Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Ridgemount Road, Sunningdale, Ascot SL5 9RL

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing, Ascot, Berkshire

Dormy House nursing and care home in Sunningdale offer the highest standards of residential, nursing and specialist dementia care for up to 88 elderly residents, including trial stays, respite breaks and convalescent care as well as long-term care.

Dormy House was rated as ‘Good’ in its CQC report (published on 26 May 2017), for the second consecutive time.

During a recent refurbishment, Dormy House has combined services, furnishings and equipment to ensure a luxurious standard of resident comfort and care and a fresh and stylish new look with newly refurbished rooms now available.

Dormy House provides residents with a true care pathway by offering a full suite of residential, nursing and dementia care. As such, residents may rest safe in the knowledge that the home can cater for their care needs both now and in the future.

The dementia care provision has been designed to meet the University of Stirling’s standards, which are widely acknowledged as providing the best living environment for people living with dementia. Stirling’s Dementia Services Development Centre is renowned as the world leader in this field.

Dormy House is an impressive property and located in one of the most sought-after and exclusive residential areas in Sunningdale and is next to the world renowned golf course with our rooms enjoying commanding views over the Ladies’ Course.

The home is well placed for the M3, M4 and M25 motorways as well as the commuter towns of Bracknell and Reading, hence providing excellent transport links.

Dormy House is regarded as one of the finest care homes in the area, resulting in it achieving a number of accolades including a 'Good' rating by the Care Quality Commissioner (CQC) (on 26 May 2017), gaining accreditation to the ISO9000 standard and the Hospitality Assured Standard.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Joanne Gullon (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Windsor and Maidenhead Royal Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 88 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

The home operate an open visiting policy at Dormy House, where friends and family may visit at the times which are most convenient.

Parking is available at Dormy House

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Dormy House Care Home with Nursing: click here

posted 06 Feb 2018

Please call 0808 223 5362 or email enquiries@caringhomes.org for further information about current Bed Vacancies at Dormy House.

8.9 Dormy House Care Home with Nursing has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.946)

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.605 for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing is calculated as follows: ( (51 Excellents x 5) + (28 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 81 Ratings = 4.605

The 4.341 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 17.6 positive Reviews (88 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 17.6 Target = 0.341

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Dormy House Care Home with Nursing?

Reviewer Connection to Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Dormy House has provided a truly caring environment for my 97year old mother in the last part of her life and for me to recuperate from hip replacement surgery.
It has enabled us to be together and all the staff have been sensitive to this. If there has been any downside, it would be the number of agency staff employed, who do not always know how or what to do, or where help may be found. I am aware that Dormy House is undergoing considerable redevelopment but I have to say that on the top floor, all food arrives cold, presumably until the new kitchens are installed. Yet it is an excellent, caring sanctuary.

How likely would you be to recommend Dormy House Care Home with Nursing? Extremely Likely

My wife has been at Dormy since January 2017, with dementia. As a family, we have watched her general well-being improve.
The staff have we feel become friends and treat her with love, care and kindness. Her room is bight cheerful and from the moment you walk through there is a happy feeling, the staff are without exception all approachable and listen.
As a family we feel that we are fortunate to find Dormy.

My wife was in Surrey Wing.
She had a room initially on the first floor but was moved downstairs once I asked.
The care she received over her three and a half years was excellent.
She was always treated with dignity and patience.
This is not just my opinion but also the view of my five children who visited her regularly.
The food was good. Two members of staff who cared for my wife (and others) most of the time there were excellent.
No complaints by us.

I cannot recommend Dormy House Care Home with Nursing more highly. The whole team of staff work together so well to provide the best possible care for their residents.The carers are so kind and friendly and show genuine care. It's not just a job to them and this is so clearly evident. I think the consistent nursing team is important to provide medical support. Sadly my mother needed end of life care and this was exceptional at Dormy House Care Home with Nursing. There was beautifully presented food and wonderful activities for residents.

I have been here for about 1 year and the treatment I have been given has been excellent. I could not have had a better bedroom, I hope to stay here until I die. All the staff are caring and helpful. The lady who runs the entrance is excellent and the home manager is absolutely excellent and works so hard for us as does the deputy manager.

My husband has been there for 6 months and is more settled now. Staff are very caring and look after him well. It has been cold in the home in the last week and most of the residents have had to have extra clothes and cover with blankets.

Joanne Gullon, Home Manager at Dormy House Care Home with Nursing responded to this review on 16 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your kind remarks. At Dormy House we take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities and we are very pleased that you have such a positive impression of our team and the high-quality care they provide. We are aware that some residents do feel the cold more than others and our carers do check the temperature regularly in all rooms, bedrooms and communal areas to ensure they are comfortable for our residents. We always ensure we have extra blankets and heaters available and our maintenance team deals promptly with any issues to ensure that our high standards of service can be properly maintained. We always welcome the opportunity to improve and hope you will continue to share your thoughts with us in the home in future.

We liked the feel of Dormy House from the start, it has a very homely atmosphere. We visit most days and there is always plenty of staff supporting and assisting residents. The nursing care is second to none we feel very reassured that Dad is being looked after extremely well indeed...

Submit a Review for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

December 2016

Joanne

Joanne Gullon

Joined: 2016

As the Registered Manager of Dormy House, I lead a
professional team in providing the highest standards
of residential, nursing and dementia care for residents with varying needs. Our commitment ensures they lead happy and fulfilling lives, whilst maintaining choice over the care and support they receive.

Having worked in the care sector for over 25 years in various roles, my strong leadership experience is one of the key skills I have brought to Dormy House.

I am very dedicated to my role and am committed to ensure that all our residents receive high levels of care and protection they deserve. I do everything I can to ensure the best quality of life for our residents and they are always at the centre of all that we do as
a team at Dormy House.

I take pride in leading my professional care team and in delivering the highest standard of care to all of our residents and their families. I feel very fortunate to be in a post which gives me such fulfilment and which enables me to bring my confidence, knowledge, experience and skills to Caring Homes. My team are enabled and encouraged to give the best care and
support they can to our residents and their families.

I was very impressed with the Caring Homes
philosophy, their core values and their caring
approach towards all our residents. My own values and beliefs matched Caring Homes and this was one of my reasons for joining the Caring Homes’ team.

I am passionate about promoting good practice and quality of life for people living in nursing and care homes, and am looking forward to continue doing this at Dormy House. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my husband and three children.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Dormy House Care Home with Nursing