Church View Care Home, Caerphilly, Caerphilly

Located within a residential area of Caerphilly, Church View Care Home is a purpose built 45 bedded accommodation offering Dementia, Residential and Respite care.

At Church View Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. There is a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Chefs at Church View pride themselves in knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Alison Durbidge (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Caerphilly County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 45 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales* Report on Church View Care Home: click here

* Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

posted 31 Oct 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.7 Church View Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.693)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Church View Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 28 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Church View Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.693 for Church View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (227 Excellents x 5) + (91 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 322 Ratings = 4.693

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Church View Care Home is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9 positive Reviews (45 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 9 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Church View Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Church View Care Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

A day at Barry Island was most enjoyable. We all had a great day. Also, the day of my Birthday, which was all arranged by the family and staff at Church View. Everyone seemed to have a great day. We went out on a short bus trip but ended by being invited in having a first class lunch organised by the voluntary service for the elderly. It was first class. We all enjoyed it. Looking forward to going again.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Likely

Yesterday we took our mini bus and had a tour of this beautiful area. Few of us had seen it before. We ended up having a tea at Tredegar House. It was a lovely day out. We had a 3-course meal in Bedwellty House organised by the R.V.S. A lovely day out was had.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother went to Church View for respite care. She was really enjoying her stay. She enjoyed the company of the other residents, the food, and also the staff were so kind and caring.

Sadly she was taken ill during the last week of her stay, was taken to hospital and died in A&E.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lovely staff - carers should be more valued they do an amazing job.
Nearly all the ladies that care for my mother would make amazing nurses. Most of these carers would put qualified nurses to shame.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care home is lovely. The staff are all amazing and very thoughtful towards residents and their relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Church View for 12 months and I have always found the caring environment to be exemplary.
The staff always display a caring professionalism. Any queries/concerns are always addressed with prompt efficiency. My mother is always treated with dignity and respect. I have been very satisfied with the level of care my mother has received.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been residing in Church View Care Home for seven years, during this time she has been treated with love, kindness and dignity.
At a time when there is a great criticism of care homes, my sister and I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and management at Church View.
The staff are not just carers but go over and above to create a warm, friendly and loving atmosphere at the home. The home itself is spotlessly clean and the recent refurbishment of the lounge and dining room is beautiful.
The residents have a choice at meal times and we have seen the meals served which look and smell delicious.
We can only thank all at Church View for their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother went into this residential home in February 2010. Our family is pleased with the care she has received. We find the staff very caring. The food and cleanliness are excellent. Last week she had her 100th birthday and had a lovely day and a party and entertainment were put on for her. Although she is now very frail the home has provided everything for her comfort and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit my mother in law most days and I can honestly say that she is always clean and tidy and well looked after. This care home has a lot of things going on that she can take part in. I would also like to say that the staff and management are all very good at their jobs and they are all very nice to get on with, nothing is too much trouble. I would like to thank them all for the wonderful job they all do.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My daughter and I visit my mother on a regular basis and can find no negatives regarding Church View. The staff are very caring and always having a joke with the residents. Nothing is too much trouble. They are always on the go but can find time to answer any questions we may have. I have recommended Church View to acquaintances.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have stayed a month at Church View due to having an eye op. I would recommend the home to everyone as all the staff are very helpful and friendly they can't do enough for you. Everything is outstanding. I was taken shopping, I was taken to watch a pantomime and was kept very busy with different activities and entertainment. We had fabulous choirs in and singers. I made lots of new friends, I done loads of crafts for Christmas, thank you to everyone at Church view.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Care home seems to be well run with friendly staff.
Visitors coffee is a splendid idea giving privacy when visiting.
My sister has been here a short time but seems happy and long may it last. Congratulations to the manager and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was in the home for respite for a week. He had been previously and we were very happy with his care. More importantly, he was happy to return as he enjoyed the food and company.
The decor on the ground floor has improved tremendously and looks fresh, however, the lower ground floor bedrooms now look very tired in comparison. The carers were very good and supportive, the manager was excellent taking the time to visit his home before admission to discuss his care, and the food was good.
Happy to recommend Church View.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

HC-One, Careline Team at Church View Care Home responded to this review on 14 Dec 2016:

Thank-you very much for taking the time to tell us about your father's respite stays at Church View. We are really pleased that he enjoyed the food and company and that you are happy to recommend the home.
We are also pleased that you are impressed with the general refurbishment of the home. We're sorry that you were disappointed by the standard of décor in the bedrooms on the lower floor. Bedroom refurbishments are carried out at a different time under a rolling programme of works and will be completed to the same high standard as the rest of the home.

My husband went for respite care, he has vascular dementia. He settled very well and I was able to relax knowing that he was being well cared for. When he returned home he was in good spirits and had enjoyed his stay. They even brought my husband's dressing gown, which we forgot, back to our home - we live quite a few miles away from the home and this was so kind of you. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have had a very busy week, I have made lots of lovely things with arts and crafts. I have had every day out at the park by the lake where we had a picnic. I also had every afternoon sat outside in the local beer garden we had a shandy overlooking the stunning Caerphilly Castle, to finish a great week off we had a fantastic singer who got all the residents singing. I was up dancing. I would like to thank the staff for all the hard work in keeping us happy and busy.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Likely

Friday I celebrated my 89th birthday, I had a lovely afternoon myself and four of my friends from Church View Care Home were taken out for lunch with the activities coordinator and a carer. We went to a local pub where we had a lovely meal out with the company, was very nice, the food was good. We all enjoyed a glass of wine and had birthday cake also to the local park where we sat and looked at the beautiful lake at Bryn Back Park.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Likely

Today I was asked if I would like to go out on the mini bus I don't often like to go but I am so glad I went today as I thoroughly enjoyed it, we drove around Newport and saw the old Newport docs, we then stopped and had a McDonalds it was a very nice day, I even had ice cream, so happy I went out as I had a great day.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

It was lovely to see my senior carer receive a kindness and care award today, well deserved team member.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have come here to Church View for two weeks respite as my wife has gone away on holidays, the welcome I have had off staff and residents have been wonderful, today I was lucky to have been taken out for lunch with a few of the other fellow male residents. We went down to the local pub, we had a lovely meal it was great been out and having a beer and a laugh. I have enjoyed my stay so far and would be very happy to come back again.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Today I was so proud to see the armed forces march through Caerphilly town, as I'm an ex service man, I was pleased to see such a big turn out it was wonderful the people of Caerphilly give such great support. Caerphilly Dene a very good display I feel honoured to have been bale to show my support in watching the armed forces march being 101 years old and ex serviceman myself, wonderful morning had by all.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Likely

Today was Royal Ladies Ascot Day myself and the lady residents watched the opening on television admiring the beautiful outfits and hats, after lunch we had a lovely time trying on beautiful hats that the home manager kindly brought in for us to try on, we had our photo's taken wearing pretty hats, we also had champagne and strawberries. What a fun afternoon we had while the male residents watched the football.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Likely

As I was told I was going to Barry Island I felt like a child I was excited as I had not been for 40 years, on arriving and finding what a wonderful place it was and told I was having lunch out, I felt very very pleased, we had a wonderful meal, wonderful carer took us to the ladies, the activities lady go us drinks on arrival, what amazed me was the owner of the cafe told us we could stay there as long as we wanted. We then walked along the shops myself and two other residents, the carer and the activities lady bought some rock and candy floss that I've not had in 40 years. What a wonderful day, the sun shone and everyone was happy. Feeling very refreshed from a wonderful day.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Likely

The December activities for Christmas have been impressive. There was a large range including care services, modern and old time singing, local school choir, card making and several parties for xmas and new year. My husband and I were welcomed to have xmas lunch with my father which was a lovely occasion - room and tables decorated beautifully and food was excellent. This was for all residents not just us. When I turned up unexpectedly at any of the events I was welcomed and made comfortable (tea provided). Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

This was my first Christmas here at Church View. I have had a wonderful Christmas. We have had choir services, the Salvation Army and two Christmas parties. The entertainment was outstanding. Christmas day I went to my nieces's house for lunch which was great and I am lucky to have been able to have gone. The staff worked hard and made Christmas special. I am looking forward to celebrating my 101st birthday in February and the activities have arranged a party to help me celebrate with one of the singers we had over Christmas.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Today we had sunflower clothing come to the home they bring a lovely wide range of clothing out to us they come our twice a year. I always look forward to this and always end up buying as I find it difficult going out around the shops to buy my clothes. Looking forward to their next visit. I bought myself a lovely outfit ready for Christmas.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

This week we had a cruise ship week theme each day. We were in different countries with different meals related to the country. We had cheese and wind tasting and ice cream tasting. We had Spanish quizzes and lots of activities related to the countries we were in every day. The dining room was decorated different and relate to the country. Thursday we had a lovely dinger in to finish the week off. All the staff work hard and a fab week had by all.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very welcoming for guests. Excellent staff. Homely, caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Church View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very nice for all and content. I would like to continue the same care

Submit a Review for Church View Care Home

Recipient: HC-One

Recipient: HC-One

Alison

Alison Durbidge

Joined: 2012

What does kindness mean to you?

“Kindness comes from the heart and it’s about being open and honest with Residents, relatives and members of the team.”

Alison has gained more than 25 years’ experience in providing care and support for older people to enrich their lives. She is a knowledgeable and dedicated leader who is passionate about delivering the highest possible standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Having worked at Church View for a number of years, Alison shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She uses her experience to motivate her team to deliver care and support in a way that Residents’ gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby organisations and is always quick to welcome the local community into Church View.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Alison said: “Spending time with Residents and listening to their views and any feedback they would like to share.”

Outside of work, Alison enjoys holidays abroad, speaking French and spending time with her family and friends.

If you would like to find out more information about Church View Care Home, Alison has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal chat.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Church View Care Home