The Grange Care Home

Whinbush Way, Darlington DL1 3PT

The Grange Residential Care Home is dedicated to offering both residential and dementia care.

This modern facility has seventy-four bedrooms, with some suitable for people with mobility issues, and is always well-staffed to ensure that residents can always receive carers' attention at any time of the day or night.

Located in a pleasant area of Darlington, service users are supported in continuing their personal freedoms in the local community and within the home itself.

Group: Burlington Care

Person in charge: Vicky Morris (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Darlington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 74 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Epilepsy • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £540 – £540 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Grange Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

*Please contact the home directly for correct fees*

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Grange Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for The Grange Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 29 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Grange Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.695 for The Grange Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (244 Excellents x 5) + (95 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 344 Ratings = 4.695

The 4.473 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Grange Care Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.8 positive Reviews (74 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 14.8 Target = 0.473

9.2 The Grange Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.168) from 29 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Grange Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Grange Care Home

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

Lovely place, clean and tidy. The staff are terrific, I just cannot fault The Grange at all. They are looking after my mother and doing a grand job. Keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother in law has recently been admitted to the Grange from another care home and her first day found her very apprehensive.

The caring and attentive staff soon put her at ease and now she is very settled and at ease in her new surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been here almost 3 weeks. I can't fault anything.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My experience up to date has been good. I am a regular visitor and have found that I am kept well informed. If I do ask about anything I am treated well and with respect. I find my husband is always clean and tidy whenever I visit. Overall, as things go, I am happy he is in The Grange.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Likely

The care home is run very professionally. The staff are very caring, kind and treat the residents with dignity and love. I would truly recommend The Grange care home to family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

What I have seen at The Grange Care Home has been amazing - the wonderful, caring staff that have been looking after my mother in law.

They have been so kind and caring and all the love they give.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this home to family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in The Grange for about two years now, In all this time we have been very impressed with all the staff. The care and attention shown to all the residents is excellent. The building is well looked after and every effort is made to keep the residents active. We have no hesitation in recommending this care home to anyone else.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has settled in. He has been there since 13th January. He joins in with the activities now and is happy there. The staff are very caring and always speak to you when you go in and out and come to the room too.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

The carers at this home go way beyond the normal. They cared for my mother for nearly six years. During this time, they kept her fed, clean and entertained. They chatted with her constantly making sure she was happy. At the end of her days, they made sure she was kept clean and changed her constantly so that she was comfortable. If no member of her family was sat with her, then a carer was even though their working day was over which was extremely appreciated. I cannot express my thanks enough to these lovely ladies who cared for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

It's always difficult for relatives and for the individual involved to contemplate a care home on a long term basis, so finding the most suitable one is a must. My wife and I visited unannounced, four homes in Darlington and of the four we were most impressed by The Grange. The manager and staff were very welcoming, the residents looked well cared for and settled. My mother in law enjoyed her five months in The Grange and I can honestly state that The Grange is a care home where the staff really care.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister was in this care home since November 2015, and had the utmost care and treatment, from staff and management. She made friends with some of the patients, which she had not made with other people for many years. She was happy and settled here, which made us pleased, as in her own flat she was lonely and friendless. I would recommend this care home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has dementia and has been in the home since November 2015. My wife was 75 on the 11th of June 2016. The home put on a buffet style tea for her and made her a birthday party, we all sat in the dining room with other residents, had a great time.
I can't thank the staff from the management to the domestics, they are all caring and friendly to all. I can't fault this home its 101%. They treat me as if I was one of them and can't do enough for me. This home is A1.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would like to express my thanks to the carers at The Grange for their kind and considerate treatment of my mother. They were always professional and treated her with dignity and respect. They were also cheerful and friendly in their manner when caring for her. All in all they helped to make her time there as pleasant as possible whilst providing a high level of care.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Likely

Our mother was cared for at The Grange for nearly 6 years. When she first arrived and was active she joined in a range of activities and her general health improved with good food and exercise and human contact. Towards the end of her life when she needed more gentle and intensive attention the carers were attentive, thorough and loving. Our mother was allowed to live her life to the end at The Grange. She was always happy there, feeling secure and well looked after. We are very grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has been in The Grange for about a year. He has a beautiful room, clean very well cared for. The staff were marvelous, so kind and caring. My dad was a man who liked to laugh, was very kind and he loved all the staff. My dad had his 90th birthday on 1/2/16. They made him a cake we had a lovely tea, we were always made welcome to stay, lunch or tea. My dad passed away 9/5/16 in hospital. When I informed The Grange I was just bowled over with the reaction of the staff. They all cried and said how much my father would be missed. So many of them attended his funeral, I can't thank them enough for their kindness, caring and such genuine grief at his passing. I thank them with all my heart.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visited my sister-in-law usually once a month, she had family living nearby so daily had visitors, she often spoke of the care she received at this home. This care continued for several years owing to her serious disability until her death.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff very honest and trustworthy, listen to what you say and try best to remedy the situation. All together time my mum has been here i have no complaints and would be very happy to recommend The Grange to future residents.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff don't harass me into doing things i don't want to do. The food is nice, there is a variety, clean, tidy. Staff look after me well and they are nice to everyone and kind. They never raise their voices in a bad way. There is nothing that i don't like about the place.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

This is my first visit and the staff and manager have made me very welcome. Mum has had very good care and the staff are very patient with her. It is very nice to see mum happy and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Arrived 11.30am, buzzed to get in. Shown Grans room and told about facility/exits etc. Then introduced to gran! Staff all went out of their way to advise us, familiarise us with the environment, show us around. Went for a walk in the gardens with gran, had a specially arranged lunch with her in a private dining area (lovely!) and met some of her new friends. The Grange Care Home is a lovely, friendly, quite personal place, that I am so happy to have seen gran settling into. Thanks!

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Likely

I am the husband of a resident of the home and I have found the care, the patience and kindness of the staff given is excellent indeed. The activities, the social staff give is very very good indeed. The cleaning staff are second to none, no foul smells like some homes have, very clean indeed. The management are very helpful in everyway. To sum it all up a very good home and well run, all I can say is thank you very much well done!

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife is in The Grange. We looked at several homes and The Grange was the nicest. She chose a lovely garden room and it is perfect. The staff are all angels. I cannot fault the home it is wonderful. I would recommend The Grange 100%, we have no complaints at all it is a wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has recently been admitted to The Grange initially for respite care. She has settled in well. The staff have helped her settle in well and supported her through this. She has recently been assessed as needing permanent care and I am happy for her to stay at The Grange. The whole process has gone better than I even could have imagined in what has been a difficult time.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Standard of nursing care is very good and the mental stimulation she receives is innovative and well thought out. The home is always very clean and the outdoor space has been recently improved including the garden which is beneficial to all of the residents. I have already recommended The Grange to a friend. Overall the standard I would describe as excellent. My mother in law's health and mental well being has improved beyond what she was when she came over a year ago and has made our lives a lot easier. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am currently waiting for a larger room. The manager has said I can have the next available one, once I have this I am going to bring in some items of my own furniture to make my room more like the flat I previously had. I am very happy here and I would love to stay.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been coming to the grange for the past 12 years and I absolutely love it here, the staff are so lovely and everyone treats you nice. I would have no hesitation in recommending it at all. My husband really feels happy when I am here and it gives him a break.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very happy with the care my mother is receiving at the Grange. The staff are all very caring and spend lots of time with her. The building itself is modern and clean. Meals are very varied and healthy. I would recommend this highly.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Good environment, caring staff who go out their way to help. Excellent range of activities for everyone from arts and crafts to mobility and exercise classes to keep everyone active. Lovely outdoor garden area for residents to enjoy as well as visiting friends and family.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have only been visiting this home for a short time so I don't really think I can make judgement regarding recommending it to others.
The one lady which I have warmed to and that my friend has settled with is a credit to the company.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Submit a Review for The Grange Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Grange Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Grange Care Home