Middlesex Manor Care Home, Wembley, London

Middlesex Manor offers a range of care services within three carefully designed buildings. Care plans are tailored to the needs of the individual and include dementia care, nursing, respite and convalescence care. Care is also offered to those who require palliative care, Parkinson's care and young physically disabled care.

Accommodation features bright and comfortable living areas and bedrooms, designed with comfort and safety in mind. While most bedrooms have en-suite facilities and views of the gardens, all come with a 24 hour call system offering peace of mind. Residents are able to enjoy the large landscaped gardens as well as a greenhouse, herb garden, vegetable patch and tranquil sensory garden.

The chef works hard to reflect the residents’ tastes and preferences in their seasonal menus, making mealtimes an enjoyable part of the home’s day.

A dedicated activity coordinator ensures there are a range of fun and engaging activities available for all abilities such as regular film afternoons, book clubs and painting. Friends and family are encouraged to take part in regular events organised by the home.

Person in charge: Gretchen Olaguer (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Brent Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 83 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Spanish; Castilian, French, Gujarati, Hindi, Panjabi, Punjabi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Middlesex Manor Care Home: click here

9.5 Middlesex Manor Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.481)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Middlesex Manor Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Middlesex Manor Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.638 for Middlesex Manor Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (106 Excellents x 5) + (50 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 160 Ratings = 4.638

The 4.843 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Middlesex Manor Care Home is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16.6 positive Reviews (83 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 16.6 Target = 0.843

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Middlesex Manor Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Middlesex Manor Care Home

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

Very friendly place to be in, very welcoming.
Staff are so friendly. My mother loves it here. I recommend it to a lot of people who need care and looking after.

How likely would you be to recommend Middlesex Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm so glad to hear that your mother is happy in our care and hope that she is enjoying the different activities on offer.

He enjoyed staying there. He enjoyed the service, facilities, food and staff. I will recommend to my friends and family too and will see him go there again in the future.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 05 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that your husband enjoyed his stay with us and hope that he comes for some respite again soon.

He enjoyed staying there and enjoyed the service, facilities, food and staff. I will recommend to my friends and family too and look forward to seeing my son go there again in the future.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 03 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that your son enjoyed his stay with us and hope that he comes and stays with us again for some respite care.

My friend went into the care home as a relatively young man (61), suffering from terminal cancer. It wasn't easy and he got confused and I believe, occasionally frustrated, possibly a bit angry.The staff caring for him were an excellent support for him and also me as they realised it was difficult for me to go very often.

They did everything they could to accommodate his wishes and requirements even though it wasn't possible to fulfil them all (eg getting his own lounge TV from his home to the care home). Unfortunately, he passed away before it could be arranged. A big thank you to all the staff.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jul 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

My father has been a resident here for many, many years. It was his home where he was cared for with love, dignity, support and the very best of clinical care. In all the years he was here, he was very happy and content.
I am very grateful for all that the staff have done my dad, as I live in Ireland, it gave me great solace and peace to know his care and well-being was so brilliant.

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it. I am so pleased that you are happy with the care and support your Father received at this home. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I have attended Middlesex Manor care home on entertainment days and I must say how well the people are looked after with music and entertainment and what fantastic spreads with a variety of foods which are prepared for the care home patrons. You tend to hear in the media of only bad things in care homes and I must say Middlesex Manor is a fantastic care home with so many caring staff. I am so happy my mum is well looked after by all at this home which is a credit to the care industry.

Thank you for your lovely review, we really appreciate your feedback. It's so lovely that you're able to recognise the hard work and efforts that the home put into their resident's time at the home. I am so pleased that you are happy with the care and support your mum is receiving. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The staff at Middlesex Manor Care Home are like a family to my mother-in-law and us as members of the family.
All the staff are very friendly and accommodating.
All the members of staff do an excellent work pride.

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 11 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review, and all of your complimentary comments regarding the staff at Middlesex Manor. I will share your kind words with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The care home that my mother lives in, is of a very high standard. The home is well maintained, the staff are very friendly and always on hand to give assistance.
I know that she is well looked after, and this gives me great assurance.

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 01 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I am very happy with the care my mother receives at the Middlesex Manor Care Home. The staff are very good to my mother and always take the time to ensure she eats. My mother suffers from Dementia and seems to have forgotten the ability to eat. So she needed that one to one attention to get her to eat which is quite challenging and the staff do a fantastic job in getting her to eat.
Mum has now settled in and is always quite cheerful when I visit.

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Mum is very very happy at Middlesex Manor Care Home. All the staff are brilliant.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Our family were very upset my mother had to go into care. However, her needs were too great for her to be cared for at home.
Middlesex Manor provides a very stable and caring environment for my mother. Care is taken with how she looked (she loves hats) and the staff are always very kind and considerate to our family when we visit.
We are always informed of any health issues and really feel that my mother is in a safe and secure environment.
All the staff treat my mother with respect.

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 19 May 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review, we appreciate your feedback. I am so pleased to hear about your positive experiences with our home and that you are happy with the care they are providing for your mother. I will share your kind comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Beautiful home, clean.
Excellent staff and carer.
Very hard working nurses.

How likely would you be to recommend Middlesex Manor Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 22 Jun 2017:

A well-organised care home that pays very careful attention to detail.
My sister in law is very happy to be with you, following a major stroke in 2016.
The staff are courteous and very helpful.

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us, we really appreciate it. We will pass on your feedback to the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

What really made me chose this home for my aunt is the people that work here, I had been looking at local homes to move my aunt to as she lived far away from me. When I came to view the home every single person I came across smiled and they spoke to me, by people making an effort to stop and speak to me, it gave me a good impression that my aunt was going to be well looked after. It was a nice atmosphere, I got the sense that they were friendly. When I shared this with another relative they right away agreed with me and said that it was the right place. My aunt has been here two years now and she is happy. She likes taking pride in her appearance and has always done so and they have supported her here to continue with that, this makes her happy.

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Middlesex Manor Care Home responded to this review on 17 Mar 2017:

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so happy to hear that your Aunt is enjoying her visit, and that you are your relatives were so pleased with our staff. We really appreciate your review. We will feedback your comments to the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Submit a Review for Middlesex Manor Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Middlesex Manor Care Home