Arbrook House Care Home, Esher, Surrey

Arbrook House employs a team of highly trained staff who strive to provide high quality personalised care for a number of requirements, including long-term nursing, convalescence, respite and palliative care.

Arbrook House is a beautifully converted private home with extensive landscaped grounds where residents can enjoy views of the natural lake and wildlife. The home provides a high standard of accommodation with tasteful decor and well equipped rooms which include ensuite bathrooms, electric profiling beds, a 24-hour call system, flat screen TV and broadband internet access. Some of the bedrooms have spectacular views over the lawns and all benefit from co-ordinated soft furnishings.

All meals are home-cooked to suit individual tastes and dietary needs, and snacks and drinks are available throughout the day along with a 'Nite Bite' menu.

Organised activities and hobbies are encouraged and include a gardening club, Pets as Therapy dogs and indoor bowls. Residents can enjoy trips and outings as well as entertainment and events.

Person in charge: Jonathan May (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 44 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Finnish, French, Norwegian, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Arbrook House Care Home: click here

8.7 Arbrook House Care Home has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.681)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Arbrook House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Arbrook House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.2 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.476 for Arbrook House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (83 Excellents x 5) + (46 Goods x 4) + (13 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 143 Ratings = 4.476

The 4.205 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Arbrook House Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 8.8 positive Reviews (44 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 8.8 Target = 0.455

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Arbrook House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Arbrook House Care Home

After one week, I am very satisfied with my choice of Arbrook for my mother-in-law who has heart failure. The manager has been impressive, caring, swift to act and good in communicating, from hospital discharge to care home admission and in subsequent attentiveness.

Staff are courteous, patient and helpful. They have such a tough job but manage to do it with a smile on their faces.

The care home has pleasant gardens, corridors can be noisy - but on the whole, we are satisfied, very much, at this point. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Arbrook House Care Home responded to this review on 06 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

Staff welcomed me into Arbrook House when I came in from home/hospital following surgery. I was very weak (physically) when I arrived for my stay, but over a number of weeks, the nurses and staff helped to get my appetite, strength and mobility back.
The nurses helped me with my medication (including wound dressing changes), the physio helped me with washing and dressing,
I enjoyed the daily activities very much. This was the best place for my recuperation, we cannot thank the wonderful staff enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Arbrook House Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. Glad that you are much better now and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We were called to Arbrook House as my husband was dying in a Friday evening.
After he had died, we went home.
No contact was made to us until Monday evening. We didn't know what had happened to his body or where he was.
The funeral directors subsequently told us he had been collected at 11pm Friday. It would have been nice if the care home had phoned us on Saturday morning.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Likely

Management: Poor

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

My husband came to Arbrook as he has advanced MS. The home is very comfortable and friendly. The staff are very kind and helpful. The surroundings are totally beautiful, with enormous landscaped gardens, complete with a lake. The accommodation is very comfortable with every need seen to. The food is prepared by an excellent chef and is wonderful. Altogether, the best nursing home possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Arbrook House Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and that the home met all the standards and we appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My husband was a redient at Arbrook House Care Home from 28th July 2016 until she passed away on the 27th September 2016. I cannot fault the care he was given. Arbrook House has an amazing team of nurses and carers who go above and beyond to look after both resident and family.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Arbrook House Care Home responded to this review on 14 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very good, my father is kept clean and his room is clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Arbrook House Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jun 2016:

Some of the staff are excellent and very conscientious, whilst others seem to avoid their duties if they can. It would be nice if some members of staff showed a bit more charm and enthusiasm for their jobs and that includes the receptionist, who can at times veer
towards being grumpy and down right rude which is not very welcoming. It does take quite a long time for staff to answer the bell. If possible it would be a good idea to get the council to install traffic lights at the gates.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Arbrook House Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jun 2016:

My mother is very happy at Arbrook House. She considers it to be her home now. Her needs are met and her medical condition is very well controlled. The nurses are well trained and on site 24hrs a day.
She is cared for by the same staff, so she sees friendly familiar faces all the time. She takes part in activities every day with the other residents so she is not bored.
The food is excellent; delicious and home made. Her health improved when she came to Arbrook. Her laundry is cleaned and returned and her bedding is always clean. She has a special bed and her personal care is attended to by kind well-meaning staff.
I am grateful to everybody who looks after her.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Arbrook House Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

This nursing home has exceeded all of my expectations from the management to the cleaning staff, from the house itself to the well kept rooms. The standards are kept close to perfection.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have had parents resident at Arbrook House since September 2013. Initially I had some concerns about staffing levels and communication both between staff at the home and with myself. In the past year there have been significant improvements in the physical environment and staffing levels and I feel much more able to work in partnership with the staff about my parents care. This is now a warm, caring and supportive environment in which the recent death of my father was handled with great sensitivity and I have confidence that the future care needs of my mother will be fully met.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Arbrook House Nursing home must be one of the best nursing homes in the country. I went to see my brother who had a severe stroke, at least six days a week over a year. My brother was treated with sensitivity and kindness by all the staff. He was always asked by the carers if he wished to go to activities or into the lounge/dining room etc. Whenever possible his wishes were accepted. He had a terrible year and he was unable to do anything for himself, but he could not have been cared fro in any better way. To me as a relative it became second home and I now miss going there more than I can tell you. I think the carers are wonderful but grossly underpaid.

How likely would you be to recommend Arbrook House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was very pleased with the care, compassion and attention that all staff paid to my mother in the six weeks she was at Arbrook House. We were always welcomed on arrival by all staff we met and kept updated on her condition. It was of great comfort to us that the whole team has my mothers best interests to the fore.

Submit a Review for Arbrook House Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Arbrook House Care Home