Acton Care Centre

48 Gunnersbury Lane, Acton, London W3 8EF

Registered in March 2003, Acton Care Centre provides nursing care for 124 residents over the age of 65. The purpose-built home with modern amenities offers 71 beds for general care and 54 beds for dementia care. It is located close to Acton High Street, set on the site of the old Acton Hospital and offers access to other health care professionals to supplement the nursing care already provided. The home has a large car park at the front and landscaped gardens at the rear of the building.

Acton Care Centre opened in 2003, but it has a longstanding history dating back to the 19th century. First opened as Acton Cottage Hospital in 1898 to mark Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, its name was changed to Acton Hospital in 1915 and converted to an NHS service in 1948. From 1980 it become a place for older people requiring long-term care, and in 2003 Acton Care Centre opened on the side of the hospital.

Group: Gold Care Homes

Person in charge: Welmar Patarata (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Ealing Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 125 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Public & Private patients welcomed. Ages 18+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Arabic, Greek, Modern, French, Gujarati, Hindi, Polish, Urdu

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single from £927 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Acton Care Centre to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Accessible by road - Buses 83,427 & 207

10am to 7pm
No visiting during mealtimes 12.45pm to 1.45pm

Ample parking - clamping in place.
Permits from reception

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Acton Care Centre: click here

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for Acton Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.1 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Acton Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.2 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.106 for Acton Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (66 Excellents x 5) + (53 Goods x 4) + (18 Satisfactorys x 3) + (10 Poors x 2) + (4 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 151 Ratings = 4.106

The 4.24 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Acton Care Centre is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 25 positive Reviews (125 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 25 Target = 0.240

8.3 Acton Care Centre has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.346) from 13 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Acton Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to Acton Care Centre

• Nephew of Resident/Service User
  • Partner of Resident/Service User

My mother recently spent about a month at Acton Care Center. I was very impressed with the level of care. I found the staff to be professional but above that, they were courteous, warm-hearted and dedicated to their work. I enjoyed going to see my mother because the staff there was a breath of fresh air. I have had experience of other care homes and, even though my mother was only there for a short time, I have never seen that level of care before. I visited my mother many times over the month and saw many interactions between staff and residents.
The care offered there is exceptional but perhaps the most impressive aspect of it was the loving, skilled and cheerful attention which was given to all residents without exception, and it never seemed to waver. It made such a difference to my mother's well-being. She came out of herself and was a different, happier person for the experience. Acton Care Center is a role model and the staff deserve this review.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Aleksandra Radko, Customer Relationship Manager at Acton Care Centre responded to this review on 18 May 2018:

Dear Simon,

We are really pleased to hear your comments about the excellent care at the Acton Care Centre. Thank you for your kind words.

Best regards.

Not suitable for care provided. Cruel and uncaring staff. My mum was supposed to stay there for 4 weeks from 19/03/18 for respite care but we had to bring her home due to lack of care. My mum is a stroke patient whose right-sided paralysis. My elderly dad and brother take care with help of carers. This has put my mum's dignity and care at risk. My mum had an assessment done at home from your member of staff so you were aware of her all commodities yet the staff weren't able to comply with it. I am glad my mum is compos mentis and pray that she doesn't ever have to end in care upon the mercy of uncaring, unprofessional individuals.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Unlikely

My father has been a resident of this care home for 6 years. His overall care is good. He is a vulnerable patient because he is bedbound, unable to ask for help or to speak. Staff have learned how to communicate with him, they look for triggers and signs to help ensure his pain and comfort needs are met. He is very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Likely

Dalbir Jangra, Head of Marketing and Communications at Acton Care Centre responded to this review on 27 Mar 2018:

Hi S B,

Thank you for your review. Your comments are appreciated.

Best.

The care home was always clean and warm. Staff kept family fully informed of my aunt's condition.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Likely

Dalbir Jangra, Head of Marketing and Communications at Acton Care Centre responded to this review on 07 Mar 2018:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your kind words. There are a number of changes due to be implemented at Acton Centre, that will further improve the quality of care we offer.

Happy to hear your thoughts on any recommendations you may have.

Dalbir.

My mother has been at Acton Care Centre for a year now. The cleanliness is excellent. The caring staff are magnificent. I now feel confident that my mother is being well looked after and cared for. The management are very responsive and there is good communication between management and residents family. The only negative comment is the rooms they are a little shabby but perfectly serviceable.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your kind review. I will investigate your comment regarding the furniture in the rooms.

Thank you.

I am very impressed because the people really care! I thought I was going to be burying my uncle and they turned it around impressively. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your kind words. Our strict recruitment policy ensures all of our care workers are capable of meeting the demanding GCH behaviours and standards.

Happy to hear any recommendations for improvement you may have.

My mother was a resident at Acton Care Centre for five years. The staff were very kind and caring, always listening to any concerns I had about my mother, they always treated her with dignity and kindness. They were also very supportive to me and extremely kind. Even as my mother's Alzheimer's became worse, they still included her in all the activities, which she had enjoyed before. I cannot praise all the staff highly enough, they were all friendly and kind and knew all the residents so well. They became like my extended family and my mother was very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Dalbir Jangra, Head of Marketing and Communications at Acton Care Centre responded to this review on 08 Mar 2018:

Hi Lesley,

Thank you for your kind words. The team at Acton are extremely proud of the quality of care they offer.

Happy to discuss any recommendations for improvement.

I live very far away and so far each time we visit my Mom, staff go out of their way to support me. Thank you Acton Care Centre.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Don't know

The care was efficient, caring and compassionate.
My partner is afforded every dignity and is treated as a 'fully paid-up member of the human race'.
I am at all times kept up to date re treatments etc and am always supported by the staff from the manager to the cleaning staff.
I cannot extol the quality of care enough.
It is superb.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Extremely Likely

This care home is well-run, it is clean and has no bad smell. The carpets could do with thorough cleaning or even changing. There seems to be a lot of staff rotation but a recruitment campaign for permanent staff is in place. There should be more frequent checks on the patients as quite often they look in need of changing clothes etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Extremely Likely

All the staff deserve a medal. They are calm, confident, patient, kind and respectful to the residents, even when circumstances are really difficult.
They are always willing to help, even if it's not their job! They are very knowledgeable. They keep us fully updated all the time. I feel confident in the care my mum receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Average service towards patients although all nurses and carers are lovely and respectful to family. Patients can be left unattended over several hours and general cleanliness is average.

How likely would you be to recommend Acton Care Centre? Neither Unlikely or Likely

I recently visited the care centre where my mother has been now for the last two weeks.
Unfortunately I live in Spain but due to my mothers failing health, I had to fly over.
I met some wonderful members of staff during my stay, that reassured me that my mother will be looked after in her final days.
The hardest day of my life was today, saying goodbye for probably the last time to my very special mum.
Thank you to all the staff, doctors and nurses who had time for me and for taking such good care of my mum.

Submit a Review for Acton Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Acton Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Acton Care Centre