The Rookery Care Home

Queens Square, The Crescent, Ebbw Vale NP23 6EF

The Rookery is an Ebbw Vale care home registered for forty-one service users, offering skilled elderly care packages tailored to individual needs.

The aim of carers is to maintain quality care in an atmosphere that respects personal freedoms and is homely to protect long-term mental well-being, allowing users to achieve a satisfying retirement.

A day care service is also available to the local community, with regular outings and social events for all to enjoy.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Gail Llewelyn (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales* Report on The Rookery Care Home: click here

* Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for The Rookery Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 33 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Rookery Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.687 for The Rookery Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (279 Excellents x 5) + (105 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 393 Ratings = 4.687

The 4.61 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Rookery Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target = 0.610

9.3 The Rookery Care Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.297) from 33 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Rookery Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Rookery Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

My mother was made to feel welcome and has been looked after really well. It's a homely atmosphere and all the carers are patient with my mother despite her changing moods.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Rookery Care Home responded to this review on 03 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Alun, for your kind comments about your recent experience at The Rookery Care Home. We are happy to hear you have been so pleased with the quality of our care. Our number one priority is the care and well-being of every resident and to have this along with the efforts of the team recognised is very rewarding. Thank you once again.

Whenever we have gone, the residents seem very happy and cared for. My aunty is very happy there and is always clean and well dressed.
There seems to be a lot going on to entertain the residents. The carers are very friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Rookery Care Home responded to this review on 21 Dec 2017:

Thank you, David, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with The Rookery Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thanks again. Have a wonderful day.

I visit my mum at The Rookery almost every day. I feel she receives care of a very high standard, any medical needs are addressed promptly and of late, she has had many of these. I also feel like an integral part of The Rookery joining in events whenever possible, helping to provide entertainment for the residents on a regular basis.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent experience at The Rookery Care Home. Our number one priority is the care and wellbeing of our residents and it is rewarding to hear that you have been so pleased with the quality of our care. We appreciate your praise and kind comments about our team, and it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! We hope to see you again soon. Take care!

Very satisfied with my mother's care and treatment, especially the work done by the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Rookery Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at The Rookery Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Your mother's care is our number one priority and we are happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here. Thank you once again. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

After visiting a number of EMI Residential Homes and I chose The Rookery. The staff are always pleasant, professional and caring. Residents rooms can be personalised which is good. I have eaten lunch with my husband and it was very enjoyable and nutritionally sound. Activities are provided and seem to be enjoyed by residents. Entertainment is frequent and varied. It is unfortunate that there are only 3 male residents but my husband appears to cope with the large number of ladies. Overall, I think the care home is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Elizabeth, for your comments about your recent experience at The Rookery Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with The Rookery Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Mam has been in The Rookery Care Home for almost 3 months now, and it is reassuring for myself and her wider family that she is very well cared for and becoming settled and comfortable in the home.
We are all very pleased with the standards that are maintained on a day to day basis, and it gives us great peace of mind to know that her best interests and well-being are at the heart of all of the team.
Thank you to The Rookery for making this painful transition in mams life more bearable for us all.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

The Rookery is a very well looked after place, clean and tidy. The staff are brilliant and I can't fault them. You ask them questions and they will answer them as much as they can politely and honestly. You make you feel at home there.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

A warm welcome every time I go there, everyone is well looked after, plenty to do down there. I've worked in a couple of care homes and to me they don't match up to The Rookery. Well done all involved.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been living at The Rookery for 4 months and my sister and I are delighted with the care she receives. The carers treat the residents with respect and dignity but also with genuine affection. Care is taken to dress the residents carefully in clothes that are clean and well matched with jewellery, if that is required. Carers speak kindly to residents, explaining things that residents find difficult to understand. Carers join in activities and encourage residents to sing, dance etc whatever the activity demands. I would wholeheartedly recommend The Rookery to anyone looking for somewhere to care for their relative - it gives peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our experience has been positive with good feedback from staff. The Rookery is well maintained and very clean. The staff are friendly and caring. Overall a good experience.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit my mother on a regular basis and like the fact visitors are welcome unannounced at anytime. The staff are always welcoming and treat all residents with care and respect. My mother usually has a carer with her or is busy in a group activity. Her appearance is always immaculate and I can't fault the standard of cleanliness of the home - her room and all areas are spotless. The staff are amazing - patient, kind - I can't speak highly enough of them. My mother has settled in very quickly and is happy and very settled - a great relief after past experiences in other homes.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Its a pleasure to visit the Rookery where staff are very friendly and we are always made welcome. Its good to see my brother in law smiling when we arrive and know he is well looked after. The Rookery is a lovely environment to come into and thanks must go to all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find this home very friendly, staff very helpful and obliging. We are pleased with the care my brother is getting and he is very happy here. From my point of view there are no problems and I want to that all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

The level of care is good.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Well run establishment with excellent/caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been resident at the home for 11 months. Apprehensions about nursing homes prior to this have been well and truly dispelled as the care here is excellent with individual staff going beyond what is their job.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

I could write lots but will simply say, they show kindness in everything they do.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Kind, friendly staff who make both residents and their families feel at home. Great program of events and activities provided daily. Stimulating environment, love the themed corridors with plenty to interest all residents and lovely talking points. The manager and all staff have been extremely helpful, knowledgeable and grounded. I wouldn't want my grandmother to be anywhere else. We are both elated and relieved that a room was available in our time of need in this much sought after facility. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent care. Staff very helpful and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am only able to visit my grandmother occasionally as i live some distance away. When i have visited her she has appeared well cared for and seemed to have a good rapport with the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Likely

When i visit my mother-in-law at The Rookery, which is approximately once in two to three weeks, she always appears to be well cared for. The staff are always very pleasant when i visit.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care my brother has received has been excellent. The carers have a gentle non threatening attitude and display a loving and nurturing manner towards the patient. Relatives are treated with utmost professionalism, and are actively welcomed. Any concerns I have had are listened to and acted on promptly. The room could be bigger and the bed slightly larger for a 18st male, that is my one and only complaint, which is being dealt with.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel as if the level of care is really good.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Always clean and tidy. Very friendly obliging. My relative is always kept clean and is very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum is very happy. Assistance and keep offered. Very good.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Overall very please with everything and would certainly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like that i can visit without prior appointment needed. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. Best of all my mother says how good it is to be in the care of those at The Rookery.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

When my mother-in-law, who was suffering from dementia, was admitted to The Rookery, she thought she was in a hotel and was really happy, which was a load off our minds.
As time went by and her personality changed, as a result of her dementia, her behaviour became more difficult, but the staff dealt with all problems with great care.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

From the day my mother entered The Rookery in Jan 2012, myself and the rest of my family have been absolutely satisfied with the care she has had and continues to have by the staff at The Rookery. On the one occasion we needed to talk to the manager about a concern it was dealt with promptly and effectively.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

We have found The Rookery an excellent care home. The staff are all understanding and do their very best for the residents. Facilities are extremely clean and kept to a high standard.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is always clean and well kept. The carers look after her very well. The home is spotlessly clean and never any bad odours. The carers are always well dressed and professional in their manner towards the residents. My mother has been here for over eight years and I have never had reason to complain. A big thank you to all.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

My experience- excellent care home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Rookery Care Home? Extremely Likely

Always happy with the service and care provided. Nothing is ever too much trouble for the carers and domestic staff. Everywhere is clean and tidy. Plenty of entertainment and mind stimulation for the residents. Family are always welcome and treated with respect. Residents are treated with dignity and respect and clearly shows that their care is of utmost importance.

Submit a Review for The Rookery Care Home

January 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Rookery Care Home