Rosedale Court, Rayleigh, Essex

Rosedale Court is located in Rayleigh in Essex the long driveway leads you to tall columns and grand entrance of its award winning design. Whilst providing nursing, dementia and residential care this is your home. Every room is as individual as you are.

There are peaceful gardens and spacious lounges for activities. Just as important quiet places to sit and relax to do whatever you wish to do.

Whatever your needs, staff are here to ensure your comfort and well being. Carers want to get to know you after all you are putting your care in their hands and this is so precious.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Lanie Mizona (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 81 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Bar/Cafe on premises

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Rosedale Court: click here

9.6 Rosedale Court has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.610)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Rosedale Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 35 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Rosedale Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.61 for Rosedale Court is calculated as follows: ( (266 Excellents x 5) + (122 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 405 Ratings = 4.61

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Rosedale Court is based on 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16.2 positive Reviews (81 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 17 Reviews ÷ 16.2 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Rosedale Court?

Reviewer Connection to Rosedale Court

I came here 19th March 2016 as the nursing council said I needed 24 hour care. I have cardiac failure and renal failure.
I cannot stand up or walk and have to be hoisted everywhere and use a wheelchair.
I have everything done for me as I can only use my right hand.
My family and I are very pleased I came here as I do not wish to be anywhere else.
My heartfelt thanks to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

My mother has been here since the home opened approximately twelve years ago and I have been extremely happy with the care that she has received.
It makes a massive difference to the family for us to get to know the carers. They have become part of my extended family.
In the years since Mum has been here, I have never had cause to complain which speaks volumes.
Thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

Very pleased with the care my father is getting. He is well cared for. He is well fed, and his room is clean and bright. He likes staying in his room, but Rosedale Court has a lovely cafe for us to take him in. I feel happy that he is looked after well.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

My bed-bound Aunt was seriously ill and was treated with kindness, respect and dignity by staff who are committed to their vocation – they do not treat the care of their residents as a job. I visited my Aunt at all times of the day, so I was able to see numerous members of staff interacting with residents and the care and consideration shown was outstanding.
My Aunt sadly passed away after 11 weeks of exceptional care at Rosedale Court. The staff were so kind to me on the day that she died. Even though they were busy, they found the time to check upon my welfare and needs – they even made me a coffee. I cannot thank the staff enough for their care and kindness, they were all brilliant but I especially want to thank three ladies.
Putting a loved one in a Nursing Home is a very hard decision to make, especially with all of the horror stories in the news. However I would recommend Rosedale Court to everyone, it is head and shoulders above the others I had viewed.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

The care home where my mother is is a very nice place and the nurses are excellent at what they do. My mother is well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

My wife has advanced dementia and I am constantly amazed by the fantastic level of care that she receives to meet her complex needs. Rosedale Court is extremely well-managed and has very high standards of care. The staff are excellent, well trained, and always treat my wife with great care and with dignity. My wife is kept busy with a range of activities. The food provided is excellent and the rooms and public areas are spotlessly clean. Since my wife has been in Rosedale Court both our lives are transformed as we now spend quality time together.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

Our experience has been very good. My dad was in a poorly state when admitted and has improved dramatically. Every member of staff we've met has been very helpful and courteous. My dad is encouraged to take part in all activities and to mix with other residents. Rosedale is a very friendly environment and has a lovely family feel.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

I like the fact activities are done. I like the fact my mother can attend church services. I am pleased she is cared for properly - her hair is done weekly. The overall level of care is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

We have found Rosedale to be a very friendly, happy home to visit. Our resident seems to have settled in quite well. The facilities for visitors and residents are good and the staff are always there to answer any questions and to help in any way.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Likely

Mum has been a resident of Rosedale Court for four years. The home is a bright and pleasant place and Mum has a nice size room with her own toilet and washbasin. She has many of her own things around her which she was able to bring in, which makes her feel safe.

There is a lovely cafe which is always decorated in different themes, where I can take my Mum for a cup of tea and time together.

Mum enjoys the activities, day trips out, entertainment, craft work and cake decorating, and many other things.

Although the care is of a good standard, a bit more personal interaction with residents and families would be nice, but overall, I know my Mum is safe and her care is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Likely

Normally excellent. Not always dressed in own clothes.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Likely

Although my husband has only been here for a week or so, we have found everything being run very efficiently and the staff have all be very friendly and helpful. It is very clean and well looked after, with nice lounges for visitors and for residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Likely

A friendly atmosphere created by staff who work in all aspects of the care home. My father-in-law has been resident since December 2016 and I have been pleased with the efforts made to treat him with dignity and as an individual.
The caring staff share a good sense of humour with my father-in-law and I am left feeling that he is both safe and looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Likely

Everyone is cheerful, happy and very friendly.
Good activities for my mother-in-law.
Lovely tea room to go in and have tea and cake with her.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

I originally placed my mother in this home due to it's excellent CQC report which has lived up to. There are closer care homes (easier to get to) but I am glad I didn't use them, one around the corner from me has closed down. The staff are very professional and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

My mum was in Rosedale Court, Primrose, for a year and ten months.
I was with her every single day for the last two weeks so I saw first hand just how wonderful all the staff were.
They really are such warm caring individuals, even popping in to see mum when they'd finished their shift.
It made everything a lot easier for me knowing that I'd put mum in a home like Rosedale, I don't think I could have found anywhere better for her. Heartfelt thanks to all of the staff there.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

I look forward to my meals. Very bright room, cosy and clean. Staff very pleasant. Bed very comfortable but would like it changed more frequently. Very much miss stimulation of chats with other residents who would be capable of chatting. Carers are really caring, and perk me up in my low times. Senior staff are most helpful and the two activity organising young ladies do a grand job in trying to get me to join in.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Likely

I have no complaints regarding this home. My mam has been here over 6 years and in all that time, she and ourselves have been treated with kindness and care (in my opinion second to none). Staff are caring and excellent at their job. My only problem is that since it has been taken over by yourselves. When I ring and the staff are busy, the answer machine kicks in and no message is available.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

Arrived from hospital and was welcomed warmly. Rooms are very nice, food is excellent, staff are very friendly and helpful. I could not think of a better place to be for my rehab, would highly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

Great care, good food and accommodation.
Very slow to access door to front lobby.

Activities: Very Poor

I am an NHS patient. On the whole, my experience has been very good. Most of the staff go over and above their call of duty.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

Well satisfied with how it has been since I have been the last 5 weeks I have been here. Everyone so kind and thoughtful I could not have wished for a better service. I would recommend Rosedale Court to everybody. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

Knowing my mother was receiving 24hr care was a great relief to all the family. Having been discharged from hospital unable to walk, communicate and depend on carers for everything (and family) we kept her at home for 12 months. Having now experienced the care provided for her I wish her to continue to spend her final days here.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

I was welcomed on arrival, helped to my room. Each carer introduces themselves, all are so kind and helpful and give every encouragement for me to get walking again. The nurses help with the pills and potions. Cannot fault them, again, kind and helpful. The chef produces lovely meals, hot and varied. We have a choice. The room is cleaned daily. Physio people are great. I am bathed, hair washed weekly. I have been treated with respect and dignity. I would recommend Rosedale. My stay has been a happy one.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

My room is clean and tidy. The staff are caring and helpful. Food is excellent. I feel safe in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

I have been really satisfied with my husband's care and well being, no problems. He seems to be really happy when I visit him which is approx 3 times a week. Thank you for all your help.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

I came from hospital and was warmly welcomed at Rosedale Court and shown to my lovely room. In the evening I was given a very nice meal. All the meals I have had were great and you were given as much as you wanted. The staff were very kind and helpful and would come to help any time of the day and night. I would love to stay longer as I love it here.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

My father had to go into a care home at very short notice. The home is very close to where we used to live and therefore enables my mother to visit regularly. In, the short time he has been at Rosedale Court I have felt very confident that all the staff have taken pains to get to know him and to ask us questions to help support his care package. We are due to have a review of his care and this makes me feel confident that any concerns can be raised in an open and supportive way. A very positive start.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

Has been an enjoyable stay. Very well looked after and very attentive staff. Nicely furnished and very clean rooms. Good choice of food, well cooked. Friendly atmosphere. Thank you for the very good care I've had.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

All staff are cheerful and friendly - the entertainment team are excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

My family and myself got mum into Rosedale Court after removing her from another care home after she suffered a fractured ankle and wrist in a fall at home. Although we had to self fund mum's stay at Rosedale Court. The standard of care and cleanliness was excellent and their staff helped immensely in getting mum back on her feet. I would have no reasons not to recommend this care home to any friend or other client if asked my opinion. This home and it's staff are to be highly recommended and their fees are reasonable to their standard of care and rehabilitation.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

My husband and I just want to say how happy we are, with the dedicated care and kindness, you have shown. The staff looking after my husband are very experienced, and look after him excellently. The room he has is lovely, nice view of the pond. We are more than happy and grateful for your care.

Good.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Likely

This is a really lovely place for nursing patients to live in. It is very clean and well kept with friendly helpful staff. If there is ever a slight problem everyone is more than happy to help and find a solution. There is a lovely café where you can take guests and help yourself to drinks and refreshments which is brilliant thing to have. All in all a lovely place to live and visit with a friendly atmosphere and excellent security.

How likely would you be to recommend Rosedale Court? Extremely Likely

This is an extremely well run care home. As the long service staff know exactly how to look after the residents however, we have had five new managers over the past two year,s with the last manager upsetting the smooth operation of this home. Thankfully the new manager is very good and is settling in nicely with the long serving staff who have carried this operation. This home once more feels like a "family" which is good for all concerned.

Submit a Review for Rosedale Court

Recipient: Runwood Homes Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rosedale Court