Springfield Nursing Home

26 Arthur's Hill, Shanklin PO37 6EX

Springfield Nursing Home offers a fully refurbished environment staffed by professional carers, ideal for people with a range of personal healthcare needs, including for intermediate care.

The service works closely with the local authority in order to achieve solutions that most effectively suit the community, supporting independence and active lifestyles.

Specialist hoists are available for people with mobility issues and a nurse call system allows residents to contact staff at any time of the day or night.

Group: Hartford Care Ltd

Person in charge: Yvonne Sparks (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Isle of Wight Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 46 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Visitors are welcome at any time

A limited number of car parking spaces are available

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Springfield Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Springfield Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Springfield Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.76 for Springfield Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (102 Excellents x 5) + (23 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 129 Ratings = 4.76

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Springfield Nursing Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.2 positive Reviews (46 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 9.2 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Springfield Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.760) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Springfield Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Springfield Nursing Home

I was only in Springfield for rehab after a hip operation. I am very satisfied with the care and the assistance I received. Both the care staff and physios etc were excellent. I have no complaints of any sort. I was not chivied to do anything beyond me.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

As a resident of 'Springfield' for several months, I would like to say how well I have been cared for. The staff at all levels, are helpful, cheerful and approachable.
I enjoy the meals which are tasty and varied, which I can take in my room or the dining room.
My room is comfortable and I can have visitors at any time. My wife visits daily and always receives a friendly welcome from the staff.
I believe Springfield to be a happy, well run nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but good to speak of Springfield Nursing Home. The staff were extremely kind and friendly, food excellent, and my room very comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My stay here was excellent. All the staff were marvellous and so caring and it is like a first class hotel only better. Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My 88 year old father has been living in Springfield Nursing Home for over 18 months. In that time my father has had pneumonia and I was told by his doctor that he would pass away within the next 24 to 48 hours. I believe that due to the care he had in this time he survived and now we are 1 year further on.
This was a team effort by dedicated staff that have become my father's best friends. He is enjoying his twilight years. I am happy I chose Springfield Nursing Home and so is my father.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I initially came to Springfield from hospital having broken my left ankle and was still in plaster; I spent 3 weeks in a very nice room on the ground floor and was transferred when a large room became available upstairs in the rehab department, where I have spent 3 weeks. Very beneficial and now can walk and return home. Throughout my 6 weeks stay I have received wonderful care in every respect and am so grateful to all concerned. The staff have been caring night and day and the physios have put me back on my feet- at 95!

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has recently died but was a resident in Springfield for about four and a half years.
The care she received was exemplary. I found the staff to be caring and compassionate.
My mother was a very complex case and needed a lot of nursing care, nothing was too much trouble and I think they went out of their way to make it home from home for her.
During the years we as a family became friends with the staff and they were always there for us as well.
I couldn't have wished for a better place for my mother and always felt confident that she was safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We found Springfield helpful in all aspects of care for our mother, who enjoyed her stay and found the nursing staff excellent.
We would highly recommend them to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I praise every single aspect of Springfield right through from the senior staff, healthcare assistants to receptionist, admin assistant to food and record keeping. In my opinion, this Nursing Home is wonderful in every aspect and I thank the staff from the bottom of my heart for the help offered to both my husband and myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My brother has and is continuing to receive the best care possible.
He always looks well cared for. Every little detail is considered to make him both comfortable and happy. Very much an open door policy and staff are always available to discuss any concerns he or I may have. Definitely recommend Springfield.

How likely would you be to recommend Springfield Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The standard of care is more than I expected. My mother is always asked if she wants anything and is she OK? She can have a choice of food and her ensuite room is lovely and clean with patio doors leading to the garden so she can watch the birds. The staff are always friendly and cannot do enough for the residents.

Submit a Review for Springfield Nursing Home

March 2017

Skills for Care Accolades

Recipient: Hartford Care Ltd

Date: Wednesday 01 Mar 2017

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Springfield Nursing Home