and each floor has its own living rooms and dining room allowing residents to socialise and relax.

Residents at the home can enjoy landscapes gardens, a conservatory, sensory garden and large patio area for socialising.

The home has en-suite rooms with flat screen TV's and can provide specialist dementia care to those who need it. Residents can be provided with person-centred care and have access to Wi-Fi throughout the home.

A team of trained chefs prepare meals on-site, allowing residents to chose from a varied daily menu, while special dietary requirements can be catered for.

Activities co-ordinators at the home provide residents with a range of tailored and engaging events and excursions.

Group: brighterkind

Person in charge: Ashley Bailey-Munt (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Yorkshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 77 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Close to Local shops • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Boroughbridge Manor Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Boroughbridge Manor Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 26 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Boroughbridge Manor Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.601 for Boroughbridge Manor Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (194 Excellents x 5) + (97 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 303 Ratings = 4.601

The 4.584 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Boroughbridge Manor Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.4 positive Reviews (77 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 15.4 Target = 0.584

9.2 Boroughbridge Manor Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.185) from 26 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Boroughbridge Manor Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Boroughbridge Manor Care Home

Caring, friendly staff. Patience for mums behaviour good care. Clean and not smelly. Clothing tends to get mixed up with other residents but is soon sorted when staff are asked.

How likely would you be to recommend Boroughbridge Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

My grandma has been a resident of Boroughbridge Manor Care Home for around three years now. The staff have always been very very good, efficient, happy, fun, professional and most of all, caring. The staff really make it a great place for the residents and visitors. This last week when we visited I was struck by a staff member who we'd not met before. She said she had only recently moved to a day shift, having previously done nights. I'm sorry to mention one staff member in particular but I feel strongly to do so. Her manner and care for my grandma was brilliant, really, she is an asset to the team at Boroughbridge Manor.

As soon as we arrived with mum for her respite care, we were greeted very warmly. This continued all through her stay. We were always offered a drink. The staff always smiled and addressed mum by her Christian name. Every effort was made to make mum's stay pleasant.
She was encouraged to join the other residents for lunch etc but if it was not her wish then meals were served in her room. We could not fault the staff as they helped us with care issues for mum and their knowledge of care matters was very encouraging.

My Mother was assessed by the team who work at the care home at her home address, they acted quickly on the results of the review. My Mother was allocated a room very quickly and was taken in. The care home is clean and very well run, the staff are always very helpful, and the improvement in the well-being and outlook on life has improved with my Mother. My Mother is very settled in the home, the only issue we have is with the local authority and the funding of the care that my Mother needs. My Mother has Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia so the Boroughbridge Manor is the correct care home for my Mother's needs.

All the staff were very caring and helpful. They managed challenging situations well and always considered the resident's needs foremost. The home was always clean and well looked after.

Mum's first three months in the care home.
Very pleased with care and attention she receives at Boroughbridge Manor nursing home and involvement of all members in mum's stay.

Generally good in all aspects. Could be better in entertainment for some of the residents. Can be boring with no action. Staff are helpful and pleasant.
The security of rooms has been and is an unsolved problem, so things go missing, but are generally recovered by staff.
More help could be given to getting people out into the garden area when we get suitable weather.

How likely would you be to recommend Boroughbridge Manor Care Home? Likely

Kim Suttle, Home Manager at Boroughbridge Manor Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for your comments. We always welcome feedback as we strive to continually improve our care. Our Recreation and Activities team oversee everything; from bingo, quizzes and armchair exercise to visiting entertainers and trips to the shops. If it’s sunny we try and get outside, so everyone can appreciate the best of the day. We believe in living life to the full. That’s why we do our utmost to ensure that our residents have access to a varied programme of activities to deliver the Magic Moments that will help them love every day.

I am delighted with the level of care at Boroughbridge Manor. The staff are kind and the management is first class. My brother and I are so pleased that our mother, who has complex care needs, is safe, cosy and cared for in this home. We are always welcome on the premises and very much feel as if it is one big family.

The care and attention is very good and the rooms are good. It is a very well run home. I have only been here a short while, but the food is not as good as at first, shepherds pie and cottage pie seem to be too often and the teas are very hit and miss. Lacks variety and meat portions very sparse. My first stay in a home so very difficult to compare.

Kim Suttle, Home Manager at Boroughbridge Manor Care Home responded to this review on 12 May 2017:

Thankyou for your comments. We always welcome feedback as we continually strive to improve our care. At Boroughbridge Manor, we firmly believe that when you eat well, you live well too. This is a core part of our brighterkind philosophy of care, centering on good nutrition and the importance of mealtimes as social occasions. Each day, our chef prepares restaurant-style meals combining variety with a balanced diet and an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients. We are delighted to announce that we have also appointed a new chef and we look forward to delivering fine dining that will meet our residents’ expectations.

Since both parents have been residents we have been impressed by the care given, the amount of activities available and the level of individual preferences being taken into account. New initiatives are always being introduced.

It's a nice home. The staff are kind. I like living here.

How likely would you be to recommend Boroughbridge Manor Care Home? Likely

The care is excellent, all the staff are kind, caring and polite, nothing is too much trouble. The facilities are good/clean and welcoming. Residents can feel very safe and secure. The decor is bright and welcoming.

My husband died on 2nd December 2016 in a hospice after leaving hospital. I was in another hospital at this time after having a fall at home. After the service on 14th December, I came here, Boroughbridge being where I have lived for forty years. I was grateful that I knew I had asked about the Manor. Everyone has been so kind and understanding.

My mother needed to go into care as her medication stopped working and it was not possible to manage her at home. I was very worried as you hear so many stories of poor care in homes. I can honestly say my mum is receiving superb care. All the staff are so caring, the home is clean and the food is good quality and a good varied diet. My mum is struggling to be in care but the staff are wonderful. I know my mum is being well cared for 5*.

My mother was referred to the home by the hospital. I was not happy that she had been placed in a dementia ward, but that was the only bed available. Glad to say she improved a lot due to the staff's work.
Now she has been moved I think in time she will improve even more.

I found Boroughbridge Manor whilst looking at care homes for my friend with double dementia. The home is superb, clean, modern, bright and airy with en-suite shower rooms. The staff have all been amazing especially during the initial settling in period. The transition went really well due to the care, compassion understand and friendliness of the staff. The events and activities laid on everyday help my friend to become a part of the home. No problem is too small to be dealt with immediately. I have nothing but praise for giving my friend the best quality of life she can attain.

My parents were both at another home before moving to Boroughbridge Manor to obtain the more specialised care that they had begun to need. The move was organised by the two homes, went very smoothly and they have settled well. I find visiting difficult as it breaks their routine and my father especially is reluctant to engage. The staff are all extremely helpful in trying ways to improve these visits. They are also very kind to me.

I am very pleased with the standards in the home and the care my mother gets in the home.

I find the care of my father is very good. I had to find care for dad on his discharge from hospital and found it very difficult to choose a local care home. The nurses and manager made this much easier to make this decision with their care and understanding I have been very happy with his care and the improvement in his condition since he has been in Boroughbridge Manor. They are all very happy to talk to me and help me with any concerns I may have.

I have no other choice but to take my wife to Boroughbridge Manor Care Home because of the severity of her Alzheimer's condition. She would not respond to me feeding, washing and the necessary attentions that I was trying to apply to her. She lost 1 and a half stones in weight and the care home was the only answer. Since her admission to this care home she has gained 4 and a half pounds in 6 days. The staff are absolutely first class. She is cared for by extremely competent and caring staff. She now has showers daily and is given clean clothes every single day. This is an extremely well run care home.

Wasn't happy with the food at first but spoke to the manager and now I can't be happier.

Ben Walker, BDM at Boroughbridge Manor Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jan 2016:

Hi, Thank you for your review. I'm really glad your experience has improved considerably. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the home team.

My wife has been resident at Boroughbridge Manor for around 8 months now and my son and I (husband) have visited her nearly every week. We have been very impressed to see how well she has been looked after from the beginning. The staff at all levels are so helpful to her, kind and understanding. We could not wish for any better treatment of her. She is improving by having a number of people to talk to and to join in some activities which are well encouraged. We have had lunch with my wife there and lately on Xmas day which was most enjoyable. Overall Boroughbridge Manor together with staff, is a rather impressive establishment.

Had a couple of queries concerning charges for extras - all points were dealt with promptly and very professionally. The dealing I have had since mum was admitted has been above excellent.

My wife lives at Boroughbridge Manor and my opinion is the whole place is clean, tidy and my wife is very well looked after. The home has a very friendly homely atmosphere. Many thanks to all staff for their help and the compassion they show towards my wife and everyone else who lives at the home. I would definitely recommend the home to other people.

I am pleased with the care and support offered to my mum, the staff at Boroughbridge Manor treat my mother with dignity and sensitivity, the food is excellent and nutritious and her room is clean, fresh and tidy. Boroughbridge Manor has gone beyond my expectations and is providing a lifestyle of quality to my mum, a quality that myself and my family could not have offered if mum was at home.

When my brother reached the age of 65 he had to leave the home for disabled young people in which he had lived for 40 years. We had a long and depressing search to find a new home for him. Finding Boroughbridge Manor was a great relief. It was the first home we had looked at that had wide corridors and doors, suitable for my brothers electric wheel chair together with a well maintained and accessible garden. The manager at the time could not have been more helpful in settling my brother into his new home. A profile bed with ripple mattress was arranged and his sky television service set up.
Boroughbridge Manor has now been my brother's home for two years. During this time the home has been extensively redecorated and the communal areas refurbished giving a bright and open feeling to the home. A new manager has recently been appointed and she could not have been more helpful in dealing with day to day issues relating to my brother's care. We remain very happy with the services provided by the home.

Submit a Review for Boroughbridge Manor Care Home

Recipient: brighterkind

June 2017

Recipient: brighterkind

Ashley

Ashley Bailey-Munt

Why did you decide to join brighterkind?

I joined brighterkind because I believed in the Values and the companies ethos.

What one thing do you enjoy most about your job?

Being able to support each resident to reach their potential on a daily basis and being able to support my team so that they can make a difference.

Key qualifications and experience

Certificate of Higher Education in Care Related Studies
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (Adults Advance Practice)
Experience – what is your background?
I have worked in with in the Health Care Sector for over 13 years in both the NHS and Elderly Care.

I am passionate about…

Ensuring that all resident are able to continue to live a full life and be supported by my team to achieve this in a holistic and individual way.

My favourite brighterkind value from our five values of Keep it simple, Do it from the heart, Make every moment matter, Sort it and Choose to be happy, is...

Make every moment matter

Because…

whether it's residents, relatives, the team or visitors- it is important to make a difference and create memories to remember!

Contact details

To contact our home manager, Ashley Bailey-Munt, call 01423 326 814.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Boroughbridge Manor Care Home