Paddock Stile Manor

Philadelphia Lane, Newbottle, Houghton le Spring DH4 4ES

Paddock Stile Manor, Houghton le Spring, Tyne & Wear

Nestled in the town of Houghton-le-Spring, Paddock Stile Manor is a modern and established care home halfway between Durham and Sunderland.

The purpose-built care home provides specialist residential care, with additional nursing within a warm and friendly environment.

The committed staff are continually developing their professional skills as they aim to provide care that is of the highest quality.

All rooms are en-suite and decorated with modern and bright fittings and furnishings throughout. Residents are encouraged to personalise their own space with pictures and photographs and are welcome to bring some familiar furnishings to ensure their comfort.

A number of communal lounges within the home are used for various purposes, from relaxing together, to taking part in an activity that appeals to the interests and hobbies of the residents.

A proactive activities coordinator also prepares a daily programme which includes a visiting entertainer, a relaxed games session or a trip out to the local shops or further afield.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Craig Swan (Care Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sunderland City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Form Houghton le Spring town center head north-east and at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto hillside way/A182.

At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Newbottle Street/A182 and continue along the A182. At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Philidelphia lane/A182 and the home situated on the left.

Family & Friends welcome anytime

Free on-site Parking

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Paddock Stile Manor: click here

9.9 Paddock Stile Manor has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.880)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Paddock Stile Manor is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Paddock Stile Manor in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 18 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.88 for Paddock Stile Manor is calculated as follows: ( (192 Excellents x 5) + (22 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 216 Ratings = 4.88

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Paddock Stile Manor is based on 18 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 18 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Paddock Stile Manor?

Reviewer Connection to Paddock Stile Manor

I do not hand over my husband for someone else to look after for a few days whilst I get a rest and pull myself together but at Paddock Stile Manor I am perfectly happy to do this as I know he is very very well looked after and is happy there. It is spotlessly clean and the food is good and you can only speak as you find and we find this is an excellent home. The staff are so caring and lovely with their residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Home Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 20 Sep 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Paddock Stile Manor, all comments are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass them onto the team. The staff strive to provide an environment where relatives and the residents feel comfortable and I am pleased to hear that you are happy to leave your husband in our home where you know he is well looked after.

After being worried about leaving my husband, we were quickly put at ease by the staff overall. He settled quite quickly, is always very clean and well fed and his room is spotless.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Home Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 30 May 2017:

Many thanks for the review of Paddock Stile Manor. I am very pleased to hear the staff made you feel at ease after your initial worry. We understand this can be a difficult time. Kind regards.

Since my husband was admitted to this care home, I have been more than satisfied and find the staff amazing. I now feel I can rest at home knowing he is in excellent care. Fab.
Registered nurses, look after every aspect of my husband's health and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Thank you for the review of Paddock Stile Manor. I am very pleased to hear your positive feedback about our staff, who strive to deliver the very best care. I am glad this has been noticed. Kind regards.

Since my dad was admitted into Paddock Stile Manor, he has gone from strength to strength. The care he receives is second to none, every member of staff has time for each resident and treats each one as an individual, recognising which care is needed.

He can speak and say a lot more which is a huge improvement, as all he could manage a few months ago was a simple "yes or "no". I do believe this is due to the dedication and hard work of every member of staff and would highly recommend this care home to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. I am so pleased to hear your Father’s speech has gone from strength to strength. We do work hard as a team to ensure all residents are treated as individuals and we are pleased the dedication of our staff has been recognised. Kind regards.

From visiting this home to view suitability for my wife's needs along with my daughter we thought it would take some beating for comfort, good décor and organisation of activities and friendliness. Also, meal planning, we were not wrong. During my wife's stay, we could not find fault with the place and found the staff excellent and would strongly recommend this care provider.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

We appreciate you taking the time to review Paddock Stile Manor. We are happy to hear that your dad enjoyed the food at Paddock Stile Manor and that he is now eating better as a result of this. Our staff strive to create a welcoming environment and we are glad that this has been noted. Kind regards.

We think the level of care is second to none. The staff have time for anything and everything, my dad needs. The food is excellent, and dad is eating better and enjoyed everything her is offered. It's clean and welcoming. I can't think of any faults at all.

I would recommend Paddock Stile Manor to anyone who needs good care for a relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Home Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 06 Jun 2017:

Many thanks for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. We are pleased to hear you think the level of care is second to none, our staff do strive to ensure this is a priority. Kind regards

This home provides everything that my father in law needs and although he has only resided here for a short while, as a family we are more than happy with his care and treatment. The staff are extremely attentive and sensitive to his needs and treat him with respect. The food is good and nutritious as well as plentiful.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. We are happy to hear that you felt the meals provided were nutritious and plentiful. Nutrition is one of our top priorities. Our staff do their best to be attentive to all residents so we are pleased that this has been noted. Kind regards.

Paddock Stile Manor is a lovely care and nursing home. All the staff are great! From the first day that my mother met the manager and the team of carers, nurses, domestic and auxiliary staff, she felt at home.
We have personalised my mother's room and this has provided her with a peaceful haven. The activities and trips to the seaside, schools, churches, community centres and town shopping centres make a huge positive impact on my mother's health, well-being and happiness. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig swan, Home Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 30 May 2017:

Many thanks for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. We are pleased to hear you feel all of our staff are great, and that your mother feels at home. We feel that activities are important for the residents and we are glad to hear that they have had a positive impact on your mother’s health and wellbeing. Kind regards.

Excellent staff working beyond the call of duty every day. Clean and tidy home from home for residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. We are very pleased that you feel we have excellent staff. We strive for high standards of care in the home and we are encouraged that this has been noticed. Kind regards.

Really friendly and very professional. Can highly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig swan, Homa Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 30 May 2017:

Many thanks for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. I am very pleased to hear you find the staff friendly and professional and also that you would highly recommend Paddock Stile Manor. Kind regards.

Paddock Stile Manor is 5 star plus, I didn't know care homes like this existed.
The staff are worth their weight in gold, they are helpful, smart and very caring. When I mean staff, I mean management, nurses, carers, kitchen staff, domestic, laundry and activities - they are all brilliant.
It's a pleasure to go and visit my mother, she is clean, happy and very very well looked after. Since my mother went into the home she has put on weight which is brilliant. It's the best decision I have ever made in my life.

My family are really happy she is being well looked after, we can all get on with our lives with no worries about my mother at all. We are one very happy family.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. We are pleased to hear your Mother is happy and well looked after in the home. It is great that you have such positive feedback for our staff, they do work hard to maintain a high standard of care and it is lovely to know this has been noted. Kind regards.

This is an excellent home. My husband is well looked after but most of all he is happy and content and safe.
He has early Alzheimer's, started slowly at 60. He is now 67.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Home Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 25 Jul 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review for Paddock Stile Manor, we are always pleased to receive feedback and I will certainly share it with the team. We take great pride in providing the best care possible and will continue to do so for your husband.
Craig Swan, Home Manager.

My father has lived in this care home for over seven years.
I am satisfied with the care given to him.
The staff are excellent with him and treat him with dignity.
This care home has great activities ranging from days out visiting places nearby, interaction with school children at a local school and church afternoon teas.
They have a good activity lady who organises all of this and more eg bingo, quizzes, exercise classes, and when it is someone's birthday it is celebrated with a singer and a tea with a cake.
I would highly recommend this care home to anyone for the simple fact of my peace of mind that my dad is well taken care of.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Home Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 16 May 2017:

Many thanks for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. I am pleased to hear you feel the staff are excellent and treat your father with dignity. It is also great that you feel the home has a good range of activities available, we do try to accommodate all residents and preferences when it comes to activities in the home. Kind regards.

I found the home excellent, very friendly and homely.
Mother liked it, she said she would go back.
The rooms are all very clean and tidy, very welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Home Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 12 May 2017:

Thank you for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. Our housekeeping team try to ensure high standards of cleanliness are met. We are very pleased to hear your mother enjoyed her stay and that she would be happy to return to the home in the future. Kind regards.

My mother was very happy with the care that she received at Paddock Stile and cannot praise the level of care she received enough.
The only problem being that two patients suffering from dementia gained access to her room and frightened her.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Home Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 09 May 2017:

Many thanks for your review of Paddock Stile Manor. We are really pleased to hear that your mother was happy with the care she received during her stay and we take on board your comments so that we can look into this further. Kind regards.

My relative has had excellent care in this nursing facility at Paddock Stile Manor. The staff both nursing and carers are respectful and caring at all times. Nothing is too much trouble and I am kept informed at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Care home manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

Thank you very much for your review.
I am so pleased that you were happy with the service your relative received at Paddock Stile Manor.
We do work hard to provide a high standard of care.
It is lovely to hear such positive feedback.
Kind regards.

I would just like to tell you, I couldn't be more happy with this care home. The staff are wonderful and so caring. My husband's welfare and treatment I could never fault.
I enjoy my time with my husband and when I come home I have no more stress or worry because I know I have left him in good hands. God bless them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Care home manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 30 Mar 2017:

Thank you very much for your review.
It is so lovely to hear that you were happy with the care your husband received.
Our staff do work hard to provide the best care possible, it is great to know that this is noted.
Best wishes.

The staff from domestic to nurses and management cannot be faulted.
They are very caring and respectful to their residents and their families.

How likely would you be to recommend Paddock Stile Manor? Extremely Likely

Craig Swan, Care Home Manager at Paddock Stile Manor responded to this review on 29 Mar 2017:

Thank you very much for your review.
I am so pleased that you were happy with the care your husband received at Paddock Stile Manor. Our staff do work hard to make sure all our residents and their families are made to feel welcome and at home.
Kind regards

Submit a Review for Paddock Stile Manor

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Paddock Stile Manor

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Paddock Stile Manor