Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

111 Burgess Road, Bassett, Southampton SO16 7AG

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton), Southampton, Hampshire

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton): Serving Southampton, Winchester, Eastleigh, the New Forest and The Isle of Wight plus the wider area of South Hampshire, Sunrise of Bassett is just 5 minutes from both the M27 and M3, making it ideal for visiting family and friends. Southampton Airport is a short journey of just 10 minutes by car. Local shops and West Quay Shopping Centre are nearby, as is the New Forest. This purpose-built home for the elderly incorporates the very latest thinking on care home design. Professionals provide a range of senior care, dementia and nursing services, all customised to the needs of each individual resident. Communal facilities include beautifully landscaped grounds with areas for relaxation and contemplation, as well as extensive living and reception areas. Residents, family and friends can also enjoy nutritionally balanced, freshly prepared food and restaurant style dining, whilst suites all possess en suite bathrooms and food preparation areas.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Jim Bowie (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Southampton City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 104 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton): click here

8.8 Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.826)

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.393 for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) is calculated as follows: ( (115 Excellents x 5) + (83 Goods x 4) + (25 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 224 Ratings = 4.393

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.433 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 20.8 positive Reviews (104 registered beds ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 20.8 Target = 0.433

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)?

Reviewer Connection to Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

I arrived here in December 2016. I have received support in all areas of assisted living and I would like to highlight some of them.
The general manager who has been readily available to listen and deal with my concerns to enable me to settle in on a practical and emotional level.
The accounts lady, she has been enormously helpful in adjusting my bill following my transfer from another Sunrise.
The community maintenance assistant who patiently sorted out my technical and practical matters in my accommodation, thus making life easier.
The dining services coordinator who has supplied and sourced alternative types of food to deal with my intolerances and the efficient and pleasant dining room server.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)? Extremely Likely

Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager at Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) responded to this review on 27 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sunrise of Bassett.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities to make a difference to our residents and their families lives.
The Sunrise of Bassett Team

I am generally satisfied with service and conditions but would prefer to have dementia sufferers separated and not allowed to disrupt mealtimes.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)? Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) responded to this review on 24 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Gracewell of Bassett.
The Sunrise of Bassett Team

I believe this is a great care home. Everyone is friendly and helpful and great care is taken of all their residents. More carers would make life easier for the staff at certain times. There are many activities going on most days that the residents can participate if they require to do so. The carers and nursing staff and all volunteers are very understanding and caring. A perfect home for my Mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)? Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) responded to this review on 13 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sunrise of Bassett.
The Sunrise of Bassett Team

Mu aunt and uncle have lived at Sunrise of Bassett for the last 2 years. They have enjoyed the privacy of their own rooms or socialised in the many activities and trips out, experiencing friendly, adoring professional attention from the staff in all areas. My aunt passed away peacefully in her sleep age 96 at Sunrise of Bassett. During her final weeks, she was treated with utmost dignity and professional care.

My father (93) is on the basic care plan which mainly is okay. He had health challenges in 2015 (vertebra compression fracture), shingles, depression and his mobility has deteriorated. He now needs urine bottles at night but so often they are not emptied until he requests this in the evening!!
I've met with management who have said they'll address this but it's not much better. There is a very high turnover of staff which is worrying. The new manager doesn't seem to acknowledge family visitors. My father and others say when they ask a member of staff for an action it rarely happens.

Management: Poor

UK Marketing, Marketing Manager at Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) responded to this review on 12 Apr 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Sunrise of Bassett.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We would like to understand your concerns further and would be grateful if you could email more information to us on information@sunriseseniorliving.com or please speak with our Community General Manager so that we can explore your concerns fully.
The Sunrise Team

I come to visit my friend and always feel very welcome. The staff are very helpful and happy, and I feel that Sunrise is a lovely place to live in.

The atmosphere at Sunrise is wonderful. The lady on reception so welcoming. The home always smells fresh and housekeeping excellent. Have stayed for meals which are well presented, varied and tasteful. Residents seem happy and there are always activities available for those who want to participate. Visitor parking sometimes difficult during busy times but a space soon becomes available. Lovely to have a Bistro with a super coffee machine readily available to residents and visitors alike with snacks or fruit if required.

After losing my wife and my home I am so grateful for all the kind care I now receive at Sunrise. Food is excellent, many varied activities and ready access to medical facilities. My rooms are now my home and I am a contented 91 year old.

My friends were unable to manage at home and had become malnourished and ill. Within two months (in 2014) they were back to their old selves. This month the wife had been brought very low by a chest infection but has rallied well. This would not be the case I am sure without the care and attention of the staff at Sunrise and the comfortable environment of their suite. I am very reassured that they are well cared for and that their needs will be met so my input is not essential. I think Sunrise is quite a find.

I am discomforted by apparently long "waits" by wheelchair patients. Vague messages about how long a patient will have to wait are very frustrating especially when grossly inaccurate leading to long delays.

UK Marketing, Marketing Manager at Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) responded to this review on 15 Feb 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Sunrise of Bassett.
The Sunrise Team

I have been a resident here for 2 years 4 months. At first I wasn't sure when I came in I had decided in one day. However it was the best move could have made. I really love all the carers, the staff and everybody. There is such a happy atmosphere and loads to do if you feel inclined and not if you would prefer. The home and care is great and I am happy living here.

Warm, comfortable, good food, adequate care.

When my husband passed away in 2013 I knew it would be impossible for me to continue to live in our four bedroom bungalow in a rural part of the Isle of Wight. Our two daughters were and continue to be the support I needed and with their help I came to make my home here- in one room at first and later moved to two rooms where I have separate bedroom and sitting room, and that to me is now my home. I don't think anything can be absolutely perfect in this circumstances but I am able to join in most activities and thankful for that and also that I am mobile.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)? Likely

I came to Sunrise from hospital after several operations in very poor health and now after 13 months with the care I have had at Sunrise. I am back again to reasonably good health. Thank you to all the staff at Sunrise.

Having been here for a month in 2012 to recover after serious illness I am now a resident while my water damaged flat is being repaired. It was my decision to come here again because this in my opinion is a very well run home. There is total freedom to do as one wishes and having private rooms with en suite shower rooms is a particular plus. I would highly recommend Sunrise to anyone who can afford to stay here. Fees are high but fair for the services provided.

I am a happy resident of Sunrise. I have lived in Sunrise for 5 years.

I am very happy here I am treated very well.

Have not been here very long but so far have found this care home far superior as to what I have experienced before.

I have no complaints at all. Staff very friendly and always willing to help me.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Mary

Mary Maughan-Otten

Job Title: Deputy Manager

I have been a general and mental health nurse since 1984 and worked in both public and independent sectors since qualifying. I have been in the care home sector for more than 10 years, supporting the elderly at manager level and beyond.

I am registered with the NMC and always maintain my skill set so I can care for others to the best of my ability. I am passionate about caring for others and ensuring their choices and preferences are met in a person-centred environment.

I am proud to be the Deputy Manager and Head of Care at Sunrise of Bassett and to be part of a caring team of professionals. Sunrise is more than a job, it's a joy to be part of this excellent organisation.

We are a family here and we aim to provide a centre of excellence for both residents and team members. Come and visit and see for yourself...

Monika

Monika Zytowiecka

Job Title: Assisted Living Co-ordinator

Every day is different in my role and it is the uniqueness of each resident and assisting them to deal with any issues or sharing some special moments that give me the greatest satisfaction. I am passionate about providing our resident with the best quality of person centred care each and every day.

Lisa

Lisa Roberts

Job Title: Reminiscence Coordinator

I have loved working at Sunrise from day one, I am proud of the care and lifestyle we offer our residents and I aim to improve this as each day passes. I love working with seniors and I am pleased to be apart of a great team of people who all strive for the same goals.

Karen

Karen Grant

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-Ordinator

Activities are at the forefront of the care we deliver at Sunrise. I am proud of the quality of activities we have on offer every day of the week.

Charlotte

Charlotte Bennett

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

“My role is in helping seniors and their loved ones with the process of searching for and understanding residential care. I’m proud to be able to offer a solution that will improve the quality of peoples lives."

Marieke

Marieke Meijer

Job Title: Senior Director of Community Relations

For the past 7 years my role has been to provide advice and guidance to seniors and their families throughout the moving process. It is a delight to see how so many residents transform from being lonely and isolated in their own homes to smiling and chatting in the Bistro, making new friends. Knowing that I am going to help make such a positive change in someone's life is what I find so rewarding about Sunrise.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)